Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

The ocean’s waves lapped against the white sand beach of Solania, ignorant of the wave of corruption swelling rapidly beyond the opposite shore. A small, wooden boat crashed up onto the sands alongside a tall man with dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. A young woman, deeply tanned and sporting a navy blue spaghetti strap, black short-shorts, and a pair of blue-and-white sandals disembarked. She looked to the red-eyed boy she had taken with her in the boat and commanded, "Wait here, I’ll be right back." Her feet sunk in the sand as she ignored Grazel Octavion, standing there dumbfounded as his home was swallowed, and bolted forward, looking back over her shoulder for just a moment, making sure Kendrick Donato had listened to her command.

She dashed past the large, semi-muscular form of Aiden Conlan as she rushed toward the center of Solania. She skipped a step and tumbled to her hands and knees at the feet of Solan Zoniko, relieved, if not slightly winded. "Thank Carbuncle, you’re safe," she managed, clutching her right hand over her chest as she sat back in the sand. Solan sat atop a "throne" crafted of various pieces of wood of different make, size, and shape, all nailed together haphazardly into a quasi chair shape. Around the base of the throne leaned heavy, black rocks, to keep the chair in place when Zon did not sit upon it. Perched precariously atop Zon’s head sat a makeshift crown fashioned from palm branches and fronds along with myriad seashells collected by he and Alma over the many a time they went looking for them at low tide. His right elbow propped up on one of the arms of his throne, his chin rested loosely on his wrist as his fingers tapped against his cheek, eyes half open.

He yawned, "’Bout time you bowed down to me."

Alma grumbled and said, "Something serious is going on. Some purple… something… just flooded Norfein. I got here to make sure you were okay. Waste of time that was." She pouted, folding her arms across her chest.

A handful of others had managed to escape Norfein before it went under. Off in a small grove of palms nearby, Lexabelle Legio reclined in the shade, her pack of gear sitting up beside her, packed near-to-bursting. She seemed not to notice what was going on. At least not yet, she didn’t.

Farther off toward the northern end of Solania, Roy Ventus IV sat on a rock, intently whittling his fiftieth arrow of the day. He sat with his back to the main island and, as such, had little idea of what was happening currently. Perhaps the abrupt change in weather would draw his attention.

Dentoka Giha paced up and down along the far end of Solan’s clearing, intently whispering things to himself about how he should have seen this coming; should have been prepared. He, alone, knew what had happened to the island. He knew that a Font of Corrupted Aether had burst atop the highest point of Norfein, bathing the rest of the island with its negative influence. He might also know that the Font had been kept sealed tightly by the light of the Aether Cryst, in the Lotus Forest. He and everyone else would certainly know that this particular Cryst was watched over by the Aegis, Carbuncle, for as long as anyone could remember. She was revered as a god by the denizens of Norfein.

From the trees just beyond where Dentoka paced, a young Lycan named Kersha Fangs sat patiently, intently examining the others out in the clearing. She hid behind a palm tree, out of sight to the others to silently observe, at least for now. She likely understood what was happening less than most of the others, though she also cared about what happened less than them, as well.

Even farther away, on the eastern shore of Solania, a young woman by the name of Diana Rivers reclined on her beach towel, tanning in the bright, noontime sun. Her clothes were bundled in a heap beside her, tossed aside without a care as she lay there in her bikini, soaking up the sun. She had dozed off, but the abrupt change in lighting would likely rouse her from her slumber.

"You should take a look," she offered Zon. With heavy heart and a long exhale, Alma Lunos got to her feet and turned about, holding her right hand above her eyes to shield them from the noonday sun as she gazed out through the sparse grove of trees and over the short expanse of ocean to her home, beyond, pointing with the index finger of her other hand. The island still stood, and it appeared most of the buildings (from what she could see, at least) were entirely intact. The island, however, was coated in a thick, heavy cloud of inky purple smog. In the very center of the island, even from this far out, Alma could spot a jet of purple sludge firing off into the air above the cloud, as if a geyser of the stuff had burst. The skies overhead began to dull; thick, black clouds blotted out the sun.

Alma’s right hand dropped to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear before she strode off, back toward the southern shore of Solania to gather her katana from the boat. She looked back to Zon as she went and called out, "I’m not sure what’s going on, but I think we should be far enough away to escape the worst of it. I’m gonna check down by the shore to see who else made it here. You should look around the palms to see if anybody was here already."

On the way back, she stopped by Aiden, who had been practicing with his axe. She motioned for him to follow her to the beach, though she wouldn’t push him if he refused. Out on the shore again, another boat pulled up, supporting the small, fragile form of Colsh Wix, followed closely by another boat, holding Novus Frigirost. Alma walked back by Grazel and snapped fingers in front of his face to see if she could get his attention. If she could, she would say, "Hey, look, Norfein’s not safe, nothing we can do for anyone there, now. We’ve gotta get set up here and wait it out. I’m sure everything’ll be okay. Find out if anybody has a tent or something, would you? Thanks." She rushed to her boat, then, and pulled Sakura out of it, nodding to Kendrick as she did so. She said, "If we don’t have any tents, we’ll have to build a shelter. You’re pretty strong, so see if you and the guy with the axe, back there," she motioned over her shoulder, either to the small grove she had run through or Aiden, if he had followed, "to help you scrape something together."

With Sakura clutched tightly to her chest, she would then shout over everyone gathered near the boats, "Everybody who made it, we should meet further inland, by Solan’s throne. We’ll need somebody to start a fire, and I’ll be running around to gather some fruit, if anyone wants to come with." She nodded and set off around to the western side of the island, where there grew of a healthy grove of mango trees. The overcast skies had suddenly made the island chilly, and it seemed to be late evening, rather than early afternoon. Alma took a quick glance out toward the main island as she trotted off and noticed some purple swirls of liquid leaping from the waters around Norfein. She hoped it wouldn’t reach the shores of Solania.

Edited by Artemis, 20 June 2012 - 06:34 PM.

#2 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Dentoka sighed and whispered sullenly to himself. "So Carbuncle is dead, and the Aether Cryst was destroyed with her?" He stopped pacing and sat upon a rock. "But who could kill an Aegis, let alone destroy a cryst?" He drew his crystal staff and drew some magickal symbols in the sand. "The whole world could be in danger here. I need to warn the old man, but first, anybody who survived needs to be told. I'll make a beacon." He looked at the sky, and as the clouds came in, he used his crystal staff to fire a flurry of flames into the darkened sky. "How can I tell them that the entire world is in danger, though, let alone Carbuncle's death?" He sighed, stood up, and walked over to Zon, a familiar face from his short time on Norfein and his time in Solania. "I've got bad news, Zon, but we need to gather the survivors first. This crisis won't be the only one if I'm right."

Edited by Ralor, 16 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#3 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

Lexabelle was enjoying her early afternoon snooze. She had almost spent the entire morning swimming, not to mention she had great luck with making breakfast and lunch, thanks to some ingredients Grazel had traded her for. She even got a painting in, she could tell that today was going to be a great day. But then the ground shook, taking away her bliss of thoughts of shuteye. She choose to fight it though, thinking it a small earthquake. Minutes pasted, her curiosity only building to scout out the area. She quickly found herself climbing one of the taller palm trees with her new-found energy after grabbing her binoculars from her bag. When she reached the top she put them to her eyes and saw what was befalling Norfein. She looked in astonishment as the island was devastated by the purple aether. She then turned her head to the boats that were now unloading. She knew some of the row-boaters. She decided to go greet them and see if they what happened. But first she put on her safari jacket before running over to them. She had come to know most of them, at least just know them, as she had only been here a month. She decided to talk to Alma first, since she looked on top of the game. She found herself on the southwest side of the island in her pursuit of Alma. "Alllmaaa! Alma! What's going on? How can I help?" Lexabelle panted.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#4 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:24 PM

Donato seemed not to hear Alma as she told him to stay in the boat and looked back at his home island with a bored look on his face. He thought he'd be a bit happier to see the island get swallowed from a distance, but despite all the contempt he had for his home, he couldn't help but feel a small sliver of regret. It was fleeting, though. In a few seconds it was gone again, leaving him wondering why it was there to begin with. Despite it getting quite chilly, he left his shirt unbuttoned.

Alma soon came rushing back and pulled her katana, Sakura, out from the boat, and Donato tried to feign a look of interest as she asked if he and another survivor would make a shelter. He sighed, "S'pose I would've had to make one soon," and climbed out of the boat, taking along his makeshift spear. He firmly planted the unsharpened end into the sand by the boat. Donato didn't think he'd need it soon.

Whether Aiden came to the beach or he would have to walk into the grove to find the man, Kendrick would place his hands in his pockets and look at him with the same bored expression he had back on the boat. He supposed the man would seem threatening to others, but to him, Conlan resembled a big rock. A big, dumb rock. "Well. Looks like we're stuck with shelter detail." Kendrick said nothing further unless the man asked for his name, at which he would reply reluctantly, "Donato."

He leaned against the nearest tree and looked up at the sky, and if Grazel had responded to Alma earlier, would add in, "Waitin' to know if anybody brought along a tent fer now." Donato closed his red eyes and waited for word from Grazel, or, if the man had refused to ask around, to catch a break for a few seconds. He had been running from Norfein to the boat, though why the island was a hazard zone now, Carbuncle alone knew. Or so he thought, at least. Donato sure as heck didn't.

2j87ib.jpg

#5 KershaFangs

KershaFangs

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts
  • The Golden Lycan

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

The purple rain came. It rained not water but bad. Bad, bad. she ran--she had to. Not in fear, but because she knew she felt the need to move. She is always moving. She moved across the land, across the ocean, now across the island. Kersha stood still now though:
Humes.
What is it they do? There are two males. One sits in as despoiler despot of the island, every loose piece of lumbar and other building good taken for his seat and the island bounties for his crown. The other male muttered to himself. Kersha flicked her ears, her twitch adjusting them to scan for the optimal sound.
... Should have... -pared. ...a Font of Corr---ted... A...EEt-her?
What is aEETher? Kersha lost the sound in her moment of thought and regained the waft of the pacing man's voice.
...in the Lotus Forest... this Cryst... Cryst? CUR-YIS-tuh. ...watched over by the Aegis, Carbuncle... EYE-gus, Car-bun-KUHle? ... was revered as a god... G-god? EYE-gus Car-bun-KUHLE is a god...
Kersha dropped her ears, losing her interest for a moment. Aegis Carbuncle was no god to her--no, not if she could lose her home. Kersha knew of gods and their homes. To lose a home was to kill them. Aegis Carbuncle must be gone. Kersha affirmed this.
Kersha did feel a pang of pity in her heart though. She did not know of this Aegis Carbuncle, but Aegis Carbuncle had a home and lost it. Kersha mourned for this. The lycan only had lost another place to wander through.

Edited by KershaFangs, 16 May 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#6 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:21 PM

Roy finished making his fiftieth arrow of the day when he noticed the eclipsing of the sun. He suddenly felt a shiver up his spine. He didn't know why but it happened. He quickly packed his arrows in his case and screwed the top on the quiver. He wasn't the real social type with the kids on the island but if he was going to figure out anything that was going to have to change for the moment. He gave a heavy sigh and then ran his fingers through his coarse hair, scrapping and scratching his hand as he got up.

He sped off into the center of the island with his vest flapping about and his sacred pendant smacking his chest to where the guy named Solan usually was found on a wooden throne with a wooden crown. He was the apparent ruler of the island who fought many to keep his title. He didn't care about taking the man's seat as he wanted to go out into the world instead of sitting on some paradise. He did think he could take the title from him but he didn't understand the worth in doing it.

"Hey. Guy. What's going on? Why the sudden change in the weather?" He shouted as he began to walk closer to the throne.

Edited by Kingroy, 16 May 2012 - 04:24 PM.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#7 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

Grazel stared at his home as it was swallowed by the purple stuff. His home. His family. Gone. All gone. He was dragged out of his thoughts by fingers snapping in front of his face. He turned to Alma. "I'll see what I can do." He walked past each of his acquaintances, asking each one the same question. "Do you have a tent?" If they took more than 3 seconds to answer, he would move on to the next person. He then got to Lexabelle. "...Hey. Do you have a tent? One that we can use? If you don't, y'know... no big deal. I can build a shelter... I think." He tried a chuckle, but it came out a little high pitched and squeaky, so he just shut up.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#8 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Aiden's gaze drifted away from the island of Norfein for a moment as Alma came running by him, but it returned shortly after. He was thinking back to his early days, trying to remember something. He had an idea of what the purple fog meant - that it had something to do with the Cryst and Aegis, but he couldn't think of the details. Everything he learned back then was quickly forgotten, being of no value to him; some things lingered and reemerged in certain instances, but rarely did Aiden wish he'd been more involved in his studies.

Glad to be distracted from his thoughts, Aiden showed no hesitation when Alma gestured for him to follow her. He walked to the shore in silence, his axe in hand. He returned to the palm trees he recently occupied, now accompanied by Kendrick. Aiden remained silent. If he made eye contact, it was only briefly, and Aiden quickly turned his gaze away. He gave a curt nod to Kendrick's words, and selected a palm tree that stood transverse to the one Kendrick leaned against. Underneath it he sat, waiting for the report which would tell them how much additional shelter would be required.

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Alma perked up at the familiar, friendly voice of Belle. She stopped her trek to the mangos and beamed at seeing her unharmed. "Belle!" she called, waving to her as she approached. Quickly, Alma explained, "I'm not sure how long we'll be stuck here, so we'll need to prepare. I'm off to gather some food," she motioned toward the mango trees, "and we'll also need shelter for everyone, and a fire or two..."

Grazel arrived, shortly, asking about tents, as Alma had asked. She nodded and said, "Oh, you carry a tent in your bag, right, Belle? How big is it? I wouldn't mind squeezing in, even if it's a bit tight." Her face shined with a smile for an instant. She then counted off on her fingers, marking each person she had spotted around. Counting herself and Solan, she had run into nine people. Absently she ran the numbers and said, aloud, "If I can squeeze in with Belle, we'd just need enough for seven others, assuming nobody else is around besides the ones I saw." Her eyes flicked to Grazel and she said, "Right, unless anybody else had some sort of shelter, see if you can get Kenny and the axe guy to pull together shelter enough for eight or nine. Better to be over-prepared! Now, back to mangos!" Her fist shot up into the air triumphantly.

She motioned to Belle and said, "You're welcome to join me, unless you'd prefer helping the guys with building shelter. Both would be helpful!" Alma trotted off again, heading toward the mango trees, trying to do anything to keep her mind off of what was happening.

#10 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Novus sat up, shaking the dizziness away from his head. Where am I....? He looked around and saw only in water. A small island was visible from the horizon and on the opposite side, he saw only darkness. Bringing up his arm to scratch the rough shape of what seemed to be a bump, he noticed that he was gripping something somewhat desperately. Opening his palm, inside he saw what was a small pendant with an elaborate design. The long brown string that hung from it formed a perfect little knot at the end. After glancing over it for a while and turning it over in his hand a few times, he put it around his neck.

Examining the contents of his boat, he found only a long rifle that he would find fit perfectly on the large holster that was fitted to the back of his shirt. Feeling his pockets, he also found a number of rounds snugly fitted into thin magazines that would obviously fit into the rifle he found. At this point, he felt the tip of his boat hit land. Looking up, he saw a number of people clamoring about. A girl walked hastily to him and said something far too fast for him to understand, as his head was still in a gaze. Feeling the back of his head again, he watched as the girl walked away from him. "Great. Just great." He groaned and looked around to see if he could find anyone willing to help clear things up for him.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#11 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

They were assholes anyway... Colsh slowly got out of the boat, downtrodden. He wasn't really respected among anyone lost, but they were still people he grew up with even if they bullied him. I couldn't help anyone. Colsh climbed out of the boat and sat down on the beach. He started to make sand mounds when Corthos appeared alongside him."They would be very happy to see you remembered them the best you could." Colsh turned to Corthos, bringing a few sticks stones it must have swallowed after Colsh got off the boat. Colsh started setting up several grave markers. He put one up for the classmates and the "couples" had the same grave markers with a heart and their initials in it. Colsh had made 25 Mounds of sands, each with a stone and stick marker.

He turned back to Norfein and gave a sad frown to the sight he saw, he had lost his family and "friends." Everyone seemed busy thinking about survival, Colsh wanted to take a moment for everyone lost, someone had to.

Dennis! Colsh turned around and looked at the mounds, he indeed did forget the biggest bully of them all Dennis Guardsman. Dennis had put Colsh through the ringer through the years, but Colsh was certain even Dennis wasn't bad on the inside. He was certain none of them were horribly bad on the inside. Dennis Guardsman proved Colsh right today with his life. Being surrounded by corruption and darkness, Dennis grabbed Colsh and held him like a sack of potatoes. The man ran through the corruption and threw Colsh into the only boat around. Colsh's last look on the man's face was that of remorse. Bully or not, he was still Colsh's friend and it seemed in the end, he didn't really dislike Colsh either.

Colsh did something a little special with this grave marker. He made a slightly bigger mound and outfitted the circumference with rocks, he found a few shells with the help of Corthos and decorated the mound before sticking a few sticks in the middle. Colsh wrote in the sand, "The Biggest Bully With A Heart Of Gold. Dennis Guardsman." Colsh gave a weak smile as he felt warm liquid falling down his cheeks.

Edited by Griever, 16 May 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#12 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

"Ya, fits only two. But I have some extra rope, combine that with some palm leaves and a couple trees for support and you have a basic shelter. I'll go with you, Alma, we'll need some fish and I have the right tool for that! I'll meet you in a bit," Belle replied. She found herself running back to her camp. She grabbed her pants as it was getting cold rather ominously, but she didn't bother to put them on yet. She grabbed her harpoon ends along with Saré. She also grabbed some rope and a fire-starter. She quickly ran back, this time to Grazel. "Here, take these, build that shelter, and start a fire with haste. I have fish to fry," Belle commanded. She ran with ease to Alma. "I assume you don't need help getting the mangoes, so I'll go ahead and skewer some fish, " Lexabelle exclaimed, as if being slightly louder made her more serious. She quickly prepared Saré to be a harpoon, set her pants and jacket down, and slowly entered the water. Thankfully an unaware fish make a great first target which also got Belle into a hunter's rush. She quickly killed the fish and threw it onto her laid out pants. She would clean the blood off later so she didn't mind. She decided on about 20 fish max, but she only expected to get around 4 in this lighting condition. If she took too long she was sure Alma would come get her.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#13 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

Grazel simply nodded at Alma and took the items from Belle, jogging over to this "Kenny" guy. "Hey. You, me, and the guy with the axe. We have to build shelters. Come on. You get the axe guy, i'll gather wood and other materials. If Kenny said something, he would simply ignore him, jogging along the trees, looking for wood. It wasn't long before he found a good looking tree in teh mango grove with plenty of large branches. He pulled Tyrfing out of its sheath. The blade was broad at the bottom, but eventually got thinner at the top. It was double edged. The handle was wrapped in leather and it led up to a hilt that was colored black and shaped like wings. "I bet I could cut some of those branches off..." Grazel slashed through a few thick branches. The blade cut through them easily and they fell to the ground. He pulled a whetstone out of his pocket and kissed it. "Ol' Faithful, you never let me down." He put the stone back in his pocket and loaded the lumber up on his back. He then made his way back to shore. He set the rope and firestarter down and, one by one, he set the lumber down and hacked the smaller branches off. He put them in another pile to be used for firewood. He then sharpened the ends of the lumber to a point and stuck them in the ground. "Two walls, done." He mumbled to himself. "Anyone that wants to help may! Gather some lumber!" He then jogged back to the trees, Tyrfing in hand.

Edited by Poppa Epic, 16 May 2012 - 08:32 PM.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#14 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Donato opened his eyes and brought them back to their normal level as Grazel approached him and Aiden. He merely grunted at Grazel's words to show they were probably who he wanted, then looked to Aiden and simply gestured, "Time to go," before following behind Grazel. Ken saw Grazel draw out Tyrfing and shook his head in disappointment, then looked around for some other big, thick branches.

He managed to tear two down with his bare hands that were more or less as impressive as those in Grazel's little collection. Donato hauled the two back to the beach and pulled his shell out from his pocket, and stepped on the branches with a foot to keep them still as he cut off smaller branches, tossed them into the firewood pile, and sharpened the points on the bigger brances before digging them into the ground to form a third wall around Grazel's 2.

Donato didn't say a word as they worked, and waited to see if Aiden would bring along the lumber to get the roof done.

2j87ib.jpg

#15 KershaFangs

KershaFangs

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts
  • The Golden Lycan

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Kersha flinched at the sound of hacking at the trees. they'll see her. Go. Now. But she stayed. And she watched. The king of the island had not made a move, or seem intent to make one. The pacing one's lips moved but not sound was made. This no longer interested her.
Night fell early, it seemed to Kersha. She scanned the sky but saw no moon. Her ears flattened in disappointment. Still, dark was about her and hunger called out to her. She would need a meal, any single scrap before sleep. The air grew stale and cold. Kersha transformed into her Lycan form, golden fur much like her hair. It would have shined and glow under moonlight but the purple cloud kept the moon away.
This is better. No Hume will see me... I see them.
Her lupine eyes flashed a gold, and she made a light trot out from her hiding among the trees.
She patrolled the shore, the sand making light of her movements and the water being her marker of the edge of this world. an efforted grunt--Kersha paused. A splash, and hit--Kersha crouched. A fervert frenzy of movements that beat at the water's surface and a single laugh of triumph--Kersha looked. A Hume girl was hunting. Her catch out laid out still bloody on the cloth that they wear. Kersha, having moved away from eyesight into some light shrubbery cover, fixed her eyes on the fish. Some still, some still attempting to live, beating at the too-thin air to swim away.
Kersha was a hunter, as did this Hume appear. But game is still game, regardless of the one who caught it, no?

#16 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Lexabelle stabbed at the fish, impaling it through the tail as it tried to swim away. Barely caught, however, is still caught. The fish lay writhing, struggling to survive, on Lexabelle's pants.

With a mighty swing of his blade, Grazel cut into the trunk of a nearby palm tree. The sword cut deep into the stump. However, he failed to pull it free. Tyrfing was stuck in the side of the palm tree's trunk, the tree hardly close to being felled.

Donato, despite his bravado, miserably failed to uproot his own tree with his bare hands. He would suddenly feel exhausted, as if it had taken quite a toll to pull against the firmly-rooted tree.

Despite the Lycan's stealthy footfalls through the sand, her fur brushed against the shrubbery, just barely. If Lexabelle was thoroughly aware of her surroundings, she would hear the rustle behind her. If she turned to look, the golden hue of Kersha's fur would easily reveal her amidst the greenery.

Alma trotted along after Lexabelle, letting her head off to catch fish as she turned toward the mango grove. Ignorant to her surroundings for the most part, she did not notice the Lycan, stalking her prey, not ten feet from her amidst the shrubs. She pulled Sakura from its sheath, dropping the latter to the floor as she hefted it in her hands and went to climbing the tree closest to her. Unfortunately, her distinct lack of upper body strength caused her to fall back to the ground, flat on her bum. She grumbled swears under her breath as she thought of other ways to procure her mangoes, feeling quite drained just from trying to hoist herself up. She pointed Sakura at the mangoes above her and announced, "Hey, you mangoes, I'm going to eat you, whether you want me to or not!"

#17 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

"Huh?" Lexabelle examined. She quickly turned to see a golden haired animal, no doubt after her catch. "You take me for a fool, wretched animal? You would steal from me? Be gone!" Lexebelle shouted. She quickly let the harpoon fly towards the lycan, the rope flying through her hand. She expected the animal to run though the harpoon would probably hit its mark if the lycan choose to not move. She quickly got out of the water to protect the first catch of the day. She stood in front of the fish, shouting at the animal. Once the harpoon landed, she would pull it back with the rope in rather well-practiced time.

Zanca327.png

#18 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Aiden stared at the two before him as they attempted to harvest palm trees. With a sigh he walked over to Grazel's tree and attempted to free his blade from the trunk. Independent of whether or not he was able to do so, Aiden then began walking in search of a better source of wood.

He came upon the mango grove, in which Alma currently could be found. Making sure no one was around to be injured by a falling branch, Aiden began hacking at the limbs of a mango tree. He dragged what he collected back to shore for the others to use and returned to the mango grove.

#19 KershaFangs

KershaFangs

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts
  • The Golden Lycan

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

A thump--what fell? Kersha had made a subtle quick, spreading her weight all on fours. "Hey, you mangoes, I'm going to eat you, whether you want me to or not!" Who spoke?
"You take me for a fool, wretched animal? You would steal from me? Be gone!" The lycan saw the girl, harpoon in hand, eyes clearly on her. Run.
Kersha's eye tracked the harpoon travelling in the air and made a leap away and out of the scrubs. Kersha's fur stood high, making her body look even larger. Between her legs, Kersha could still see the fish, the latest catch having finally succumb to its defeat. Kersha crouched low, readying for a leap. If not for the fish, at this Hume that has challenged her...

Edited by KershaFangs, 16 May 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#20 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

Zon raised a brow as Alma stormed off. Check the palms? Who did she think she was talking to? He squinted his eyes and followed her gaze out to the main isle. Sure enough, it looked like heavy fog had covered the island. His thoughts went to his mother and his younger brother who were both still on Norfein. He rose from his throne, dusting his pants off. No sooner had he set his crown back on the throne than Dentoka arrived shouting at him.

He dug a pinkie into his ear and shrugged, "Alma said something about trouble. You wanna gather people go do it yourself."

He walked past Dentoka and headed towards the shores that would face Norfein. He'd just have to go back and check on everyone himself. As he was walking, Roy approached him and bothered him as well.

He glared at the man and rose his chin, "The fuck I look like, a weather man?"

He pushed past the man and headed through the shrubbery, paying mind to no one as he headed for the southern shore, undaunted by anyone who would try to bother him. Once he reached the shore he looked for an empty boat. Once he found one, he'd grab it and shove it back into the waves before attempting to hop on it.

147.png