• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Yep. They suspended the victim and kicked the two buys that assaulted her from the drama club. No further form of punishment. The question that rises, of course, is why the fuck is shit like this still ongoing? Isn't it about time the federal government takes the reigns in these matters and defines rape indefinitely? Shit like this has got to stop and until it does, we're not going anywhere as a country. How can we open the eyes of these illiterate pigs to what's really going on?

Source

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:55 PM

Let that have been someone related to me. That school would no longer exist, either through a civil suit that left them bankrupt or an unexplained fire. And those boys would be lying dead in a ditch somewhere.

I really hope the girl's parents sue the fuck out of the school and the parents of the boys. This is just sickening.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#3 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

I would sue the living fuck out of them. Also the two boys would be found in a ditch with their parts ripped apart. I don't play that bullshit, especially with having a sister.

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

The definition of rape in the federal government was recently changed to a much more comprehensive definition due to efforts of the USA's current administration.

Why do things like this still happen? Because rape culture. Because feminism is still demonized by ignorant, privileged white men who think that feminism means anti-man. That it's designed to empower women while putting men down. Anti-feminists complain about the new definition of rape because it still doesn't include men.

The definition, for reference:

“The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

Regardless, changing the definition doesn't magically make rape stop. It doesn't magically make people start properly persecuting rape cases and properly punishing the criminals while supporting the victims. Victim blaming (you were asking for it because _______) is still alive and well, and changing the definition isn't going to eradicate what generations of people in this country have grown up believing. It's not an issue that can be fixed overnight.

It's also important to note that some rape cases reported ARE fraudulent and the victim is lying. The problem is that many people assume this to be the default case (which is completely stupid and wrong, but that's just how rape culture works, sorry) while assuming the case of the woman actually... OMFG BEING RIGHT!? is the strange case. The one that needs to be proven.

It's not a shock. Hundreds of years of culture and growth stand behind these sorts of attitudes and the federal government passing a mandate to change a definition is not going to suddenly fix anything.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#5 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Cases like this come and go all the time. Same thing each time. Girl gets raped, school does nothing, government does nothing. It's sick, it's twisted and a poor girl is now dreadfully changed and will never be the same.

But how do we help it? We really can't sadly. Onlything we can do is just try and teach not to rape. What rape does to a family, etc. Maybe somepeople will stop and think. I'm probablyy just hopefull but at least it's doing something. Kids should always stay in packs too. Keep with friends. Hard to rape a girl thats with 3-4 friends of hers you know what I mean?

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png