Photo

Inferno Tournament #002 - Let your Spirit shine!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Official Inferno Tournament

~ LET YOUR SPIRIT SHINE ~

Seeding:
[table=0]SEEDNAMEPTSMATCH
BATTLE1Dion3[1-0-0]
[2-0-0]1Griever3[1-0-0]
[2-0-0]1Reservoir3[1-0-0]
[2-0-0]1Lexaeus3[1-0-0]
[2-0-0]5Igshar3[1-0-0]
[2-1-0]6Dexel0[0-1-0]
[1-2-0]7Kingroy0[0-1-0]
[0-2-0]7Artemis0[0-1-0]
[0-2-0]7Xanius0[0-1-0]
[0-2-0]7Ralor0[0-1-0]
[0-2-0][/table]
[table=0]ROUND ONE
[table=0]Dion
Xanius[2-0-0]Griever
Artemis[2-0-0]Igshar
Dexel[2-1-0]Kingroy
Reservoir[0-2-0]Ralor
Lexaeus[0-2-0][/table]ROUND TWO
(tentative)
[table=0]Dion
Lexaeus[0-0-0]Griever
Igshar[0-0-0]Reservoir
Xanius[0-0-0]Dexel
Ralor[0-0-0]Kingroy
Artemis[0-0-0][/table]ROUND THREE
[table=0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0][/table]ROUND FOUR [if needed]
[table=0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0]????
????[0-0-0][/table][/table]
*Match and Battle records are in [W-L-D] format*

FORMAT:

• The Tournament will consist of 3-4 rounds
  • Every player will participate in every round
  • Each round will see players participate in a best-of-three match to determine who gets the win and who gets the loss.
  • 3 points are awarded for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a loss.
  • Each round will see players paired against others with similar scores. Tie-breakers will be determined at a later date, but will likely incorporate your opponent's match record, and your cumulative score.
  • If we have an odd number of players, one player will pull a bye each round (that is, that player will not have to play that round but will get +1 point; this will likely only be handed to someone who is lower in the ranking to prevent bad results with tie-breakers)
  • The first round matches will be randomly assigned by an Excel algorithm I will develop once we have all of the participants.

RULES:

• The level requirement to participate in this Tournament is 36. All matches will be fought at level 36.
    • This means you may only allocate 35 :AP: to your character for any one battle. You may, however, use any piece of equipment you own.

• You must also at least have reached Rabanastre in order to join.
  • Spirits WILL be participating in this tournament.
    • You may not set yourself and your Spirit up in such a way so as to give you more than two turns per round, unless you end up picking up a second turn off of your opponent.
    • You may switch your Spirit after every battle, if you so choose. The Spirit switching station will be present at the battleground.

• Spells and Techniques which restore your :HP: will not be allowed to be used in this Tournament. If one is used, you will automatically lose the entire match you are in. If it is the first battle, your opponent will take the win at 2-0.
    • In each battle, each player is allowed to use exactly two * Tourney Pot * potions and exactly one * Phoenix Down * potion. They are sold for 0 :gil: at the battle site. Using more than the allotted amount in any one battle is the same as forfeiting that battle. You may NOT use a * Tourney Pot * to revive a fallen teammate and, similarly, you may NOT use a * Phoenix Down * to heal a teammate who is still alive. Doing either of these two things results in forfeiting the battle. Each match is made up of two to three battles.
    • You may ask that specific Techniques lose their :HP: gains if you wish to use them in the battle, but none will be outright specified for you beforehand.

• Burn, Freeze, and Erode (and the -ra versions possessed by mage Spirits) are not allowed in the Tournament, as they can potentially deal 30 damage with minimal effort. Since healing is disallowed, these spells are irrevocably difficult to survive.
  • Player Stat Caps:
    :HP: must not exceed 70
    :SPD: must not exceed 17
  • Spirit Stat Caps:
    :HP: must not exceed 90
    :SPD: must not exceed 17
  • NOTE ON STATS:
    Whoever is watching the battle may, for any justified reason, force a player to change his/her stats from what they have chosen as their set. Examples of stat sets which may (and probably will) be forced to be changed include (but are not limited to) Artemis' first / Avalon's third stat set on this

ETIQUETTE:

• Celebrating victories is fine, but mocking the loser may be grounds for immediate dismissal from the Tournament.
  • Being upset over a loss is fine, but openly whining or complaining of something being unfair without grounds will be seen as an affront to the match's moderator.
  • A match will always be fought in its entirety in the course of a single day. If you have fought at least one battle in your match and you leave, you forfeit the remaining battles in the match.
  • The match moderator will be watching as invites are sent. If the sender is seen to be cheating out the receiver by starting a battle prematurely (ie. before both players are ready), the one who sent the battle invites will (without question, exception, or argument) be given an automatic loss for that battle and the match will move on to the next.
    • Players will be given a MAXIMUM of twenty (tentative) minutes between battles, during which time you may change your stats for the coming bout. Once the twenty minutes are up, the battle should commence shortly, giving players only enough time to heal themselves in preparation for the battle. As such, come prepared with ideas of what you want to do with your stats BEFORE a match begins.

• Any discussion of a match insomuch as discussing what a player should do next or what a player did wrong while a particular battle is in progress will be grounds for immediate and irrevocable dismissal from the spectator's box for the duration of the match.
    • That is, you will be banned from the Partybox and/or the Inferno for the duration of the match if you are offering battle tips. (Between battles, it is perfectly all right to discuss strategies and what a player did right and wrong in the previous battle.)

PRIZES: [based on points]

? - 150 :gil: + 5 x from pool + 100 :XP:
?? - 130 :gil: + 4 x from pool
??? - 120 :gil: + 3 x from pool
???? - 110 :gil: + 2 x from pool [not xx]
????? - 100 :gil: + 1 x from pool

Consider it, basically ? = place of finishing. If we go 3 rounds, 9 points will end up as 2nd, 6 as 3rd, etc. If we go 4 rounds, it'll be 12-9-6-3-0 and a fifth ranking might be added. Note that ONLY ONE PERSON can get the top prize.

[Pool]
x - Alraune Drill Alraune Drill x5
x - 150 :gil:
x - Any buyable Spell or Tech from ch 1-4
x - +5 Herbalism + 10 free potions [cannot double]
x - +10 Alchemy + 1 free Tier III Augment [cannot double]
xx - Zincatite Zincatite x1
xx - Special Spell from Ch. 5 [Choose one of four]
xx - Ch. 5 Weapon [Blade, Rod, Dagger, Tome, Bow, Woodwind, Axe, Fist, Spear, Pole]
[Note: Only one of each weapon type can be given out]

You may choose the same reward multiple times, but you may only select ONE reward labeled by xx.

Spells:
???? - Improves the party's physical strength.
???? - Improves the party's spell potency.
???? - Bolsters your Spirit's accuracy while regenerating your casting potential.
???? - Restore your Spirit's magickal energies while enhancing your sight.

Weapons:
See here.

Matches will take place at Aether Flow - Nexus of Aether, without exception.

Anyone who wishes to participate need only post a response here, indicating intent. No stats will need to be submitted, though it is HIGHLY recommended to be prepared with some stat sets you plan to run with, at least vaguely.

Pose any questions here, and I'll be more than happy to answer them.

FAQ:

Will Umbra Magicks be allowed?

Unfortunately, no. I am not requiring people to have access to them, so those that DO possess them will have a distinctly unfair advantage.

Can I use Hexproof/Battle Cry/*secret weapon*?

Yes. Yes you can. The only weapons (currently) banned from the competition are augmented Blood Lance and Maneater. Unaugmented versions are perfectly allowed, however.

Can my Spirit use Leech?

No. Leech restores :HP:, which is not allowed in the tournament matches.

Can my Spirit use Sap? Recharge+? Aether Drink? MP Gift?

Yes, of course. The rule is only against restoring :HP: with techs and spells. Restoring :MP: is perfectly allowed.

Can I use Brave/Faith/*-All Buffs?

Naturally. That's the primary reason Spirits are joining in this time! With the advent of the new -All buff mechanics, battles should take place with a player and his/her Spirit ally.

Can I use my Spirit's Buff/Debuff?

Yes! Of course! None of them heal your :HP: or break any other rules proposed, so there's no reason why not!

Can I use Haste?

Yes.

If we are not submitting stats, won't the changing between battles be a pissing match where people try to out-do the other...? How will we ever get to actually start the matches?

Once the tournament begins, and lasting until it ends, every player who has entered will have his/her scan blocked out. Only the player him/herself (and the Inferno admins) will be able to see those players' scans. If I or another member of the team participates this time, we'll be locked from seeing the other players' stats, as well, to keep us honest.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 15 October 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#2 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Just to get the ball rolling and because I need a nice spot of competition every now and then, I'll join in on this tournament. Joined all the others, why break precedent?

2j87ib.jpg

#3 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'll definitely join, especially if I have time to finish this chapter and break the current cap. Two levels over the cap? Yes plz.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#4 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

>Cannot use Chanterelle. :<

Fine.
Posted Image

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

Chanterelle more like poopterelle

147.png

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

BUMP. We only have two participants so far and I'm not going to run this with less than six. I'll join to push it to six if we have five and I MIGHT be able to convince Val to join and push it to six with me if we have four, but two cannot be pushed to six with just inferno team involvement. Three could, if he-who-must-not-be-named decides to join and prove to everyone how good he is.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#7 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Can I join? I'll put up a fight with my very small might.

Edited by Lexaeus, 23 August 2012 - 01:37 PM.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#8 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:16 PM

if he-who-must-not-be-named decides to join and prove to everyone how good he is.

2 names come into mind, one of them involves scooby snacks another involves muffin mix.

#9 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

You know I'm in this. Kain might be too but Im not certain. I'd like to see more people join in though.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#10 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

I'd love to join but I can't. xP

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#11 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

So whose in? (will join if there is enough ppl).

#12 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Now that I can participate, count me in O:

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

Participants:

Artemis
Lexaeus
Dexel
Mabel
Xanius
Reservoir

so Griever would make 7, and Ralor (if he decides to join) would make 8, and i'll jump in if needed to round out the 8.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 03 September 2012 - 03:41 PM.

a5g7ld.gif

#14 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Iggy you made a me mistake.

http://www.knightly-...hp?do=scan&u=31

#15 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

No, I made no mistake. Lex wants to compete, and I won't say no to him. There's a level CAP in place. No level floor.

Well, unless you mean forgetting Dexel in the lineup, then yeah, that was a mistake.

a5g7ld.gif

#16 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:42 PM

You must also at least have reached Rabanastre in order to join.

>.> you did but Ok <.< That's why Dion didn't join until now :O

Or you can open it to everybody o.o which would be cool cus then King can join.

#17 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

I thought I posted? Of course I'm in.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#18 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

~The Swift Winded Archer Has Returned~

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#19 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

I hereby enter my name into the KG Inferno Tournament.
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#20 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Roy and Mac are in this? Oh shet. I really will need to pick up the pace.

2j87ib.jpg