609 replies to this topic

#41 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

"You just let me worry about my safety." Jason pulled his mask out of a pouch on his back, putting it on. That was when Zachariah came into view. Once the enemy addressed the professor and himself, Jason smiled beneath his mask. "Oh, don't worry. We won't be long." He studied the enemy through the eye slits of his mask. Yeah, I can take him. Jason chuckled, pops and crackles coming from the mutant. He looked back at Penelope. "I'll take this guy. I need some blood anyway." A few sparks emitted from Jason's fingertips. "You go... do whatever it is we came here to do." Whatever Penelope's response would be, Jason would turn to Zachariah. "Greetings, dead man. My name is Gigabyte and I will be your murderer this afternoon." He lifted his arms up above his head, a bright light in each hand. "So sit back and relax as I RIP YOUR HEART OUT!!!" Jason ran at his new enemy, stopping about five feet away from Zachariah and firing a blast of lightning at him. If the enemy allowed the blast to hit, it would more than likely rip him apart.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#42 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:53 PM

Zachariah watched the boy run. He was quite slow. With the practiced ease of an incredibly proficient swordsman, Zachariah easily sidestepped, dodging the bolt as he lunged forward, parallel to Gigabyte's path. He drew his longsword parallel to the ground, slicing across Gigabyte's chest. The wound, if it cut, would be shallow, but enough to send the boy to his knees. Zachariah had moved at near twenty-five miles per hour in his dash, likely giving Gigabyte hardly enough time to recognize that he had moved before the pain caught his chest.

On the other side of the boy, Zachariah would swing his sword once through the air, splattering the blood to the grass as he mused, "You talk too much. Let the adults handle this, child."

Edited by Rumbleroar, 18 January 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#43 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

They were fast. Both of them. Orias landed behind Cricket, having missed with his attack. Fionna had barely moved a muscle when the grass began to shift. Luckily he was on the move beforehand.

He landed in a crouched position, and hesitated briefly as he tried to think about what to do. He thought about sweeping out her leg, but they had to be much tougher than a normal human's due to their shape and power and speed of her kicks. Instead, he crouched lower in case she spun around and teleported again off to Cricket's right.

He gripped his sword tighter. He didn't actually want to hurt anyone. He flicked his eyes to the grassy cocoon and furrowed his brow. Something felt... off.

Suddenly, Professor Strong and Mister Jason arrived. The latter turned to take on the goat man, but it wasn't going well. He hesitated again and looked to the grassy cocoon. Perhaps there would still be a way to save the woman.

His attentive ears listened for the chirping of his long legged friend, ready to move if need be.

If she approached him from the front, he would teleport behind her on the ground and swipe at her legs with the blade of his sword, whichever one was still on the ground. The thigh area, a quick horizontal strike. Likely to do nothing but direct her attention towards him. He would quickly then teleport behind her and attempt to wrap his left arm around her neck and hold the blade of his sword against her flesh as well. He wondered if her legs would be able to help her out of this situation.

#44 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:04 AM

Bloodhound accepted the bottle of water from Allegro, nearly forgetting his manners and opening the bottle before saying a "Thank you" to the teacher. He quietly drank his water as Allegro complimented him on defensive use of his mismatched powers and the attempt to weather Rook's rocky skin. Bloodhound nearly let out a giggle as Guardian was reminded that he did have allies and to keep them and his surroundings in mind. It was true that he hadn't heard the man say a single word this whole incident.

To no great surprise, he accepted the praise from Allegro quite well, as was evident from a large smile on his face, and set down the empty water bottle in his lap as he took a seat in a chair. "Such praise, Mr. Jackson. You'll make me feel spoiled one of these days, even though I managed to do so little in that fight. I assure you I wouldn't have seemed half as bright if it wasn't for the fact that man's skin could break my weapons rather easily." At the bit about his weapons breaking, Bloodhound did give a small frown. The single biggest hinderance for him always was how brittle those things were.

Bloodhound absent-mindedly rubbed the side Rook had hit with his hand. While everything probably had healed well, he did have a lingering sense of mild pain from the area along with an itching sensation.

2j87ib.jpg

#45 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

Leonard dropped his armor and swords to turn towards his friends and teachers.

Leonard wasn't really wordy and didn't really know how to respond to thanks other than with a thumbs up.

And so he gave a thumbs up.

"Well I could go if you guys let me rest for 5 minutes but it'll probably be best for me to get better. My only real regret is to not be with you if my assistance was needed."

He then headed to the plane with Allegro and Bloodhound.

Edited by Kingroy, 19 January 2012 - 05:09 PM.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#46 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Strong looked at Jason as he started to fight with an enemy mutant. The things he spoke about made her weary. She was going to be sure not to leave him alone for long with the mutant. They were still the good guys so killing was truly out of the question. She looked at the jar in her hand before shaking her head and searching for the Secretary while everyone was distracted. It wasn't hard. A giant grass cocoon in the middle of the park was pretty obvious.

Strong had to wonder why they were so obvious with their deeds. Did they think that they wouldn't be stopped? Was in a public stunt to bring fear to humans? What was it? No matter how much Strong would wonder, she knew that those thoughts had to be left for later. She quickly ran towards the structure. Keeping and acceptable enough distance between the cocoon and herself, Strong put her hands out and shaped them like she was gripping onto the top of the cocoon. At the same time, her mind got a hold on the areas she imagined. Then will all her might she tried to rip the cocoon apart, her hands showing the slight struggle she had as her muscles flexed as she tried to pull the cocoon apart.

If Strong succeeded, she would say to the Secretary "Lets get you out of here" and quickly hold herself and the Secretary by the torso with her mind like she did with Jason before. They would fly up and Strong would send her to the outside of the park, away from the action where she will be safe while Strong herself would started to float back down and aid her students. If Strong did not succeed in ripped the cocoon apart, she would try again unless she was attacked. If she was attacked she would abandon the cocoon to deal with the threat.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#47 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:05 PM

[ AT THE CLEARING ]

Cricket wheeled about, attempting to smack Brimstone in his side, but the man ducked her attack. Wasting no time, she leaped forward to avoid another possible blow from behind. As she leaped, she felt a sharp pain in her thigh, as Brimstone cut her. It wasn't enough to slow her significantly, but it also wasn't very comfortable. With as much speed as she could muster, she stopped, pivoted, and attempted to deliver a straight kick into... nothing.

Brimstone caught her and held a blade to her neck. "Dammit," she groaned, standing on one leg to avoid causing the small cut to bleed further.

Brimstone, then, would feel a slender arm suddenly wrap around his chest from the left, the long, clawed fingers clutching and digging into his opposite shoulder. A dagger touched his throat as a soothing voice flowed into his ear, "How wonderful to once again make your acquaintance, child." She pressed the dagger to his throat, though not hard enough to cause any more than minor discomfort. She mused, "You don't smell Human, even slightly." Her long tongue licked his cheek and she cooed, "Don't taste it, either... I wonder what color you bleed..." She drew back the dagger and ran the blade slowly, carefully down his cheek, drawing a line down to his chin.

She grinned and said, "You're lucky I prefer to play with my food before I eat it." She snapped her teeth together once and then sunk away into nothing, leaving him there, possibly still holding Cricket.

If he had released her, she would have limped off to a nearby tree to lean and rest her wounded leg. If she used it too much, she could cause some serious damage to the muscle there, so she needed to take it easy.

"Hm?" Bishop asked herself as the grass of her cocoon began to peel away. With a thought, it would snap back down and hold firm, even against Strong's efforts. Bishop would laugh, "Looks like we've got a telekinetic in our midst, things just keep getting better!" She spotted Strong and inserted herself between the cocoon and the Mutant. She cracked her neck to one side and then the other. Grass weaseled its way up to wrap around her ankles and anchor her to the ground as she threw her arm through the air.

A tree off to her right, Strong's left, would suddenly sprout myriad branches, all targeting Strong. Should she attempt to move them with her mind, she would find their courses difficult to correct. She would manage to send them awry, but only with a great effort expended. Bishop's link to the greenery was far deeper than Strong's.

Queen would then rise up from behind the cocoon. She drew her dagger across the blades of grass and reached down to grab up the goblet off the Secretary's lap. She twirled it in her hand and said, "If this woman is so important to you, come and claim her." She flashed a toothy smile, as if daring any of the heroes to attack. The cocoon shrunk away, leaving the Secretary sitting on the grass, half-conscious, with Queen standing just behind her.

[ THE JET ]

Within hardly a minute and a half of flight time, the Jet would park itself in the Academy's hangar. The three within would exit, only to be greeted by Robert, who would usher them across the grounds and into the back entrance of the school, which happened to lead into the auditorium.

He immediately burst out, "Professor, professor! Was it awesome? What happened? Is everybody else okay? Damian didn't say much... Oh, man, I wish I could have been there. I was watching on TV and all and saw Brimstone just go poof," he made effects in the air with his hands, "and then just knock out this purple chick, man it was awesome..." He dropped his hands to his sides and sighed, "I'd never have the guts to go out there. Well, see you guys around! I gotta get back to piloting the limo!" He stumbled over himself as he rushed off and vanished down a stairwell which was labeled "Staff Only."

[ IN THE LIMO ]

The limousine swerved uncontrollably through the streets as Robert was clearly off, shirking his duties. Damian did his best to project his energy to keep the limo moving steadily, but he was already exhausted, so he was quite relieved when Robert returned. His somewhat gargled voice said, "Sorry about that! The jet just landed!"

Damian massaged the bridge of his nose and looked to Torch and Overload in the car with him. He said, "I won't be accompanying you at the start, but I'll catch up. I just need a little rest..."

The limo skidded to a stop at the entrance to Central Park and Damian nodded. He pointed off toward the woods where Queen and the others were. He explained, "They'll be off that way. Stay together and don't take any unnecessary risks. The name of the game is getting the Secretary out safely, understood? Don't sacrifice yourselves for this cause, though, please. I am certain she would sooner die than live with the knowledge that her continued life came at the cost of those of children. That being said, a stealthy operation would be best in this situation, I believe. Stay low, and please," he looked to Torch, "please try not to burn down too much of the foliage. We'll have enough of a mess on our hands with the Amphitheater situation. I don't need a brush fire problem on my hands, too. Now go." He kicked open the door to the limo and let the two file out before he slammed it shut again and rubbed his temple. He wasn't quite sure if Sebastian could control his powers well enough to prevent him from igniting many plants, he just hoped that the boy would try his best. He chuckled. A test of sorts.

Robert apologized profusely and Damian silenced him. "It's not your fault, just be more mindful next time."

#48 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

Penelope ceased her attempted to rip apart the cocoon as the mutant that created it confronted her after what she had managed to open snapped back into place. She brought her hands down and made a fist as she looked at her new opponent from behind her mask. She was about to launch herself up quickly, but realized that there was now some grass tightly wrapped around her ankles. She then looked to her left and widened her eyes as branches on a tree headed towards her.

"Getting a tree to fight your battles?" Penelope knew that she wasn't dealing with a pushover. If she could use the plant life around her in battle easily, then the park was the worst place to try and fight her. Strong looked down to the knifes that she always kept on her thigh for the situations where she would have to deal with fights like these. She quickly took two out with her mind and cut the grass as her ankle before launching herself up into the air away from the branches by focusing on lifting herself up by her her torso like always. The knifes she had slipping back into their places as she did so.

She made herself float high in the air, knowing she wouldn't be able to anchored to the ground by the grass easily like before if she stayed in the air. She spotted a few benches around the park from where she was, as well as two rocks not to far from her position. If the branches that Bishop sent at her followed her up into the air, Strong would maneuver herself to avoid them. As she did that, Strong would focus on at least two benches and let them float in the air with her so she could use them as weapons. She then send one benches hurling towards Bishop. While Bishop did whatever she could to deal with the hopeless bench, Penelope would quickly put her hands out and tear apart he other bench with her mind, then hold the metal part in the air. Strong will do the same things even if she wasn't being chased by the tree branches.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#49 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:51 PM

Zachariah watched the boy run. He was quite slow. With the practiced ease of an incredibly proficient swordsman, Zachariah easily sidestepped, dodging the bolt as he lunged forward, parallel to Gigabyte's path. He drew his longsword parallel to the ground, slicing across Gigabyte's chest. The wound, if it cut, would be shallow, but enough to send the boy to his knees. Zachariah had moved at near twenty-five miles per hour in his dash, likely giving Gigabyte hardly enough time to recognize that he had moved before the pain caught his chest.

On the other side of the boy, Zachariah would swing his sword once through the air, splattering the blood to the grass as he mused, "You talk too much. Let the adults handle this, child."

Jason smirked. For a moment, he thought his blast would hit and end the fight early. But of course, nothing can be that easy. Before he even knew his opponent moved, the pain of the slash to the chest hit him, causing the initial blood lust to wear off. Jason began to calm down, holding his chest to try and stop the blood. "Talking is what I do best, friend." He tilted his head to the side. "Well, maybe not what I do best. But it's one of the things I do well." He got up off his knees, swaying a bit before catching his balance. "Now, let's start over." He backed up a few feet from Zachariah. "I don't plan on leaving until either you're dead or i'm dead." He snapped his fingers a few times. "Trust me, it is more than likely going to be the former." He pulled a battery out of his pouch and drained every bit of power out of it. "There we go... refreshed and ready for round two. I believe it is your turn." He kept his hand on his chest, his free hand behind his back. Not looking too conspicuous, he charged up another blast. He kept it weak at first, so the light wouldn't catch his enemy's attention. He kept still and waited for his enemy to make a move. If Zachariah charged him head on, Jason would send the weak blast into his face, then follow up with another weak blast to the leg to cripple him. If Zachariah did nothing, Jason would take a step forward and spit an insult or two, trying to goad him into attacking.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#50 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Allegro would smile and before he even was able to say a word Robert was off. Allegro would chuckle a bit and think to himself about him always being so fast. He would walk the two into the medical section of the school. It was be on the ground floor a right down the hall, first door on the right. He would usher the boys in to the nurse. She would have long flowing locks of black, with a cute nose and bright brown eyes, a sweet smile standing at 5'6". Sitting atop her head was a nurse's hat with the classic red symbol, adorned with two small raccoon ears.

No matter what she tried on Allegro, he would respond, "I'm fine Jules, I gotta get back to the boys and Miss Strong, I heard Jason is out there with them." At that, he would leave. He and Jules had been friends ever since he got to the academy, he had once had a crush on her, however that faded into really good friends since everyone seemed to like the nurse.

Allegro would walk out the front door and turn on the music. He would sit there and slowly start to dance fast paced, his speed would get faster and in a lunge he would take off at breakneck speeds. He would head toward Central Park.

Edited by Griever, 19 January 2012 - 09:38 PM.

#51 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

Torch didn't like the idea of Overload getting all the attention, He saw Overload as a soft weakling who cares too much for the safety of others rather than his own. The limo stopped and Damian explained the objective, he kept eying Torch whenever he mentioned on something not to do, it rather pissed Torch off a lot. Damian kicked them out of the car and the two were left alone to complete the mission.

Torch took a few steps forward and finally stopped to face Overload. " Let's get something straight, you are not my leader, you are not my boss, you are not my father, and you sure as hell are not the strongest on this team. You will stay out of my way and I'll think about putting in a good word after I save the secretary of state. " Torch paused for a second as if he heard something.

" I don't plan on looking back to see if you're okay, I am not a babysitter so get your shit together now because I will leave your ass to die and I won't think twice about it. "

Torch laid out his hand toward the road ahead... " After you princess. "

#52 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

[ STRONG ]

Bishop let the branches miss and watched her opponent, arms folded across her chest. She shouted, "Can't run forever, toots!"

A bench hurled toward her, and her eyes widened. She dove out of the way, screaming, "NO!" A wall of grass launched out of the ground as she rolled, catching the bench just before it struck the half-awake form of the Secretary of State. The bench would land safely on the ground, and Bishop would immediately tether it there with the grass around its base. She looked back up to the woman and bellowed, "I thought you wanted to SAVE her, not KILL her! The hell kinda hero are you?"

Queen cooed, "They try it again, just let 'em kill her. Zeus has a backup prepared."

Bishop nodded.

[ GIGABYTE ]

Knight cocked an eyebrow at the kid. "Bold talk for one so small, though I do agree on one point." He smiled out one side of his mouth and said, "I'm more likely to die than you are. Y'see..." He pointed to Gigabyte's chest with his sword, "If I wanted you dead, you would be. Quite a foolish move to begin with if you thought this would be a match to the death, is it not?" Then his off-hand clenched and he dashed toward the man, ready for more electrical bursts, especially after he blatantly displayed himself recharging.

As the first bolt left his hand, Knight jumped, spiraling up over Gigabyte's head, and landing behind him. He finished his midair twist as his hooves touched down and swung his blade with all all his might in a mighty arc. He swung with the flat edge of the blade, so the worst it would do would be a handful of fractured ribs or a broken arm, should he block with that. The blade would not strike flesh, and Gigabyte would not bleed from the blow. If Gigabyte redirected his second blast to shoot the ram as he spiraled overhead, the sword swing would follow through as planned, though the area struck would have a tiny bit of uncomfortable numbness. His muscle mass was far too heavy for a single jolt of that size to cause significant injury.

Regardless of the outcome of his attack, Knight would kick backward and land several feet away from Gigabyte. He'd say, "I believe your turn should come next."

[ ALLEGRO ]

Julia greeted Derek kindly enough. She ushered the three into the exam room and immediately placed a palm to Derek's forehead. She sighed, "You're crazy, rushing out all the time. You'll get yourself killed, Derek." She offered for him to lie down, but he excused himself and left. She shrugged and turned to the other two. She recognized their faces, Gemini and Leonard.

Gemini had been in here quite frequently when he first arrived. He tended to over-draw his blood and faint back then. She was glad to see him fully conscious this time. Leonard, though, she had only met when he escorted other injured students in. He never seemed to incur any injuries.

Her eyes flicked up and down the both of them, stopping on their midriffs. She sighed and said, "You've got some internal bleeding, Gemini. Surprised you're still up and about! Suppose that's why you're the Bloodhound, eh?" She squatted down and rolled his shirt up before placing her hand over the massive welt that had developed from the blow he sustained earlier. In a few moments, the bump had shrunk, and within the next couple hours, it would be fully healed. She next wheeled about to face Leonard.

She wiped a bead of sweat from her brow and said, "You know, I usually don't heal injuries this slight, but I've never seen you hurt before. Must be quite unpleasant." She touched her finger to a small bruise on his left side, just below the ribcage. It must have been a side effect of his armor being struck twice by such a powerful force. The bruise would likely cause him no discomfort unless someone put pressure on it, as Julia was. Within seconds, the bruise was gone and his skin was right as rain.

She snatched up a couple of cookies from the tray by the door and handed one to each of them. She then looked at Bloodhound's slightly paler-than-usual complexion and she said, "Take as many as you'd like, dear. You'll need your strength to get that blood back. Off you go, now, you two, don't get into any trouble, y'hear?"

[OoC: Most Students would know that Julia has no preference in what they call her (Julia, Miss Julia, Miss Praesent, etc), and they would all also know that she could get quite angry if one were to use a term more along the lines of "toots" or "babe." I imagine Sebastian to be on the receiving end of quite a few of her fits.]

#53 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Strong looked at Bishop and frowned at what she could've done. She didn't expect the bench to fly all the right to the Secretary. She was slightly intrigued though at how Bishop had saved her. Why would she save her when it looked like they were ready to kill her? She looked at the purple woman that was behind the secretary, hearing her say that the next time Strong was that careless the consequences will be fatal.

"Well now, I thought you wanted to kill her. Of course I won't be so careless next time" As Strong spoke, she made the metal pieces she had collected from the other bench and molded them into each other, then she pressed down the clump of metal to flatten it enough to make it a disk. After this she pressed edges of the clump to make them sharp. "Also, I'd never run from a fight" Strong made the medium sized sharp disk of metal spin fast enough to cut anything that was physically possible to cut through.

She sent the medium sized makeshift saw blade towards Bishop's arm. Strong kept her hold in it, ready to send it back to her side like a boomerang if Bishop dodged it and had her accidentally sending it to the Secretary like she did the with the bench. If Bishop sent from grass of branches after her, she would fly away from it and send her circular blade towards the offending plants, cutting them.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#54 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:49 AM

Gemini smiled as he and Leonard entered the exam room and were left to Julia's care as Allegro ran out. There were lots of memories for him here, as he had always been reckless in the early days and collapsed from his overdrawing of blood. Truth was though, that on some of his bad days, the overbleeding was quite intentional and just served as an excuse to get in here. Not that he had ever mentioned that, of course. Julia probably would've been a bit less kind to him for his frequent visits if that was known. He realized he had been drifting off a little and looking at the nurse's ears and tail, and quickly blinked and snapped himself out of his trance.

Despite how often he had been here, Bloodhound still blushed a little as Julia looked them up and down for signs of injury, and became rather shy, losing the interest in running his mouth. He grinned sheepishly as she mentioned her surprise at him being up and about still with his internal bleeding, and let his eyes wander to the clock as she rolled his shirt up to heal the welt he had suffered from Rook, wincing a little as she placed her hand on the wound. The time was now 4:15, he noticed. Julia then healed a small bruise on Leonard's left side before picking up some cookies and handing him and Leonard one, then offered Gemini to take as many as was needed to get his strength back after looking him over once more. He would've looked surprised at the last statement, if not for the fact he knew his complexion probably was a tad paler than he remembered if his past visits were reliable.

Gemini shook his head, however, and ate the single cookie he had been given slowly. "W-Well, thanks for the offer, Miss Julia, b-but it's best to get some rest and put a bit more in me than just sweets, I think. I'll be sure to watch myself, nya." Bloodhound looked confused at that last sound he had uttered. What was he now, a cat? Perhaps he had pushed himself a bit more than he thought after all. He cleared his throat with a small cough, and would wait outside the room for Leonard to leave as well. If the man didn't speed off right away or express that he wished to be alone, Gemini would gently pull him aside and ask, "How about we grab a bite to eat? I must admit I'm rather curious as to exactly what you can do after that little scuffle, if you don't mind. Naturally, I'd tell you things in return as well."

If Guardian rejected his company, he'd shrug and head to the cafeteria alone.

Edited by Dexel, 20 January 2012 - 03:43 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#55 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Orias felt the grip of the disgusting woman, but he held on tight to his foe. He didn't flinch as he was cut quite easily. Pain usually didn't register for something so brief and shallow. Smoke wisped into the air from the delicate wound down his cheek. The wench would likely not be able to notice the color of his blood, which was, as one would expect, something close to a black color. It was red, like a human's would be, but the shadows that engulfed him would render its color hard to see, especially as it didn't reflect light to look shiny and would blend in with his skin, more or less.

He felt the fight in the girl he held drop off a bit. She seemed hampered by the minor cut he gave her. He released her and fell to the ground in a crouched stance, and watched her carefully limp away. He slowly turned his head back towards the woman before. He breathed quietly, but a bit heavily.

He stood up straight, rising to his full nearly six foot height.

"Challenge accepted."
He said, directly to her.

In a flash he was running on all fours towards the Secretary and the woman. As he got in range, he dove for the Secretary of State's ankle, hoping to touch her and teleport her to safety.

Or so the purple lady would imagine.

Instead of touching her, he vanished into a plume of smoke, and reappeared clutching the purple woman instead as she played with her goblet. He hooked his arms around her own and unless this very motion was countered, cooed into her ear "How do you feel about heights?" before they both would vanish.

For a brief instant, she might see the orange hallway. She would still feel his grip, holding her firmly in place. She might feel weak, confused, and overcome with a sense of dread and despair. It wouldn't last long.

They would find themselves high above central park in mid air. They wouldn't stay there for long as they'd both begin to plummet towards the ground. He wouldn't let her wriggle out of his grip as best he could. As the wind would rush around the both of them, he would call out.

"I can teleport to safety before we crash. Can you?"

He bluffed. Even though this woman was dangerous, killing her wasn't in his plans. She had a chance to inflict serious damage upon him but didn't. He would return the favor. If she was truly helpless and resigned to the fall, he would announce in a loud voice,

"Except there's a difference between me and you. You're trying to cause chaos and fear. I'm a hero, and I'm gonna protect them and you, no matter if I'm human or mutant."

He would then teleport well before impact. He would then appear with her firmly on the ground where he would slam her into the ground using his grip. It wouldn't feel like she was dropped thirty feet. It would feel like a regular hit from him.

Of course, it's not like he expected this to go to plan.

Edited by Valor, 20 January 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#56 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:13 PM

Overload would be quite worried about Damian as they rode in the limo. He knew he was weak and needed a good bit of rest. But he also knew that he wouldn't be able to stop him from going, so he decided to go himself to look after him and make sure he'd be alright.

Overload was quite shocked with what the Torch had said to him. He had no idea where any of it came from at all. He hadn't even spoken to the man at all let alone order him around at all. It put him in a from of unease. Would he truly do something vastly reckless that would cause harm to many people? Overload would simply just stay away from Torch at this point, allowing him to do what he wanted. He wouldn't want to stir up the fire in him anymore then it already was.

"Whatever you wish for Torch. I'll stick back and let you fight them, it's all yours. I'll make sure Damian doesn't get hurt at all and can get the rest he needs before coming to the battle field. We have Brimstone out there fighting alongside Milkweed and Gigabyte. You four should be enough to handle it. Allegro should be coming back in the Jet soon enough as well. I'll only step in if it's truly needed. So no worries on that front alright?" Overload of course would watch closely to the fights and make sure no one was in serious danger. He wouldn't just stand still doing nothing but if everyone had their opponents covered he wouldn't jump in, just to be on the safe side and not have Torch go off and do something crazy. Someone had to try and keep the peace the best they could and that's what he was going to do. Once Damian was ready he'd come back and see what his plan of action was.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#57 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Leonard was a bit depressed. Nothing the nurse said could really chear him up. In fact the revealing of the bruise hit him a bit harder than the actual injury. The actual pain wasn't new to him because he has received such small injuries before but he didn't go to the infirmary for them and instead dealt with them on his own. He shook his head when she asked if he wanted a cookie.

"Sorry Ms. J I don't really want a cookie right now."

Leonard opened up the door to the face of Bloodhound, or rather Gemini since they're back in the comfort of home.

Gemini wanted to have lunch but Leonard wasn't really in the mood. He stared into the face of Gemini for a second in a daze and then finally realized what he could do.

Leonard quickly ran off for the training room. He hated the feeling of uselessness and decided to get stronger. Next time he'll be ready for Rook or any other enemy that would dare to cause chaos.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#58 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Sebastian slowly took his time getting to the battle scene with Overload a few feet behind him he twiddled his thumbs singing his favorite song.

"
I haunt and horrify I see through sulfur eyes I'm burning in denial A genius of the night The blood washes Across the crucified So few are chosen I do not die In the hands of death Burn baby burn In the hands of death Burn baby burn In the hands of death Burn baby burn oh yeaaaaahhhh burn baby burn yeaaaahhhh!!! "

Sebastian tilted his head back to see if Overload was still there. " I gota tell ya, if I wasn't here I would so pursue a singing career, yknow? such talent should not go to waste, yknow? "

After a few minutes the two had finally arrived at the battle scene, At this point Sebastian was in his regular form, he quickly looked back to Overload who was directly behind him.

" Catch ya later fag " Sebastian ran as fast as he could to the nearest villain in front of him which happened to be a guy with a Blade. He whistled at the shiny blade.

" Ooooooh, nice Blade, ya know, funny story I really wanted some sort of weapon to match a costume I made, but you know the thing with clothes and fire? yeah didn't work out well. But after I kill you, the blade will have a worthy owner. "

Sebastian clenched his fists together tightly. " You want to see a neat trick? "
with those words Sebastian focused his energy and turned his entire body in flames, force so strong that he was able to flip over a couple cars near him.

" On a scale 1 to 10, how bad ass did that look? "
Replied Torch toward the man with the blade.

#59 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

[ GIGABYTE ]

Knight cocked an eyebrow at the kid. "Bold talk for one so small, though I do agree on one point." He smiled out one side of his mouth and said, "I'm more likely to die than you are. Y'see..." He pointed to Gigabyte's chest with his sword, "If I wanted you dead, you would be. Quite a foolish move to begin with if you thought this would be a match to the death, is it not?" Then his off-hand clenched and he dashed toward the man, ready for more electrical bursts, especially after he blatantly displayed himself recharging.

As the first bolt left his hand, Knight jumped, spiraling up over Gigabyte's head, and landing behind him. He finished his midair twist as his hooves touched down and swung his blade with all all his might in a mighty arc. He swung with the flat edge of the blade, so the worst it would do would be a handful of fractured ribs or a broken arm, should he block with that. The blade would not strike flesh, and Gigabyte would not bleed from the blow. If Gigabyte redirected his second blast to shoot the ram as he spiraled overhead, the sword swing would follow through as planned, though the area struck would have a tiny bit of uncomfortable numbness. His muscle mass was far too heavy for a single jolt of that size to cause significant injury.

Regardless of the outcome of his attack, Knight would kick backward and land several feet away from Gigabyte. He'd say, "I believe your turn should come next."

Jason saw the blade heading towards him. I can NOT lose this arm! He tried to jump back a bit, but his speed failed him and he was struck in the abdomen. Jason let out a huge gasp as the wind was knocked out of him. He counted how many cracking noises he heard; six. He had six broken ribs. "Th-That's... it!" He cried out in a mix of anger and pain. "When I get my hands on you, i'm going to bathe in your blood!" Jason could feel that his breathing was restricted. "You hear me! You dirty ape!" He cried out again. After, he began to calm down, looking at Knight. "Son of a... bitch...!" The pain caused Jason to use both hands to cradle his black and blue abdomen as he gasped for air. If Knight wished to incapacitate Jason; now was the time. If he decided not to, Jason would come back with even more fury. He was angry-- no, more than that. He was furious.

- Christopher Hitchens

#60 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

[ STRONG ]

Bishop watched as Strong began to meld a metal disk. With a flick of her wrist, an acorn flew from a nearby tree and into her fingers. As the disk flew at her, she chucked the acorn at the ground and pulled a tree up out of the ground. Its roots dug deep, its branches high. The blade would slice into the trunk, which would then envelop and smother it. The disc's spinning could slowly cut free from the tree's bark, surely, but branches from the nearby trees would soon launch toward Strong from all sides, horizontally. They would chase her if she moved, stopping only if they collided with one another.

[ GIGABYTE | TORCH ]

Knight twirled his blade as the kid collapsed under his blow. Bathing in blood. Ape, though? He cocked his head to one side and said, "I'm not very ape-like, actually." He looked down to his hairy hooves and waggled his stubby little tail. "More of a ram, really. Hardly the same thing. Not sure how you got that confused." He scratched at his beard and turned to the newcomer.

He walked into the clearing and commented on how nice Knight's sword was. Knight looked at the bark blade and turned it over in his hand. He shrugged, "It's alright, I suppose. Doesn't cut quite as cleanly as my normal one, though. Fair bit lighter, too." He frowned. The child, as that was clearly what the boy was, lit aflame, as if to display how "bad ass," his word, not Knight's, he was. Knight simply shrugged one of his shoulders and said, "I would put it at approximately a three." He held up one finger and said, "Excuse me a moment." He trotted to Gigabyte and said, "You should rest." He drove down the butt of his sword right next to Gigabyte's neck on the right side.

The blow would be enough to paralyze the boy, at least momentarily. The pain of that, coupled with his broken ribs and bruised side would likely knock him out of commission for a time.

Knight turned back to Torch and said, "Now, if you're quite done showing off, shall we begin?"

[ BRIMSTONE ]

Queen watched as Brimstone galloped toward the Secretary. She reached out her foot to touch the edge of the woman. The Secretary melted into the ground and appeared behind Queen. She chuckled, "Oops, too sl-" Brimstone vanished.

Brimstone caught her and she smirked. "Son of a bitch, caught me again." The two vanished together, she elected not to fight against it, why would she? She reappeared high in the sky, with a quip, asking how she liked heights. She laughed, "Love them, actually!"

He mentioned teleporting to safety from such a fall and she said, "I can do you one better!" They vanished before striking down, after he told her something she found quite humorous. He threw her down to the ground, and she sunk into the earth, only to emerge hardly an instant later, rocketing upward quickly, fist leading the charge. She'd catch him upside the jaw with a powerful uppercut. Not enough to do much more than bruise, but enough to send him reeling onto his rear.

She'd land on the ground before him and say, "Chaos? Fear? I hardly deal in chaos. Plans should be organized, beautiful. Chaos doesn't suit me." She slowly closed her fist before her. "Though fear. Fear I like. Fear is what I shall instill in the hearts of those who dare oppose me."

[ BLOODHOUND ]

The Cafeteria on the first floor above the ground floor would be fully stocked with all sorts of delicious delicacies, freshly cooked by the Chef for an early dinner. The food was prepared and served cafeteria-style, self-serve, with trays, dishes, forks, and fountain-style beverages of whatever kind anyone could want. The Chef prepared many different foods at all times, allowing most everyone to eat whatever they could possibly want at whatever particular time.

[ GUARDIAN ]

To get to the training room, Leonard would need to go down the metallic elevator which stood just alongside the stairwell which read "Staff Only." Once down on the basement floor, Leonard would be met with a familiar steel hallway with two ways to go. To his left would be a long hall with several doors on his right, reading Training Room 1 through 10, each with a sign that would read either "Occupied" or "Vacant."

Upon entering his room of choice, he would find a touch screen command console with options for what sort of enemies he would like to fight and other such things. Due to Robert's insane amounts of free time, there was a nearly limitless supply of all sorts of robots and machines available to battle with. Leonard would be free to choose quantity and type of enemy robots to fight against. Their AI is quite advanced, and they are combat-ready, but the amount of energy they require to operate properly forces them to remain within the school.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 21 January 2012 - 03:41 PM.