• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

Oh, man. I remember when I played Super Smash Bros. for N64 with my sibling all the time. They'd always pick Fox and do some back-handspring thing that pissed me off so much because I couldn't hit them. I was a beast with Pikachu, though.

..I think I still have it.

#22 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:52 PM

I've played the original Super Smash Bros. for N64, had Melee, got my friend who used to not be a gamer through it, and currently have Brawl.

My best characters are:
Ike- +Power and speed -Direct character
Samus- +Direct or indirect character -Attacks have a "recoil" effect to them and take time to use.
Pokemon Trainer- +3-in-1, indirect or direct -Squirtle and Venasaur are a little on the weak side.
Snake- +Indirect character, strategic character -2nd Slowest human character, no guns.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#23 sorafinalform

sorafinalform

Page

• Page
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

I remember the first one u had it. Nes was like a god hahaha.

On melee it was all about nes Roy and young link I dominated that game with those two. I remember my friends had a tournament at their house and I won the whole thing with Roy. We did a full blown tournament with as many people as possible.(forgot the number) I was a beast.

Now its all about pit toon link and Lucas. I still like nes but Lucas.is a beast of his own caliber.

#24 Brol

Brol

Page

• Page
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:05 PM

brahhhh give me a gamecube controller and Kirby and I'll go Swift glitch Kirby on all of you!... and yea i agree i think there shud be a sequel to Brawl... out of all of them this one was pretty fun to play around with!

#25 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

brahhhh give me a gamecube controller and Kirby and I'll go Swift glitch Kirby on all of you!... and yea i agree i think there shud be a sequel to Brawl... out of all of them this one was pretty fun to play around with!

Hopefully there is a new SSB game in the works. Brawl was a whole bunch of fun. They should have taken out Marth and kept in Roy, IMO. And they should have kept Link's old appearance and controls.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#26 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

Hopefully there is a new SSB game in the works. Brawl was a whole bunch of fun. They should have taken out Marth and kept in Roy, IMO. And they should have kept Link's old appearance and controls.

Idk it would be nice to see a new SSB game but it could be possible that brawl was the last one. The tagline for the game was "The Brawl to end them all" but stranger things have happened. If there IS a new SSB game then we likely won't see it till the next Nintendo console comes out. I mean Nintendo has only published one SSB game per console based on the past trends.

#27 Brol

Brol

Page

• Page
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

I agree, Marth was just too much of a epic killer in the game and Link's controls was just annoying as hell... But like his appearance wasn't bad.. it was decently interesting.. Let's just HOPE there is another game and now im in the mood to play SSBB >_<... and dont have the game T_T

#28 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

ssb for 3ds would be a lot of fun. and with multiplayer? yes please

#29 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

ssb for 3ds would be a lot of fun. and with multiplayer? yes please

I'd picture it being something like Jump Ultimate Stars. If it looks like that then yes. Otherwise, a handheld Smash Bros. game would be awful. If they do make a new one I'd like Isaac, Lyndis, and Shadow to all be playable characters. Especially Lyndis.

#30 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

I think that if one does come out for the 3ds, it should use the 3d effect to it greatest heights, making the stages that you can fight on not just 2 dimensional anymore, like all of the previous platform games. I would also like to see how they incorporate the lack of buttons from the wii, or game cube, to the 6 that the ds has now.

#31 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

I think that if one does come out for the 3ds, it should use the 3d effect to it greatest heights, making the stages that you can fight on not just 2 dimensional anymore, like all of the previous platform games. I would also like to see how they incorporate the lack of buttons from the wii, or game cube, to the 6 that the ds has now.

If you mean like a 360 degree battlefield, then I would prefer not, since Smash Bros.' two dimensional plane is what makes some of the moves work.

Imagine this: You are playing as Samus and you fire off your Power Beam. Imagine how hard, compared to a two dimensional playing field, how hard it is going to be to hit your intended target. Honestly, I prefer a two dimensional playing field, since it, to me, makes it easier to land attacks.

Anyways, if this isn't what you were meaning by "not just 2 dimensional anymore", can you put it into further detail? Or do you mean putting in 3-D depth on the two dimensional playing field?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#32 TechnoWolf

TechnoWolf

Page

• Page
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

If you hold a tournament (or even for simple games) I'm ready to enter the contest too on Super Smash Bros Brawl

I believe my friend code appears in my signature
Xbox Live ID : XxAxleTheRedxX
Code Ami Wii : 4386 6737 5325 1609
PSN : N/A
PSP : N/A
DS/3DS : N/A

msn : [email=""]goreah@hotmail.fr[/email]

#33 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:32 PM

If you mean like a 360 degree battlefield, then I would prefer not, since Smash Bros.' two dimensional plane is what makes some of the moves work.

Imagine this: You are playing as Samus and you fire off your Power Beam. Imagine how hard, compared to a two dimensional playing field, how hard it is going to be to hit your intended target. Honestly, I prefer a two dimensional playing field, since it, to me, makes it easier to land attacks.

Anyways, if this isn't what you were meaning by "not just 2 dimensional anymore", can you put it into further detail? Or do you mean putting in 3-D depth on the two dimensional playing field?

What i mean by the 2-d as stated above is i wanna be like snake and hide behind objects or crawl under bushes and jump out and surprise enemies or people you're fighting. I can see where the 360 degree would be a problem for samus, but everyone who has a energy attack like that or just any attack in general can be compromised and rendered obsolete due to the fact that you can move out of the way.

#34 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

If you hold a tournament (or even for simple games) I'm ready to enter the contest too on Super Smash Bros Brawl

I believe my friend code appears in my signature

We actually tried this, and the turn out was abysmal. Coordinating different time zones and schedules just didn't work out. However if people show enough interest in another tournament, we could possibly try to hold another one.

Edited by Artemis, 07 January 2011 - 02:23 AM.

Posted Image

#35 TechnoWolf

TechnoWolf

Page

• Page
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 04:56 AM

Well this will rock, I'm sure !

anyway, I'm still up to make some simple match on the game if anybody wants to
Xbox Live ID : XxAxleTheRedxX
Code Ami Wii : 4386 6737 5325 1609
PSN : N/A
PSP : N/A
DS/3DS : N/A

msn : [email=""]goreah@hotmail.fr[/email]

#36 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

I can never connect my Wii to the Internet any good, and I have High Speed Internet... :/ Super Smash Bros. Brawl is one of my favourite games of all time, I'd love to participate in a tournament for it, but I don't think that the Wii is reliable enough for me to get a good connection for it, sadly.

I can always chat about it though, my main character is Charizard, and I'm pretty good with that character, I dare to say. :D

Posted Image

#37 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

I definitely think we should try to start up another tournament, but we should take the planning of it slow and serious.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#38 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

I definitely think we should try to start up another tournament, but we should take the planning of it slow and serious.

I agree. I'm down for another one though. Who else would join though? We need at least 8 people for it to be a real tournament.

#39 kratos

kratos

Page

• Page
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

I would gladly join, then you can see a real master of Ike and Lucario fights ;)
Spoiler

#40 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

Hm, Lucario just happens to be my secondary, and I am pretty good with him too. ^.^ He was actually my main for a while, until I realized the awesomeness of Charizard, and now that is my favourite Pokémon too, Lucario being my second favourite Pokémon. :tonguesmile:
Posted Image