The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

My character -> http://knightly-game...792&postcount=2

Location and Description: Fields of Freedom
Fields of Freedom is an area filled with many large fields, a few hills here and there as well a willow tree popping up everyone now and then. The fields had long green lush grass with a few wild flowers growing among them. You can also find a few monsters if you're lucky, but they normally are not very hostile. Many of them tend to be small sheep that walk around in groups. It's an easy place to get lost. At one side there is a dense forest know as the Forest of Calling. On the other side you will arrive at a lake where there is a huge water fall that holds a hidden cavern behind it. On the two remaining sides opposite each other are roads leading to towns.

The place earned the title "Freedom" in it because of a small magical war that happened hundreds of years ago. The opposing sides signed a treaty and stopped the fighting, dropping their weapons and freeing any captives each side had.

Situation: Julie had been caught up in an event where a very wealthy man was robbed by robbers. Julie happened to be passing by his mansion with groceries when no one was around. The man had spotted her and automatically assumed that she was the thief and that her grocery bags were filled with his treasure without hearing her reasoning. Now he has put up a large ransom for her head. Bounty hunters and maybe even the odd adventurer have now tried to capture her. After a few days of running, she managed to make it to the Forest of Calling and lose her pursuer. Well, that's what she thought. Julie is now headed for the Fields of Freedom with her pursuer who she is unaware about following her.

Alright, when you post up your character I'll start the first post.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#2 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

http://www.knightly-...read.php?t=1510 (Last one on the list)

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#3 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

The sun shone brightly into the forest floor through the tree tops of the Forest of Calling. A soft breeze made manage to make the leaves budge a little and move the warm streams of light that hit the ground. Quietly one or two birds chirped and sung their songs to make the forest feel peaceful instead of deadly silent. It would be ideal place to retreat to if you wished to rel-

"Damn it!" Quickly a blue blur flew from tree branch to tree branch, quietly whispering to itself every time she slowed down or hit her arm on something. It had a young womans voice, not to young sounding but not to matured either. Soon, the path it took started to look brighter up ahead. She could see her destination between a few tree trunks. Almost there!

In one quick motion, the blur jumped through the trunks and flew up high into the sky. It stopped when it was high enough and stretched out, making itself more visible enough to not be seen as a blur. It was a girl. She had the appearance of a 16 year old and nice brown hair that was a nice blue colour at tips. The feature that was the most eye catching was her magnificent blue wings. The girl smiled and flapped her wings to keep her high in the air as she checked to see if anyone had followed her through the forest. So far she had not been chased.

She flew away and landed ten meters away from the forest on an empty field. The girl inhaled the fresh air she could smell at her destination. The Fields of Freedom.

"That was a close one Julie, you need to be more careful" she mumbled to herself as the grass hit her ankles softly as they blew in the wind.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#4 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

Umar watched his target through the trees. He flipped open the contract, careful not to let the parchment make any sound.

As instructed, you are to eliminate Julie Sunburst by any means necessary. The Black Sacrament has been performed - somebody wants this poor fool dead.

We've already received payment for the contract. Failure is not an option.

-Astrid

Wonder who this poor wretch pissed off... Umar folded up the note, putting it in his pocket. He then got out a wicked looking bow and pulled an arrow out of his quiver. He leaned the bow against the tree trunk, taking out a bottle of poison and popping off the cap. He dipped the arrow in the poison before replacing the cap and putting it up. He picked up his bow and readied the arrow, aiming at Julie. The poison was his own special brew; it would not kill the target, just paralyze her for a couple hours so Umar could have some fun. He had a sinister reputation around his sanctuary for playing with his food. His old friend Arnbjorn said that one day, playing with a target would get him killed. It hasn't happened yet, though. So Umar decided not to worry about it. He took aim at his target's leg, then let the arrow fly. If it hit, Julie would more than likely be crippled by the arrow in her leg before the poison finally takes effect. If Julie managed to get out of the way, Umar would try to find another hiding spot before attempting a second shot.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#5 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Julie stood there and took in the nice scenery. She enjoyed the peace, the silence and most of all, the privacy. She looked to her left and saw a flower not to far away. She walked towards it and bent down to pick it up until she heard a sound. She could see some air wiz past her as while whatever caused that action made a quick hissing sound. Julie stood up straight and looked behind her. In the ground only a few centimeters away from her was an arrow stuck onto the ground. Looking down at her jeans, the calf muscle area of the right leg sleeve for her jeans had a rip.

"....Aw come on! Can't you idiots give me a break?" she yelled out and spread her wings out. Julie then flapped them and flew high up into the sky. She looked down at the trees and waited for the next shot. Running was no longer and option for Julie. She knew that she had to stamp out her problem here or she would be chased again.

Not wasting time, Julie chanted a spell. "Pyrehaiaghi" she spoke her spell and fire surrounded her fist. If an arrow was fire at her, she would fly up and send the fire around her fist rushing down to where the arrow had been fired. If the attacker dodged her attack, the area were her stood would have a burned patch. If it hit, the attacker would only be dealt enough damage to cause light burns on their torso that would heal with a little ointment. Any clothing would've been burned.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#6 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Umar held his breath; a miss. "For Sithis's sake." He cursed under his breath, repeating the process with the arrow before slowly making his way behind Julie. He readied the arrow, this time, aiming at her shoulder. He let the arrow fly one last time. That was when Julie flew up, the arrow missing her completely. "Damn it!" Umar shouted, jumping back, the fire singeing the ground in front of him. He put up his bow and took his dagger out of his belt, rolling to a new hiding spot. Screw the arrows... He thought, looking up at her. He sneaked out of the hiding spot, out of her line of vision. He stood up straight and scowled. "FUS..." Umar said the first word of his Unrelenting Force Shout; Fus. Or "Force" in the human tongue. Julie would have a second, no more, to attack him and do some damage before he completed the Shout. "RO DAH!!!" If Julie had attacked him, she might be hit by the Shout if she didn't move in time. She also had the option to flee and attempt to get out of Umar's line of sight. In that case, Umar would try to hit her with the Shout anyway. If she was hit with the Shout, the force would send her flying through through the air at least fifteen feet or until she hits something.

- Christopher Hitchens

#7 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Julie moved her head, listening and waiting for the next attack. Then, she heard a shout. Julie looked to where it had come from and started her chant. "Pyreha-" before Julie could complete saying her chant her attacker had finished his spell. A force hit her hard and sent her tumbling backwards in mid air. As she tumbled she tried to stop and straighten herself up as well as her wings, she failed miserably though. Julie fell down to the field beneath her and bounced on the ground once when contact was made.

"Sommfabisch" she mumbled as she lifted her face up from the ground. She climbed to her feet slowly and coughed a little as she started to feel a little winded from her fall. Julie looked back to the trees and glared at them before flying up again.

"Terrahaimutdy" she half shouted as she spread her hands and arms out to her side. Two hard large clumps of solid ground flew up beside her while she looked at the trees. If another attack was sent to her, she would fly up high to try and dodge it and thrust her arm forward to throw one of the large clumps at the source of the attack. If her attacker showed his face and attacked, Julie would throw both the clumps one after the other at her attacker. If he showed his face and did nothing, Julie would get ready to attack at the first sign of hostility.

Edited by The Dream, 30 January 2012 - 12:03 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#8 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Umar smirked; he hit her. "Now, I suppose I should introduce myself." He mumbled before stepping out in her view. This was the part where he played with her. "Hello. My name is Umar Darkblade. Someone wishes you dead and I am here to carry out the deed." He spread his arms. All I know is that you're not the most popular person in this land." Umar brought his arms back in and flipped his dagger, Ek, around. "But fear not. Soon you will serve Sithis in the Void... oh, how I envy you." He smirked at her magic. "Oh, so you're a mage, hm?" In truth, he was stalling for time. He needed to wait just a bit longer before he could Shout again.

- Christopher Hitchens

#9 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Julie looked at her attacker. He was... talking to her? She rose her eyebrow and looked at the man, wondering if he was just being formal or if he was up to something. Reluctantly, she spoke back but stayed alert. She was ready to fly and dodge any strange attack sent to her. "Yes, you could say that. I'm a master of elemental magic....." Julie paused as she studied the man before carrying on. "I do not want to kill you... but if I must to ensure my survival then I will" she spoke out to the man and looked at his dagger.

The moment the man would send out his next attack was the moment Julie would do her best to avoid the attack. While she would do that, Julie would send the clumps of the ground she had after the man, on after the other in case the first one missed.

Edited by The Dream, 30 January 2012 - 12:03 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#10 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

Umar smirked. "Oh, I know, darling." He crossed his arms. "And be sure to understand that i'm going to kill you or die trying." Umar felt it. The power rising in his throat. He was ready for another shout. "Well, enough of that." He straightened up. "To the business at hand, right?" His smirk grew. "Catch." He threw his dagger at her, the point aimed right at her chest. If she responded by throwing a clump of earth at him, as he planned, he would use his Unrelenting Force Shout to blast it away. If she threw the second clump as well, Umar would dodge as best he could, but would end up getting hit in the leg.

- Christopher Hitchens

#11 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

Julie widener her eyes and quickly flew up to avoid the dagger thrown at her. At the same time she threw her clumps after Umar one at a time like she planned to. She watched as one was destroyed by a shout, but felt some sensation of relief when he got hit in the leg by the other. She kept her distance and frowned at the man. Fighting was the only way she was gonna get this done.

Julie placed her hand to her mouth and imagined that she could breathe fire with her next chant. "Pyrehaiaghi!" she yelled loudly and removed her hand but kept her mouth shut. Then, the moment she opened her mouth, she breathed out fire like a dragon. The stream of fire was long enough to Umar's area. She aimed the flames at him and also spread the flames two meters to his left and right before the streamed finished. The only way he could've dodged was by running back or forward or if he countered her flames with some inflammable liquid.

Once that was over Julie chanted a spell again but only with a speaking. "Pyrehaiaghi!" she said with her arms spread out while her hands were shaped as if they were holding orbs. Two balls of fire the size of baseballs appeared in her hands and she threw one at Umar. It wasn't too fast and there was a great chance he would dodge it. If he didn't then his skin would only lightly be burned.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#12 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

Umar rolled to the side to dodge the attacks. "Stop playing around!" He shouted, running over and sliding, picking up his dagger as he passed it. He stood up and took out a bottle of his special paralysis poison. He tossed the bottle up and slashed his dagger through it. The bottle was broken and the blade was coated in the poison. "Time to get serious..." He chuckled darkly and waited for a few seconds. He was ready to Shout again. "Interesting fire breath you had there. My turn." He smiled. "YOL..." He said the first word of his Fire Breath Shout. "TOOR SHUL!!!" Fire came out of his mouth as he said the last word. At first, Julie would only feel a blast of warm air. It would feel good, almost comforting. But if she got caught up in the good feeling of the warm air, she would be hit by the flame trailing behind it. She would catch on fire and would have to "Stop Drop and Roll" to put it out. It was obvious that Umar wasn't playing around. He wanted to just get in, get out, and get paid. One could see that he was beginning to get worried. It looked like this one wasn't going to just roll over and die like his other targets.

- Christopher Hitchens

#13 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

Julie widened her eyes as Umar sent a large trail of flames at her with his mouth. She wasted not time in flying to her right to avoid the attack. Julie had not desire to be as crispy as a potato chip when the battle was over. She didn't escape unscathed though. Julie looked to her left leg and saw that it was on fire. Shit!. Julie threw her last fire ball blindly in Umars direction and quickly shouted her next spell. "Terrahaimutdy!" she spoke a little louder than usual and made two clumps of ground fly up from the ground. She quickly made them break up enough to fit her leg before she clamped her leg with the clumps to put out the fire. It didn't crush her leg because the smaller amounts of clumps weren't as dangerous as what they were when they were large.

Julie made the clumps of mud separate from her leg and fall to the ground beneath her. There was nothing left of the left sleeve of her pants and her left shoe was terribly burned. Her leg itself had first degree burns than made Julie cringe at the stinging sensation. Having pants that only covers your pelvis area and right leg was totally what I had always wanted... Julie looked at Umar and glared at him. "So it's time to get serious eh? You're gonna regret wanting that"

Julie grinned and then brought her hands down at the bottom of her waist while she focused on the ground under Umar. "Aerohaihava!" she yelled as loud as she could and threw her arms up above her head. Umar would have no time to dodge as a strong force of air flew upwards under him and area around him, sending him flying into the air. "Pyrehaiaghi!" Julie yelled loudly as Umar flew up to be as high was she was. A large fireball only one feet and two inches smaller than Julie in diameter was created. She then brought it in front of her and made it create a large stream of fire half the size of the fireball fly quickly towards Umar.

Unless Umar managed to maneuver himself in the air somehow to dodge the attack, he would be burned severely. The damage would be more deadly than her previous fire attacks, burning any part of Umar enough to give it third degree burns.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#14 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:45 AM

Umar cursed, Julie fired a ball of fire at him. The ball hit Umar, burning him badly. He fell into the trees, landing on a branch. This was it; Umar's last chance to get her. He placed his bow on the branch, rigging an arrow to fire once the wire he rigged to it was cut. That was merely a diversion though. The real trap would be the dagger. The paralysis poison coated dagger. He reached up and tied the dagger to the branch above, trailing a wire down and creating a whole network of wires on the tree ad then he moved down to create a whole network of wires on the ground and in the air tied to other branches in case she flew to investigate the attack. If she tripped one of these wires, the branch would be free, swinging the dagger to meet the nearest area of Julie's body. If Umar's plan worked, he would have his target right where he wanted her. He moved over thirty yards to where he could see Julie and his trap, but she couldn't see him. "ZUL..." He prepared his Throw Voice Shout. "MEY GUT..." He whispered. Umar threw his voice to a small patch of land in the path of the arrow. Julie would hear Umar taunting her, drawing her to the area Umar needed her to be for the arrow to get her attention.

- Christopher Hitchens

#15 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Julie flew to the top of the trees, trying to spot Umar. Her search would be pointless though as the trees of the forest were too thick for her to see past. She was about to give up her search and dive straight into the forest until she heard a whispers. They were taunts coming from a certain area. Hm... he wants me over there eh? What if it's a trap?... I can't risk not going though. Julie cautiously flew over to the area and as she flew, she whispered a chant.

"Pyrehaiaghi" she whispered quietly, creating a small fire ball the size of a tennis ball floating just above the palm of her right hand. She flew swiftly flew down, but as she did, Julie tripped one of the wires that Umar had planted. Shit! It was a trap!. Julie growled and quickly flew to the side, the arrow her shot just slicing the top of her left arm. "That's i- Shit!" Julie yelled in pain as the poison coated dagger Umar had planted plunged into her right thigh.

Julie fell to the ground and grunted at the impact, her fire ball she had dropped to the ground and made a light charred mark on a tree branch before she hit the ground. Julie cursed under her breath and grabbed the knife, trying to pull it out. "Gah! First I my left left is burned and now a knife probably coated in poison gets throw into my right leg!" she grumbled as she slowly managed to try and pull out the knife fully. Julie was vulnerable but she had to get rid of the knife.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#16 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:17 AM

Yes! Got her! He smirked and went to retrieve his bow. Once he did, he took out an arrow and coated it with the same poison. He wanted to laugh as she tried to remove the dagger. Foolish. He specifically made the dagger so that it would pierce flesh easily, but rip everything up coming out. Even if she did manage to remove the dagger, the poison was already introduced into her bloodstream, and she would soon begin to feel it take effect. It would get harder and harder to move. She would begin to lose all control of her body until eventually, she would go completely limp; alive, but paralyzed. Able to feel everything Umar would decide to do to her. All Umar had to do was stay hidden until the poison got her in its grasp. He waited for just a little while longer, and then he shouted again. "RAAN..." He prepared Animal Allegiance. "MIR TAH!!!" Soon, animals from all over the forest; wolves, bears, and other dangerous creatures came out of the trees, surrounding Julie. Umar changed position, knowing that he couldn't afford to be discovered now. He aimed the poison arrow at Julie's torso and fired; this arrow had the same design as his blade; easy to enter, hard to get out. If it hit, Julie would also have to deal with getting the arrow out; though even if she did, the poison was still in her bloodstream. Umar frowned. She's a good fighter. Could have been one of us. Too bad. Such a waste. He shook his head, then moved yet again after firing the arrow.

Edited by Poppa Epic, 07 February 2012 - 04:23 AM.

- Christopher Hitchens

#17 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

Julie coughed and started to breath heavily. She gave up on the dagger, it was hard to get out. The pain of trying to rip the blade out was enough more painful that what it felt like when she was hit with it. Julie knew she had to stop wasting it time, she had to get out of there. She heard a shout and looked at the animals the surrounded her. Gah... Julie tried to get up and fly away but as she started to fly her wing was then hit by another arrow. Julie cursed and lay on her front on top of the ground.

She felt the grass under her hands, it's long yet soft blades softly brushed against her. She could smell the aromas of the forests flora around her. Julie knew she was going to die some day, she certainly didn't expect to die today but she knew she would die. She had no regrets. In fact, Julie was actually glad she got to die in such a peaceful place. If she was given the chance though, Julie wouldn't mind if the Fields of Freedom granted her freedom. Freedom from this misunderstanding and freedom from death.

"Huh.... all of this.... just because I ran down to the store one day..... just to buy some milk and bread....." Julie let out a sigh, accepting her death. Already she felt paralyzed which meant it wouldn't be long until she died, unless of course she was given an antidote, but Julie knew that wouldn't happen.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#18 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Umar put the bow on his back and put the arrow away. He walked over to Julie and knelt down next to her. He ripped the dagger out of her thigh and cleaned the blood off. There was a long silence between the two. Finally, Umar spoke. "...You fought... bravely. You would have made a wonderful assassin. Too bad things turned out like this. Too bad you didn't find us first." He knelt closer. "If I may ask, why were you running?"

- Christopher Hitchens

#19 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Julie grimaced at the pain as Umar pulled the dagger out of her leg. She then let out a dry cough that sounded like it was meant to be a laugh when he asked her why Julie was running. "Some stupid misunderstanding. I died for no reason that would change the world. Some rich guy thought I was a thief that stole his stuff when in reality, all that happened was that I was passing by the mansion when the crime happened after coming back from the store. No one would listen to me though, so I ran before I was killed.... huh.... guess I died anyway though... right?" Julie flashed a tiny grin as she flicked her eyes to Umar.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#20 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

"Yeah..." Umar mumbled, putting the dagger to her throat. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't cut her throat. He had done it dozens of times, why was now any different? He put the dagger away. Instead of killing her, he would try and recruit her. "No. I'm not going to kill you. Such talent, wasted... it makes me sick. How would you like to put that talent to good use... and earn some coin on the side, perhaps?" He put a hand on her cheek. "Join us. I'll take you to my mistress, Astrid. I will be chastised for letting you live, but once she sees what you managed to do to me, I think she will forget my transgressions." He smirked. "Not only will you be able to earn some money, but we can guarantee your safety from anyone that might seek to... bring you to justice. Now, if you're wondering what the catch is; it is this. you must live your life in service to our Dread Father, Sithis. You must also serve Astrid, our mistress. You will be free, Julie. Free. You will have a family that cares about you. One that will fight to the death to keep you safe. What do you say? May I call you sister?"

Edited by Poppa Epic, 10 February 2012 - 05:47 PM.

- Christopher Hitchens