10 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image

Big Boss returns in the latest installment in the MGS series which is looking to be released on the PS3, 360 and PC somewhere in the future. Although no release dates have been announced, one thing is for certain; this game is going to kick some serious ass. Gorgeous visuals, a product of Konami's new FOX engine, allow the game to look better than most any game on the market currently. Don't believe me? Check it out yourself here:

yhDZDgyrTLc

The game supposedly has a brand new open world environment, where the player will be able to traverse long distances by calling a helicopter. Not much besides this has been revealed about the gameplay and the style of the game. Check back here for updates and discuss this upcoming monster of a game here.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

It looks nice visually, but I feel it falls into the uncanny valley at points, which just makes me feel gross inside instead of awestruck.

147.png

#3 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

>FOX Engine was built for Consoles
>The graphics must be fake

Pfffffffffffft. I saw the FOX Engine before and I was all like @_@ my gosh. Now that I see it with gameplay I'm like D: MY GOSH. I don't want them to sell it really...BUT it would be awesome to see this engine on more than one series.

Also what's the Uncanny Valley?

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

It looks nice visually, but I feel it falls into the uncanny valley at points, which just makes me feel gross inside instead of awestruck.

What points make you say this? I think the animations and stuff are fluid enough. Though, sometimes, I do admit, the movements that some characters are robotic in MGS

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

Uncanny valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, it's when something looks lifelike but it's just... off... enough that it falls in a very surreal sense of reality. When I look at the rocks during the gameplay, they feel weird to me. Like they're a photo, but they aren't a photo because it isn't exactly correct. They're like TOO shiny at times and it throws me off. Also the backs of people looks like it's a film, but their faces are still incredibly video game, so it's a wonky sense of... understanding the graphics in a sense.

The movements are definitely off. Just by a bit. It's too perfect instead of flawed, you know?

This is for me, at least. It's gorgeous, it really is, but in an unsettling sort of way.

147.png

#6 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

Uncanny valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, it's when something looks lifelike but it's just... off... enough that it falls in a very surreal sense of reality. When I look at the rocks during the gameplay, they feel weird to me. Like they're a photo, but they aren't a photo because it isn't exactly correct. They're like TOO shiny at times and it throws me off. Also the backs of people looks like it's a film, but their faces are still incredibly video game, so it's a wonky sense of... understanding the graphics in a sense.

The movements are definitely off. Just by a bit. It's too perfect instead of flawed, you know?

This is for me, at least. It's gorgeous, it really is, but in an unsettling sort of way.

Ah. Yeah, I can see what you mean. It might be because you're not all too familiar with MGS art style? It seems fine to me. o.o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#7 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. That makes sense. But most games aren't really able to touch upon that stuff. The only other game I think has such realistic errors is Spec Ops: The Line but then I'm just going by memory.

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

Ah. Yeah, I can see what you mean. It might be because you're not all too familiar with MGS art style? It seems fine to me. o.o

Their art style appears to be as naturalistic as possible for the most part with the very japanese faces/hairs etc. It's actually paying it a compliment that it looks almost like it was shot like an actual live action movie.

147.png

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Their art style appears to be as naturalistic as possible for the most part with the very japanese faces/hairs etc. It's actually paying it a compliment that it looks almost like it was shot like an actual live action movie.

Yep. That's what you find in MGS2/MGS3/MGS4/MGSPW/MGSPO. It works for the series pretty well, imo. Though I can see why people that aren't dedicated fans might find it weird.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#10 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

You know what I noticed? Big Boss doesn't have a magical bag/utility belt. Here he literally has his stuff on him. I don't think that has happened in an MGS game to date. I'm guessing MGS: GZ is gonna be harder than it's past games. Also if their is truly no health bar or ammo icon (I would be surprise) then I might just poop my pants. Gonna be so cool/difficult. ;-; And dat Big Boss Extreme.

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

You know what I noticed? Big Boss doesn't have a magical bag/utility belt. Here he literally has his stuff on him. I don't think that has happened in an MGS game to date. I'm guessing MGS: GZ is gonna be harder than it's past games. Also if their is truly no health bar or ammo icon (I would be surprise) then I might just poop my pants. Gonna be so cool/difficult. ;-; And dat Big Boss Extreme.

It's too early to speculate. But I'm sure it won't be that bad. MGS is pretty lenient to people that suck.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg