#1 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Has anyone here ever played any of the Epic Mickey games?
I've been curious about the game/series since it was first shown at E3... I think two years ago, maybe? I don't own any of the consoles that the games are on, though, so I have not been able to play the games. Epic Mickey looks really cool to me and seems very "different" and like an interesting idea.

Since a spin-off game has been made for the 3DS (and I just recently became an owner of a 3DS system,) I'll be able to get a small taste of Epic Mickey when I pick up a copy of Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion sometime after it arrives on store shelves. The Nintendo eShop currently has a demo of Power of Illusion available, and I have downloaded it and am playing it right now. It looks and seems to play differently than the main console games (judging by what was shown at E3,) but I'm still really enjoying it. x3 I adore the fact that the game uses sprites and has a look and feel similar to much older games like the ones made for the GBA and early DS games. It really takes me back to those "simple" yet challenging games of yesteryear. Of course, I'm sadly missing some of the really cool effects and features of the main games, but it's a fair trade off. Hopefully I can get a new main console in the near future once issues with money settle down and grab Epic Mickey and Epic Mickey: The Power of Two. This seems like a series that I will like and enjoy a lot. :3

Posted Image

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

I want to get the new game that came out for the 3DS. It looks pretty interesting. I love the special wiimote you get when you order Epic Mickey 2, it looks really neat and cool.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

I want to get the new game that came out for the 3DS. It looks pretty interesting. I love the special wiimote you get when you order Epic Mickey 2, it looks really neat and cool.

I'm trying to hold off on pre-orders or getting the game(s) right when they are released. However, I'm really fond of the series (despite not really having experienced it yet,) so I really want the special game bundles and bonuses, and I really want to get Power of Illusion to play when it is released. D:
I really do need to save money and focus more on getting my computer for school, though... :<

(Because I know I'd eventually own the consoles the main games are on is why I wouldn't care about buying the special bundles, editions, whatever while they are around and just needing to wait to play them like what I did with KH3D's Mark of Mastery edition.)

Posted Image

#4 Heart

Heart

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

I was severely disappointed with Epic Mickey. It's so child focused, and the game really punish you for doing the "bad" option in events, so you pretty much have to play as a goody two shoes to get the nice rewards. And once you've made your choice, there's no changing it and corresponding characters in the level will remember it, meaning if you made a choice you don't like, you have to finish the level like that or completely exit and reload your profile >______>

I don't know much about the other games, frankly I didn't know there's a second one in the works and a 3DS game coming, but I really hope for Kain's sake and anyone else thinking of picking them up that they've improved greatly from the first game, especially since it was so hyped and with those amazing concept art pics.
Posted Image

#5 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

I was severely disappointed with Epic Mickey. It's so child focused, and the game really punish you for doing the "bad" option in events, so you pretty much have to play as a goody two shoes to get the nice rewards. And once you've made your choice, there's no changing it and corresponding characters in the level will remember it, meaning if you made a choice you don't like, you have to finish the level like that or completely exit and reload your profile >______>

I don't know much about the other games, frankly I didn't know there's a second one in the works and a 3DS game coming, but I really hope for Kain's sake and anyone else thinking of picking them up that they've improved greatly from the first game, especially since it was so hyped and with those amazing concept art pics.

Really? Woowwww... That does sound disappointing. I didn't notice the "child focused" when the game was being shown... It just looked sort of fun. The world changing as you made decisions and painted reminded me of Spyro: A Hero's Tail from a years back where the world changed as you destroyed Dark Gems, a very fascinating game element in my opinion. The fact that in Epic Mickey you could choose good or bad/whatever and consequently change the world and your interactions with other characters was awesome to me. But you're punished for being bad? How terrible and lame. I should have consequences for my choices, obviously, but not punishment for choosing an option the game is giving you. I like open-ended games that have multiple endings which you reach by different actions or decisions. They're great for replay value. I'm not really sure how to explain my thoughts, but perhaps you get the idea. How exactly does the game punish you, anyway? ):

Posted Image

#6 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

I think I bought a copy of Epic Mickey awhile back, it was supposed to be a gift but was never given and thus not played. I guess I should find it and pull out the old wii box. But then again if it was disappointing + being a wii game = means i really don't want to.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#7 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

I bought the original a while back but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

I did just play the demo of the 3DS one, and it seems good, if not very simple and lacking difficulty. It's hard to get a good impression off of just the very beginning of a game.

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Im going to be getting the demo for the 3ds soon and i'll post how much i liked it. I know Kain enjoyed it throughly so I hope I do too.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png