#21 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

No official date, but definitely this year, I think.

Skyward Sword is looking to be quite spectacular. The developers have said they've fixed a lot of things that were wrong with Twilight Princess, such as the horrible overworld (empty).

One thing that I wanted to bring up was that in the GDC trailer, at around :50, it zooms in on a mysterious character. If you've been keeping up with Skyward Sword, you'll know that Link's partner in this game is the spirit of the Skyward Sword, which will eventually become the Master Sword. The character in the trailer also shares many design similarities with the Gilded Sword from Majora's Mask. This is interesting in itself, but I think it could mean something more than the character being the Gilded Sword. I think it would be interesting if Skyward Sword were heavily connected to Majora's Mask, and would explain the origin of Termina, and possibly of Majora. In fact, around :32-:33 there is a figure that somewhat resembles the Skull Kid. Just something to speculate on.

And I believe Ocarina of Time 3D is slated for June? So that's looking good.

And Four Swords has different bosses and a "different" story than Four Swords Adventures, Larksan. ._.

#22 Larksan

Larksan

Page

• Page
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:27 PM

And Four Swords has different bosses and a "different" story than Four Swords Adventures, Larksan. ._.

I know >_>
I was in a rush to even thing about it D:
but I've played both games :I
and now that I think about it O.o yes they are different.

The developers have said they've fixed a lot of things that were wrong with Twilight Princess, such as the horrible overworld (empty).

That is something i did not like about TP x.x
It was Empty! like srly but im glad they are fixing that :I

In fact, around :32-:33 there is a figure that somewhat resembles the Skull Kid. Just something to speculate on.

Holy poo >< I see it! It does resemble Skull kid :o

Posted Image

'nuff said.

#23 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:36 PM

XuCXrryVJZ8

So pretty ;-;

#24 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

XuCXrryVJZ8

So pretty ;-;

It just has to be in another language... -_-

At 0:25, there is a Master Quest option, so does that mean it is going to be unlocked automatically? Or did this group happen to beat the game already?

1:02, the ocarina looks to be much easier to use, especially with the fact you can just switch screens to look at the songs.

1:25, Epona running glitch? Hope they fix that in the full game. Hyrule field looks as deserted as before, or even more so.

3:08, The menu looks much more clattered, but it also looks much more appealing, especially with the appearance being shown on the top screen.

4:04, The entrance stairwell is supposed to be the other way. Reminds me of the difference between LoZ:TP on Gamecube and Wii.

So far, the graphics don't look vastly improved, but they do look satisfying. I couldn't help but notice that some of the character animations are the same as well, but maybe that will be changed in the full game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#25 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:32 PM

They were playing Master Quest, which is inverted horizontally, just like Twilight Princess. The normal game is the same as the original.

I think anyone who says it's not that much of an improvement has just forgotten what N64 OoT looked like. Because it looks way better. Maybe not as good as it could be, but still way better.

#26 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:01 PM

They were playing Master Quest, which is inverted horizontally, just like Twilight Princess. The normal game is the same as the original.

I think anyone who says it's not that much of an improvement has just forgotten what N64 OoT looked like. Because it looks way better. Maybe not as good as it could be, but still way better.

I never said they were bad, just not vastly improved. I actually have OoT on my Wii, thanks to the Virtual Console. The thing that bothers me the most is how the animations are almost exactly like how they were on the N64 version, example being the two guys in the center of Kakariko Village, the ones who look like they are talking and laughing. The background of the Temple of Time's exterior looks pretty similar to that of the N64's version.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#27 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

I never said they were bad, just not vastly improved.

I didn't say you said it looks bad. I said you think it's not much of an improvement. And I think you're wrong.

#28 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:32 PM

I didn't say you said it looks bad. I said you think it's not much of an improvement. And I think you're wrong.

Just because it is more rounded and there are a couple more details doesn't make it vastly improved. Add some more varied animations and then I'll be impressed.

Edited by qster, 30 May 2011 - 06:36 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#29 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

http://www.escapistm...sible-Zelda-MMO

Discuss.

147.png

#30 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

FML.

I don't even know how it would work out? Puzzle solving? Pvping? Questing? My gosh don't do anything innovative Nintendo!

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#31 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

Since Capcom is going for the MMO crown with Dragon's Dogma, I guess Nintendo wants in on the action as well. The only thing I hope for is easy-to-use online play and no pay-to-play, if possible. If there would be lag involved with no pay-to-play, then I'd chip in a couple extra dollars for a Zelda MMO. Multiple Links anyone?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#32 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

KG8WNWJlZow

#33 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

Looks amazing to me, except the beginning reminds me a lot of TP. Then again, that's kind of how it always starts off. Plus, that girl looks like Zelda, so maybe this is technically a prequel to all of the past games. Think about it. First Zelda, Link, the shape of the Master Sword being similar to that "girl". The one question I have is who is that guy in the ending? The antagonist of the game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#34 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Plus, that girl looks like Zelda,

Yep.

so maybe this is technically a prequel to all of the past games. Think about it. First Zelda, Link, the shape of the Master Sword being similar to that "girl".

Old news.

#35 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:29 PM

I never said it was new news, just making observations that felt kind of proper. Anyway, seems like Ganon/Ganondorf isn't going to be the villain this time around. Wonder what this new villain's intentions are and what he wants with "Zelda", since it is obvious that a tornado swiping the future princess of Hyrule isn't a coincidence. Does the triforce exist in this sky world as well?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#36 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

You'd said it as if we didn't already know it's a prequel. :v

I really hope that Ganon(dorf) isn't in the game, and it obviously wouldn't make sense for him to be in it, but knowing Nintendo...

Well, seeing as how the Triforce is on Link's shield, I'd say yes.

#37 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Bird Flying Minigame

Boss Battle Gameplay- Ghirahim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIkN40yiuzw&feature=channel_video_title Swordfight Gameplay

So far, Skyward Sword looks absolutely stunning. The aesthetic was really well chosen, not only being realistic, but cartoon-like and colorful at the same time. Animations look pretty well done as well.

The controls also look pretty responsive for the most part, but the player in all of the videos didn't really do any justice to show this off. Plus, as you can see by the second video, that guy in the trailer has been named. Ghirahim seems like he has potential to be the next Ganondorf or Vaati. Too bad there isn't any voice-overs for the characters. That would absolutely work with him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#38 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

Bird Flying Minigame

Boss Battle Gameplay- Ghirahim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIkN40yiuzw&feature=channel_video_title Swordfight Gameplay

So far, Skyward Sword looks absolutely stunning. The aesthetic was really well chosen, not only being realistic, but cartoon-like and colorful at the same time. Animations look pretty well done as well.

The controls also look pretty responsive for the most part, but the player in all of the videos didn't really do any justice to show this off. Plus, as you can see by the second video, that guy in the trailer has been named. Ghirahim seems like he has potential to be the next Ganondorf or Vaati. Too bad there isn't any voice-overs for the characters. That would absolutely work with him.

not only being realistic

realistic

What. How does that look realistic at all?

#39 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:29 PM

What. How does that look realistic at all?

Sorry, I meant detailed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#40 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:37 AM

Oh, by the way, Link's Awakening DX is on the 3DS Virtual Console for $5.99 and Four Swords will be on the eShop for free in September. :I