#1 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

I've been asked to re-start (again =.=) Keywarts. Or Akranes Academy. Considering that the last two times died from lack of interest apparently in:

1. Talking to other characters

and then

2. Fighting a massive flying dragon-type heartless

I'm not too sure where to go with yet another reboot.
I can definitely throw together a decent enough plot if I actually get some... you know... participation.

I know there's already a decent enough fanbase of my Akranes that joined before and would likely join again. What I'm curious in is what people would want to
do in it.

Would you rather be full fledges keyblade masters? Would you rather be students just learning the basics of the Keyblade? Would you rather fight countless heartless? Would you rather fight giant boss tier heartless? Do you want canon characters to appear?

Currently I was drawing from my old KHI version of the Kingdom Hearts universe. Because of that, things were rather limited and restricted with elements and magick and dark/light hearts and all that. I'd still likely draw from that and introduce late game ideas into this roleplay.

The basic premise I am thinking about is as follows:

You start as a keyblader of the western continent. During the time this opens, there are rumors of keybladers ravaging towns, slaying people left and right. Because of such, the keyblade is something that is being feared. Keyblade wielders are being hunted down and executed by paid and loyal sellswords.

Raeneth Diachi
and his haphazard fledgling group of the Order of the Western Sky is attempting to gather these persecuted keybladers and grant them sanctuary.

Events transpire and cause the Order to then take the keybladers and ferry them to Disney Castle to the south east where they will begin their pursuit of the Cornerstone of Light, which had been stolen by the Organization of Shadows for as yet undisclosed reasons.

Now. I can completely remove the Organization of Shadows from the story, and begin it where Raeneth is leading these fledgling keybladers to try to uncover the cause of the incident in the west that started the problems.

Or, the players can be members recruited to the Order of the Western Sky, and they would be full on Keyblade Masters. Their mission would be much the same, and there would be a lot of really interesting places to investigate and enemies to overcome.

So yeah. Akranes Academy is either going to return in a different way, or we can go into a much different and perhaps more exciting plot line.

I'm curious as to what prospective joiners would agree upon. As I look at it now, the templates would likely shake out as thus:

Name:

Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Height/Weight/Build:
Keyblade: [allowing original ones within strict guidelines if Masters, same list as AA if younglings)
Favored Element (if applicable):
Constitution: (Light/Dark. This is NOT Good/Evil.)
Magick List:
Ability List:
Clothing/Attire:
Personality:
Brief Biography:

YET ANOTHER idea I had was that in one idea of a reboot of the KHI Inferno (before there was none) was having a ton of different keyblade types. This is gonna sound dumb, but listen up:

Keyblades, Keyspears, Keystaves, etc.

Basically any sort of weaponry... only in Keyform. It allows a lot more customization and specialization than current.

Another idea for Keyblades was to organize them into being Heavy, Light, and Medium for Strength, Magic, and Balanced users.

As you can see, I have a lot of ideas for these sorts of roleplays to allow for more customization and freedom of character creation and story stylings. Most of this would be based in my mind's KHI Inferno world.

So, with that, I open this up for discussion as to what everyone would want. I have a general idea for a storyline that can finish with a bout against my big baddy and his team that I think only Iggy knows about. I think he'd agree that if we could get that far, it would be pretty spiffy.

So.... with all that said, discuss.

Also note I probably wouldn't start this until Shimmering Sphere is finished.

Edited by Valor, 30 January 2012 - 01:47 PM.

147.png

#2 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Don't let idiots join >_>; I'm down tho, bro. Like don't let people who flake out join. Really think your gonna need to be strict on this. >_>; I personally had fun in the first one. >__>;

#3 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Not only has this role play been ruined once, BUT TWICE. Why is this time different?

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

Same thing happened with H&V, but they gave us CoM. And its going strong. Pretty strong, actually. If something like that results from this, I'm all up for it. O:

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

I've mentioned in my long tl;dr post that it's been turned to crap twice before. With the new influx of role players perhaps we can breathe new life into this.

Besides, I'm trying to take this in different directions than before and inject more life into it. See what people want out of the role play and try to deliver it more to keep it alive.

I think before everyone was too underpowered where they weren't having fun. So, I offered a list of proposed changes to see what people would like to see.

The idea is to try and take this idea that everyone seemed to like in theory, but failed in execution, and make it more fun and engaging than it was before.

Don't let idiots join >_>; I'm down tho, bro. Like don't let people who flake out join. Really think your gonna need to be strict on this. >_>; I personally had fun in the first one. >__>;

I'm not going to restrict joinage based on that sort of thing. We'll just have similar rules to CoM/SS/Jellytoast for inactivity. No biggie.

Not only has this role play been ruined once, BUT TWICE. Why is this time different?

I'm trying to make it different by changing up the formula a bit to allow for more freedom and seeing what people want out of this.

Same thing happened with H&V, but they gave us CoM. And its going strong. Pretty strong, actually. If something like that results from this, I'm all up for it. O:

The issue is that I know stories I would want to tell and have people involved in telling, but I don't know what type of person you all would be interested in controlling. Someone who is actually good at fighting? Fledglings? Which kind of storyline intrigues you more? What would you want to see? That sort of input before I decide one way or the other if I'll do this or not.

Edited by Valor, 30 January 2012 - 05:16 PM.

147.png

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

Since no one else cares enough to respond with helpful comments.

1. YES to the KHInferno ideas. Please. Big baddy and his friends are pretty much the awesomest bunch of villains ever. I would very much enjoy fighting the OoS for the Cornerstone and all that, since I absolutely, utterly ADORED the KHInferno story. You know, the stuff these non-staffers knew nothing about.

2. NO to different Keyweaponry. I honestly never liked that idea. If others want it, cool. I'll be sticking to a generic Keyblade if that goes down. I just worry that stuff like "Keyarrows" and "Keyspears" would only be "Key" in name. :\ No thanks on that, bro. Aside from that, people will need to design original weapons to use, and that's just ASKING for ridiculousness.

3. I would prefer it if we were starting off as more... novice-advanced Keybladers, like Knight level (if you remember your old system at all, which I'm sure you do.) or the level right below. Give us the ability to be proficient fighters, while not being as ridiculously omnipotent as Raeneth or Aliya.

4. I said I disliked the idea of different Keyweaponry, but I was always a fan of three different classes of Keyblades. It might be a cool idea to go through the list of Keyblades in KH currently and divide them up, getting at least 10 per category and having each of us choose one of those weapons, based upon a sort of "class" that we are. Mage characters would need to use Light weapons, warrior characters would carry Heavy, while someone who strikes a 50-50 split of warrior/mage (like a red mage or so) would go for the Medium ones. That way you can't have a mage running off to battle with Fenrir in his hand, for example.

5. PS. If you want to do Big Baddy, you need the OoS, don't you? He's not nearly as cool without them.

6. I don't think it needs to be said that I would join this in a heartbeat, regardless the direction it takes.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:51 PM

Since no one else cares enough to respond with helpful comments.

ty ;-;

1. YES to the KHInferno ideas. Please. Big baddy and his friends are pretty much the awesomest bunch of villains ever. I would very much enjoy fighting the OoS for the Cornerstone and all that, since I absolutely, utterly ADORED the KHInferno story. You know, the stuff these non-staffers knew nothing about.

I really do want to explore... how... exactly they would think, feel, and act. It would be a really enjoyable writing exercise. If this is made, they ARE the definite antagonists.

2. NO to different Keyweaponry. I honestly never liked that idea. If others want it, cool. I'll be sticking to a generic Keyblade if that goes down. I just worry that stuff like "Keyarrows" and "Keyspears" would only be "Key" in name. :\ No thanks on that, bro. Aside from that, people will need to design original weapons to use, and that's just ASKING for ridiculousness.

I'd probably limit it to currentferno keyweaponry. Excluding tomes and stuff. Guns don't make sense, etc. Even Keybows don't make sense. It would have to be a list that I make up and dictate how they would work. They'd be minor permutations on keyblades, mostly. I'm not a huge fan of the idea either, but you can't say it isn't fun to think about ridiculous possibilities of keyweapons.

3. I would prefer it if we were starting off as more... novice-advanced Keybladers, like Knight level (if you remember your old system at all, which I'm sure you do.) or the level right below. Give us the ability to be proficient fighters, while not being as ridiculously omnipotent as Raeneth or Aliya.

This makes sense. Like a happy medium. Of course I remember :D

http://khinferno.wik...#Ranks_of_Users

for all those who are interested. Knights and Mastered are separated mostly by the ability to call forth a unique Keyblade. Until then, your heart manifests the keyblade in a form most fitting to your personality, as a "replica" of a previously manifested keyblade. So every keyblade in canon would have been someone's unique keyblade at some point in time. It is added to the collective when that user has passed on.

4. I said I disliked the idea of different Keyweaponry, but I was always a fan of three different classes of Keyblades. It might be a cool idea to go through the list of Keyblades in KH currently and divide them up, getting at least 10 per category and having each of us choose one of those weapons, based upon a sort of "class" that we are. Mage characters would need to use Light weapons, warrior characters would carry Heavy, while someone who strikes a 50-50 split of warrior/mage (like a red mage or so) would go for the Medium ones. That way you can't have a mage running off to battle with Fenrir in his hand, for example.

I'd definitely do this.

5. PS. If you want to do Big Baddy, you need the OoS, don't you? He's not nearly as cool without them.

Though he isn't nearly as awesome without the OoS, I could run it without the OoS in a sense. They can still operate like the OoS, but they can be in their true forms. Same goals, not as extreme, but basically the tipping point. It's hard to be vauge about it, but OoS could be seen as antagonists, where I could spin them to be allies instead. I think if you thought on the matter you'd get where I'm going.

6. I don't think it needs to be said that I would join this in a heartbeat, regardless the direction it takes.

Yeah, joining isn't an issue since I know there's decent enough interest in this from previous incarnations. That said, I'm definitely departing from the idea of Akranes Academy, since it was always a dead end and something the Hero of KHInferno was only going to be passing through. I didn't ever have a clear goal for them outside of "train users to become apprentices and then knights".

This new format will likely be more interesting.

It's a story I really do want to explore, so I would like to get it done.

#8 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

I pretty much agree with Iggy. I have just one thing to add though. Like for a third option between Mage and Melee and then just "in-between", could there be some sort of Ranged? Not necessarily a bow, but maybe some lighter forms of the Keyblade that would shoot out non-elemental stuff, sort of like in Wisdom Form, but more suited to the Ranged approach? I just kind of think the current Mage-Melee spectrum is too limiting, and a Ranged addition would double the options available to people.

#9 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

I pretty much agree with Iggy. I have just one thing to add though. Like for a third option between Mage and Melee and then just "in-between", could there be some sort of Ranged? Not necessarily a bow, but maybe some lighter forms of the Keyblade that would shoot out non-elemental stuff, sort of like in Wisdom Form, but more suited to the Ranged approach? I just kind of think the current Mage-Melee spectrum is too limiting, and a Ranged addition would double the options available to people.

I would agree to this. It would be kind of cool for a swing of the blade to fire off elemental projectiles. Or even just blasts of light/dark/non elemental energy.

147.png

#10 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

I'd get back into it. T'was a lot of fun. Didn't really like my character, though. So i'm probably going to change that.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#11 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Shall we just start making of a list of the type of RPs I'll decide not to back, then?

I figured this could be one that's interesting to give a shot. If it goes through, it'll be another one I look out for and probably quickly join.

Also, makes no difference to me if we're apprentices/knights/etc. I think mayhap everyone being Knights would be best, but personal opinion is personal.

(Also, KHInferno? YES PLEASE.)

Edited by Dexel, 30 January 2012 - 10:13 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#12 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Since I am lazy I used Igshar's post as a template. Here we go.

1. YES to the KHInferno ideas. Please. Big bad guy and his pals are pretty much the awesomestest bunch of villains everest. I would very much enjoy enjoying of the fighting the OoS for the Cornerstone and all that, since I absolutely, utterly very ADORED the KHInferno story. You know, the stuff these non-staffers knew nothing about. Yeah, I hate being in the dark.

2. NO to different Keyweaponry. I honestly never liked that idea. If others want it, cool. I'll be sticking to a generic Keyblade if that goes down. I just worry that stuff like "Keyarrows" and "Keyspears" would only be "Key" in name. :\ No thanks on that, bro. Aside from that, people will need to design original weapons to use, and that's just ASKING for ridiculousness. But, also Terra and stuff could morph their keyblade to other key weaponry, so maybe that's an ability but not the standard form.

3. I would prefer it if we were starting off as more... novice-advanced Keybladers, like Knight level (if you remember your old system at all, which I'm sure you do.) or the level right below. Give us the ability to be proficient fighters, while not being as ridiculously omnipotent as Raeneth or Aliya. Starting from scratch is boring while being all out master is almost powerplaying. Not to mention if you look at our favorite video games we see that most start at where the action is to draw us in. Consider FF7, 8, and 9. FF8 is at school, but he's had a year or so training or whatever. FF7 and FF9 start at very exciting events. Try to take advantage of those ideas.

4. While I dislike people being stronger than others, balance isn't a natural thing. If you wish to use it to make things more strategic, then do. But I would like a more Tactics role to classes. 3 is way too few, we can do better than that. Maybe those start as your base classes and you build from there but if we do classes I want more than 3. 3 Base classes is great though, ya. Good.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

The three base classes would be very open, though, imo. It's just the three basic ideas of how you can use the Keyblade. You'd either be more focused on your physical offense (Terra), your magical offense (Aqua), or something that's a nice mix in-between (Ventus). While Ventus isn't as physically strong as Terra and not as Magically powerful as Aqua, he has good ability on both sides of the fence. From there, you would be able to then say that your character specializes in being a physical, ranged fighter. Strike Raid is a thing, guys, and BBS gave us very interesting and creative ways to adapt it to your own style. Beyond that, the idea Soro suggested to make a ranged fighter would be really neat, too, being able to shoot off Light/Dark/non-elemental projectiles from a Keyblade to hit at a distance, though I see that as more of a basic magic spell rather than a physical attack. That's just me.

But the bottom line is that less classes is MUCH better than more. It allows more flexibility and creativity with your character to allow them to be specialized and unique. Saying that you'd have to choose from a set of pre-determined classes of Keyblade Wielder would be meh to me. It would cripple creativity and make it so that, say, I want to be a lithe, quick guy with a shorter Keyblade who is mostly proficient with magic. Where would that fit in any of the Tactics job classes? :\

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

I'd give this some actual thought process before implementing it, but length/style of keyblade would not directly correlate to your fighting style. Mages may want longer lighter keyblades to keep foes at arm's reach instead of having a long/heavy keyblade like Terra which can cleave through tons of shit with no problem.

As for range, yeah. Strike Raid could exist, but it's also painfully slow if you're being surrounded and your main attribute is accuracy or whathave you. Strike Raid physical ranged, Wisdom Form esc bolts of magic for a "physical attack" for a ranged mage.

I haven't really sat down to plot out how it would function in the roleplay yet, because I really want to focus on finishing Shimmering Sphere first and stop cluttering the graveyard with unfinished Role Plays. Plus its pay off should be kind of cool.

147.png