Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:15 AM

Sauce

Posted Image
I'm sure most people here have never played a Bungie game. Shame on you. Bungie is a fantastic developer and really are poised to take the gaming world by storm when they show off something that ISN'T Halo.

Since Halo is now property of 343, Bungie has teamed up with Activision and has been diligently working on a new project code-named/named Destiny.

First billed as an MMO in early reports, it doesn't seem that that's the case anymore. However, they do call it a very "social" game, which is pretty interesting.

An overview of the plot has been released to IGN, through an advertising agency for Bungie.

“Our story begins seven hundred years from now in the Last City on Earth, in a Solar System littered with the ruins of man’s Golden Age. A massive, mysterious alien ship hangs overhead like a second Moon. No one knows where it came from or what it’s here for, but only that it’s our protector. Meanwhile, strange, alien monsters creep in from the edge of the universe, determined to take Earth and the Last City. We are young ‘knights’ tasked with defending the remains of humanity, discovering the source of these monsters and – eventually – overcoming it.”

No doubt TONS of comparisons can be drawn to Halo from this. Tons and tons. However, maybe there's more to it.

Destiny is further described as “fun and accessible to all,” aiming “to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise.” Based on the language in the document, it appears that Bungie aims to create a universe accessible to multiple demographics, perhaps suggesting that Destiny will be less mature than Bungie’s efforts with Halo. A quote from Bungie co-founder Jason Jones says “Destiny is designed for your inner seven year old. We want to make it feel like a mythic adventure.”

Posted Image

Personally, I love these guys and I've been DYING to hear about their next title since they signed off on the transfer of the Halo franchise. Halo 2 and 3 were rushed and kind of crappy (when all is said and done) but ODST and Halo: Reach I thought were absolutely awesome games. I've played brief bits of Marathon (Bungie's biggest title not named Halo) which was pretty cool as well.

I'm super looking forward to this like you cannot even begin to believe. I hope that it's as awesome as I hope it is. I also hope that there's no competitive multiplayer :<

There are plans to bring this game to the Xbox and the Playstation as well.

Edited by Valor, 28 November 2012 - 01:26 AM.

147.png

#2 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

>“to create a universe as deep, tangible and relatable as that of the Star Wars franchise.”

I'm sold.

But 4srs, this sounds like a REALLY good idea so far. Just show me some gameplay and I'll be even more sold.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#3 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

This game. I'm liking the look and sound of it already. Possibly excite.

I would crack an SO3 joke, but this is so beautiful I don't even feel like it anymore.

2j87ib.jpg

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Im pretty psyched for this game. I absolutely love the Halo series, although I've only played the first 2 in the series. I would love to see more from them. They've demonstrated their skill when it comes to crafting intricate and interesting worlds.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Bam. First info on Destiny from the men (and wimmen) themselves.

Journey-style open-world shooter game with a sci-fi focus including what they say is an full allowance of exploring the entire solar system as well as pre-determined and spontaneous events in-game that may or may not be influenced by players.

147.png

#6 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

So destiny beta was released today in which I'm currently downloading so let's start do d convos! I played the alpha and the game is tons of fun. From the story quest to the pvp everything seemed pretty solid.
A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

I hate you more than Cole McGrath hates water.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Posted Image

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

Yeah I got a number for the beta so I'll be trying it out sometime this weekend/next week I suppose. Still looking to pick up the game proper on an xbox one.

147.png

#8 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

I was gifted a redeem code for the beta too. I plan on tryingit out tomorrow.
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#9 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

I think if i didn't play the alpha, the beta would have blown me away. Glimmer seems harder to get and is handed out much less, and unfortunately the beta caps you at 8 and ends with that strike like the alpha did. At least the game feels more polished and interesting now as opposed to the Alpha, but still the beta doesn't have enough content to justify the week+ it's on the ps4. The Xbone beta is the perfect length of time to get a feel for the game.

147.png

#10 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hey peeps. No one talking about this now that it's out? Bummer.

I got it for PS4 and it is an absolute blast. Single player is engaging, fun and makes you wanna keep playing - all balanced out by the fast paced and well constructed PVP models. Although, I suck at PvP (average KDR of about 0.9) so I haven't really spent as much time in it as I would like to. I am getting better.

One thing that irks me, though, is how PvP match making is poorly handled. Level 20+ players with legendary equips pitted against low level newblets (like me) for unfair games makes me wish they would really fix the match making ASAP. That's the only complaint I really have.

Thoughts on the game?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#11 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

I got it for PS4 and it is an absolute blast. Single player is engaging, fun and makes you wanna keep playing - all balanced out by the fast paced and well constructed PVP models. Although, I suck at PvP (average KDR of about 0.9) so I haven't really spent as much time in it as I would like to. I am getting better.

One thing that irks me, though, is how PvP match making is poorly handled. Level 20+ players with legendary equips pitted against low level newblets (like me) for unfair games makes me wish they would really fix the match making ASAP. That's the only complaint I really have.

Thoughts on the game?

Problems with PVP should likely be naturally ironed out if Halo is any indication. Plus all of your shit gets level synched or whatever in PVP so none of those Legendary weapons should be a huge advantage there.

Get gud.

147.png

#12 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Thoughts on the game?

Problems with PVP should likely be naturally ironed out if Halo is any indication. Plus all of your shit gets level synched or whatever in PVP so none of those Legendary weapons should be a huge advantage there.

Get gud.

Last I checked, your level advantages get synched, but I don't think that applies to equipment - because then all sub categories of weapons would behave the same in PvP and they certainly do not. I was getting One Shot'd by a level 22 Hand Cannon slinging Hunter but not by a level 14 Hand Cannon. Idk how exactly it all works. I am getting better :> (slowly) I don't really play Multiplayer FPS games so this is a first time experience for me. The single player is going along much more smoothly, though, I am completing all the story missions on the harder of the two difficulties available so my KDR there is not the highest in that front either. (Or I just kinda suck at FPS games) 

Still. Having fun with this game. Did you get it on your Xbone yet.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#13 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

Thoughts on the game?

Get gud.

Last I checked, your level advantages get synched, but I don't think that applies to equipment - because then all sub categories of weapons would behave the same in PvP and they certainly do not. I was getting One Shot'd by a level 22 Hand Cannon slinging Hunter but not by a level 14 Hand Cannon. Idk how exactly it all works. I am getting better :> (slowly) I don't really play Multiplayer FPS games so this is a first time experience for me. The single player is going along much more smoothly, though, I am completing all the story missions on the harder of the two difficulties available so my KDR there is not the highest in that front either. (Or I just kinda suck at FPS games) 

Still. Having fun with this game. Did you get it on your Xbone yet.

Should be here by the weekend.

You should also be safe since doze ps4 gammerz doe. I've also never done PVP in the beta since I really don't see why I would wanna do matchmaking in a more or less single player focused game. There is no semblance of balance in PVP since Hunters are flat out OP with dat supercharge. I'll try it out eventually, I suppose.

147.png

#14 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

I've been debating about this game recently. When it was first announced, i didnt really have a care for it but its kinda different now. I saw my friend playing it one day and it looked like another call of duty sorta so I started going down the road of "nah, i dont like cod so i prob wont like this one lol" but then i seen that you can create your OWN character o__o thats what got my attention lmao i love making characters so that is the only reason why i would get it now but, i wouldnt spend my money to get it for just that one thing ya know? so im still debating.

if you guys can get me more interested in the game, then i might end up getting it :p

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#15 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

So actually, I figured out that it does level synch and damage synch for weapons - but weapon and gear abilities do not synch. So level 22 chars with legendary equips will still have like 4 abilities per equip where as newbies with shitty, 2 ability gear will not have that advantage.

Especially when these abilities will affect cooldown time, movement surge, reload speed, jump height AND damage for fusion gun abilities.

Also. Heavy Weapons with magazine size abilities that let people shoot 3 missiles without reloading. So. Fucking. Broken.

So yeah. Broken PvP is broken.

Edited by Dion, 11 September 2014 - 01:08 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#16 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

So actually, I figured out that it does level synch and damage synch for weapons - but weapon and gear abilities do not synch. So level 22 chars with legendary equips will still have like 4 abilities per equip where as newbies with shitty, 2 ability gear will not have that advantage.

Especially when these abilities will affect cooldown time, movement surge, reload speed, jump height AND damage for fusion gun abilities.

Also. Heavy Weapons with magazine size abilities that let people shoot 3 missiles without reloading. So. Fucking. Broken.

Just wait for the internal matchmaking system to get working. When a new Halo comes out, I don't touch matchmaking for at least a week or two so that people are beginning to be sorted into their correct rankings. Don't know much about how Destiny matches people, but Bungie basically invented the matchmaking system that exists, so I highly doubt they aren't utilizing it.

I've been debating about this game recently. When it was first announced, i didnt really have a care for it but its kinda different now. I saw my friend playing it one day and it looked like another call of duty sorta so I started going down the road of "nah, i dont like cod so i prob wont like this one lol" but then i seen that you can create your OWN character o__o thats what got my attention lmao i love making characters so that is the only reason why i would get it now but, i wouldnt spend my money to get it for just that one thing ya know? so im still debating.

if you guys can get me more interested in the game, then i might end up getting it :p

From what I'm hearing, the single player campaign is bare bones thin. The gameplay is likely tight because Bungie, but I feel a lot of people either love it or are bored by it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot in the middle. Bungie I believe is going to be continually adding things (like the six man raid dropping on the 16th) and tweaking things via patches, so it's possible that the game gets more content periodically.

The biggest issue I had with character creation is that 90% of the time you're in first person view and can't even see your character unless you're in a hub town. I dunno. It felt almost superfluous to me.

I'm getting the game because I liked the alpha and the beta and want to see where it goes, but I also didn't pay anything for it. Maybe wait and see what review have to say about the game before deciding. I think it'll be worth it in the long run because it's like a weird MMO/FPS hybrid that has potential to be fun, but I'm not 100% convinced that it's there on launch.

147.png

#17 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Just wait for the internal matchmaking system to get working. When a new Halo comes out, I don't touch matchmaking for at least a week or two so that people are beginning to be sorted into their correct rankings. Don't know much about how Destiny matches people, but Bungie basically invented the matchmaking system that exists, so I highly doubt they aren't utilizing it.

From what I'm hearing, the single player campaign is bare bones thin. The gameplay is likely tight because Bungie, but I feel a lot of people either love it or are bored by it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot in the middle. Bungie I believe is going to be continually adding things (like the six man raid dropping on the 16th) and tweaking things via patches, so it's possible that the game gets more content periodically.

The biggest issue I had with character creation is that 90% of the time you're in first person view and can't even see your character unless you're in a hub town. I dunno. It felt almost superfluous to me.

I'm getting the game because I liked the alpha and the beta and want to see where it goes, but I also didn't pay anything for it. Maybe wait and see what review have to say about the game before deciding. I think it'll be worth it in the long run because it's like a weird MMO/FPS hybrid that has potential to be fun, but I'm not 100% convinced that it's there on launch.

Yeah, I get you. It does grab my attention a little bit now so I might try it out using someone else I know that had the beta on there PS4, i think lol

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#18 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

I agree with a lot of what Val said. This game is going to get better as it goes, as Bungie will add more content periodically. That said, if you can hold off and buy it when it's cheaper (considering you're only mildly interested in it) that would probably be for the best in the end.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#19 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

Man. I literally blew through Destiny's earth missions a full level under the "hard" difficulty level recommendation with zero problems or deaths.

Then I got to the moon.

I do not like the moon.

First mission I needed to do on normal. Second one I barely was able to survive on Hard. I'm level 11 now, so I think I'm done being super challenged by the moon, but man. That was some shit right there.

I mostly had to do the first one on normal because those Pikes mowed me down when I didn't have one, and I stupidly went off road to blow other guys up and got got.

147.png

#20 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

Yeah dude, Hard difficulty gets better. The later levels on Hard are very very hard to do without dying. Those Fallen are nothing >.>

In any case. I beat the campaign and have been farming legendaries and light equipment. So basically, how it works is that the level cap is 20 and if you want to go over that cap and do higher level strikes and raids, you need to gather Light equipment. Light is a stat that gives you artificial XP and allows you to reach higher levels - so the artificial cap is 26. I just got to level 23 last night by farming for Light/Legendary x_x Vanguard farming takes very long and Crucible can be hard depending on the group you get matched with. Overall, farming is pretty fun, I think. Of course, farming can be tedious but it's rewarding because of the way the equipment level up works.

But yeah. I wish the campaign was a little longer - I beat it in a little under 6 hours on the Story. Most of my time now is in the Crucible farming Legendaries. Only have 2 so far. :/

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg