#21 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:18 AM

oh man, countdown is so small now. I just gotta get through my composition class today somehow (I took this day as my mandatory co-op day because once Reach is in my xbox I'm never going to want to do work again) and then I'll at least have a fun Print Making and 3D graphics class to get through which should take me up until 7 pm. Then I need to kill three hours and head over to Gamestop with BBS in tow to pay off my Reach copy and wait until midnight :D sopumped.

147.png

#22 Zayin

Zayin

Page

• Page
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:20 PM

I'll be holding off on getting Reach, sadly. The internet that all my gaming stuff is hooked up to is down. So I'm stealing internet with my mom's laptop lol. And I don't have a Wireless Adapter for my Xbox. So, I'll probably rent Reach, and play the campaign for now lol. :C

#23 Vanitas

Vanitas

Page

• Page
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

Wooo XD
My brother pre-ordered the Halo: Reach Limited Edition for me as an early b-day present. So yesterday he went to the midnight release and got it. :D
I'm playing it right now and it....is...awsome XD
I's so pretty ;~;
I'm really enjoying it right now :3

君を好きだけじゃものたりない
あこがれだけじゃ埋めきれない
淋しさだけが 今日もリアルで
今、会いに行ったら泣いてしまう
Simply liking you won't satisfy me.
Simply admiring you won't satiate me.
Today, too, the only thing real is my loneliness.
If I go see you now, I'll surely end up crying

#24 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

The story of Reach is pretty emotional. I liked it quite a bit, but it's a sad send off for Bungie's last Halo game. A very good summation of the series. My brain is nothing but Halo right now.

147.png

#25 Vanitas

Vanitas

Page

• Page
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

Wait....theres not going to be another Halo game o-o????
What?! Why?! D:

君を好きだけじゃものたりない
あこがれだけじゃ埋めきれない
淋しさだけが 今日もリアルで
今、会いに行ったら泣いてしまう
Simply liking you won't satisfy me.
Simply admiring you won't satiate me.
Today, too, the only thing real is my loneliness.
If I go see you now, I'll surely end up crying

#26 Guest_gio~logist_*

Guest_gio~logist_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:35 AM

Halo Reach is awesome

#27 TechnoWolf

TechnoWolf

Page

• Page
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:42 AM

I've only played the 3rd Halo game (hadn't a Xbox before)

liked that game, a good FPS, but I'm not a big fan too. I think I'll ask Halo Reach for Christmas though, I'm curious about this game
Xbox Live ID : XxAxleTheRedxX
Code Ami Wii : 4386 6737 5325 1609
PSN : N/A
PSP : N/A
DS/3DS : N/A

msn : [email=""]goreah@hotmail.fr[/email]

#28 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

http://news.teamxbox...-Trilogy-Video/

Need I say more? Looks pretty epic already.

#29 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

I'm not really sure what to think just yet on the new trilogy. I'm all for more Halo but I don't know. As long as they keep improving themselves and don't try changing too much in terms of gameplay it should be alright.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#30 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Halo 4 looks moderately interesting, but this will be a major departure from everything Halo up until now. The universe of Halo basically really starts with the Covenant invasion. Most of the books deal with either the SPARTAN program or the war between humans and covies. With that war over and the Covenant destroyed, it'll be very interesting to see what they're going to do with the story from here.

Bungie had developed a "Halo Bible" with every bit of every story, character, everything in the Halo Universe. 343 is made of old Bungie employees including many people who first came up with Halo to begin with. The story could not be in better hands. I have to say it was super sweet seeing the Chief again, even if he was in very Mass Effect 2 like conditions aboard the ship. Really looking forward to more of this.

Also I'm merging this into the Official Halo thread <3

147.png

#31 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:56 PM

HALOOOOOOOOO FOOOOOOOOOOOOUR <333333333333333333333333333

You all know that I'm a HUGE Halo fan, so I definitely can't wait for Halo 4, and the remastered Halo 1.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#32 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

Halo Anniversary is launching at 40 bucks, which is definitely nice considering the shitty graphics and whatnot that this game appears to have.

147.png

#33 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

40 bucks? :/ I was hoping for something a bit cheaper then that really. Was thinking they might go pretty low for the fans and give us a nice present really.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#34 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:59 PM

40 bucks? :/ I was hoping for something a bit cheaper then that really. Was thinking they might go pretty low for the fans and give us a nice present really.

Halo 3: ODST was 60 dollars and was packing nearly no content outside of about a 10 hour campaign and the new firefight mode.

Halo Anniversary comes with remastered Halo CE Campaign which is a good 20+ hour ordeal if they didn't change the difficulty at all and kept it faithful, as well as 7 "new" maps for Halo Reach (whereas Map Packs tend to go for 10 bucks for three of them).

It's a really good deal.

147.png

#35 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Making Halo 4: First Look - YouTube

This video. This fucking video. 343 knows what they're doing. I know it's old, but it's still awesome.

Also, no Armor Lock in 4, and the BR will have recoil.

SHUT THE FRUCK UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 10 April 2012 - 12:43 PM.

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#36 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Yeah man. Best game ever.

>Random drop weapons in Multiplayer
>Customized loadouts
>See through walls Armor Ability

Worst game in the series if these things stand.

• Halo 4 is set in 2557 - four years, seven months and ten days since the FUD was split into two and the finale of the events of Halo 3.
  • True native 720p with FXAA
  • New HUD, features subtle paralla movement during athetic actions and additional visual cues indicating that you are actually wearing a helmet.
  • Chief, Cortana and other characters animated with the assistance of motion capture.
  • Cortana impending rampancy will be a critical theme as will be exploring Master Chief as a person.
  • Cortana has chosen a new visual identity whilst the Chief has been sleeping.
  • The Covenant, at least Elites and Grunts, return but are not the primary enemy.
  • The FUD eventually crash lands on Requiem, a planet enclosed in a massive Dyson Shell.
  • A new faction from Reqium is introduced. Like the Covenant they will have unique and different enemy types, weapons and equipment. "If anything, they're kind of elevated in terms of their intelligence and complexity relative to the Covenant."
  • Huge, alive environments - a piece of concept art depicts a floating air squid in a jungle setting.
  • The skybox is filled with massive pillars reaching down from above and the surrounding view is painted by the inside of the Dyson Shell.
  • Game is split between Campaign and Infinity - the new term of the entire multiplayer experience seperate from the Camapign.
  • Multiplier directly and in-directly ties into the Campaign.
  • Multiplayer features Spartan IV's - adult volenteers taken from the the best of special ops soliders, equippe with a new version of the Mjolnir armour (lightweight variation) and deployed onboard the UNSC Infinity.
  • The UNSC Infinity is the largest ship the UNSC has ever created. Over three kilmetres long, it was designed with cutting edge technology and features some additional technological enhancements provided by the study of Forerunner technology - including faster and more accurate slipspace travel.
  • The UNSC is deployed on a top scret mission into deep space but will cross paths with the Master Chief during the campaign.
  • The Spartan IV's onboard train in the Infinity's "combat deck" (think holodeck or Danger room). The deck and simulate any known environment and plays host the the multiplayer games players are familar with.
  • Firefight is absent and it is stated that there are no plans for it to return.
  • New Co-Op mode called Spartan Ops for up to four players in online Campaign-esque missions.
  • Spartan OPs introduces new movies sequences and missions on a weekly basis which tells the story of the UNSC Infinity's mission and battles the new Spartan IV's face.
  • Spartan Op missions are objective based and feature new content, events and locations each week. Spartan Ops missions also reward Spartan Points and feature selectable difficulty levels like Campaign.
  • Spartan Ops missions are not DLC, they are included in the overall Halo 4 package but it is unclear if the content is available on the disc or must be downloaded separately.
  • Weapons in the overal sandbox include Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, DMR, Assault Carbine, Covenant Carbine, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Magnum and Plasma Pistol. There are numerous unrevealed, new weapons.
Multiplayer Details:

• Loadouts are composed of a primary and secondary weapon, a grenade type, armour ability and modifications. It is unclear how the modification system works or what things it modifies or how.
  • Returning Armour Abilities include Hologram, Jet-Pack and Camo. A new ability to see through walls was shown and Sprint is now a baseline ability all players will have access to at all times.
  • FFA Variant, Regicide. Lead slayer is "King" - each of the King;s kills raises his "bounty". The bounty is claimed by whomever kills the King.
  • In Team Slayer (not confirmed for other gametypes), players can respawn instantly after death if they choose. Additionally, power weapons are introduced into a game on a random timer and appear at random drop points on the map.
  • Medals are turning including new medals for "revenge kills" and for causing a distraction.

Some good things.

Some horrible things that flat out break the gameplay of the series.

SUPER AWESOME CANNOT WAIT.

147.png

#37 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

It's actually been stated that the random weapon drop is not true.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - First Halo 4 GI information (Spartan OPs, multi, etc) [Update: Campaign/More Details]

The weapon drops are not "random." They are telegraphed and in some ways, predictable. There is variation, however. Map control will still be key, but yes, changed. Custom games will be heavily customizeable, and initial playlists will be clean and focused. Players will not be presented with stacksof lists, but there will be variety for different tastes.

Oh wait.....

#38 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

It's actually been stated that the random weapon drop is not true.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - First Halo 4 GI information (Spartan OPs, multi, etc) [Update: Campaign/More Details]

Weapon drops
are not
how Halo
has ever worked.

Halo multiplayer is about map control and weapon control. You can't control a power weapon when it can randomly be dropped on the opposite side of the map. That's garbage. If the Rockets didn't always spawn in the river on Powerhouse or the Sword wasn't always bottom blue side of Sword Base and instead randomly littered throughout the maps as they please you change up everything about how the game is played (not in a good way)

The weapon drops are not "random." They are telegraphed and in some ways, predictable. There is variation, however. Map control will still be key, but yes, changed.

This is a retarded statement, to be blunt. Variation and random chance or any sort of chance or luck element introduced into a traditionally competitive space is just wrong.

If they alternate between three spots on the map and the game randomly selects them, then I think that's bullshit. It's like playing Hot Potato in Action Sack on Hemorrage. Each team starts at a base. The Hog will spawn either near one base, the other, or the middle.

In 90% of the games I play it spawns at the opposite base every. Single. Time. That's not fair or balanced. That's bullshit. When your strategy in playing the game is to begin by compensating for being dealt a shitty hand then there's something inherently wrong. It's like people spawning red side on Sword Base. Most of the time a competent team in red will win the game because there are very few entrance points and you have easy access to Sniper, Shotgun, and Nade Launcher right off the bat while blue has access to the sword.

One of these is not like the other.

Still not a fan of power weapons not being in the exact same places every time you play a game. Predictability and control over these weapons is what makes Halo the game it is. Throwing that away changes everything.

147.png

#39 Riku-of-light

Riku-of-light

Page

• Page
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Super excited for the Halo 4 release, & another triology, just hoping that 343 can make the game series a little better.

#40 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

"Amazingly, Halo 4 is not only a success, but a bar-raising triumph for the entire first-person shooter genre."

"Halo 4 is a masterstroke everyone can and should celebrate, and its two guaranteed sequels instantly make the next-generation Xbox a must-own system, with Halo 5 its most anticipated title. Halo has been rebuilt. It has been redefined. And it has been reinvigorated. The Xbox’s original king has returned to his rightful place on the throne."

"Cortana once asked Master Chief what would happen if he missed his target, and in the single greatest line of dialogue in Halo history, Chief replied with the coolest, calmest confidence, "I won’t."

With Halo 4, he doesn't."

And that's all from the IGN review. 9.8/10

UGH, I NEED TO ROB A BANK SO I CAN GET THIS ON THE FIRST DAY. UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH.

lol they also said 343 "out-Bungie'd" Bungie. Whatever that means.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 01 November 2012 - 11:20 PM.

Oh wait.....