#241 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Alessandro almost instinctively caught the bullet on a square, keeping it from hurting him at all. Shine was clipped from the energy bolts that flew toward her, but the gunner was caught off-guard by a sudden blow upside her head, even as she tried to dodge. The blow jarred her, and she tumbled over backwards onto the ground, soundly defeated.

Green words appeared before the two.

[ HIDDEN THUGS DEFEATED ]

Congratulations!

A blue aura erupted around both Shine and Alessandro, and they felt their wounds lessen in intensity. They also felt a bit revitalized, ready to take on a whole other set of baddies.

Spoiler

MAP

#242 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

After the gunner was sent down Bright Eyes placed her hands on her hips with a triumphant smile on her shadowy face. When the green words appeared, congratulating them on their effort, she returned to her usual state and looked over to Ari. Rather than jumping for joy over their win her eyes narrowed at him and she walked over to his side.

"You alright? Those guys looked like they had ganged up on you pretty badly" she would looked Ari's body from bottom to top to see if he was baldy injured anywhere. She doubted that the simulation would give him life threatening injuries,,or bone breaking ones which Ari seemed to unfortunately always end up getting, but she couldn't help being concerned for her friend. He did seem to have been struggling with the thugs, though Bright Eyes wouldn't say that out loud in case she offended Ari's fighting ability.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#243 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Ari made a sigh of relief as Shine finished off the last thug, but rather started thinking on how he needed to improve, his performance was obviously terrible. When Shine asked him how he was he said as he poked his ribs, "Just a little sore, maybe fractured. Not a big deal. Anyway, you did great, you've got a mean uppercut. Really inspires me to go hit the gym tomorrow, even since football season ended I've been slacking. Ready to move on?" He would point to direction they should head, which was to their overall left.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#244 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

Bright Eyes smiled at Ari's mention of her uppercut while anxiously rubbing the back of her head, feeling modest about her abilities. "Uh, well I guess I've just gotten lots of practice over the years...." her expression changed into a gloomy one as she recalled on how she managed to end up fighting at all. Her days running away, fighting when she had to, then running some more had made her more of a survivalist and developed her skill. She had to admit though, ever since she got her powers she's felt stronger every day. She reckoned it was just from the training or maybe just her mutation itself, either way she's felt stronger. At the same time she wondered if she was becoming more stranger with her body movements when she turned into a shadow as well. Back then she couldn't help but feel more shadow-like than she normally did.

She snapped out of her thoughts, hopefully not rising Ari's concern with her gloomy "aura" as she thought about the unnecessary baggage she carried around. Bright Eyes could only silently be glad her hood, and at times mask, hid her face well enough to avoid having other people read her completely. She looked down the path Ari suggested and nodded. It was the the first down their straight forward path. "Yeah, let's keep going" she would say to Ari while waiting for him to lead them on further since running off on her own wasn't going to help anyone. As they walked down the path Bright Eyes would continue looking around to see beyond the fog while reflecting on their encounter a little more. "The fight gave us a sudden change in mood, right? Kinda relaxed me more since we were walking around all tense from the near silence and fog" she would speak and would listen to Ari while she tried to listen to the sound of simulated rain.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#245 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

Christine could merely shrug her shoulders. "It's gonna take more than a few icicles to take me out. I wouldn't worry about that. Besides, that's why we have a nurse. The system is set to shut down if anyone actually gets injured. Don't worry about it."

She tapped away on the holopad, and soon the room around them faded in to a blinding white. Snow whipped across a barren wasteland of white. Pine trees were sparse in the distant, all caked with freshly fallen snow. The wind was chilly, but neither of them would feel it for their own reasons. When Jack exhaled, she would be able to see her breath.

"Cold enough?" Chris asked, snapping her fingers.

In an instant, her workout attire was replaced in a flash with a brilliant red striped standard uniform. She shook her hair out and stretched her arms behind her back. Green words popped up between the two.

[ SOLARIS v FROSTY ]

BEGIN

"Alright. I'm pretty limber." she said, hopping up and down. She landed in the ankle deep snow and took a fighting stance. The snow at her feet began to melt, and steam trickled up into the air around her. The pink flames on her arm danced and quivered with excitement. "Let's see what you got, Fross." Christine announced before holding out her left arm and firing off a bolt of searing pink energy at Jack's torso.

Jack delighted in the change of scenery. Growing up in the inner city, she had never been able to head out to the country and just enjoy the snow. It was always a hassle - something bad. But this was wonderful. She felt... welcome. Among friends. She smiled and rubbed her hands together, a crooked grin splashed across her face. "Alright, let's do this."

She prepped a battle stance when Christine started off. She kicked into a slide through the snow, off to her left to avoid the bolt. As she slid, she spun around, tearing an icicle from the air and hurling it toward Christine on the first spin, followed closely by a snowball which would be aimed for her face, wherever she ended after the icicle flew. Jack would land in a slide, kicking up snow. She wondered if the snow felt cold to other people. To her, it felt room temperature.

#246 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Christine smiled as the bolt soared past Jack, clipping her as she slid out of the way of the brunt of the force. "Not bad, not bad!"

Jack slid to the side and flung an icicle her way. Christine waited as it got closer, and then with a burst of pink energy she slipped past the icicle, before pirouetting around the snowball gracefully. She landed and launched a feeble punch towards Jack, clearly short of the mark. However, the air in front of Christine's fist ignited into pink energy that shot towards Jack. When the cold girl would look back over, she would see that Christine's arm flared wildly as she watched Jack move around with a smile on her face.

Spoiler

147.png

#247 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Ari walked along with Shine and replied, "Yeah, I thought it would be a nice change of pace, rather than just jumping straight to the climax. Which should do coming up soon, I wonder who we're up against." He brought his hands up to the back of his head and tried to relax as they made closer to the culprit's domain.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#248 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Jack hadn't thought to dodge when the punch would clearly fall short, and barely had time to throw her arms up to block the flames before they washed over her. She stumbled back a step in the snow, and, before she even really could see very well, hurled another icicle in Christine's general direction. Jack then kicked off to the side and slipped behind a nearby tree, slapping her back up against it. Her eyes flicked back and forth. Fire. Her breathing came in short wheezes and she shut her eyes. The heat was still fresh on her arms after that last attack. She panicked. Potentially found herself trapped, now. Come on, Jack, pull yourself together. You can do this...

#249 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Christine kept her arm down, and now held it with her free arm as the flames consumed her and lit up around her body like a pink aura. The snow melted around her, leaving wet rocks and burnt grass in her wake. She shifted to the side with a burst of pink energy, completely avoiding the blind icicle and rose her arm at Jack, pausing when she ducked behind the tree.

Christine tilted her head and slowly approached. "Come on, Fross, don't be like that!"

She fired off a pinpoint shot through the center of the tree, aiming to flush her out. Once Jack appeared she'd smirk. "Found you!" and wave her hand, sending a wide pulse of pink energy towards her in a flash.

Spoiler

147.png

#250 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

The two had reached a dead end and by the looks of thing it looped back up to the place where they had beaten the surprise baddies. "Hm...back up we go then" Bright Eyes would say, looking over to Ari before walking back up the path they had just traveled down. She would've walk with Ari back up the back which had lead them to this dead end and would turn left at the corner.

Edited by The Dream, 22 March 2013 - 01:58 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#251 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Jack drew a deep breath and rolled out from behind the tree when Christine's sizzle roared toward her - the change in temperature, albeit slight, was noticeable to her frosty skin. The beam tore through the tree and she swallowed hard, slipping backwards (sideways to Chris' perspective) when Christine called out to her, hoping to avoid the incoming blow. Hot. Really hot.

She glanced toward Christine, not sure what she should do. The heat was dangerous. Scary even. It melted the snow around her with little effort. What could Jack do against something like that? Her mind flashed back to lava girl, melting snowballs before they even touched her. Jack's jaw clicked.

Before her dodge had finished, these thoughts passed through her head. Her fists clenched; her hips twisted. She kicked into a slide around behind another tree, pausing for a brief moment - just long enough for Christine to buy that she was hiding again - before bursting out the way she came, hurling a pair of icicles toward Christine, one after another. The snow kicked up around her as she sliced through it like a cold knife through warm butter.

#252 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Christine cocked her head as Jack was running scared. She ducked behind another tree, avoiding the brunt of the assault that Christine inflicted on her. As she rose her arm to fire at the tree again, she was surprised to see Jack fly out flinging icicles. With her hand still out, Christine burst upwards into the air and took aim at the girl on the ground.

"Come on, Fross! You can do better than this!" she called out aiming down at her and firing off another cone-shaped concussive blast of pink energy towards the girl.

Spoiler

147.png

#253 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

She jumped. JUMPED. Jack saw an opening and - without thinking - took it. She kicked up snow as her course corrected and she rocketed in toward Chris, aiming to avoid the incoming blast by sliding, feet first toward Miss Simmons' landing spot. She dug her feet in, popped up, and lunged toward Christine with a shoulder as the woman came back down after her jump-dodge.

Jack would hopefully follow through on the attack and roll through the snow afterwards, slipping around into a crouched pose as she would throw an icicle at her recovering teacher before sliding off behind a nearby tree; not to hide, but to lie in wait.

If, however, she couldn't follow through on the attack and was forced to strike and hop back, she would toss an icicle as she hopped back away from Chris and slipped behind a tree nearby.

She shook out her wrists and shut her eyes. Okay, okay, don't go down without a fight...

#254 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

Christine was caught with the shoulder and tumbled backwards through the snow once before catching her balance and popping herself out with a stiff palm to the ground. She went from a tumble to a graceful landed. She aimed at Jack and flashed a smile, holding out a gun with her fingers. As she landed she aimed at the icicle, then to Jack she paused a moment before shifting to the side away from the icicle. Her second hand slammed onto her forearm and the finger gun turned into a palm. "That's more like it!" she called out, firing off a pinpoint beam at Jack as she scurried towards the tree.

Once in cover, Christine would shake her head. "Come on! Enough!"

She burst towards the tree and fired off a punch at the tree. It would splinter and burst into flames, throwing up a cloud of black smoke from its suddenly moist bark. As soon as she saw Jack, she'd get into a defensive stance, this time waiting to see what her student would do on the offensive.

Spoiler

147.png

#255 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

As Jack had anticipated, Christine took the bait! She used the explosion of the tree as cover - she threw a snowball off to her right, toward a nearby tree before slipping in the opposite direction as quietly as she could muster before she lunged at Christine, icicle drawn in hand. It extended a bit into a quasi icicle-sword, which she slashed at Chris once in close range. It would of course still shatter on impact, but it would hurt just as much as any other icicle. She followed the horizontal motion in a pivot, stocking her trailing (right) hand with a snowball, which she would hurl/smash in Christine's face from point-blank range. After this, Jack kicked off and slid away from Chris, pivoting in the snow and putting up her dukes. It was... strange... Though Christine was made of fire, her ice seemed not to be useless. Jack's fists clenched and she shouted, "Stop holding back, Professor! If I can't even stand up to you at full strength, what chance will I have against Haven?"

#256 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Christine barely flinched at the snowball off to the side. I'm not THAT much of a rookie. She spun towards Jack and threw a quick left hook as the girl approached, causing her to momentarily stumble, before bursting past Jack's sword hand. As she slipped past the girl intent on smooshing her in the face with a snowball, she landed one last ghost punch, which would hit Jack squarely in the back and cause her to tumble forward into the snow, defeated. The simulation would end, and Jack would find herself sprawled out on the metal floor of the SMART room.

"I'm just trying to teach you something." Christine said with a smile. She flipped her hair to the side and said, "So... did you learn anything?" she dug her hands back into the pockets of her red sweatshirt.

Spoiler

147.png

#257 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Jack lay there on the floor, face pressed up against the cold steel. Did she learn anything? Pfft. She pushed herself up to her knees and stood up, dusting off her pants as she said, "Yeah. I learned that I've still got a long way to go. I feel better about losing to lava girl, though." She clenched her fists and kicked at the ground. "This damn power is useless against heat. Some hero I'll be, with a weakness like that." She wheeled about to face her teacher and asked, "Is that what your lesson was? Teaching me to not beat myself up, because I can't control how weak I am? How useless I was at the museum?" She folded her arms and dropped her gaze. "Lousy lesson." She had been hoping for courage. Confidence. Some discovery that she could actually handle fire. It wasn't so bad; just a little warmer than she'd normally like it to be. But nope. As if her life would go that smoothly.

#258 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

As the pair walked through the maze, a chill wind swept over them. The lights dimmed. The hedges faltered and fluttered away in the breeze.

Red letters splashed across the sky before them.

[ MISSION FAILURE ]

They had not managed to find the villainous mutant in time.

Spoiler

#259 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Overload glanced from one to the other and back. Neither seemed up for the battle. He sighed and vanished in an array of blue squares.

Red letters appeared before them in the air.

[ MISSION FORFEIT ]

Spoiler