• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

The first is the console we're all expecting, providing true next-generation gaming experiences, while the other will be a more affordable unit aimed at the casual market. The latter is said to use Windows 8 as the basis of its operating system, and won't be able to run the latest triple-A titles, but will support downloadable casual games from Xbox Live.

What do you guys think? Is this a wise move on Microsoft's behalf? I do think that marketing a console aimed solely at families is definitely a good idea, but this makes me think the price gap between the two version of the console will be rather large. I'm thinking something along the lines of 500 bucks for the "full" version of the console. Express your thoughts about this new development here.

Original Source

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Good idea, if it ends up being true, since then they can take all the gimmicky entertainment shit to the one console and leave the xbox a dedicated gaming machine, which I think is a good step to take. Instead of cramming both ideas into one device (which is more expensive when people aren't interested in spending x amount of money on a console) and will probably drive the cost of the xbox down.

147.png

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I agree. It does however kind of create problems for people that use their consoles for other tasks like watching movies and browsing the web aside from the gaming aspect. I'm wondering if the "full" version will have all the aspects the other console will, considering the "incomplete" console wont have the power of the other one.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#4 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

As long as they make it to were you can get a 'full' version that does everything, I dont see a reason why it would be bad. Some people want it for just gaming, so let them get it for just that for a cheaper price. Some people want it for an entertainment system, let them pay a little more to do more with what they got, simple really.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png