2037 replies to this topic

#1401 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:13 PM

Zoey left the SMART room rubbing her shoulder, eyes at the floor. She got so far, and yet it all meant nothing, because in the end, she couldn't hold her own against a single man. She looked at the time, and, seeing it was well past seven, turned to hurry to Mrs. Praesant's office. She would, however, stop and talk to Mr. Hendricks, if he interjected or if she saw him.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#1402 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

As soon as Zoey stumbled out of her training session, she would encounter Professor Hendricks, who pulled her aside to give her the rundown of all that had been covered in the meeting. She had missed the whole thing, and he had a lot to cover. The two would sit and he would explain everything, verbatim, as Allison had recited it, until Zoey was up-to-speed.

He left her with a pat on the head and a simple message, "The whole class is going to be meeting up in the Grand Foyer bright and early tomorrow, so try not to be too late." He then took a near elevator and shot up and away from her.

The night would pass, as nights tend to do. The students would retire to their quarters, as would the teachers, and the moon would fall from its perch, paving the way for its sister, the sun, to rise up and usher in a fresh day for the students of Praesent Academy...

[ Intermission II - END ]

2lsei50.png

[ ACT II ]

[ Scene I | Praesent Academy for the Exceptionally Gifted ]

[ 8:17 AM | April 12 2013 ]

The school was peaceful and quiet so early in the morning. Classes didn't begin for another forty-three minutes, which meant most of the student body lay nestled in their beds, snoozing with myriad degrees of comfort, oblivious to what was transpiring far across the city. The man called Haven was plotting... preparing for something heinous, no doubt. Something a certain gaggle of less-than-qualified students would need to band together to stop.

Class oh-one-two-dash-three. The third class in the twelfth year of the new millennium. They had been assembled for precisely this purpose. Allison gazed down at the currently-empty Grand Foyer from her perch atop the banister. They were ready. She could feel it. Today, the students would receive new teams. More focused training. This was personal, and there was no way Allison would let this imposter get one up on her. No way in hell.

The soft sound of a curtain rustling, accompanied by the smell of rotten eggs caused Allison to look behind her, but she saw nothing. She must have been hearing things. She sniffed; the scent had gone. Peculiar. But then again, peculiar was what this whole school was.

Forty-three minutes to wait... what should she do until then?

2lsei50.png

[ 8:38 AM | April 12 2012 ]

Allison sported gym shorts and a mesh jersey, with sweat bands around her wrists, ankles, and forehead. Her feet gripped around the base of the banister; hands locked behind her head. She was doing crunches, dangling out over the Grand Foyer. What better way to spend her time than with a little light exercise?

"One hundred and twenty-three," she whispered through gritted teeth.

"One hundred and twenty-four."

"Twenty-five."

"Twenty-six."

She was deep in concentration.

However, it wasn't long after this that a young boy made of stone trotted down the stairs into the foyer and took up a seat at the edge of the statue. He was first to arrive. He simply sat there, his head bobbing up and down with Allison's rhythmic workout, as though he were listening to some Metallica.

Today was the beginning of the end, yet none of the students could possibly know it, yet.

#1403 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Axel out of the bed, quite literally, and went on his routine of getting ready for the day. After getting dressed, Axel took something from out of the closet and stuffed it into his book bag before he went down to go grab some breakfast in the form of cereal. After his light breakfast he made his way outside to get some fresh air. He was sure that he would need some time to himself in the future so he wanted to grab a little more before the meeting. After about fifteen minutes of the sun touching his face and the wind caressing his nostrils, he made his way to the grand foyer, most likely coming in after a couple of people were already seated. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#1404 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:41 PM

Zoey went through her early morning routine much the same as any other day. Shower, swim, shower, eat, however, instead of class, she went to the Grand Foyer.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#1405 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

She slept soundly, a great night for her, quite the restful night. She got dressed in a pair of blue short shorts and a purple tanktop. She didn't feel like getting all snazzy today, and felt quite happy wearing as little clothing as possible, save for the bra and of course panties. Without much thought she ate a bit of food, not feeling all that hungry she only finished half her meal before heading into the foyer. She wasn't expecting to see Axel there first, immediate regret flushed in her stomach. Her earphones were in and she was listening to some music something quite poppy, but talked a lot about being a different person tonight.  She half danced her way to Axel before she plopped right next to him. She tried her best to be as nonchalant about it as possible. She glanced over at him, and took her earphones off. "Can you still hear?" She cracked a slight cruel smile.

#1406 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Axel stared blanky at Ellie as she plopped down. He wasn't so sure why she had a change. Maybe she turned a new leaf or maybe she's just bipolar. He couldn't tell but he decided to get some sweet, and slightly terrible, payback. As she spoke to him, his blank face twisted to a confused and struggling one. He sighed a little, almost as if he was in a state depression and covered his mouth as if to hide something. He then shook his head and uncovered his mouth. "I CAN'T HEAR YOU. THE NURSE SAID I'D HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SHE KNEW MORE ABOUT EARS BEFORE SHE COULD FIX EM. THE BEST I CAN DO IS READ LIPS AND IM HORRIBLE AT THAT." Axel yelled. He wanted to break into a smile but he also didn't want to break his act.

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#1407 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

It was another day and on this other day Shine had gotten up extremely early to have a shower, which hadn't done so in a while and that fact disgusted her. She would've tried to do so when there was nearly no one around since she really didn't like the idea of showering while other people were around, even if they used separate stalls. Stalls tended to bring back terrible memories from a camping trip she took one time. After her session of scrubbing herself clean, to the point where her skin and hair felt softer than usual, Shine would've dressed herself up in her usual outfit, only her hoodie had a green alien head design on it over the usual cat. Before she left she stocked up on sweets, throwing in two lollypops into her pockets and four pieces of hard candy. In her mouth she sucked on a cream flavoured lollypop while listening to some upbeat jazz which she usual listened to when she was free running around town to pass time or get away from a few trouble makers. She'd then make her way to the Grand Foyer and take her place at one of the seats in the corner, not too close to anyone else.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#1408 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Ellie scooted closer to him, and took a finger under his chin as she mouthed to him very slowly, "I... Came.. To... Apologize." She licked her lips after the word came, as hilarious as that sounds it was simply because her lips were dry. She then after mouthing put her hand around the back of his neck and pulled closer to him as she whispered in his ear. "You know, since you can't hear this, I just wanted to let you know I feel entirely terrible about hurting you. I'm sorry, truly sorry. I'm going to be a difficult person just for fun, but I really don't mean any ill-will towards you like that again. I was really defensive, too defensive, and I see you were just trying to hold your hand out... Anyways, I'm sorry... And.. I'll make it upto you someway~" she said almost playfully... With a simple sly and very seductive lick toward his ear lobe she playfully gripped the back of his neck, she went to bite down on his earlobe gently as she  purred slightly. After only a few moments her purr turned to a growl as she bit down on it quite hard. Not hard enough to draw blood but it would be quite sore and painful for him. She would relinquish his ear and give him a condescending grin before scrunching her face in an all out happy chuckle through her teeth. "You shouldn't lie, accidents might happen~" She smirked as she kept an eye lock on him. "I did mean what I said tho. I really am sorry."

#1409 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

"HAWT SHIT." Axel howled in pain. 

He quickly grasped his ear after Ellie let go and rubbed it gently. Although he was still sore, he laughed like the idiot he was for thinking it would work.

"Well. One of these days I'm going to get you..."

Axel noticed what he said and cleared his throat to break the awkwardness.

"Of course I meant- Well you know what I meant. No need to thank me. I never thanked my gramps for always being there for me so I don't deserve the same back. Instead, the only thing I want you as a friend to do is be a friend. That's selfish of me, I know."

Axel broke into a grin as he placed his hands back at his sides.

"I'm sure you probably have some messed up definition of a friend, but don't worry I'll help you along the way. And just so you know, not to brag as if this is a competition but more so to warn you...I have my own ways too...Wouldn't be surprised if you looked at me different when you notice them."

#1410 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Her eyes held a dangerous shadow as she peered through Axel, "oh please, explain." Her smile became more amused, he might think she MAY have been joking with him but after a few more moments he'd realize she was entirely serious. "I know what a friend is supposed to be. I know when people force it on others to." She raised an eyebrow at Axel as her gaze never left boy a sly crease in her lips. "A competition, I love competing. But your ways aren't my ways, and I'm going to try and be better, but please." She moved closer to him only a few inches away eyes still locked onto his, "Explain to me what are your ways, are you threatening me...?"

#1411 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

((OoC: The Grand Foyer is an open foyer. There's no seating. It's a cool marble floor with a tall statue of Alexander in the center; his head reaches up to the third floor's overhang. Aside from that, the stairs, and the elevator pods, the foyer is empty.))

Jack went for her morning run before the sun had even come up. It was a lovely day. She made a mental note to head outside after the class mission or whatever they were gearing up for that morning. After showering, she tugged on a shirt that sported the gargantuan head and sickle-shaped hair of an oft-forgotten secondary character from a rather outstanding show about aliens. She wanted one of his sister, but they all had full-body and none just focused on the head, which is all she really wanted. She tugged on her tan cargo shorts and slipped her feet into tattered old sneakers. On her way out, she snatched her scarf from atop her dresser and wrapped it about her neck, pulling the two ends through the loop so it looked quite fancy. She let it hang loose and trotted off to the meeting, hands tucked neatly in her pockets. She paused for a moment in the common room and hopped over to the boys' hall to look down it. She hadn't seen Dale around in a while and had gotten to wondering if he was avoiding her. In fact... her face dropped. Ever since he had trained with Amala... she hadn't seen either of them. Probably just busy, she reasoned to herself with a curt shake of her head.

Down the stairs she trotted, taking note of the Headmaster's odd choice of morning exercise. A few others had gathered around, already. Ellie seemed busy making pleasantries with the boy she hurt yesterday, so Jack skirted around her, flashing a brief smile and wave when she passed in front of Ellie. She'd hold up both hands and shake her head if Ellie tried to evade Axel, as if to say, "NO YOU KEEP TALKING TO HIM I AM FINE." Her face would scrunch up, with angry-brows while she made the gestures, to drive the point home.

Instead, Jack slid up to the other who had arrived already, Shine. Jack had never really spoken much with the shadowy girl, despite fighting alongside her a few times already. Her but struck the marble beside Shine and she pulled her legs in, crossed Indian style, and she nudged the girl with an elbow. "Hey-o, shady-lady, what's up?"

#1412 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

"Threat? What. No. You're not Blaine. If I'm going to threaten you or your ego it'll be direct. Like I'll kick you in your shins or something...I don't know. I'm saying that apparently I'm twisted. By others perspectives at least. You just better not sucker punch me for it. I've had enough of those..."

"I want to stop this cycle from repeating itself. This cycle where mutants are fighting to be equals. I know we're shown off as equals, but in truth we're not treated the same as "normal" folk. I can get why but there's some trouble with it. Why must I go be forced into Praesent or face jail? Normal people don't just have one choice for life. They have plenty of potential. They believe we're too dangerous."

Axel paused and bit his lip in a frustrated manner.

"Now here's the kicker. We are dangerous. If we continue this cycle there will only be two outcomes...Either we, the iconic heroes, effectively stop this cycle OR they, the oppressed mutant extremists, are successful in their mission. Them being successful often come with extremes, hence the title extremists. I'm sorry if this sounds horrible but I can't fathom why. Endgame solution, we actually take steps to improve the system so that mutants aren't oppressed and don't feel a need to "free" themselves."

Axel shrugged and turned his eyes in the other direction. He was dead serious about his feelings on the topic but he didn't want to look in her face if she felt disgusted. 

#1413 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

Shine swirled her lollypop and stared at the ground thinking about her cakes. She hadn't given out her cake to the team, in fact the only who had eaten cake was Robert and it was the spare cake she made. She wondered if he liked it. Someone started to nudge her which broke her concentration and moved her head to face the mutant. It was Jack which made her smile and perk her head up. She was nice person and Shine liked her so she was slightly glad she started to talk to her.

"H-hey Jack. I'm alright, listening to music, thinking about things and suckin on a sweet lollypop like always" she smiled and placed her hands in her pockets. She looked down at the ground again then shot her head back to Jack when she remember what she had been thinking about. "Oh, speaking of sweet things, yesterday I didn't really get a chance to say so but I made some cake for the team. It's down in the kitchens fridge so you can go help yourself whenever" Shine nodded once and hoped Jack would like the cake when she got the chance to try it. She looked back down at the ground before speaking again.  "How've you been?" she then asked.

Edited by The Dream, 10 April 2013 - 10:58 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#1414 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

She grabbed his chin and headbutted him a little, as if trying to make it friendly and not so awkward pulling a bit away from him. It wasn't hard in the least barely even a bump. "Axel, you are speaking my language. I just got done talking to Allison and fro-" She waved over to Frosty as she passed by being super enthusiastic about it before returning to her dealings with Axel. "I've decided with your help and everyone elses, I will abolish crime. Some new info brought to my attention last night, requires me to demolish and bring Haven to justice. It also inspired me to take down every, single crime organization in connection to Milencia. It doesn't matter to me how far, I have to go, I will purify this city. And I will make it my goal to destroy, them all and be Milencia's legend for equality. Prejudice breed from some a sense of insecurity and fear. If I can take away the violence all the way across, take away all the distractions, there can be an opportunity for peace. We must take care of our own rotten apples before we move on to bigger things. Regardless, I'm devoting my existence to the destruction of New Milencia's evil and anything here connected to the stalling of progress." She turned her head with a perma grin as she never stopped looking at him.

"What's your resolve babycakes? Being a protector automatically grants you the favor of the people and the voice they will listen to and rally behind I think it's a great place to start, we are already on our way." He wouldn't help but notice the edge in her voice, the determination, there wasn't anything "joking" about this. She held herself as resolved. This was it, this was how she was going to be and get her everything, "My name will be a sign of hope, rather then despair and fear... So are you in?" Axel would have no idea what she was talking about... but he would know she was talking about, but he'd likely understand the resolve in her words better than anyone else.

#1415 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Axel's eyes lit up a flame as he listened to Ellie. For a moment there he thought he was in love, but he quickly did away with the idea.

"I couldn't portray myself as the perfect protector but I am willing to turn around and face the world for what it is. And actually do something about it." 

Axel threw his fists on his sides in a heroic gesture and looked towards the ceiling, nose up in the air.

"As the Ultimate Paragon." Axel said in a different, more masculine yet rather campy voice. 

#1416 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Jack's eyes widened and she twitched involuntarily. "You made cake? Oh my goodness, well now I know what I'm doing after this whole thing's done. We should throw a big like... party." She nodded and stared off across the room. "Like an end of the world party. Since with all this Haven crap, we're... sort of in over our heads. Could get got anytime, y'know? 'Least we'd have a nice big celebration where everyone can cheer up before we all bite it." Not that Jack expected to bite it, but... well... her eyes flicked to Zoey and she frowned.

"And I've been good, can't complain." She stretched her arms up and locked the fingers behind her head. "Ell and I ran a sim day before yesterday. I went toe-to-toe with this bonehead, Ethan." Her smile was half-cocked. "Kicked his ass, naturally. Yesterday had a nice fight with Prof Simmons. She won, of course, but I learned a lot. Looking forward to a rematch with that cocky Lava Girl." Her hands then fell to her sides and tapped upon the ground as she asked a question she hadn't realized she wanted to know the answer to: "Kinda personal, and you don't have to answer, but, well... Do you have a dad?" If Shine answered yes, Jack would continue, "What's he like?" If, however, she said no or just didn't want to answer, she'd change the tune of her question. "Do you think it's weird to wonder what it's like to have a dad?"

#1417 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Nate descended the staircase to the foyer with a rather pensive look on his face. These people...

He hit the bottom floor where the others were gathering and chatting amongst themselves. He walked over to Axel and Ellie, who were in the middle of... something... and dug his hand into his pocket. He retrieved a piece of paper and offered it to Ellie.

"Thanks. I made some corrections." he said simply, ignoring everything that happened before he walked up.

He looked over at Axel and cocked an eyebrow. He shook his head and waved before walking away. He looked over and saw the blue girl talking with someone else. She was the one with Christine yesterday. Maybe I should apologize.

He stuffed his hands in his pockets and sauntered over to the pair. He waited for a break in the conversation and would smile awkwardly. He would look over at Jack. "Sorry for interrupting, but I just wanted to apologize for yesterday," he said sheepishly. "My sister and I don't... get along that well all the time."

He blinked and pulled his hand out of his pocket. "Ah, uh, my name is Nate. I was in... Professor Dawson's class, but... now I don't know who I'm lumped in with."

He then looked over to Shine and smiled as well. "I... kind of butted in there. Sorry. I just... wanted to apologize to her is all. So, uh. That's it."

Nate would stand there, tapping the sides of his legs with his hands off-rhythm for a moment before sauntering away just as strangely as he approached, unless they would ask him to stay.

147.png

#1418 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

While Jack spoke Shine stared into space and listened with great care. She nodded solemnly at her words in agreement. A party would be wonderful, before everything got too serious for them all. The idea of dying didn't worry Shine, she was alright that. It would be terrible if someone else was to die though, everyone had so much potential, so many ideas, personalities and things to offer the world. Everyone was amazing, unlike her who was an unremarkable shadow in the corner. Well she saw herself as that. She glance over to Jack and smiled beneath the shadows of her hood. She liked listening to people, even if they were bragging, she didn't mind that at all. Listening to people with confidence always warmed her up and made her feel more happy and confident. It was why when she had close friends she was herself because they would obviously talk to each other with confidence which would make Shine feel safe enough to climb out of her shell. The moment she quietened down and tapped her hands against the marble floor Shines smile slowly died down and her expression grew back into her natural look. Then Jack asked her question.

Shines face expressed panic behind the shadow of her hood and her start to bash her chest. How was she supposed to answer that? She did have an answer and that was simply that she did, but she no longer does. What if Jack asked what happened to him though? Shine had no idea how Jack felt about people like her mother, what if she scared her away? What if she started telling people other people, causing the bullying to start up again? She didn't think Jack was the type to do that, but what if she was wrong. Shine couldn't lie, but she didn't want to have to go through that. Not now since she only had the academies grounds to hide in over the cracks in the city. She had friends, yes, but she didn't want them to be burdened with her troubles. What would she do if things when sour?

"W-w-well..-" Shine started to speak but then she heard another persons voice. She looked at the person and he was talking to Jack, something about apologizing for something he did the previous day. All Shine could do was silently thank some higher power for buying some time, though she doubted the question would be evaded. At least it gave her time to think about how to approach Jacks question better. Shine wasn't ashamed of her mother and would tell anyone their story, she just had to brace herself for whatever response she was going to get. When the boy, Nate as Shine had overheard on the side during her moment of panic, she smiled and shook her head. "I-It's alright..." she would say with a smile. She wondered if the boy was going to stick around. She wouldn't mind that but if he did Shine would hope that Jack wouldn't bring up the question again. Worrying about how two people would take the information was even worse than one.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#1419 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Jack could see the shock and apprehension in Shine and she scrunched up her face, figuring she had hit a nerve. It wouldn't be very fair to push Shine into divulging such secrets when she herself would be unwilling to share her own.

When Nate showed up, Jack hopped to her feet and patted out her shorts. It was awkward to talk to someone while sitting on the floor and the other one was standing up. Almost condescending. And Jack didn't want to come across as being all better-than-you, especially when her only response was to scratch the back of her head and say, "Um, sorry, but... I don't even remember what you did, if you did anything at all." She laughed and shifted her weight. "I mean, thanks for the apology and junk, but I don't think it's needed." A stupid sort-of smile crossed her face, and she waited to see if he had anything else to say.

#1420 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

"Goodmorning Nate!" Axel said with the most enthusiasm he's ever shown anyone in the school thus far.

"You know my roomate? He's a cool guy...dare I say one of the strongest people here too. I know he seems quiet and meek but on the inside...when he wears his mask and becomes Aluminum Avenger, he kicks ass. Like. I'm team lead but I've realized that he's better off doing his own thing instead of me trying to pin him down. I believe he'd be down with the plan." 

Axel turned his head back towards Ellie after watching Nate slide on over to Frosty.