• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Alustar

Alustar

Page

• Page
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

Have any of you played any of the Super Smash Bros?

I remember the endless times me and my friends would go with the tournament with level 9 comps and max the players out and have it a all nighter lol it was fun.

Any memories you guys had?

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 12 February 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#2 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:59 PM

Never had N64, but I heard this game was pretty awesome if you have friends around.
You know, Wii basically follows the foot steps of N64 of making games that are suitable for playing with many players.

I think I remembered playing it with my friend. Mario, Wario, Link and pikachu and other Nintendo characters. But that's way back.

I love how N64 is a 64 Bit system, but it lacked many things that made it sink back.
You don't exist

#3 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

You know, Wii basically follows the foot steps of N64 of making games that are suitable for playing with many players.

You are incredibly adept at taking a discussion on one topic and completely avoiding commenting on it in any way whatsoever. Holy crap.

Anyway, I've only ever really played Brawl, since the Wii is the first console Nintendo system I've ever owned. >.>; My cousins had the 64, and I played some Melee there... I always played Kirby and whored out Down+B. Lawl. It was fun to become Monkey Kirby (Donkey Kong) just because he got all hairy. :>

In Brawl, though, I tend to play more with Ness or Pikachu. <3333 Ness' Side-smash.

WE SHOULD ORGANIZE A BRAWL TOURNAMENT.

WHO'S WITH ME!?

If there's enough interest in this, I'd totally be willing to hold it monthly or bi-monthly. <3

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#4 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

WHO'S WITH ME!?

If there's enough interest in this, I'd totally be willing to hold it monthly or bi-monthly. <3

I'm so in. Brawl code is 0989-2821-5429 (though I don't know how I remembered it o.o;)

Oh and yeah, I have all three SSB games currently. One on PJ64, one on GC and one on Wii. Favorite characters? Lucas, Pikachu, Kirby and Zero Suit Samus. Favorite Level? Uhh... I'd say Spear Pillar and Castle Siege as well as Sector Z and Lylat System Venom.
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#5 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

Shino, weren't you the one who said they wanted to start a Brawl tourney? I'd definitely be down for a tourney if one ever got up off the ground.

Favorite charrys? Definitely Ike, Link, Lucario, Ganondorf, and Sonic.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#6 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

I've played the Super Smash Bros. series too.I rented the first game but never owned it, then when the sequel Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Gamecube came out I rented it too then ultimately bought it.Then I got a Wii soon after it(the console) came out and bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl when it came out(I've got all the characters unlocked in it, but don't have everything else unlocked except the Masterpiece games), I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Brawl.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

"One must always plan a few moves ahead in battle." -Char Aznable

#7 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

I have the N64 version yet the Melee one I traded in along with my Gamecube last year, I recall. One of my favorite games I used to play as I kid. I remember when my brother was always Fox and I was Pikachu and I would get so angry when he did those backflips so I couldn't attack him. Ah, I feel nostalgic yet again today.

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

Must get Brawl. Don't have a Wii and it's been killing me to not get to play Brawl at all. ;-;

I've played the other two games. Beat both with every character and pretty much did everything possible. I'd play the game hours on end.. I missed a lot of school because of the two.

Not sure if a sequel for Brawl should be thought about just yet. I'd rather wait a good few more years. Brawl still has a lot left in it. People still play it and love it. No reason to bring in the next game of the series just yet.

#9 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

Not sure if a sequel for Brawl should be thought about just yet. I'd rather wait a good few more years. Brawl still has a lot left in it. People still play it and love it. No reason to bring in the next game of the series just yet.

I'm in full agreement with you on this one. I still play Brawl every other day or so with my brother and sister and we never really get tired of playing it. Though sometimes it is a toss up on who would win. (My sister wins most of the time :X)

#10 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

I wasn't saying a sequel to Brawl should be made right away, but rather sometime in the future.I read about a possible sequel soon after Brawl was released, basically it was saying that Masahiro Sakurai(the creator of the series) already has ideas for a sequel, like things he would like to put in that were not in Brawl.But whether or not a sequel to Brawl will be made remains to be seen, but I'm hoping someday a sequel will come.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

"One must always plan a few moves ahead in battle." -Char Aznable

#11 Jolteon

Jolteon

Page

• Page
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

Brawl tourny? Sounds fun, but it probably be hard to get off the ground... You'd have to add in the Time Zones and their difference... Then again it could be easy. I might join if I can get my Wii to hook up.

In regaurds the a Sequel... These games aren't so much as sequels, just more like updates... Now it's totally different story if you're talking about the Space Emmasary, then yes it would be considered a sequel to only the story mode. And I doubt that a New Smash bros. will come out soon... I'd give it another...3-4 years before we see another? Just a thought.
Posted Image Bedtime....

#12 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

You are incredibly adept at taking a discussion on one topic and completely avoiding commenting on it in any way whatsoever. Holy crap.

Anyway, I've only ever really played Brawl, since the Wii is the first console Nintendo system I've ever owned. >.>; My cousins had the 64, and I played some Melee there... I always played Kirby and whored out Down+B. Lawl. It was fun to become Monkey Kirby (Donkey Kong) just because he got all hairy. :>

In Brawl, though, I tend to play more with Ness or Pikachu. <3333 Ness' Side-smash.

WHO'S WITH ME!?

Yes. Do it.

I played the original all the time with my friend on his entindo64. Melee not so much but still some with people who had it. By then I loved the series and when we got a Wii I made sure to buy a copy of brawl. Plenty of memories of brawl since everyone was playing it when it came out.

#13 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:48 PM

I would definitely join a tournament if one were hosted. I'm a bit rusty though, I haven't played in a while...

#14 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

Brawl tourny? Sounds fun, but it probably be hard to get off the ground... You'd have to add in the Time Zones and their difference... Then again it could be easy. I might join if I can get my Wii to hook up.

In regaurds the a Sequel... These games aren't so much as sequels, just more like updates... Now it's totally different story if you're talking about the Space Emmasary, then yes it would be considered a sequel to only the story mode. And I doubt that a New Smash bros. will come out soon... I'd give it another...3-4 years before we see another? Just a thought.

>.> Judging from the fact they've not done 2 SSB games on one system yet, I'd say we gotta wait for a new Nintendo platform before we see a new one.

HOPEFULLY it comes out AFTER Golden Sun DS, so that Isaac (or Isaac's look-alike) can be a fully playable character instead of just an assist trophy. ;.;

I would definitely join a tournament if one were hosted. I'm a bit rusty though, I haven't played in a while...

Lol same here. I'd have to brush up on my skills and beat up a few CPU's to get back into fighting form before the tourney starts up.

There does seem to be enough interest in a tourney, so I'm gonna look into hosting one during my the first week of March. This'd be two weeks from now, soooo I'mma go set up a thread for it.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#15 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Damn. I just had to go and sell my Wii. -.-
Melee really was my favorite out of the series, Link was pretty beast.
Posted Image

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

#16 Summonerbrandon

Summonerbrandon

Page

• Page
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

I played the melee version and it was so fun, even though I only rent the game! I now have the Brawl version I love it! I will join the tournament soon. -___- The problem is that I don't have a cord that will allow me to get on the internet through the wii so please give me some time. I love Zelda so much. To me, Zelda comes in first, follow up by Peach, then Sheik.
Posted Image

Ladies soothes men souls.

#17 RetulAmora

RetulAmora

Page

• Page
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:47 PM

I've yet to play the newer smash bros but I have played the orignal. I gotta say it was one of my favorite games from nintendo. Logging hours into beating tournaments and trying to unlock all characters. It was great fun. I personally enjoyed playing as kirby the most though.
[Posted Image

Posted Image

On vacation

#18 Heart

Heart

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:33 PM

Im haz teh Brawlz nao! So if anyone wants to play sometime, I should be game :cool:
Posted Image

#19 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:02 PM

Im haz teh Brawlz nao! So if anyone wants to play sometime, I should be game :cool:

I'm game. Give me your brawl code. Mine's 0989-2821-5429

#20 Heart

Heart

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:51 PM

My friend code is 1119-3112-0406. I'm adding all in this and the tourny thread.

Edited by Heart, 28 April 2010 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image