96 replies to this topic

#41 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

"Will do" Julie looked at the coin purse Umar had given him and then nodded at the elf man that she hadn't paid much attention to. She left the inn a minute after Umar had and looked around the town she was in. Julie had at least four hours to herself to sort her things out. She didn't really have anything to do other than Umars task. She looked around for the General Goods Store and found it shortly after the start of her hunt.

She quickly entered the store and looked around at her surroundings before walking up to the counter.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#42 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

The shopkeeper looked up from the counter. "Hello. How can I help you?"

Umar went over to the smithy, completely skipping the grindstone and heading immediately over to the forge. There, he combined metals to create a blade as black as the night sky. He then took it over to the grindstone and sharpened it. Umar admired the sharpness of it. "Beautiful. You will taste much blood, my dear." He then forged a sheath out of leather and put the blade in it. He planned on this to be a present for Julie to commemorate her first kill.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#43 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Julie looked at the shop keeper and smiled. "Hi, uh Umar sent me to get some alchemy stuff" she said, briefly looking around the shop and then back at the shop keeper. Julie was told to buy quite a bit, she just hoped she would be able to carry it all. If she couldn't, she could always use a wind chant to carry the whole lot.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#44 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

The shopkeeper's scowl turned to a smile. "Oh, Umar." He opened up the cabinet behind him. "I take it he wants all of it?" He put the alchemical supplies into a leather bag and handed it to Julie. "That'll be 150 Septims, ma'am."

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#45 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Julie nodded when the shop keeper assumed that he wanted the whole lot. Hm.. I see he's popular then. She pulled out 150 Septims from the purse she had as he had asked her to. She placed them on the counter and took the bag. "Thanks" she took the leather bag and was starting to walk out of the store until she realized that she had plenty of time before Umar would need her. She decided that she would ask the shop keeper about Umar since she really didn't know much about the man herself.

"Uh hey, how do you know Umar?" she asked.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#46 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

The shopkeeper began washing the counter. "How do I know Umar? Well, this is the closest town to his home. Umar is quite the alchemist and this town really has no official alchemy shop, so Umar and I had an agreement; I stock extra alchemy supplies just for him, and he gives our small town some extra protection." He snapped his fingers. "Oh. Give Umar this." He tossed Julie a bottle and a piece of parchment. "That's the special potion he ordered and the ingredients for it."

- Christopher Hitchens

#47 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Julie nodded. Alright then, he enjoys his alchemy by the sounds of things. At least I won't have to worry too much about being poisoned and finding no way to heal myself because of that. She caught the bottle and parchment passed to her with a free hand and briefly glanced at them before giving the shop keeper a nod. "Sure, I'll give it to him" she walked out of the store and made her way back to the Inn to see if Umar had arrived back earlier.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#48 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:56 AM

Umar was sitting out on the inn's porch, admiring the blade he had created. It was forged from ebony, handle wrapped in crimson cloth, enchanted to absorb the lifeforce of anyone it cut. The blade was serrated like Umar's, but the serration was on the back instead of on the edge of the blade. The handle was hollow, opening up to reveal a place to hide poisons or anything else. When Umar saw Julie coming, he put the blade in his pack. "Back so soon?" He pat the arm of the chair net to him. "Care to join me?"

- Christopher Hitchens

#49 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

"Sure" Julie smiled at Umar and sat down in the chair next to him that he had offered. She held out her hand that held the bottle and parchment. "The store keeper said to give this to you. It was a potion that you had ordered" She held up the other bag with the alchemy items that Umar had asked her to by. In the same hand was also his money purse. "This is the stuff you told me to buy, there's some money left over" She would hold it out to Umar as soon as he would take the potion and parchment.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#50 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:20 AM

Umar took the potion, parchment, and supplies. "Thank you." He waved her off when she offered him the money. "Keep it, sister. As a thank you." He leaned back in his chair and looked at the parchment. "Huh... a pretty simple formula." He waited for the hours to pass. Eventually, the carriage came. Umar stood up. "There's our guide. Let's go, sister. We'll reach Bruma by morning."

- Christopher Hitchens

#51 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

Julie looked at Umar and smiled at the purse that contained the money that he said was a gift to her. She placed it into her pocket and sat there before slowly dozing off, taking a few short naps as the hours passed.

-----

Julie had just woken up from a nap when a carriage had arrived. The carriage that was going to kick start their journey. Their quest was going to finally start rolling. She looked up at Umar and nodded before getting up from her seat. She noticed that Umar had been calling her sister. She didn't have a problem with it, she just felt like that she had to call him brother. Something made Julie feel off about doing that, though. She just wasn't used to everything yet. She walked over to the carriage and stretched her wings out before tucking them back in.

"Might as well let them stretch a little, sounds like they won't be used for a while" she mumbled to herself before looking back at Umar and smiling. "Off we go then?"

Edited by The Dream, 09 March 2012 - 04:26 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#52 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Umar smiled back at Julie. "Off we go." He got in the carriage and got inside a huge crate that had plenty of room for two people. Umar moved over as far as he could to give Julie plenty of room.

- Christopher Hitchens

#53 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

Julie looked at the crate they had to huddle in and questioned Umars choice of travel. After at least a minutes staring at it, she shrugged it off and climbed into the space Umar had given her. It wasn't too bad when she got in, which made her feel less.... weird about it. Julie looked around at the space around them before looking out the crate. She assumed someone was going to close it. She turned to Umar and brought her knees to her chest while she sat against one of the walls of the crate.

"So, we're gonna travel in this thing? Is it for our safety or do you just like traveling in crates?" Julie chuckled as she looked around the crate again before setting her golden orange eyes on Umar.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#54 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

Umar chuckled as well. "If the Penitus Oculatus are indeed looking for us, they will likely check every carriage that leaves Skyrim. That's why we'll be..." Julie and Umar would soon see other things being packed in the carriage Soon, a wall of furs separated them. "...traveling like this." Once the crate was packed full of these furs and hides, the crate was sealed and Julie would feel the carriage begin to move. If someone were to open the crate, it would just look like it was packed with furs. They wouldn't even suspect someone was in there. Umar spoke through the wall of fur. "When we get to Bruma, we will visit the castle. Stay close, speak to no one. Until we get to Black Marsh, we will not be safe. Once we are on the road, I will finish your initiation into the Dark Brotherhood, sister." Julie wouldn't hear Umar speak for a few seconds. "Until then, feel free to get some sleep. We have a long trip ahead of us and we'll need our rest." If Julie tried to speak to Umar a couple minutes after that, he won't respond. He was already asleep on the other side of the wall. If Julie went to sleep, she would likely awaken when the carriage stopped suddenly. She would hear people talking outside. The voices became faster, angrier, then she would hear two screams. One of the voices said something. It must have been funny, because it caused the others outside to laugh. The voices got closer. If Julie tried speaking to Umar, he would shush her. Now, the voices were close enough where Julie would be able to make out what they were saying.
"I can't believe it. Not a single Septim on either one of the old coots."
"Look on the bright side Rajar, we have their cargo. The way they were talking, it seems very valuable." A thump would be heard. One of the men pat the crate.
"Well, let's open it up and see." A few seconds later, they would hear a cracking noise. The crate was opened. Luckily, the furs hid them from the bandits.
"Furs, Rajar! And a lot of them.These will fetch a nice price at the market. Bring the carriage over." A group of voices moved farther away. Julie would then hear a gargling noise and the furs would move. Umar had killed the bandit that stayed behind and dragged him into the crate. He would then speak to Julie. "Get out." Umar got out of the crate, careful not to let any of the furs fall out. He moved behind the carriage. HE waited for Julie.

- Christopher Hitchens

#55 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

"Ok" Julie spoke from the other side of the wall of fur. She quiet like the feeling of the fur, it kept her warm. Umar said that she should feel free to sleep and she wasn't going to protest. She made shifted a little here and there until she felt cozy and then finally she slowly dozed off.

-------

Julie had not expected to wake up by having her head bang against the crate wall. They had stopped suddenly, making Julie question whether they were there or not. She could hear voices which made her looked to Umar puzzlingly. "Whats-" she was quietened shortly after she tried to speak. Something was up and when the voice were clear enough to hear, she widened her eyes. They had been ambushed by bandits.

It was too long after she heard the voices that a cracking sound was heard. The crate had been opened and the bandits left. A weird sound was heard after that and Julie then felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders when she finally heard Umar speak. She did as she was told. Quickly she climbed out of the crate with great care about how little the noise was that she would make. She looked around and then back at the crate. There were no other bandits close by so it was obvious Umar must've dealt with them. It explained the strange sound she heard.

Hastily she moved out of the carriage and walked over to Umar, staying behind him. "So much for an easy right to Bruma" she whispered a softly as she could so that she would not alert anyone around.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#56 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

In a couple minutes, the bandits returned. "Hey... where'd he go?"
"Look around for him. He couldn't have gotten far." Umar drew his dagger, waiting for one of the bandits to pass by. When he did, Umar dragged him down, stabbed him in the throat, and rolled him under the carriage. Umar slid Julie a small iron dagger so she could take out the bandits quickly and silently. A cat-like bandit was getting ready to pass Julie. If she didn't react quick enough, the bandit would spot her and alert the others.

- Christopher Hitchens

#57 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

Julie grabbed the knife quickly and looked around. She didn't notice that there was a bandit around her until she turned around. She wasn't in its view yet which gave Julie thew perfect moment to strike. Something was wrong though, Julie was hesitant, her hand was shaking. She had never actually killed a person before. Animals yes, but humans or other creatures that acted like humans, no. She had to do it though. Quickly Julie grabbed the bandit and put her around it mouth and head so it couldn't call out. She dragged it back behind the carriage quickly and held her dagger high.

No! What are you doing! You're not like this!..... But then this is the monster you have agreed to become. It's either kill or be killed...

Instantly after her thoughts rushed into her head and disappeared in a second Julie brought the dagger down and made it plunge into the bandits neck at a horizontal angle. She ripped it right around to give the bandit and instant death. She rolled the body under the carriage as Umar did before dropping her dagger and staring at her hands. They were covered in blood. She wanted to cry, this was not her. Julie was not a cold blooded killer. Her hands shook and she swallowed to hold back her tears. She picked up her dagger again. He kill was a little messy but who could blame her for that? It was the first time she had killed a person. She would clean herself later, for now she looked at Umar who's existence she had forgotten in that moment.

She said nothing, but hoped that she would see some fear that she had in her eyes. Not fear for the situation but fear for the monster she was afraid of becoming. She wasn't trying to tell him that she wanted to pull out, no she was just hoping he would see that she was a little scared at the moment. So much had happened within twenty four hours, Julie had still not fully realized what was going on until she did what she did. Julie looked away and tightened the grip on her dagger. She was going to have to kill more, not because she wanted to, but because she had to. She couldn't sit around and cry. If she wanted to she would have to wait.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#58 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Umar looked at Julie and noticed her fear. "Don't go weak on me, sister." Umar had his assassin personality now. His voice was cold and hard. After a couple seconds, he realized how harsh his voice sounded. "...The first time is always the hardest. I'll... i'll buy you something to eat when we get to Bruma. How does that sound?" He would hesitate, then place a hand on her back. He really wasn't one for giving comfort, but he'd make an exception this time. They had managed to kill all of the bandits. They got out alive. "Well, you made your first kill." He hated having to say what he had to; "But to sign your soul to Sithis, you have to take the life of an innocent person in his name." He stood up. "Let's go. We wasted too much time." He walked over to the carriage. "Damn... they killed the horses."

- Christopher Hitchens

#59 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:16 AM

Julie froze when Umar said that she had to kill an innocent to sign her soul to Sithis, or to be more clear, join the brotherhood. She started to breathe a little deeper for a moment, thinking about who she might have to kill. Why she had to kill them. Julie suspected that it wasn't any good reason, the person was to be innocent which meant that she wasn't going to help rid the world of evil. No, she was going to the evil one. She will rid the world of the good and replace it with the sinister thing she will become. A monster.

She snapped out of her thoughts and vaguely remembered Umar speaking about the horses being kill. She walk over to the front of the carriage to see for herself. Looking at the poor animals laying dead on the ground was a saddening sight. Julie knelt on her knee and looked at the animals. "Well this is just great..." she mumbled as she climbed back up to her feet.

She looked over to Umar and sighed. "What now? Do we walk on foot? Look for a town for another form of transport? What?" Julie asked him questions about their next course of action. She wanted to know quickly so that no one came by and saw the unfortunate scene.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#60 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

"We'll have to walk on foot." Umar walked up to the side of the road and found a sign. This was the first time he had a chance to look at their surroundings. There was snow all around. Mountains came up on each side of the pass they were on. There was little vegetation and it was very cold. The wind blow hard, whistling. A blizzard was brewing. "Good news, we're in Cyrodill. Not far from Bruma." The sign had four posts on it. but the one that Umar was interested in said "Bruma - 2 Miles" He walked back over to Julie. The cold didn't bother him much. "We need to get moving. He went back to the carriage and picked up his and Julie's packs. He tossed her hers. "Let's go." He then began the short walk to Bruma.

- Christopher Hitchens