8 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

nSfajBs2nyQ

Yep. MGSV is a real thing. Excited? So am I. The trailer is supposedly a throw off to confuse fans, but there are several easter eggs thrown into the mix to help us realize that the trailer is actually showcasing MGSV. No surprise, though. Kojima is known for tricks like this. What do you guys think?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Wait....what?

What were the easter eggs?

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Wait....what?

What were the easter eggs?

Man on fire has a Volgin design. You can see Psycho Mantis floating off the ground at around 2:39. Little references to the previous MG titles, including all the fire etc, a major theme in Big Boss' story in the series. Also, reported CEO of the "studio" producing the game is Joakim Mogren. Joakim is an anagram for Kojima, director of all the other MGS games and Mogren is a play at Project Ogre, another project Kojima is supposedly working on, perhaps pointing out that The Phantom Pain and Project Ogre are one and the same o:

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Not to mention bandage head looks like Snake .-.

147.png

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

that's obvious enough to pass by without pointing out lol.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#6 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hey. HEY. The guy is crawling like it's a MGS game too. Dead giveaway. Ugggghhhhh. CJ you know nothing about Metal Gear.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#7 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'd like to see what they'll pull out for this game. I figured the next game would have a different main to play, but that doesn't seem like the case (at the moment). I find it a little tiring with snake popping up again. Don't get me wrong, I like snake, but I'm wondering how this thing would work without exhausting snake as character.

But those are my thoughts. This looks really cool so I can't wait to see more.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#8 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Which Snake we talking here?

And damn Kojima, stahp making good games.

Also the two games are not the same game. Kojima was getting mad at everyone about that.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

So guys. Time to speculate a little here since you plebs dont seem to care enough about this. At least not on a level that I do. >.>;

So here's what we have. 

Okay. Watch that trailer if you haven't already.

Here's what we know - 

GZ starts with a mission that involves saving Amanda, Chico and maybe Kaz from a separate organization. 

Big Boss loses his left arm after falling into a coma for 9 years at the end of GZ.

GZ will likely show MSF being destroyed.

He wakes up after those 9 years and is lead out of a hospital by Ishmael - a nod towards the novel Moby Dick (Ishmael will likely be a hallucination or a figment of his imagination, for those unfamiliar with the plot of MD)

Said left arm is replaced with a red bionic arm. Boss also has some sort of shrapnel stuck on the right side of his skull. This was supposedly embedded when MSF was destroyed at the end of GZ.

Kaz loses his right arm and his left leg at some point in MGS5, after GZ. Evidenced by how Snake helps Kaz out of the heli at the end of the trailer. Boss has a bionic red left arm. 

However, there is no way to know that the above is accurate. Since Kaz could have lost his limbs in GZ and then have his bionic counterparts removed by whomever kidnapped him. No way to know yet.

The Phantom Pain seems to refer to the phantom limb effect a person experiences after losing a limb.

It is implied Kaz is consumed by rage and a thirst for revenge.

Kaz is in league with Ocelot whose role is yet to be revealed.

Kaz and Ocelot torture Huey Emmerich together. Whether there is a falling out between Boss and Kaz or Huey defects at some point is yet to be seen.

Quiet seems to be able to change the color of her skin at will - similar to an Octo-Camo effect.

So yeah, just a little brief summary about everything that may or may not be happening and some thoughts that I had about it all. Discuss prospects, guys D: I wanna speculate about this game with someone 

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg