a seasonal survival-horror roleplay event
The Set Up
You awaken along with a few others in a shabby, run-down inn on the border of a town called Dusk Hollow. You can't remember why you were asleep, but every step you take in the town you can feel the hairs standing at attention on the back of your neck.
The sun never rises in this small, empty town. There are a handful of houses, but few residents seem to live in this place. Those who you do meet are strange, at best. No matter how far you walk down the winding road that leads out of Dusk Hollow, you always arrive right back at the side of the town you just left. Something, or someone, is keeping you here.
The Rules and Survival Tips
In addition to our regular Role Play Section Rules, there are the following:
1. Stay Active - If you don't stay active, you might not like the consequences
2. Time Limit - This roleplay will begin on October 1st and run until October 31st
3. Exploration - Feel free to go anywhere and do anything. Take things that you think might help you. Search around for other objects. There is no limit on this, and exploration is encouraged.
4. Talking to NPCs - there are a few rooted NPCs that you can converse with. They have limited knowledge, and some may be more helpful than others in uncovering the mystery of the town and keeping you alive.
5. Combat - There are no stats. There is no rolling for damage output. Sometimes it's more prudent to flee than fight.
6. Stay In-Character - This is pretty important, I feel. When things are pretty ominous, you should likely respond to it. Bravery isn't exactly going to be rewarded, especially if you're toe to toe with something that will eviscerate you without hesitation.
7. Keep your Objective in Mind - Since you're trying to survive the roleplay, you'll want to try and figure out what is going on. There are clues and information scattered about, so be diligent and work together.
Please fill out the following template if you're interested in joining this roleplay:
You can fill out as much or little as you like, but mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
If you have any questions, please post them and I'll respond to them.