2 replies to this topic

#1 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Greetings, friends. I need a little project to keep myself busy on boring days, so I have decided to review RPG Maker games.

Here's how it works;
I find a game on a website (Usually RMN)
I play it for twenty minutes
I write a first impression
I play the rest of the game, updating this post on occasion
I give a final verdict.

Simple, yes.

The first game to be reviewed; Hero's Realm!

Find it here; Hero's Realm, an indie RPG game for RPG Maker 2003 :: rpgmaker.net
Now, I will play the game. Expect a first impression within the hour.\

First Impression
6/15/12 8:26am | Without even playing the game, just looking at the file, I can already tell that this game is packed full of content. 870 maps don't lie. xD I don't even want to think about how long it took to make this.

6/15/12 8:38am | Well, I watched the introduction, greeted with a wonderful view of the world map with plenty of places to explore. The music was great, very well-made. We begin the first part of the story, Chapter One, Won't Someone Think of the Children?, in a small cabin in the middle of the woods. A soldier from the nearby city comes by to tell someone introduced to us as "The Huntress" that the king wishes to speak to them. We are then taken to a screen to name the character. The Huntress, now named Zal (ilu zal), heads to the city to speak with the king. Apparently, everyone is panicked that their children have gone missing. Apparently, he wants Zal to get to the bottom of it.

6/15/12 8:49am | We are told to go to the barracks. There, we will select, name, and choose a class for our party members.

First is Iggy, a Paladin. He is a sword master and can cast some White magic.
Next is Dream, a Witch. A master of Necromancy and Black magic.
Finally, we have Soro. He is an Engineer that can create weapons to destroy enemies.

My initial thoughts? I am very impressed. The maps are 2D with a 3D feel. The story is interesting thus far and I am very excited to see where this game goes.

The Playthrough

6/16/2012 6:33pm | Well, shortly after heading north to investigate the disappearance of the missing children, I hit a snag. I have NO clue where I am supposed to go now. There is a place called the Amazing Funhouse where I have to make my way through a maze in a minute. If I do, I get a prize. To the West of the town, there is a teleporter to take me up north. Thing is, it needs a crystal to get it to work. I think that the prize for completing the maze is that crystal. I am having trouble completing the maze, though. ;;

Edited by Poppa Epic, 16 June 2012 - 06:41 PM.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#2 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

I love you epic and I love the fact you gave me a name in this world and it's the most awesome thing ever

I love love love love love you epic so much~ and I love the fact I am a huntress. I would immediately go crazy on you if it weren't for 2 things

1. Was the first to be named which is worth love and adoration
2. The fact I am positive the huntress is a bad ass. [could have hidden meaning to their relationship eh epic~]

#3 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

ilu so freakin' much, zal. <3

The Huntress IS a badass. xD That I assure you of.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens