• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Since I'm learning how to render things, I decided to post some of my finished ones here. I'm learning this from scratch, so I'd appreciate any feedback of pointers. Everything is made in Art of Illusion. Requests and ideas for things to render are also appreciated.

Hourglass

Posted Image

Chaos Emerald

Posted Image

Edited by Artemis, 15 April 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Moonxz

Moonxz

Page

• Page
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

It looks like you know how to manipulate surfaces and you made that hourglass shape i presume, that's a good start for just starting.

If you want requests for rendering i would say stuff you want to do because that stuff comes easier and you work harder to make those kinds of things work. Besides those i would start off with blocky objects and move into smoother things.

Looking forward to more stuffs.

~Moonxz

#3 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

So I spent today between Calc and animating this model of a ring. Unfortunately, it seems to hang instead of looping nicely, and I don't feel like waiting another hour and a half to redo it.

(Image deleted. An updated version is in the next post.)

It's a very simple animation, but it was surprisingly simple to do. Expect more eventually.

Edited by Artemis, 28 July 2012 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

So after some more tweaking, I edited out the nasty hang up and made it float a little better. It's still a little grainy though, and I don't know why.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

The next step is to create a world and place a bunch of rings in it.

Then you need to make Sonic so he can go collect the rings. But then you also need that coin collection animation where it disappears and sparkles.

Better get to work!

Also, it looks great. The little bit of not-smooth isn't even noticeable unless you actually look for it.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln