#1 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

The World Ends With You -Solo Remix- | SQUARE ENIX

o1cEQGOZutI

The teaser countdown from Square Enix has ended and an iOS port has been officially confirmed. Filled with new additions and revamps, The World Ends With You - Solo Remix has your game partner fighting alongside you during battle, new Fusion attacks, wireless Tin Pin Slammer, Twitter integration, wireless friend card exchange, retina display support, redrawn in-game art, and new songs and remixes!
Click the images to enlarge!

Posted Image

"Activate your combat abilities or 'psychs,' with simple touch commands like tapping, slashing, and dragging. Comfy with that? Control Neku and his Game partner on the same screen and take the combat up a notch. Like Loot? Boost your item drops in battle with the revamped Fusion system."

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

"Use the pins you equip in the main story to play Tin Pin Slammer! Take on other players with iPhones or iPads and copies of The World Ends With You, and be the first to knock your opponents' pins off the table!"

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

"Enjoy the game in full HD on your Retina - enabled iPhone 4 or later device. Art and animation across the game has been redrawn for the release, making combat a beautiful experience. This is how all 2D classics should look."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

"Composer Takeharu Ishimoto's complete, sonically sublime soundtrack is included right in the game with high quality audio and full vocals, including remixes and new songs."

Posted Image

"The world doesn't end with Shibuya. Tap into the internet and populate the minds of in-game street goers with tweets of your choice."

Posted Image

Exchange profiles with other players, and their avatars will appear in the streets of Shibuya! If your friends have twitter accounts, their avatar will think their latest tweet! Not only that, you receive free items for every trade!"

Posted Image

The World Ends With You - Solo Remix will be available tomorrow, August 27th, for $17.99/£12.99 and $19.99/£13.99 for the iPhone/iPad in the iTunes App Store.

Edited by Crimson Crashing, 26 August 2012 - 11:39 PM.

Posted Image

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

#2 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

meh. I'm not too excited about this. Ports are ports, regardless of new features. I'll probably pick it up, though.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Way too expensive for an iphone game regardless of how awesome it is.

147.png

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Final Fantasy Dimensions is releasing at a whooping 30 bucks. Square is kinda going overboard right now.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Final Fantasy I and II are 9 bucks and Tactics is 16. If they dropped those prices in half they'd be worth picking up.

147.png

#6 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yep.

People who haven't played/heard of TWEWY aren't going to be very likely to shell out all that dough for a game they hardly know about.

Square's target audience is going to be the players who enjoyed the original, and I doubt they are going to spend all that cash for something they can open their DS for, regardless of the new features.
Posted Image

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

#7 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yep.

People who haven't played/heard of TWEWY aren't going to be very likely to shell out all that dough for a game they hardly know about.

Square's target audience is going to be the players who enjoyed the original, and I doubt they are going to spend all that cash for something they can open their DS for, regardless of the new features.

True enough. The price will likely be seeing a drop, anyway. FFTWoTL got a 4 dollar drop, so I don't see why this won't. The new art is so smexy tho...

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#8 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

The World Ends With You -crossover- Original Soundtrack has been revealed with a release date of September 20th, 2012 for ¥1,890 (approximately $23.99 USD).

Posted Image
Click to Enlarge

The soundtrack includes all the original pieces along with remixes of Calling, Someday, and Twister from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, as well as new arrangements from the upcoming iOS version.
Posted Image

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

The World Ends With You -crossover- Original Soundtrack has been revealed with a release date of September 20th, 2012 for ¥1,890 (approximately $23.99 USD).

Posted Image
Click to Enlarge

The soundtrack includes all the original pieces along with remixes of Calling, Someday, and Twister from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, as well as new arrangements from the upcoming iOS version.

whoop. I have a new soundtrack to pirate. :D No way I'm paying 24 bucks for a bunch of music i technically already own. >___>

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#10 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:30 AM

Just to be clear with anyone looking to purchase the game, The World Ends With You -Solo Remix- is NOT compatible with iTouch. It is only compatible with iphone 4/4S and the iPad. It was believed before that it would run on iTouch, but this is no longer the case.
Posted Image

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

So I picked this up today. Just beat Day 1. Not too many changes besides the whole fight with your partner on one screen thing (which I'm still trying to get a hang of). It's looking pretty gorgeous, though and definitely retains the awesomeness of the original. Idt it was worth the 20 bucks I coughed up for it, though. :/ Just upgraded visuals and remixed music, really.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#12 Crimson Crashing

Crimson Crashing

Page

• Page
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

So I picked this up today. Just beat Day 1. Not too many changes besides the whole fight with your partner on one screen thing (which I'm still trying to get a hang of). It's looking pretty gorgeous, though and definitely retains the awesomeness of the original. Idt it was worth the 20 bucks I coughed up for it, though. :/ Just upgraded visuals and remixed music, really.

You also have the twitter integration and the wireless Tin Pin Slammer. When I can spare the cash, I'll get it on my iPhone and we can try it out. <3
Posted Image

#13 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:25 PM

You also have the twitter integration and the wireless Tin Pin Slammer. When I can spare the cash, I'll get it on my iPhone and we can try it out. <3

sweet stuff. tell me when you pick it up.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

Surprise Ending of The World Ends With You Remake Teases Sequel

Apparently the ending teases a possible sequel.

o. snap.

147.png

#15 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

I broke down and spent half of my itunes balance on TWEWY after a crapload of internal debate. womp womp. Hopefully it's as good a second time around :D

147.png

#16 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

What do you think so far? How far are you?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#17 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Eh, I just did the tut battles and gave it a rest for the time being since I had to go run some errands. I worry about the partner pins overlapping my natural fighting style and the whole alternating between neku and partner to up the sync really really sucks because it tends to ruin the flow of combat i feel.

Example:

I ran a lot of Jupiter of the Monkey slashing pins. They're my main method of mayhem in the regular game and I build sets around them. I slash the crap out of enemies and have a backup Jupiter to deliver a single strong blow when I got the puck passed to Neku. Something like the charge up attacks or a lance type pin. The rest of my pins were stall tactics to use while Jupiter was recharging, stuff like Lightning Rook etc etc and some healing.

With Shiki being a tap, it may overlap some pins i use that are tap to activate. Also Josh I read is a slash, which may ruin my entire Jupiter of the Monkey pin set. It feels like I'm going to end up not using it at all, but puck passing was a pretty vital strategy for dealing damage to high ranking enemies in TWEWY.

Also no stylus feels really weird.

EDIT//

Finished Day 2 with the Shikster and I actually recant that whole post so far. I kind of get the idea now since all I do is set Shiki to spam her three hit combo and then attack with Neku. The pacing of the shots is more or less even so that % climbs really quickly.

How do you play this game without the Hollow Leg Sticker!? UGHH.

Also, Shutdown PP is gonna be a pain because no timeskipping. Not a huge fan of that, but I'll find a way to make it work, I think.

Edited by Valor, 08 September 2012 - 06:13 PM.