• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Basically, the idea is like that behind Stranded. A Lost inspired RP that will be run by yours truly.

The basic premise is the same. A number of people wake up on a beach because of some unforeseen accident and then proceed to attempt to make their way off it. But as always, some sort of complications hinder their plans of escape.

Flashback scenes and whatnot were proposed but I feel that if each person were to weave their own story into the RP, it would quickly descend into a spiral of novel writing. So those are out. Character development and references to character Bios are encouraged. Characters that eventually learn to trust and hate each other are also encouraged.

The basic layout would be as follows:

Name:
Appearance:
Profession (before crash. not required to have one)
Biography:

Feedback guys. I have a plot brewing in my head already, but I don't want to give significant details since it's not final.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Yeah, this sounds a lot like Stranded, which went over pretty well before it got a little out of hand and I had to pull the plug. I think I'd be interested in trying this out from a player's perspective instead of the guy who is running it.

And yeah. No flashbacks. No one wants to read that kind of stuff.

147.png

#3 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

I would really love to do a Lost rp before I die, so with that said I feel it would make the story somewhat interesting if we start off at the airport, airplane then the island or whatever. I think A back story would only drive the story forward, a back story of maybe each person knowing or seeing each other at some point in their life, making it so that they were on the island for a reason.

Maybe the flashback's wouldn't work but whatever, as long as it's planned out and what not.

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

I liked Stranded's template and the idea of less is more. I almost think the Bio section should just not be included, allowing for a more organic and "go with the flow" sort of feel. I would actually suggest copying the template from Stranded almost exactly, since it REALLY worked for what the RP was intended to be, with it being able to drop in and out relatively easily, with character death not being something so... forbidden, I suppose you could say.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#5 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

So I had this idea. Like I was saying, we start off at the airport, get our tickets, possibly bump into each other. Then we get on the airplane but instead we each assign seats so that we sit next to somebody in the rp. For an example Val's character and Ig's character sit together, Mine and Dion's, that way we can talk and maybe get to know each character before the airplane goes nuts.

Just a thought.

#6 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

I like that, actually. I'm also thinking of making separate groups on the island. Like the "Tail section" group and the Middle Section group etc. Make it a bit more like Lost. We're gonna need a few more people for that, though. At least 6, I'm thinking.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#7 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Okay. Here's the New and Improved Sign Up template:

Name:

Skill Set: You are allowed 2 passive skills that go along with your occupation. IE a Police Officer may have an accuracy skill as well as a hand to hand to hand combat skill and so on. You are allowed another additional skill that does not necessarily have to be linked to your occupation. For instance, your Police Officer character may have a medical skill. Your additional skill is not as prominent as your passive skill, however. A doctor with a medical passive skill is a better medic than a Police Officer with an additional medical skill. I think you know what I mean.

Bio has been taken out to make things more interesting.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg