12 replies to this topic

#1 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Grass swayed as a small breeze blew through the plain, and the sun was just beginning to set, turning the sky a subdued shade of orange. The ground was perfectly flat, with nothing in sight to hide behind - or in - for quite a ways. In the middle of the field stood a silver-haired boy, who was lazily leaning on a big knightsword with the tip stuck in the ground. He might've seemed at peace to others in a place like this, but really, he was irritated. That archer had said he'd be here around this time.

-x-

Ken yawned, obviously not impressed with the sights. All he knew was that Roy had better show up before it got dark. It was supposed to be a one-on-one contest, and he'd rather not have any sort of Heartless or other creatures ruin it.

2j87ib.jpg

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Roy ran his fingers through his scalp as he walked from the distance.

"I guess you really do want to spar with me. Tell me. Are you quick enough to avoid my arrows?"

He tugged on his quiver and gripped on his bow's handle as he walked a bit closer. This allowed him to be in striking range, if Kendrick would walk forward a bit, for his opponent.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Ken looked over at Roy and tugged his sword out of the dirt, a slight smirk on his face, "Avoid your arrows? Please. You make it sound like they're even a threat." His face hardened as he tightened his hold on the knightsword. Despite his words, Ken didn't think it would be easy.

Wanting to spare no more time with chitchat, Ken rushed at the archer as electricity danced along his blade, and he swung horizontally (left ---> right) at Roy as soon as the boy was in range. If the archer dodged, Ken would step up towards his opponent as electricity continued to course through his knightsword, and used his momentum from the earlier strike to follow up with a vertical slash.

2j87ib.jpg

#4 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

"Well if you say so."

Roy backed up as Ken began his attack. As soon as he made his horizontal strike Roy gave a good jump backwards. He would then dodge to the side as Ken's next attack followed.

"Is that all you got?" Roy would say when he got the chance.

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#5 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

[NOTE: This is the last of these battles that I'm willing to GM for you guys~ Any further fighting will only take place in the RP itself. Thanks.]

Ken's first slash hit its mark, severely injuring Roy, though the second attack missed completely.

[spoiler=Results]
Kendrick [ 22 ]

Roy [ 17 ] => [ 7 ]
[ -10 ] Zapra Charge
[ - 0 ] Zapra Charge [MISS]
[/spoiler]

#6 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

Kendrick grinned as the archer talked tough despite being hit so hard, and brought the knightsword up over his head as he slashed at Roy in a downward motion, as if he was about to cleave him in half. More than likely, the boy would dodge again and gain some distance, so after that, if Roy still stood, Ken would raise his sword up in preparation to block any arrows that might be shot at him.

2j87ib.jpg

#7 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

Roy attempted to dodge to the side again. If he was able to do so he would jump a couple of times backwards to gain some distance.

"Oh man that really hurt."

As he landed, in midair he grabbed an arrow from the quiver and placed the wood pole area in his mouth. Right when he landed he would go for another arrow and make his archery form.

Roy began to run around Ken in a circle with as much speed as he could. The moment Ken's back was in clear aim he would shoot a well aimed arrow at any openings in his defenses. If he couldn't get behind Ken he would simply do another jump backwards and make his well aimed shot into an a hole in his defense.

"I came here to figure out what does a hunter do when he has no where to run?"

#8 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

Ken's overhand slash missed terribly, Roy escaping unscathed.

Roy backed up to gain his distance.

Roy's arrow struck Ken's sword, hard, causing Ken to stagger back a step. Despite guarding, he could definitely feel the sting.

[spoiler=Results]
Kendrick [ 22 ] => [ 16 ]
[ -6 ] Attack+Target

Roy [ 7 ]
(2 Stam used)
[ - 0 ] Grand Cleave [MISS]

Note: You have 4 Stamina you can use every turn. Moving costs no stamina. Dodging, blocking, and attacking each do. Attacking costs Stamina according to the Techs being used. "Target" costs 0 Stamina on its own. It can be combined with any offensive Tech you know, increasing its accuracy at the expense of a bit of power. You don't NEED to use all 4 Stamina every turn, but in a 1v1 situation such as this, using any less than 4 only leaves you at a disadvantage.
[/spoiler]

#9 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ken, to his surprise, staggered a bit as Roy's arrow connected with his sword. That was not expected. Seems distance would have to be a thing he would not give Roy after all. Rushing after him as fast as he could, Ken charged up his sword with electricity. If he managed to get close enough, he would swing twice at Roy, electricity fading away after the strikes (Zapra Charge x2) before following up with a powerful overhand slash at the boy.

If Roy proved too fast, he would curse under his breath and just wait to block any arrows sent at him.

2j87ib.jpg

#10 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

Roy, seeing Ken coming forward, would pull out another arrow from his quiver and shoot an air cutting shot at him. He would then start jogging backwards while keeping his boy trained on Ken to keep the distance. He would then follow up with vitally aimed arrow(Vital: Aim D:).

If he wasn't able to keep the distance he would try to dodge all three strikes and back up to gain distance again.

"Does he bare his fangs? Does he become like the animals he has hunted for his work? Or does he maintain his thoughts, the thing that has made him a hunter? Can you tell me this?"

Edited by Kingroy, 21 August 2012 - 10:02 PM.

#11 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Roy's first arrow struck Ken hard as he ran toward Roy.

Roy's fleet feet allowed him to maintain the distance between the two as they both ran in the same direction. Ken could not catch up.

Roy's second arrow was strangely weaker than the first, but Ken would feel the arrow strike a nerve. His arms felt ten tons heavier. Then his whole body would as he slumped to his knees, then to the grass, defeated.

Victor: Roy Ventus IV

[spoiler=Results]
Kendrick [ 16 ] => [ 0 ]
[ -9 ] Aerora Flurry
[ -7 ] Aim:Vitals [disable]

Roy [ 7 ]

[/spoiler]

#12 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Roy stopped in his tracks as Ken hit the ground. He slowly walked over to Ken and bent down on his knees to get to level with him.

"Apparently you don't know either."

He then went to collect his arrows. After doing that he would head back over to Ken and put his hands out to offer him assistance.

#13 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

Ken was more than upset - really, he was furious with himself. One measly archer. One measly archer and he had just lost to him. At this rate he could forget about taking on Zon. Roy said something about him not knowing either and went to retrieve his arrows.

The boy then held out his hands to help Ken, much to his further agitation. Ken spat, "I'm not a damn child, I can get up myself." Despite his whole body feeling heavy, he got up and sheathed his knightsword before turning and walking away.

2j87ib.jpg