• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'm up for the transfer, though I sure do hope some of our more inactive members get a notification when we do switch sites :v

Also does the new system support Youtube notifications?

Of course they will.

Also, doublepost just to nip this in the bud since I forgot to mention it:

Before ANYONE gives me grief about the Inferno being canned, answer one question for me:

Did you even beat Chapter 4? Did you even play it?

Played to chapter 2, then stopped. To be honest it got to repetitive and boring for my taste. The lag didn't help at all either.

a>

#22 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

The point of that comment was to avoid having scores of people say "no we should keep the inferno around" while they themselves don't even play it anymore, anyway. We had two people (including me) finish the most recent installment. 2-3 others got close but didn't finish. I've heard of no other final boss wins besides just the two (Artemis and I) and I'm honestly not going to keep devoting months of my time into developing a game that one person will be playing, much as I do love that one person. It's just not a smart usage of time at all. I'd be better off just collapsing the story into a novel of sorts in the future.

And I'm still concerned about losing our posts. There's a LOT of logs here from a long while ago that I wouldn't want to lose over a transfer like this. If there is ANY way to save the posts on the forum, I'll chip in to get it done. It is the only issue I have with any of this at this point. I do not want to lose what we've built here over the past few years. :I

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#23 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I have received confirmation that we will be able to transfer everything over including members, posts.

a>

#24 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

So then all we're really upgrading is the interface with which we handle said members and posts? I can dig it. I'm really not sure how much I care for the interconnectivity with facebook and twitter and shit, but whatever.

What other sorts of features besides those useless ones are we looking at?

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#25 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

There is really a lot to type in a post, I suggest you visit their community and find out for yourself. But here are the two links that confirm it.

http://community.inv...unity-suite-r37

http://community.inv...in-4-converter/

a>

#26 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

For the record, my vote goes with Iggy in terms of the Inferno. I've been fighting to keep it for his sake, but I think we're ready to let it go.

Also he's totally right about us being a Roleplay Forum :v

147.png

#27 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

What kind of a timeline are we looking at here?

I'm fine with a site change. Kind of sucks that we'll lose all the posts here. I hit 1000 and everything. Not to mention Inferno which I'm willing to program for, though which I have almost no progress in. I'll try to start it this break if I have some time. Not sure this is the best approach if Iggy wants to add stuff to his game. Depends on what stuff.

Also, a couple months ago I played the heck out of the Inferno, I'm in the complex. I beat all the marks except the biggest one, which I never tried. I was trying to get in the mindset to farm like crazy. But stuff got in the way and I had to hold off. I still want to do the tourney, I still want to beat it, etc.

Also we should try to keep KG initials for the website, imo, even if we drop Knightly-Gamers.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#28 Midnight

Midnight

Page

• Page
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:13 AM

Khilled Graviera

I'm kay with changing the site.

but I do agree with lex. Brad and I are in agreement that calling the site anything but KG would be weird.

death-note-l-3_facebook_timeline_cover.j

"There are many types of monsters in this world, monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble. Monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and, monsters who always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters. They pose as humans, even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat, even though they've never experienced hunger. They study even though the have no interest in academics. They seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster, I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth, I am that monster."

-L

#29 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I have 100 PMs though. Are those gonna be transferred too or am I gonna have to move them over to Notepad and save them?

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#30 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

I assume so. I'd save them just in case.

a>