• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

So my laptop's keyboard is acting PRETTY stupid. I can't use my Left Shift Key with the zxcvm,./ keys and the space key. ._- I've tried installing and reinstalling the keyboard driver but it didn't work. I don't know if I have to wait or something but what I've tried is just poop.

It hasn't acted like this before. I did shook some water on it by mistake BUT it wasn't a lot, I've made worst spills on other keyboards, and I dried it off.

Now I know all of the keys work BUT the shift will now..."connect" with those mentioned keys. Like if I hold down shift while pressing a key the typing line will not budge.

I need some help from someone more tech savy than me D:< if you help I'll give you a cookie yoh.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#2 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Next time you spill.

Remove power and batteries from object.

Remove water or whatever was spilled.

Reintroduce power and batteries.

If you dont do this then your circuits may be shorted, etc. Too bad. Maybe it will fix itself, maybe you need a new keyboard. Perhaps waterproof?

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#3 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

You gets no cookies

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#4 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Lol It's funny but I think the problem is a something you did via keyboard like for instance for awhile with my old keyboard a combination I pressed made it impossible for me to use the space as anything but delete, also I wasn't able to use my shift key for anything and when in combinations with a bunch of other stuffy it was all type of wacky. Bet Waker can tell you what you did.

Edited by Griever, 17 September 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Use the right shift key

Cookie. Nao.

147.png

#6 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

I emailed it to you >:3.

No but srsly I've thought about that like right after.

#7 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Did you manage to get it fixed yet? You seem to be typing fine now o.o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#8 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

>.>

Left Shift Key works with certain rows. Right Shift Key Works with certain rows. Typing fine but not comfortably.

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Well, you need to see if it's a software problem or a hardware problem first. Plug in an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, it's a hardware problem and you'll likely have to get your keyboard replaced for it to work fine. Other wise, it's a driver/software problem, in which case you should run a diagnostics on your computer and possibly try cleaning your Driver Cache. Do this by cleaning your HDD (Right click from My Computer and HD Cleanup or something along those lines) and clicking the "delete temporary files" button.

Hope this helps.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#10 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm believing it's a software problem because of past problems and the fact that the cap locks key is also acting funny (it has a light and it's light won't go off), which it did in the past (I forgot how I fixed it).

I'm having trouble doing what you said for a software problem tho. O_o. I'm looking around for something to cleanup the temp files but I'm a bit lost smh. Any hints?

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'm believing it's a software problem because of past problems and the fact that the cap locks key is also acting funny (it has a light and it's light won't go off), which it did in the past (I forgot how I fixed it).

I'm having trouble doing what you said for a software problem tho. O_o. I'm looking around for something to cleanup the temp files but I'm a bit lost smh. Any hints?

Go to My Computer and right click your main harddrive

Posted Image

Open up properties andddd

Posted Image

then you get that window. Click Disk Cleanup. This will show you a little prompt that might take a while to pop up a menu.

Posted Image

And just tick everything off. But make sure the temp files is clicked off. Then hit ok.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#12 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

It can't be a driver problem, smh.

The issue happened after he spilled water on it, did it not? You guys, seriously. You guys. It's not like that water had some viruses on it.

I would just find out what keyboard you have and look up whether or not other people with that product had similar issues.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#13 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thank you Waker.

It's like they don't even consider listening to me. But at least they listen to you.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#14 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

I did spill water on it but it didn't immediately affect it and also the key slots weren't really where the water hit. It was like a splash of water near the space bar. >.> After I realized the left shift key was acting weird, I then realized the right shift key was as well.

Left shift key can operate with most, if not all, of the upper keys. From A-' and from Q-|
The right key only operates with all of the bottom area including A-' and z-/

What's even weirder is that the left shift key can manipulate BN which are at the bottom and the right shift key can manipulate TY.

And if I press the Left shift key in a special way I can produce "?".

._. Also my cap locks light is on all the time...but it goes from a bit dim to bright instead of off to bright. This has happened before...

Oh and my F11/Mute button light doesn't flick on but lol again this has happened before. I can fix this by re-installing this IDT control panel (which I need to get to because it's gone faulty for the 2nd time.)...

So yeah. My laptop is a weirdo.