15 replies to this topic

#1 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:01 AM

So, my sister went ahead and bought a charger for our Nintendo DS. Last time I had played with it was about August of '09 so I might have been out of the loop for far too long.

Anyway, I'm looking to play some good games. Take note, I'm not just asking for new games that I might've missed but any game that's worth a playthrough.

If this gets enough replies, might even ask K to make this into a sticky thread.

Edited by Wynn, 21 February 2010 - 05:08 AM.
typo

DHHIpKN.png

#2 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

So, my sister went ahead and bought a charger for our Nintendo DS. Last time I had played with it was about August of '09 so I might have been out of the loop for far too long.

Anyway, I'm looking to play some good games. Take note, I'm not just asking for new games that I might've missed but any game that's worth a playthrough.

If this gets enough replies, might even ask K to make this into a sticky thread.

What kinds of games do you like?

JRPG? The World Ends With You

FPS? Moon

#3 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:27 AM

I'm a jack-of-all trades gamer so any will do. Also, I already have plans for TWEWY but thanks nonetheless.

DHHIpKN.png

#4 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:54 AM

Glad they made a suikoden game on NDS. Suikoden Tierkries is a game you want(you might not like, as you are not a suikofan)
You don't exist

#5 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:48 AM

I've seen a review of Suikoden before. If I recall correctly, ships played a major element in that one game. Might look into your suggestion as well.

DHHIpKN.png

#6 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:25 AM

If I recall correctly, ships played a major element in that one game. Might look into your suggestion as well.

That's Suikoden IV not Tierkries. I think I made a thread of it some where. You can check it out and ask any questions on them, if you haven't noticed my Avatar and profile picture,Which is an exaggerated Anime Character and a SD character respectively of the one of the recruit-able characters. The most mysterious character but most renowned. Appeared in the first two games but later left out. I hope VI will bring him in.

Meet D.Knight Pesmerga from the first game. Strangely, the artist of the first and second are different, so persmerga appears older in the first game than the second game. It became 3D on the 3r Installment on Playstation 2

deadly_-_dreamerX is me first alias in my first ever forum, which is a renowned rom site. I am banned for a month for kidding with a little bit heavy and pungent joke, that's how strict it is in its rules man!

Posted Image

Edited by Deadly-Dreamer-X, 21 February 2010 - 11:39 AM.

You don't exist

#7 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

DS Game suggestions for Wynn?

Jump Super Stars
Jump Ultimate Stars
Mario Kart DS
Pokemon Diamond, Pearl or Platinum
Diddy Kong Racing DS

JSS and JUS are games in japanese >_>; but GameFAQs will be a great help for you. JUS and JSS are fighting games dealing with most characters from Shonen Jump created animes. (Naruto, Death Note, Eyeshield 21, Katekyo Hitman Reborn etc.)

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#8 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

Well, the first thing off of everyone's mind should be Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum. Also, you should look into Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver coming out in March.

Also, there's LoZ: Spirit Tracks, which I hear is really good. Another good pick would be any game in the Ace Attorney series.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

That's Suikoden IV not Tierkries. I think I made a thread of it some where. You can check it out and ask any questions on them, if you haven't noticed my Avatar and profile picture,Which is an exaggerated Anime Character and a SD character respectively of the one of the recruit-able characters. The most mysterious character but most renowned. Appeared in the first two games but later left out. I hope VI will bring him in.

Meet D.Knight Pesmerga from the first game. Strangely, the artist of the first and second are different, so persmerga appears older in the first game than the second game. It became 3D on the 3r Installment on Playstation 2

deadly_-_dreamerX is me first alias in my first ever forum, which is a renowned rom site. I am banned for a month for kidding with a little bit heavy and pungent joke, that's how strict it is in its rules man!

I read this post over and over and over again and I still cannot see anything in it whatsoever outside of the first sentence that is on-topic in the slightest.

Like. Holy carp.

As for DS games... J00 should play some 358/2 Days and Platz, as suggested by Shino. I think you'd get a kick out of Professor Layton's two games, as well (Curious Village / Diabolical Box). ALSO. Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks (the latter being better, imo) would be nice pickups.

Oh yush. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky would be a good grab.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#10 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:01 PM

Well, I did enjoy Red Rescue Team for the GBA before so I guess I'll like Explorers of Sky. Also, already have Platz, as well as Diamond. Have plans on getting SS when it becomes available.

And I heard 358/2 Days wasn't really that great >.> Truth or BS?

#11 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

Well, I did enjoy Red Rescue Team for the GBA before so I guess I'll like Explorers of Sky. Also, already have Platz, as well as Diamond. Have plans on getting SS when it becomes available.

And I heard 358/2 Days wasn't really that great >.> Truth or BS?

Uh. Whoever said that is crazy. It's loads of fun to play. People dislike it because it has a complicated growth system. They don't understand it, so they hate it. O.o Only reason I could see, since everything else about it is pretty schweet. Anybody who dislikes Xion is lying to themselves. Roxas/Axel/Xion is what Sora/Riku/Kairi should have been. :<

a5g7ld.gif

#12 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:01 AM

I read this post over and over and over again and I still cannot see anything in it whatsoever outside of the first sentence that is on-topic in the slightest.

Like. Holy carp.

"Holy Carp" HAHA! Don't say it is a Typo, it sounds cool.

Well, my first reply is "in-topic" but he said something which not completely true. But then again I indulged in my world of Suiko-fantasy :smile:

Another game...Go for Diamond and Pearl as already suggested for now and as a starter game.

You don't exist

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:05 AM

"Holy Carp" HAHA! Don't say it is a Typo, it sounds cool.

Another game...Go for Diamond and Pearl as already suggested for now and as a starter game.

I intended to write carp.

Also, you should pay attention. Wynn posted saying he has Platz and Diamond. >_>

OH OH. WYNN. YOU SHOULD TOTALLY JOIN IN MY AWESOME (albeit tiny) CIRCLE OF COOL KIDS ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE RELEASE OF GOLDEN SUN DS NOW. <33333

a5g7ld.gif

#14 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:24 AM

I intended to write carp.

Suegeee!! Carp.

Also, you should pay attention. Wynn posted saying he has Platz and Diamond. >_>

Didn't noticed that :tonguesmile:

OH OH. WYNN. YOU SHOULD TOTALLY JOIN IN MY AWESOME (albeit tiny) CIRCLE OF COOL KIDS ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THE RELEASE OF GOLDEN SUN DS NOW. <33333

I am looking forward to it as well. I see we have a Golden Sun-FanBoy

You don't exist

#15 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

RPG: The World Ends with You
TBS: Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Rhythm/ Music: Elite Beat Agents
Point-and-click: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney