• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Summonerbrandon

Summonerbrandon

Page

• Page
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:46 AM

What do you have to say on the Zelda games? What is your favorite part? What about Ganandorf? Everything here is all about Link and your favorite games.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 21 June 2010 - 09:31 PM.

Posted Image

Ladies soothes men souls.

#2 Reasonable Doubt

Reasonable Doubt

Page

• Page
  • 152 posts
  • Touch My Body

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:48 AM

I'm playing Spirit Tracks right now.

Here is one opinion
http://theslackerz.com/Comics/115.jpg

My other one is that it is kind challenging sometimes.

Because Igshar 

#3 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:28 PM

Just finished Spirit Tracks not too long ago. Pretty underwhelming in my opinion. I know most people say they didn't like Phantom Hourglass, but I actually liked it a lot better than Spirit Tracks.

I'm really excited for the new one that's coming out on the Wii (supposedly) this year. It seems a lot in the style of Twilight Princess, another game in the series I enjoyed which not many other people seemed to like.

Mt favorite Legend of Zelda game currently out right now is probably The Wind Waker, possibly tied with Majora's Mask. I just feel it captured the perfect atmosphere for the game, and while it was a bit tedious at one point, it was enjoyable all the way through.

#4 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:43 PM

Wind Waker was good, but the constant sailing got boring after a while.

I've played almost every Legend of Zelda game that's been released. (Except for Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass) Yes, I'm a bit of a fanboy when it comes to LoZ. My favorite is not Ocarina of Time. I'd say it's Majora's Mask. Why? Because of the variety of things you can do in the game. Like collecting all masks inside the game as well as looking for the fairies everywhere and writing things down into the Bombers' Notebook meaning you'd have to socialize with just about everyone. Besides that, the boss battles were epic also. They had you doing a lot more rather than just going around slashing bosses with swords, blowing them up, or shooting them with arrows. Sometimes you had to take a different approach and use the masks given. Oh and the soundtrack was pure gold. (OoT's soundtrack is equal with this one)

Ocarina of Time is second because of the overall excellency in the game. I love it. Water Temple was awesome also since it made me want to rip the hairs off of my head a few times trying to look for that hidden key down below. lol
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#5 Alustar

Alustar

Page

• Page
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

Ill agree on the Wind Waker, I loved the concept but the endless half hour sails pissed me off so much. I would have liked a power boat you know. A fast ride. and when the wind was gong your way, you had to play the wind song or what ever, I didn't like it much. My most favorite of all time has to be Ocarina of time, second would be Twilight Princess.

#6 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:54 PM

Of the ones I have and the ones I have played I'd have to say that my favorite would be Twilight Princess. Not much beats the ability to turn into a kick butt wolf at a moments notice.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#7 Rockojoe2

Rockojoe2

Page

• Page
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:11 PM

Favorite part? EASY!!

WATER TEMPLE!!

... not :( I had nightmares about the Water Temple....

I would have to say Ocarina of Time was my favorite though, first Zelda game I played, challenging as hell, and beautiful graphics for the N64. Also I still need to beat Majora's Mask.... game creeped the hell out of me at some parts....

#8 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

I still don't understand why people hate the Water Temple so much. Granted, the switching between boots is a bit annoying, but overall I found the dungeon quite enjoyable.

#9 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

Wind Waker is easily my favorite Zelda game so far, Twilight Princess taking a close second. Both of them have beautiful graphics, epic boss fights, and a killer story. Plus, Wind Waker was the first LoZ game I ever beat. Favorite fight was probably Molgera.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#10 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

I still don't understand why people hate the Water Temple so much. Granted, the switching between boots is a bit annoying, but overall I found the dungeon quite enjoyable.

The puzzles inside of the temple probably made people frustrated? I don't know. Water Temple is my favorite temple because of how difficult it is.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#11 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

I've played every LoZ game since Ocarina of Time. My favorite LoZ game would definitely have to be The Wind Waker. The Deku Leaf is one of my favorite items throughout the entire series. Oh, and I LOVE Twilight Princess as well, simply because of Wolf Link and Midna was so damn awesome.

I can't wait for Skyward Sword. And I wish they'd make another game with cel-shaded graphics like Wind Waker.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#12 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

I can't wait for Skyward Sword. And I wish they'd make another game with cel-shaded graphics like Wind Waker.

I'm actually really liking the style of Skyward Sword. Though I agree, the style of Wind Waker was very charming.

I'm very interested in the story that Skyward Sword will have.

Spoiler

The gameplay, from what I've seen, looks absolutely amazing. I'm excited that they integrated the WiiMotion+. Should definitely make for some interesting battles and puzzles. Even the small additions (the ability to run/sprint, jumping up to small cliffs instead of having to climb, being able to run while using a potion) are very welcome and appreciated.

#13 jaesunwin

jaesunwin

Page

• Page
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:53 PM

Favorite part? EASY!!

WATER TEMPLE!!

... not :( I had nightmares about the Water Temple....

I would have to say Ocarina of Time was my favorite though, first Zelda game I played, challenging as hell, and beautiful graphics for the N64. Also I still need to beat Majora's Mask.... game creeped the hell out of me at some parts....

Ocarina of Time was the absolute best zelda game. i was sorta expecting more from twilight princess but eh.

#14 Darkness of White

Darkness of White

Page

• Page
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:40 PM

Because my parents decided that they would buy the PS2, I have only played 2 LoZ games, Link to the Past and Twilight Princess, because my parents got a Wii this xmas. However, I do love the series. and I'm looking foward to Skyward Sword.

I'm also hoping with all my heart that there is FINALLY a clear paring of Link and Zelda sometime soon. There was in the cartoon, but that's not exactly cannon, and "Well excuse me, Princess" gets quite old extremely fast.
Posted Image

#15 Larksan

Larksan

Page

• Page
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

My gosh. I didn think i would fine this thread.
I have play all the zelda game out there <3 and my favorite one has to be OoT.
I know that game inside out and know where everything is.
I dont know if there is a zelda game in second place but two of them close to each other are MM and TP :3
But still i havent ran in to any zelda game i didnt like
Can't wait for skyward sword~<3

(CDi doesnt count they are a disgrace)

Posted Image

'nuff said.

#16 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

(CDi doesnt count they are a disgrace)

I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!

The only one I haven't played is Four Swords because you need to have more than one player to be able to play it. ._.

#17 Larksan

Larksan

Page

• Page
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:33 PM

The only one I haven't played is Four Swords because you need to have more than one player to be able to play it. ._.

O.o no you dont. If you get the game cube version you dont see to have more the 2 players. it can just be you :>
Posted Image

'nuff said.

#18 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

The GameCube version (Four Swords Adventures) and the GBA version (Four Swords) are two different games.

New gameplay vid for Skyward Sword, from GDC:

daoOSfetFiI

Edited by Artemis, 02 March 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#19 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

Do we have a date for Skyward Sword at all? It looks pretty damn nice especially since they're keeping a lot of what worked in Twilight Princess. Also, anyone interested in that OoT remake on the 3ds? I kind of want a 3ds just for that game >___> I never played it.

147.png

#20 Larksan

Larksan

Page

• Page
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

The GameCube version (Four Swords Adventures) and the GBA version (Four Swords) are two different games.

daoOSfetFiI

Kinda >_> It's just the same thing except in the GC version you control all four links and the GBA you need real peeps ._.

Skyward Sword. What.

Oh and I also wanna get Oot for the 3ds :o
I have like 4 versions of it already x.x

Posted Image

'nuff said.