#61 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

I've also read reports on IGN that Skyward Sword is supposed to clock in at 50-100 hours lolwut?

147.png

#62 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

That is quite a large range.

Also,

StXfwq4GU3g

Edited by Sodomize-it Soro, 13 September 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#63 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Skyward Sword has a fully orchestrated soundtrack

Posted Image

Oh, also:
Left-handed mode confirmed for Skyward Sword

Edited by Sodomize-it Soro, 06 October 2011 - 07:59 PM.

#64 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Posted Image

Here’s a breakdown of what’s in the book based on the table of contents:
Detailed Skyward Sword stuff broken into various sections: 67 pages
The World of Hyrule detailed in several sections including a timeline: 70 pages
Artwork for the individual games:
Legend of Zelda – 4 pages
Link’s Adventure & Link to the Past – 2 pages
Link’s Awakening – 1 page
Ocarina of Time – 6 pages
Majora’s Mask – 3 pages
Wind Waker – 10 pages
Oracle series – 6 pages
Twilight Princess – 32 pages
Phantom Hourglass – 4 pages
Spirit Tracks – 22 pages
The rest of the book contains an evolution of Link’s character designs over the years, a catalog of Zelda games, and some other extra stuff.

http://neogaf.com/fo...t=455628&page=1

response: HOLY WAT THEY'RE RELEASING AN OFFICIAL TIMELINE QWERTYUIOP[]ASDFGHJKL;'ZXCVBNM,./

#65 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

Oh My Gosh. I really want a copy.

147.png

#66 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

It'll be really interesting to see this new timeline and how Skyward Sword fits in with everything. I need this book! D:
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#67 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:34 AM

According to someone who has the book in Japan, the official Timeline is as follows:

-----------------WW-PH-ST [A]
----------------/
SS-MC-FS-OoT-MM-TP-FSA [B]
----------------\
-----------------LttP-OoX*-LA-LoZ-AoL [C]

where A is the timeline in which Adult Link defeated Ganondorf

B is the timeline where Link has been sent back to his childhood to prevent the events of OoT from occuring

and C is a timeline where Link failed to defeat Ganondorf in OoT

http://kotaku.com/58...-zelda-timeline

*denotes both OoA and OoS

I don't understand why they decided it was necessary to put part C in a separate timeline, as it fits in perfectly fine after part B, and I'm really not sure why there would be a split for a situation in which Link fails in OoT but not one for any other game, but I digress.

I'm taking this with a grain of salt until I see other sources confirming it.

Edited by Sodomize-it Soro, 21 December 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#68 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:37 AM

It's weird that Adult Link winnrar leads to Wind Waker/Cartoon Link series. Link from MM =/= Link from TP, right?

Diverging timeline makes a bit of sense. I really should try and play OoT since it's the linchpin that holds the series together.

147.png

#69 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:41 AM

Wind Waker coming off of the adult timeline actually makes sense, since Zelda sends him back to his childhood in that ending, effectively removing him from that timeline, leading up to the prologue of Wind Waker.

And yes, MM Link is different from TP Link (but OoT Link and MM Link are the same).

#70 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

Wind Waker coming off of the adult timeline actually makes sense, since Zelda sends him back to his childhood in that ending, effectively removing him from that timeline, leading up to the prologue of Wind Waker.

And yes, MM Link is different from TP Link (but OoT Link and MM Link are the same).

That would also mean that OoT Link = WW Link. Weird. Strangely, it does all make sense to me in a way. A Link to the Past must happen like... way after the events of OoT.

147.png

#71 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

No, OoT Link =/= WW Link. In the ending of OoT (Adult Timeline / Timeline A), Zelda sends Link back to his childhood (Child Timeline / Timeline B). Link is now gone from Timeline A altogether; neither Link nor the spirit of the Hero currently reside in Timeline A. WW Link is a completely new Link, who is completely separate from all the other Links; he essentially begins the line anew.

In Timeline B, Link has just arrived back from Timeline A, where he still remembers everything that happened in OoT. However, instead of repeating his actions, he warns Zelda, and these events instead lead into MM. Link still resides in this timeline, as well as the spirit of the Hero.

#72 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

oh alright. Like I said, I haven't played OoT or MM (I'm a bad person ;-;) but I do love Zelda lore, so I'm pretty interested in it. >_> Sorry for the stupid questions, dear. What you said lines up a bit more with my prior understandings.

147.png

#73 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

Well, here's a scan of the book officially confirming the timeline:

Spoiler

Along with an explanation (which is allegedly actually in the book as well):

The Failed Timeline is created when Link first pulls the sword from the Pedestal of Time. That effectively removes him from his current timeline. There, in an alternate timeline, the Knights of Hyrule manage to defeat Ganondorf and seal him away to a different realm. He eventually dominates it because he possesses the full Triforce, and the Sacred Realm becomes the Dark Realm, which leads into LttP.

I had been thinking about this ever since the timeline was revealed, and, in my opinion, the split would have made more sense if it were caused by the time(s) Link had to go back in time in OoT after he was already an adult, i.e. when he had to get the Lens of Truth (though that may not be canon) and when he had to visit and complete part of the Spirit Temple as a child. Either way works, assuming that Link is actually taken out of the timeline and then later placed back in when he pulls up the Master Sword, so yeah.

#74 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

But how is it possible that the Hyrulean Knights could defeat Ganondorf and seal him away if he had the triforce ever since Link pulled the sword from the Pedestal of Time? Wouldn't that have made him the Evil King right then and there, and then he would just destroy everybody and everything? It doesn't make any sense to me :I
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#75 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

Today Nintendo announced in its Nintendo Direct that it would be making an HD remake of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker for Wii U. Not much else was revealed, but it was said to be released by this Fall.

http://kotaku.com/59...waker-for-wii-u

This is also a way to bridge the gap between Skyward Sword and the new Wii U Zelda game, which was briefly discussed as well. Again, not much was revealed except that the developers are re-imagining the series conventions such as the linearity of dungeons and playing by oneself.

#76 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I need a Wii U now. Windwaker HD is a must have on my list. D:

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#77 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Wait so does that mean new Zelda will be in the Wind Waker timeline x-x?

147.png

#78 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

That's not what I meant by "bridge the gap," but it shouldn't be ruled out. It would make more sense, then, that they would completely remake the models and textures of Wind Waker if they planned to do a sequel to it and re-use the resources. I recall the developers saying they had relegated the Wind Waker sequels to handhelds, but it would be nice to see the style return to a home console. The Wind Waker timeline is also the most sparse of the three, including only WW and the direct sequels, so it would be nice to see more of a continuation in that regard. Though, Ganondorf/Ganon and the Master Sword no longer exist in Hyrule in the Wind Waker timeline, and many fans might expect a return of Ganondorf in the next major title Zelda.

Basically, no concrete details have been released.

#79 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

That's not what I meant by "bridge the gap," but it shouldn't be ruled out. It would make more sense, then, that they would completely remake the models and textures of Wind Waker if they planned to do a sequel to it and re-use the resources. I recall the developers saying they had relegated the Wind Waker sequels to handhelds, but it would be nice to see the style return to a home console. The Wind Waker timeline is also the most sparse of the three, including only WW and the direct sequels, so it would be nice to see more of a continuation in that regard. Though, Ganondorf/Ganon and the Master Sword no longer exist in Hyrule in the Wind Waker timeline, and many fans might expect a return of Ganondorf in the next major title Zelda.

Basically, no concrete details have been released.

I wrote up that post real quick, but I'll elaborate:

I would like there to be another title in the Wind Waker line because of that group I have only played Phantom Hourglass (loved it) and I really liked the idea of Wind Waker/Train one a lot. I think it's a really fun and interesting world compared to the slightly more... stoic and traditional other line.

I did think that's what you meant by bridge the gap, but I see what you're saying now. WW is important, I feel, but this is likely only happening because they may be working on more games in that line. Playing a multi-player Zelda (like Four Swords and those) with the Wii U is just... Come on. You freaking HAVE TO. it's begging for it! You can't really do the same in the other verse Zelda games (i guess?) as easily.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the next Zelda game is gonna be and what timeline it'll be set in.

147.png

#80 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

How has this not been bumped to life sooner? There have been a few new bits of info, Hyrule Historia in the US, and most importantly a trailer AND some gameplay for Zelda U, which I highly recommend checking out. However, not all the news I have is good, as not only has Zelda U been (expectedly) pushed back out of 2015 (It was set for December anyway, does it really matter that much?), but it will not even be featured at E3 this year. 

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman