54 replies to this topic

#21 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

Double post but who cares. 

So the first raid is out tomorrow, fellas. I really wish someone here *cough*valor*cough* had gotten this game on PS4 so we could raid together. It's annoying because I need friends that play this game on this console - of which I only have 2 (Rose from here and my cousin who sucks) so I'm in a dilemma. :/

In any case, reached level 25 yesterday and have not gotten any more legendaries. I've gotten some legendary engrams but all were decoded to be rare or common items. Worst feeling man. 

ANY WAY. In terms of lore, I've been doing some reading online and there are a few things that I have come to believe. The main thing being that The Traveler is not as benevolent as it would make humans think. The idea is that it is giving humans its powers so that it can raise and spread an army that fights for it while convincing them to protect it. It likely has some more sinister motives as the lines for light and darkness are probably far more blurry than The Speaker would have us believe.

Oh and this whole game. It's inspired by Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
     How I wonder what you are.
     Up above the world so high,
     Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
     When he nothing shines upon,
     Then you show your little light,
     Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

Then the traveller in the dark,
     Thanks you for your tiny spark,
     He could not see which way to go,
     If you did not twinkle so.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
     And often through my curtains peep,
     For you never shut your eye,
     'Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark,
     Lights the traveller in the dark.
     Though I know not what you are,
     Twinkle, twinkle, little star.

Up above the world so high,
     Like a diamond in the sky.

You can see the similar themes, not in only in usage of words but also themes of darkness, sparks, light and discovery. 

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#22 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

I will be participating in the raid tomorrow as soon as I reach home from work. Really trying to gather some legendary items to boost me up to 26 quick, but that has been a total fail it seems.
A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

I hate you more than Cole McGrath hates water.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Posted Image

#23 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

Do you have a group for the Raid? If not, mind if I tag along?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#24 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

I hit level 21 today after being a bit behind considering I only started on Saturday. Grinding up seems like it's gonna be time consuming to a degree.

The only notable loot I've gotten is a Legendary Fusion Rifle, the 77 Wizard. Other than that I'm packing full rare right right and a rare Scout Rifle. Just picked up a Rare Shotgun and Pulse Rifle as well. Gotta get on that Legendary grind.

Also it literally took me until the end of the game to realize that shield color = elemental weakness to pop the shields fast. Therefore, my Sunbro Fusion Rifle just began to tear through the Cabal like it wasn't a thing. Needed to fall back on my Void shotgun for the Minotaurs in the Black Garden, but nothing that a true Titan like myself couldn't handle.

Sorry I can't be there to carry your sorry asses </3

http://www.bungie.ne...843009220565620

147.png

#25 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

I have a few friends and a clan, but we haven't spoke on the actual date we were going to try to complete the raid. So yes you are more then welcome to join. Also see, even Val got legendary gear and im here get farming, doing strikes and playing pvp and nothing. Believe this game hates me at this point, but I'm so addicted .
A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:59 AM

I picked up 2 more Legendary Engrams yesterday from my Heroic Strike and Crucible respectively o.o I haven't decoded them yet, but one is for a Leg item and the other is (another) special weapon. I'm either consistently lucky or I'm doing something different.

At this point, I'm farming Legendaries in the Crucible and also trying to get some strange coins for them exotics. Does anyone know when the mark counter resets? I kind of want it to reset today for Crucible but I'm at 73 Vanguard marks and I need 5 more level 24 Strike runs to get that trophy for Vanguard. I was planning on doing that tonight :/

ALSO. Holy fuck Nightfall strikes are hard as shit. I teamed with a group and took it on. Each of us had 70+ deaths and it took us like 2 and a half hours to do it. Insane. Dregs were doing more damage than the actual boss.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#27 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

I picked up 2 more Legendary Engrams yesterday from my Heroic Strike and Crucible respectively o.o I haven't decoded them yet, but one is for a Leg item and the other is (another) special weapon. I'm either consistently lucky or I'm doing something different.

At this point, I'm farming Legendaries in the Crucible and also trying to get some strange coins for them exotics. Does anyone know when the mark counter resets? I kind of want it to reset today for Crucible but I'm at 73 Vanguard marks and I need 5 more level 24 Strike runs to get that trophy for Vanguard. I was planning on doing that tonight :/

ALSO. Holy fuck Nightfall strikes are hard as shit. I teamed with a group and took it on. Each of us had 70+ deaths and it took us like 2 and a half hours to do it. Insane. Dregs were doing more damage than the actual boss.

Legendary engrams aren't 100% legendary items, so good luck with the decoding. I also think I got my Legendary weapon from a blue engram, so... *shrug!?*

Mark counter resets on Tuesdays. Tuesday is reset day, just like in FF14.

I'm waiting for my friends to get geared up enough to run actual content. Such a pain... I'm nearly 22 though now after getting a level 18 rare boot drop yesterday. Working on my Defender set for my Titan so I can carry all of the noobs in Raids.

147.png

#28 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

Apparently you can also get exotic gear from Legendary Engrams, man. Ive seen some people with exotic gear through that way. Wish I was that lucky  :/ ugh I need more time in the day for all this grinding hng

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#29 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Well whenever you are on just add me TJ92 I should be doing some sort of legendary/ exotic gathering. Also just got like 5 new friends that play so we may have a full team for the raid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Apparently you can also get exotic gear from Legendary Engrams, man. Ive seen some people with exotic gear through that way. Wish I was that lucky  :/ ugh I need more time in the day for all this grinding hng

You can also get upgrade materials from them. Enjoy.

I gathered up about 10 or so Rare engrams today, no luck on any of them but my crypt bro is rank 3, so that's a thing I suppose.

147.png

#31 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

I got my crypt bro to 6 yesterday. Surprisingly, no legendaries since then But then again I havent played as much recently because the semester is picking up :<

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#32 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

I'm juggling Destiny with FF14. Not easy to do at all. I'm gonna try to cap marks this week but... I doubt I will.

147.png

#33 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

I hit 6 earlier today as well. Had 5 legendaries and around 10 blue engrams and nothing, nada, zilltch. I believe the crypt guy is a serious troll who prays on us. I will get a legendary this weekend for sure with my 13 strange coins but sheesh, I thought crypt guy was our friend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

You need 23 coins to get an exotic, not 13 :/

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#35 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

The first raid, Vault of Glass took the first team to beat it 1600+ deaths and 14 hours to finish the goddamn thing.

Yikes.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#36 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Enjoy

147.png

#37 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

No it's 23 for weapon and chest piece and 13 for the other three.

Edited by Rose, 19 September 2014 - 07:24 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

Oh really? I didn't know that. 

In any case, got myself 2 more legendaries. :> Now, I have 2 arm legendaries, special weapon and heavy weapon legendaries. I also have a leg legendary for a Titan but I'm not gonna make a Titan or Hunter character until I can get my Warlock with all legendaries. Farming mostly from Crucible and I only get them when I really play well (4.5k+ in control, 2000+ in Skirmish) but yeah, fun stuff man.

I'm gonna try and get my hands on an exotic this weekend with X'ur on his way back. We'll see, since I still need 4 more strange coins to get an exotic weapon.

Edited by Dion, 19 September 2014 - 08:14 AM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#39 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

From what I'm hearing there is a material exchange system that Xur has that with give you 3 strange coins. Conflicting reports say not everyone has it, but the most trending topic on bungie.net has all the info.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

I picked up an Exotic Weapon bounty for the Exotic shotgun yesterday. Gonna be a long slog. Farming for Legendary engrams feels like a colossal waste of time.

147.png