Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Secret Identity: Maya Drury
Alias: --She’ll give a new name at every soiree--
Sex: Female
Morality: Chaotic Neutral

Secret Identity Appearance/Costume:
Equipment: [ None? ]

Personality:
Maya is the life of the party. She exudes charm and grace and is quick to talk to others—and others talk back. She is as cunning as charming, a natural pair; she can talk circles around the truth and not even need to divulge a lie—although she wouldn’t hesitate or stutter spinning a tale. She is in touch with her emotions and has a natural ability to connect with people, although some of her own feelings trouble her. Most of her kindness and empathy is a stage show; she has closed off her heart for anyone new in her life. Outside of Love Industries, she doesn’t care for another soul. Despite how extrovert she is, Maya does not dare get personal with any outside of her best client—whom she prefers to call Boss—Alexander Love.

Power Grid:
Power: 2
Dexterity: 4
Durability: 2
Will: 4
Stamina: 4

Discipline: Energy
Power: Illusion – Maya has always been proud of her imagination. Whenever she is alone, she often daydreams to keep away the loneliness of solitude. She could swear that the things she imagines even feel real, but that just how lost in fantasies she must get…
Abilities: Healing Factor – As a modern day courtesan, Maya knows all sorts of natural pain relieving and feel-good techniques. From psychotherapy to a deep tissue massage to even a friendly chat with this charming woman, Ms. Drury can heal mental, physical, and emotional pains—all of this of course super-enhance by her innate ability.

Origin Story:
Ever since a young age, Maya was aware she had the looks, grace, and talents to be whatever she wanted—she just never wanted to work too hard at anything and succeed all the same. She had graduated high school early at 16 and immediately went to continue her education. During her time in college, she had been introduced into The Companion’s Guild, a highly selective sect that in essence raised 21st century oiren. The Guild was not eager to allow her in but all her drive went into proving herself worthy to be one of these beautiful women.
Clients have come, some stayed, and other turned away, but one Maya has never said no to was Alexander Love. As a “companion” she is never to put her heart into her work, but Maya has grown enamored with the ingenuous Alexander. She only wants to be closer to him and is willing to do just about anything to be with him. As high class as it is to be with a Companion, it would never be acceptable to be wedded to one; and Maya reminds herself of this yet still her feelings cry out for Love.

#102 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Secret Identity: Maya Drury
Alias: --She’ll give a new name at every soiree--

Iggy and I have been discussing this, and we aren't really sure if Maya would add anything to the roleplay other than being another player character vessel that's under Blade's relative control.

I don't see any reasons why she wouldn't be accepted, but I also don't see what...

purpose...?

she would serve in the roleplay either other than being an Alexander Love ego boosting player character.

As it stands I just ._. don't know... why... Maya would exist... as mean as that is to say. I mean, if you really want to play this character I'll give my OK and all, but I just don't see the appeal.

147.png

#103 KershaFangs

KershaFangs

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts
  • The Golden Lycan

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

I figured so. Ah well. Maybe something will come up. I'll still be willing to hop in.

#104 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

D: well i didn't mean it as a rejection, honestly. If you want to play her, I'll definitely give her my OK. I just wanted to voice concerns I had about her :<

147.png

#105 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

>.> Hey Iggggyyy. The Edge was in the Van, scanning around. Unlike the others she couldn't take off her costume which is very attention grabbing so she decided to "not make a scene" like Umbra wanted by staying inside and scanning.

Edit: Meh....I'll just go ahead since Zal and Dream already posted about them walking in a group.

Edited by Kingroy, 24 July 2012 - 10:21 AM.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#106 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Finally some action :D

Secret Identity: Ethan Leftwood
Alias: Osseous (given) Oz (what everyone calls him because Osseous sounds stupid)
Sex: Male
Morality: Lawful Evil

Secret Identity Appearance: A tall, lanky, dark skinned man who likes to wear one of his wide variety of sunglasses. He tends to dress sharp, albeit colorfully. He has quite a bit of poofy hair on his head which he tends to leave up, but has been known to wear it in a more low-key style if the mood strikes him.

Costume: He usually dresses in a nice pair of pants and a vest. Sometimes he wears a tie as well, though he never wears a shirt. His vest is sleeveless. The colors change depending on his moods.

Equipment: None

Personality: Easygoing, laid-back, determined

Power Grid:
Power: Incredible
Dexterity: Enhanced
Durability: Legendary
Will: Enhanced
Stamina: Amazing

Discipline: Physical

Power: Body Control - Spontaneous Osseous Cellular Manipulation and Replication

Oz is able to generate as much bone tissue as he wants to. As such, he can remove bones from his body while leaving behind a perfectly intact skeletal structure. He can remove his forearm without it ever leaving his body. As long as blood is flowing to the tissue he can manipulate it, which means that once it leaves his body it is unable to be bent by his will anymore.

In addition to this, he is able to shape his bone as he wishes whenever he wishes to, provided that he has the stamina for it. In addition to this, he can strengthen his bones by essentially coating them with more and more layers of bone. Oz's bones are stronger than steel and nearly impossible to break without tremendous force.

Abilties: Healing Factor

In addition to his regular power, Oz has minor control over other cellular structures in his body. Using this latent power he's able to pull bones from his body or through his skin without causing severe trauma at all. Therefore, he never bleeds when he removes a bone from his body. His healing factor is roughly 5x that of a normal human.

If it would take a human 30 hours to recover from an injury, Oz can do so in 5 hours. If an injury would take a full week to recover from, he can do so within about 36 hours.

Origin Story: Ethan grew up on the rough and tumble streets of New Milencia. Orphaned from an early age, he quickly learned how to fend for himself. He knew others could never or would never help him out. He discovered his power at an early age and used it to perform many muggings as well as getting himself out of danger. He had been dubbed Bulletproof at one point when his chestplate automatically became incredibly dense so much so that it stopped a bullet and didn't even crack.

Ethan soon had the run of the Docks of New Milencia where he worked as a drug trafficker until Omega's rise to power. Not one to ruffle the feathers of people bigger than him (especially if they were paying) Ethan quit the drug racket and decided to join up with Omega. As such, he's one of the strategic minds behind Omega's operation in controlling the city of New Milencia. Ethan has big plans for once Omega has taken control of the city.

Edited by Valor, 25 July 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#107 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

I'm posting to explicitly state a few things.

First off, we are calculating a few things during battles, but nothing too extreme. The bits of either my or Iggy's post that directly speak about a fight will be as much as we "GM" them. Basically we try to tell you if you're running a bit low on Stamina or Health.

A very brief overview on Stamina and Health:

Stamina is a number that dictates how many times you can "act" during a battle. We decide when stamina is used. No matter how grand your attack is during one action, only a single stamina is ever used per use of your powers. However, excessive movement or movement with a purpose (dodging/blocking) also will draw a stamina usage.

Your health is factored into your stamina as well. Basically as you take damage you lose stamina equal to that. You can still fight with 0 HP. You can no longer fight with 0 Stamina.

Hitting 0 does not mean it's a knock out or you're unconscious. It means that your character basically has to withdraw, since they're exhausted or they see it's a losing cause or whatever. This is put in place so that we don't have battles lasting much longer than they really need to.

Also, everyone's done a good job of this thus far, but you need to take hits. It makes things fair since no one's character can escape from every attack an equally proficient fighter throws at them. Learning, however, which attacks you can withstand and which ones you cannot afford to take is key to becoming a better battler within a roleplay format, in my mind.

Finally, if anyone is wondering what your character's stamina stat is, don't bother asking. It won't be told. However, it is sufficiently high enough that it will be very difficult to hit at the start of a fight. For instance, The Edge versus Shady has been one of the longer running fights with a lot of action and The Edge is sitting around 7 stamina remaining while Shady has around 10 left. Suffice to say... by the end of your stamina for a battle, it will be a significantly long and fulfilling bout.

#108 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Dear everyone:

I will be time skipping this roleplay to the next day on Wednesday. If you would like this to be sped up, please say you're good with it. If you would like more time to interact with other people and do stuff, please say that. If you are okay with the time skip on Wednesday, please say nothing.

Thank you.

147.png

#109 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Time warp? On Wednesday?

...I'm content with this.

2j87ib.jpg

#110 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I'm super duper cool with it.

#111 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'm down with the happenings.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺