Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Pretty much what Iggy said.

Omega isn't out to level Milencia. Quite the opposite. He wants to control the city, and he wants there to be a lot of people for him to rule over. He doesn't really want to upset the status quo, so to speak, but wants to be a dictator.

Omega isn't the Joker. He isn't out to lay waste and destruction. He wants actually the opposite. Think of the Omega Alliance as much more of a mafia than a criminal organization.

147.png

#62 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

<__< I see... But I don't think Hazard's comment was too out of place considering what Maicoh said and considering how Atom went out...

#63 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Everything in-character so far has been great. :>

I really like the way things are going, currently~ :3

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#64 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

<__< I see... But I don't think Hazard's comment was too out of place considering what Maicoh said and considering how Atom went out...

...What.

What Maicoh said is not supportive of any one side and comes nowhere near to making anything said like "oppression". If anything, his comment would make the Guardians seem like oppressors (to the Omega Alliance, of course). >_>;

Atom's actions and Omega's words makes the comment still fit, of course. Just that I'm not exactly sure Maicoh's words really say much at all.

Everything in-character so far has been great. :>

I really like the way things are going, currently~ :3

Aww, you. You tryin' to pet my ego? x3

2j87ib.jpg

#65 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Updated Jester ( TDK IS NO MOAR )

Name: Unknown
Alias: Jester
Sex: Male
Morality: Chaotic Evil

Normal Appearance: Jester has bruned marks all over his face, he has deep scars and is almost unwatchable to anyone. He wears his mask so he doesn't have to look at himself. Jester hates mirrors more than anything in the world.

Also 6'6 196 pounds.

[/spoiler]

Costume: Jester doesn't have any power nor an official costume, But when he feels like going out for a good time he wears a long black shirt with blood red gloves, long black pants, and a blood red coat and of course his trademark face.

http://www.socaldesi...rBlaRedGold.jpg

( He only comes to play at night )

Equipment:

• Jester has created his own custom gloves with 3 inch claws

• One of the buttons on Jesters coat, when pressed opens the mouth of the mask and releases a small toxin that blinds you for a few minutes.

• Jester also has two jelly bean looking items that are in his right coat pocket, One is red and the other is black when both combined hit the ground the red causes a large amount of smoke to appear ( keeping Jester Hidden ) and the other melts the ground up, giving him a passage to the sewers to escape.

• The Kyoketsu-Shoge- is a double edged blade, with another curved blade attached near the hilt at a 45-60 degree angle. This is attached to 12-18 feet of rope, chain, or hair which then ends in a large metal ring.
( Jester keeps it tied to his waist, it can be used in battle or when his prey escapes he can use the length to capture the prey and drag it back to him. )

http://www.bujinkan....ketsu Shoge.gif

• Jester is also equipped with an advanced gun that has small bullet explosives. ( Able to make shit explode )
He also leaves a rose in the middle of the victims chest.

Personality: Conscientiousness

Power: Incredible
Dexterity: Amazing
Durability: Enhanced
Will: Legendary
Stamina: Enhanced

Discipline: Technology Control

Power:

• Black & Red armor under his long black shirt. Created by only the latest advanced technology by Love Industries, The armor is fire resistant and will knock of any bullets that come across it. It can also take a few blasts ( Jester will fly back but live ) Also from the toxin ( in bio ) Jester is pain resistant meaning if stabbed he will not feel the pain, sure he will bleed but the pain he will not feel.
Abilities:

• Gadgets
  • Tech Savy

Origin: Unknown, he has no records, nothing can identify him... he doesn't exist.

( Jester is also a master manipulator. He has a way of getting people to do what he wants. He is also an Martial Arts expert. )

#66 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Equipment:

Jester has created his own custom gloves with 3 inch claws at each fingertip, each fingertip has a heavy dose of Cyanide on them and if in contact will result in a painful death.( You stop breathing and you die instantly. )

Not allowing a one hit kill touch weapon into this. So no.

One of the buttons on Jesters coat, when pressed opens the mouth of the mask and releases a VX toxin that is heated to a very high temperature formed into a vapor gas and if in contact will melt away the skin on a persons face.

Why would this be allowed either? It's the tamest of his arsenal and still would never be allowed in.

Jester is also equipped with an advanced laser gun invented by Love Industries, the laser gun can cut between any object ( car, truck, split a person in half etc. )

For a guy who is trying to be an alter ego and obviously not try to be connected to Love Industries, why would he carry around a gun like this that could ONLY be made there? Also it's not even allowed at all, so there's that issue.

Basically I don't mind getting rid of TDK, but where TDK was balanced and had an ability to be strong but still isn't overpowered you decided to create a one hit kill machine which frankly would never be accepted. The reason why is that if this character had existed for some time already the heroes and villains would have both attempted and likely succeeded in putting him down since someone who is this insane and lethal would be a common threat.

I get what you're going for, but this character requires no skill in order to be able to be good in combat. It's literally *takes out gun, shoots you in half* or *stabs you, now you're dead*. In a roleplay where there will be absolutely no player killing unless it's allowed by the player who is controlling their character, this person has no place or purpose.

147.png

#67 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Not allowing a one hit kill touch weapon into this. So no.

Why would this be allowed either? It's the tamest of his arsenal and still would never be allowed in.

For a guy who is trying to be an alter ego and obviously not try to be connected to Love Industries, why would he carry around a gun like this that could ONLY be made there? Also it's not even allowed at all, so there's that issue.

Basically I don't mind getting rid of TDK, but where TDK was balanced and had an ability to be strong but still isn't overpowered you decided to create a one hit kill machine which frankly would never be accepted. The reason why is that if this character had existed for some time already the heroes and villains would have both attempted and likely succeeded in putting him down since someone who is this insane and lethal would be a common threat.

I get what you're going for, but this character requires no skill in order to be able to be good in combat. It's literally *takes out gun, shoots you in half* or *stabs you, now you're dead*. In a roleplay where there will be absolutely no player killing unless it's allowed by the player who is controlling their character, this person has no place or purpose.

edited, I get that he would be already in jail but the fact that he's smart unlike any other serial killer helps him. Plus he has escape routes.

#68 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

edited, I get that he would be already in jail but the fact that he's smart unlike any other serial killer helps him. Plus he has escape routes.

Going off of this as well as

[Today 07:29 AM] Blain: Actually he's going to do worse than kill people >_>
[Today 07:29 AM] Blain: He's not going to kill people, he want's to mark his territory and let it be known that there's a new boss in town and he plans to clean up.

this I just really want to mention that there's no way that Omega would allow someone like that to take his turf at all. You'd basically have every hero and villain in this roleplay on your ass in less than a second the moment that the Jester appears and starts trucking shit up. Mostly because the entire city has been taken in terms of territory, so anywhere you go, you're encroaching on one side or the other. If this is your plan, then so be it. If it isn't, I'm telling you already what Omega would do to someone like this. He would absolutely attempt to crush him into the ground.

147.png

#69 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

Going off of this as well as

[Today 07:29 AM] Blain: Actually he's going to do worse than kill people >_>
[Today 07:29 AM] Blain: He's not going to kill people, he want's to mark his territory and let it be known that there's a new boss in town and he plans to clean up.

this I just really want to mention that there's no way that Omega would allow someone like that to take his turf at all. You'd basically have every hero and villain in this roleplay on your ass in less than a second the moment that the Jester appears and starts trucking shit up. Mostly because the entire city has been taken in terms of territory, so anywhere you go, you're encroaching on one side or the other. If this is your plan, then so be it. If it isn't, I'm telling you already what Omega would do to someone like this. He would absolutely attempt to crush him into the ground.

Question is how do you plan on finding him? Nobody will know what time he will come out and play and when he does come out he won't come through with a car, he comes out of the sewers and watches in alleys for his next prey. He's basically good at being invisible. Not only that but he will put fear in Milencia even though " the heroes " are there to protect them. Not only that but hes unpredictable he won't hunt every night. He might even take a week off. :)

#70 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

Secret Identity: Felicia Rampart
Alias: Umbra
Sex: Female
Morality: Lawful Neutral

Secret Identity Appearance:
Short black hair and emerald eyes. A slender, pretty face and similar slim figure with some curves to her.

Costume: A skin tight black suit with armor padding in vital areas where she's likely to take damage. Her full face mask is similarly black with wide white eye visors. She also wears a large black cape that she usually keeps draped around herself unless she's in combat.

Equipment: A plethora of throwing knives including two of which that are hooked up to a chain that is attached to her belt.

Personality: Carefree and bubbly when not in costume, but deadly serious when on the job. Quiet and sullen, she rarely speaks even when spoken to. She'd rather have her actions speak for her. She's very personable when not being Umbra, however.

Power Grid:

Power
: 1
Dexterity
: 4
Durability
: 3
Will
: 5
Stamina
: 3

Discipline: Energy

Power: Telekinesis - Shadowtag

Basically Umbra can manipulate any object with her mind as long as she, or her shadow, is in contact with it. She can crush things well beyond her strength scale and lift things effortlessly as long as it is within her sphere of influence.

She can manipulate objects in a 15 meter diameter circle around her person. The heavier an object, the less time she can manipulate it. The further it is from her, the harder it is to control it. Her powers are strongest directly next to her person.

She can manipulate people as well if they get close enough to her, but only if her will surpasses theirs. Even then, it isn't easy to manipulate people against their will, so she rarely attempts it.

Abilities:
Energy Blows - Shadowstrike - She can counter nearly any physical attack by striking back with her frail arms or legs, and is able to negate nearly any strong blow thrown her way through her powers being used.

Movement - Shadowslide - she can move a bit quicker by moving her shadow (and thusly herself) with her powers. This diminishes in effectiveness the more it's used. She can also use this to scale buildings or other difficult to traverse areas.

Origin Story: Felicia was a high class citizen of East Milencia. Raised in the lap of luxury, she grew to love and adore the city, though she wasn't very fond of the way her father was always gone. He was an important man with the government, and still is. She eventually learned that the Rampart family was so well off by keeping others in poverty, so to speak. That was the way of the world, or so she was told.

Not one that was very pleased by this, she set out to West Milencia and became enlisted with Avarice Cole when the Omega Alliance was formed three years ago. Since then she has risen to his right hand lady even though she's very young. In return, she follows his every word, hoping to one day upset the status quo of the corrupt New Milencia.

147.png

#71 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Alias: The Silver Seer

Equipment: A Com device and a Lighter

Personality: Logical, but impulsive. He is good at hiding his emotions, but he is really very emotionally vulnerable. He is strong-willed, and very protective of his friends.

Power: 5
Dexterity: 2
Durability: 4
Will: 3
Stamina: 2

Discipline: Element
Power: Fire Projection
Abilities: Flight (Basically Iron Man/Fire Lord Ozai style flight)
Elemental Blows

1. Fire Projection means you can't control the flame's intensity, spread, or what-have-you as it comes out from the lighter he carries. Just making sure you understand this.

2. "He is strong-willed..." "Will: 3" <- doesn't mesh very well. Might want to try bumping that to a 4 or so.

3. Specifics. You're still lacking them. In particular:

a. Describe what his projection IS. How it works, what he does, etc.
b. Please actually describe HOW he flies instead of referencing people who do not exist in New Milencia.
c. Describe what his Elemental Blows are and how they function.

Need an example? Here's Guardian's Elemental Manipulation descriptions. He even has similar abilities, in that he has movement and element blows. Do you see how I was specific in how his power functions and how this power then extends to his abilities. (I wrongly made him Projection when really his power was Creation...)

Alias: Guardian

Discipline: Elemental Manipulation

Power: Ice Creation
Guardian is able to project waves of coldness which rapidly condense ambient water vapor into ice. This can be used to various effects.

Abilties:
Ice Blows - By coating his gloves or boots with ice as he moves to attack, he can deliver more powerful blows. A full-powered punch from Guardian is able to cave in a non-concrete wall.

Movement - Through rapid projection of his aura of coldness, Guardian is able to coat the ground below him into a sheet of ice, allowing him to slide around freely. He can also use this ability to create a slick surface thick enough to carry him through the air as he moves forward for quick traveling throughout the city.

a5g7ld.gif

#72 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I added a new rule to the first post. You're all welcome. Sorry, Roy.

147.png

#73 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

It's all good. >.> He's going to be heartbroken AND he wasn't going to even be able to talk to her. So there.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#74 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

This only happened because you wanted your own rule. HOW DOES IT FEEL NOW!?

147.png

#75 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Can I get a rule of my own too? Not sure what you could do, though.

No preaching in churches in your spare time?

/joke

2j87ib.jpg

#76 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Feels pretty cool. Long as Dexel doesn't have a rule it's all gravy player.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#77 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Omega Alliance Application

Secret Identity: Allan Aries
Alias: Spectre, A-Double
Morality: Chaotic Evil

Secret Identity Appearance: Short black hair, long sideburns and round rose-tinted glasses are constant features in Allan's face. He chooses to wear a gray jacket, a white shirt and brown cargo pants on his days off.

Costume: Allan simply uses his illusory power to display himself as a humanoid shadow to those around him.

Equipment: Cloak & Dagger – Having more of a symbolic use than a practical one, this pair of equipment is Spectre's signature act. He covers his targets with a velvet cloak once they are successfully disposed off by his dagger.

Revolver – When all else fails, Allan always has his trusty six-shooter. The bullets that he uses are custom made, with his signature engraved on the side of them. Due to this, he only has six rounds of bullets on him during a field mission.

Personality: Instigative, conniving, sadistic, theatrical. These words sum up the vile Spectre.

Power Grid
:

Power: 2
Dexterity: 4
Durability: 2
Will: 5
Stamina: 3

Discipline
: Energy

Power: Shadow Illusions - Spectre is able to create illusions of images that he can conjure up in his mind. These illusions cannot do physical harm against targets but is the main weapon of Spectre's psychological attacks.

Abilities:

Dark Temptation (Telepathy) - Another gift from the powers that be to Spectre. He is able to find people's darkest fears and plant the seeds of doubt through a direct link to their mind. Only those with the strongest wills (or craziest minds) can withstand his brand of terror.

Shadow Walk
(Levitation) - True to his name, Spectre is able to not generate sound with his feet as he moves.

Origin Story: Though originally a small time conman, the thug known in the underground world as A-Double has climbed to the top of the criminal ladder. The potential to deceive people was always present in the promising Allan but he didn't always have control over illusions. It wasn't until he double-crossed an infamous mob boss, who happened to be a superhuman as well, that Allan began to "develop" his powers. He was hexed, and fell into a comatose state in which he supposedly got trapped in his own personal hell. After an unknown amount of time, he suddenly woke up and saw himself as a being of darkness, having lost his own sense of fear. Allan was too weak to move when he first woke up, yet he had to get out of where ever he was. To his surprise, he was back at his apartment and soon found out that the minor criminal organizations he worked for and against were wiped out by The Guardians. Needing to find a new team to work with, he had set out to prove himself useful to the Omega Alliance, knowing full well that they were the only group that could have use for his then-new found powers.

Edited by Wynn, 16 July 2012 - 03:30 AM.

DHHIpKN.png

#78 MobiusStrip

MobiusStrip

Page

• Page
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Guardians Application

Secret Identity: Ross Klein
Alias: Mobius
Morality: Chaotic Good

Secret Identity Appearance: Pale white skin and dark brown hair that is left unkempt. Blue/Silver eyes with a slightly
gaunt face. He usually wears a hooded sweater with a button up t-shirt. he wears jeans and running shoes. He carries a large
backpack with him at all times. He is usually found wearing some kind of hat, usually a toque.
Costume: His costume is hidden in, or more accurately is his backpack. On command, it will fold out into a black plated
suit with green trim. The suit is made up of large plates that cover a large amount of his body. Glowing yellow lines
along his helmet that serve as view ports. His legs are actually advanced prosthetics that give him superhuman levels of mobility when his armor is activated.

Equipment: Backpack

Personality: Independent, Determined, Reckless

Power Grid:
Power: Enhanced
Dexterity: Incredible
Durability: Enhanced
Will: Legendary
Stamina: Amazing

Discipline: Technology

Ross uses his prosthetic legs and armor to move at break-neck speeds during combat. Has a blade and an energy cannon integrated into his armor.

Power: Armor
Ross has an advanced suit of armor that increases his survivability and movement speed. The suit also has a built in energy cannon in the left arm that fires a giant mass of force, and a blade in the right.

Abilities: Movement, Tech Savvy
Ross uses his prosthetic legs to increase his movement speed to upwards of 70kph. He also knows how to configure, repair, and even create different kinds of technologies.

Origin story: Ross was only a child when he had his legs taken from him. He was caught in the middle of a violent fight between two reckless superhumans. A few years later, he had himself outfitted with prosthetic legs that were barely functional, but it was all that his family could afford. Dissapointed with his new legs, he musters up a legendary amount of willpower, and studies quite literally all there is to know about mechanical and cybernetic prosthetics. Using this new knowledge, and his innate savvyness with technology, he constructs new prosthetics for himself.

Edited by MobiusStrip, 16 July 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#79 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

First, i don't really appreciate a Jester post when he hasn't been formally allowed into the roleplay. He's changed since I last looked at him, so there's that. Aside from exploding ammunition, which basically makes him have what, a handgun style RPG (which is kind of stupid, but whatever) he should be alright for the most part. Waiting on an Iggy confirmation.

Secondly, Ralor still waiting on Bio update to make the Sterling officialtypes.

EDIT://

I am perfectly happy with Sterling's Bio. he's accepted as far as I care.

Thirdly, I already looked over Spectre and Mobius before in a PM Wynn sent me, so I'll go over a few things if I find them in the updated temps:

Doesn't seem like much has changed, which is fine since nothing was really wrong. Illusions area of the bio is still a little bit vague for my tastes (even though you explained what he'd be making illusions of to me). I'm going to say the vagueness is okay since that's kind of.. Spectre's shtick, more or less. Iggy may disagree with me, but that's his prerogative.

The only issue I had with this came from the ground speed of the legs. It's in a much more acceptable range for me, personally now, so I'm giving my half of the okay. Now it's up to the Igster.

Edited by Valor, 16 July 2012 - 11:01 AM.

147.png

#80 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, Jester is good to go.

Secret Identity: Tyler Sterling
Alias: The Silver Stinger

Discipline: Element
Power: Fire Projection- Sterling Silver produces a white-hot jets of flames as his main method of offense and defense. He'll fire a mid-ranged jet of fire to attack or throw up a veil for light protection.
Abilities: Flight- Sterling uses his fire as a propellant to thrust himself into different directions.
Elemental Resilience

Okay. ONLY thing is to keep in mind that the veil of fire is still fire. It would not halt a car thrown at him, for example, but it could easily deflect a trash can.

Aside from that, he's good. I'm not a fan of amnesia origins, because you as the player should know everything about his past. As long as you do, I'm good with him. Note that if any of his past that he doesn't remember involves things such as a criminal history, working as a vigilante, etc, these are things I should know, as Guardian and as a GM. Just throw me a PM if this is the case so it's all recorded in case things crop up in the future. We will NOT take charge of controlling his past or people from it, so don't worry about that at all here.

Omega Alliance Application

The ONLY hangups I have here are twofold.

1. Just make sure you are aware that telepathy requires you to attempt to use it on people. You can't PP it, unless given the okay by Val or myself. (Since some characters are very weak-willed and would physically not be able to resist his influence)

2. His weapons are giving me pause because of the amount of control he can exert over people. He can have them confused and disoriented, make himself invisible, and pop a cap in their brain pan and there would be NOTHING the character could do to stop it. Basically, don't go for kill blows with the daggers and revolvers and we'll have no problems. (Unless given permission, of course, by Val, myself, and the character's controller)

Outside of this, I'm good with him as he is.

Guardians Application

Similar to above, just be sure not to go for kill shots. This is ESPECIALLY important here, because Guardian does not tolerate killers in his ranks and he would not enlist someone with a propensity for murder.

Aside from that, you have my okay as well. :>

a5g7ld.gif