#242 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'm gonna put this here in case I forget to make it clear.

ARMOR skills, that is, stuff like Axel's Kinetic Armor, last for a certain number of attacks taken against them, dependent on the Stamina cost of the action. The amount of attacks a given Armor can take is S+2, meaning a 1-Stam Armor can take 3 attacks for one cast of it, while a 6-Stam Armor can take 8 attacks for one cast of it. These numbers will be kept track during battles, so don't worry. I just thought this was an important thing to say, because ALL that Armor does is cut off damage from attacks, as opposed to shields, which give a potential to 100% avoid all damage from an attack each time you try it. Also note that Armor and Shield DO NOT STACK. If you block with a Shield, your Armor does not take a hit, and it does not add on to the damage you resisted. Armors tend to give higher defensive stats than Shields, because they are intended to be a last-resort sort of deal for taking damage as opposed to the primary one (in cases where a character has BOTH shield and armor) which keeps both the Armor (less damage consistently) and the Shield (potentially 0 damage) both as viable means of defense without one being strictly better than the other.

Note that there are no Armor skills for evasion, specifically, but if you dodge an attack with Armor active (and you do not use a special "dodge" skill [one with a %d]), it WILL cut down on damage received.

Also of note is that Dodges, Blocks, AND Armor can all be used to cut down on Mental attack damage, regardless how the Mental attack is performed. Don't try to think of that in-universe; it's a purely meta concept.

For clarity, an exhaustive list of Armor skills across all characters:

Nathan Hendricks

- Scutes

- Anky Shell

- Full Armor

- Thago Armor*

Jack Fross

- Spike Armor*

- Spike Armor+*

- Battle Armor*

Nathaniel Simmons

- Armor

- Steel Armor

- Battle Armor*

Axel Redwood

- Kinetic Armor

- Force Armor

- Hard Armor

Shine Willet

- Umbrarmor

- Umbrarmor+

- Umbrarmor++

Alessandro Iabello

- Square**

- Square Armor

- Cube Gear

Zoey Lomadia

- Fungal Skin

- Mushy Carapace

- Shroom Armor

- Spore Armor*

Dale Stallworth

- Chestplate

- Helmet

Amala Singh

- Blood Shell

- Party Shell

Rose Hallfield

- Fire Coat

- Burning Rage*

- Flame On*

Ken Locke

- Dovetailed Swallow***

- Rhino Hide

*These armors actually last for [Stam] duration, not [Stam+2], due to their extra effects. In most of these cases, it's still 6, which will generally feel like MORE than enough.

**Squares act as armor (3 hits and they shatter) but unlike NORMAL armor, it can be made to sit stationary on the battlefield, rather than being forced to follow him around.

***Ken is weird in that this is an "evasive armor." It's not a dodge skill, it's just one which allows his evasions to be a whole heck of a lot better than normal. He would be able to "use it" once and be allowed to dodge 7 attacks with it before he needs to spend 5 more Stamina.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#243 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

um... The armor thing, who does this all apply to? 

#244 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Are you blind or just dumb? It applied to all of the current members of the class aside from Ellie and Jason. I wrote it all up there u bum.

a5g7ld.gif

#245 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

I could swear that wasn't there the first time. But I also can swear I didn't scroll whatsoever lol

Edited by Griever, 27 March 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#246 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Regardless of that it's pretty simple to realize that everyone has armor skills. Even Jason has quasi armor skills, but they're actually just blocks without %b on them. Ellie's the only one with none because, well, she's the only character who literally never wants to take a hit ever under any circumstances.

a5g7ld.gif

#247 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Current timeline/plan:

Friday afternoon (because I'm going to be swamped all day tomorrow; not too much to post for Zoey don't worry Ralor <3), peeps are gonna be kicked out of Allison's office, assuming no further questions are asked between now and then. I'll try and answer any questions that are posed between the times, but yeah.

Act 2 will be starting on Monday (EARLIEST; if there are no posts this weekend fine we won't start earlier than Monday; I like to take some time to just relax myself every now and again and I have a bunch of shit to do this weekend), barring anyone who NEEDS to do something still in this scene of the Intermission (pretty sure only Ralor will be held up a bit; but that should be finished by Monday without issue~). It won't be much of a "problem" since there will be more downtime tomorrow night RP-wise to dick around if people want/need it. Act 2 is much longer than Act 1 was. Expect me to keep up with those time updates during downtime posting, in order to keep time flowing when downtime is happening in order to like... get us to actually move on and not dick around for weeks on end doing nothing of value.

Also note:

No students will be allowed (meta) to do any individual SMART Room training during Act 2 Scene 1. I'll explain more on why when we get there~ <3

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THIS:

Once Act 2 begins (you guys now know when it will start!), any characters which DO NOT POST before the first mission of Act 2 begins will be considered "inactive" and will be "written out" of the story and pushed to the sidelines so that those who are "active" will not be held down. As of right now, we're looking at the current roster being sliced cleanly in half by people who have not posted in quite some time, but I chalk some of that up to Intermissions being poop.

Ones I am concerned about and would like to hear some news on before Act 2 rolls around (if at all possible):

Dale / Kai

Rose / Noodle

Jason / Epic

Alessandro / Lex

Raidese / Wynn

If you're not listed, it means you've either been active or I'm already aware of your situation [Dion has been waiting for Act 2; Kersha has been bogged down with school and will be on temp inactive until she lets me know otherwise].

Just to make this clear: It does NOT MAKE ME UPSET OR ANGRY when things like this happen. :3 The RP is purposely flexible to allow people to drop in and out as they must due to school/life/whatever that comes up to interrupt things. It happens. I understand. I just like knowing for sure one way or the other so that I don't sit around waiting on people who physically cannot post, so I draw up cutoffs/deadlines so I don't feel like an ass holding things up for people who have dropped out (temporarily or otherwise).

a5g7ld.gif

#248 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

See, I am totes ok with this <.< I love posting and I get to be able to <3 I'm enjoying the interactions very very much. I DO think Iggy everyone is waiting for the intermission to end, IF anything. I'm mostly  sure that Roy and Val would be posting more, but really the only bit of the intermission that was really well explored was "yesterday" "today" Me and Dream were REALLY the only ones that had  "stuff" to do outside training that was pretty in depth. Maybe the intermissions should be a little shorter in the future? And just do a time skip with a single day of goofing off?... Not sure what that would do for training missions tho...

Anyway yes just wanted to say I like everything, I still need more NatexAxel in my life but there can never be enough NatexAxel. Also spring break for a few so I know people are busy. Hopefully this week everything will pick up. 

Also if I disappear for a few days starting tomorrow (?) I'll "try" and be back by thursday. Not sure if I'm doing stuff or not..

#249 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

Change of plans, folks. I'm in a pretty shitty spot psychologically right now, so I won't be getting to the main thread posting in a while. Should hopefully be up late tonight, but don't go counting chickens. I'll be keeping pace with Ralor's training, but don't expect many (if any) Allison posts.

a5g7ld.gif

#250 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

I don't want to quit this but I may have to hold off for about a month. I'll update my status as frequently possible.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#251 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

I'm not sure this was ever made clear, but I'm gonna make it clear now because some things have been happening in this battle with Ralor's character that make me question whether or not this was ever said.

ACTIONS dictate the battle flow. 1 attack = 1 action. In fact, I'm fairly certain this is in the second post... okay it's not outlined clearly there, so I'll write it up more formally here and then edit it into there, as well.

---Actions

During each turn, everything you do will take up at most 1 action. The amount of actions you can do in a turn is only limited by your total Stamina, however every Action you do in your post is one Action FORFEITED in the turn rotation under circumstances such as: Attack cancellation, defending an attack, etc. If you put together a long string of actions from your character, you'd best be sure that your actions will either:

1. DEFEAT the target enemy

2. cause the target enemy to have NO OPENINGS in which to properly counter without taking substantial damage.

Utilizing actions effectively is the way to succeed in battle. This is why written attacks such as "he would use as many x as required" will always always be interpreted as infinite actions used up which means that you are completely at the mercy of the opponent if you make such an action, since that now becomes your character's answer for anything the enemy does. You need to be very careful when setting this up, because no one character can do multiple attacks per action except in cases where a character is using a combo attack, which allows multiple attacks to string together into ONE action (aka it cannot be "partially" canceled it's an all or nothing). MOST of these combo attacks have conditions (successful block, hitting special effect chance, etc). Most attacks do not combo together naturally.

The Quick attribute circumvents this action order and says that, if you hit your Quick chance, your action takes place BEFORE the equivalent enemy action. For example, if you punch someone and activate Quick, and the enemy tries to block you with a shield, you punch them BEFORE the shield is made, allowing more damage potential. If you catch someone trying to dodge, you WILL hit their Endurance, NOT Agility, if you hit a Quick chance to cancel a dodge. Likewise, Quick chances activating on a block or a dodge make that block or dodge happen BEFORE the attack, meaning you had practically limitless time to make it perfect, so it acts the same as a b or d chance (aka you take 0 damage). You do not need a block or dodge skill for a Quick chance to activate, with proper Gear, meaning that Axel (for example, since he has no b skills) equipped with Quick Boots could still theoretically get a "perfect block" if he rolls his Quick chance on a blocking attempt.

This is probably rambling and I'll have to re-word it in the morning when my eyes aren't crusting over but yeah. Important stuff to note going forward, because I'm going to (as evidenced with my recent post against Zoey) start punishing utterly ridiculous attempts to abuse the turn-based battle system. It's not turn-based. It's a regular Roleplay battle. Your enemies do not stand still and let you attack them when it's your "turn" to attack.

PS: Ralor. Seriously this time. Tomorrow, I'll be "on" mostly all day, checking in every half hour or so. If you're on, we'll be able to finish up your mission completely and then we can move on to act 2 tomorrow night, which I would really really like to do since I've already delayed this a week. Latest I'll be starting Act 2 is Monday night, and if we can't finish the mission by then (I feel bad saying this but) I'll end it prematurely, because we're gonna need 100% hands on deck for Act 2: Scene 1.

PPS: Everyone else. Once Act 2 starts up, you guys will have between then and the beginning of the first major event of Scene 1 (meeting up with the professors) to post here (explaining why you won't be able to post in the time frame) or in the main RP thread (reacting to morning events) (this might not happen until Fr- oh Wednesday it'll happen by Wednesday) if you want your character to be involved in the events of Scene 1. I will assume everyone who does not post in either place to be inactive until A2S2. If you really want to be a part of this roleplay I suggest you don't miss A2S1.

a5g7ld.gif

#252 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Posting here to say I have nothing to post about in the thread, so I'm just gonna wait until the time skip unless anyone will actively seek Nate out to talk to him. He'd be hanging around the fountain outside or his bedroom. Posting for him again would be pointless, since I'd be rehashing the same thoughts and just posting for the sake of posting. That is all.

147.png

#253 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Same here. >.> I don't think Axel would actually be in the mood to talk...even though he spent a good amount of time by himself already.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#254 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Yup, I'm aware of this in most cases. It's only not skipping because I wanted to give Ralor a bit of extra time to hopefully finish his mission first. Once it finishes (or tomorrow night) we'll be moving ahead, whichever comes first. Nothing currently happening with Jack+Ellie needs to happen now and Shine's investigative journalism will likely not take too long.

a5g7ld.gif

#255 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Shines investigation is just to learn as much as she can from the library, and now probably the displays, before the day ends. If a time skip were to happen at any time during her investigation it'd be fine because I'm assuming her actions will been implied if it happens so information she could gather will still pop up. Of course that's up to Ig in the end.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#256 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yup, that's pretty much how it would shake out. If anything relevant happens down the road, I'd mention in-line that Shine would remember such-and-such from her investigation, even if she never "actually" discovered that before the jump.

a5g7ld.gif

#257 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

Okay! We're officially in Act 2! Starting tomorrow at around 2, I won't be available for more serious posting until Friday, so I'm just going to say flat out you bitches have until Friday night at midnight to make posts for the beginning of Act 2 or we will progress and assume you are not participating.

Please do note that Scenes 1&2 are going to be very tightly interlinked, where if you miss Scene 1, you will very likely miss Scene 2 as well, and both of them are full missions! I suggest not missing either of them, but I'm not your dad. I have problems because I almost put mom there omg.

I feel like a broken record, but: If you do not participate, I do not (EVER) take it personally. The RP is designed so you guys can jump in or out whenever you need to due to school, work, or what have you. We do not NEED everyone to be active in order to run stuff. Events and missions will just end up being smaller than initially planned if we have fewer peeps. And that's not necessarily the end of the world.

I strongly STRONGLY SUGGEST that anyone who wants to actually be useful/competitive in the future (when we finally get to face off against Haven and the LEAGUE OF DOOM) try their bestest to miss as few Scenes as possible.

a5g7ld.gif

#258 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Ok sorry about not posting for Jack I was kinda gone all day yesterday and most of the day today. And I had little notice about how much fun I was gonna have and how much sex was going to not be done, so yeah.

#259 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Doesn't bother me. That conversation could have been cut whenever and it wouldn't have changed much. o,o

a5g7ld.gif

#260 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Before I forget to bring this up again:

You are allowed to FULLY re-spec your character's Stats sometime between now and when the first mission of Act 2 starts up (which will be soon). Once the map and everything is made and the first GM post happens, stats will be collected from the roster and any changes after that point (beyond leveling) will be reverted by Val or myself.

"How do I re-spec?" you're probably asking.

It's a simple process. Here it is in a nice numbered list format for you:

1. Count up the total SP you have on your character's stats; DO NOT include Passive boosts.
  2. Subtract 8 from that total. Record the result, let's call this number X.
  3. Reset all stats to 0.
  4. Add on 8 points to your stats under the special condition that no stat may exceed 3 at this stage.
  5. Add your X points back on, subject to the rule that you may add NO MORE THAN X/2 (rounded up) to any one stat.
  6. Congratulations, you are officially re-spec'd!

You may not re-spec your Powers. Those are set in stone and cannot ever be changed.

Here's an example of this process, using Jack as the example character. I'm going to actually put her right back to how she is right now, but using a different set of base stats at level 1/1. Her current stats are:

STR - 2

AGI - 4

DUR - 3

RSN - 0

PSY - 3

Or, another way of writing them: 2/4/3/0/3

1. Total SP: 12
  2. 12 - 8 = 4 = X.
  3. Stats: 0/0/0/0/0
  4. Stats: 2/2/2/0/2
  5. Stats: 0/2/1/0/1 (added on; X/2 = 2, so 2 is the most I can add to one stat!)
    Stats: 2/4/3/0/3
  6. And voila! Finished!

Simple. If I wanted to line that up with her level log, I could easily say:

2/1 - +1 Psy

3/1 - +1 Agi

3/2 - +1 Dur

4/2 - +1 Agi

And I don't encounter any issues with the "You may not level a stat two levels in a row" issue.

Okay~ Good.

NOTE THAT YOU ARE UNDER ABSOLUTELY NO OBLIGATION TO CHANGE YOUR STATS. THIS WINDOW WILL ONLY BE OPEN UNTIL THE MISSION BEGINS. IF YOU ARE NOT ON OR AROUND DURING THIS WINDOW TO RESPEC YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT WINDOW TO OPEN UP AT THE BEGINNING OF ACT 3.

SECOND NOTE: You do not need to change your stats drastically. It can be as small as moving one of your levelups from Psyche to Reason or changing your base stats from 1/1/2/2/2 to 2/2/2/0/2 and keeping everything else the same. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE EVERYTHING. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE ANYTHING. Whatever you do or do not change is completely up to you.

PS. The shop has been updated with two new items and the introduction of the fifth (and final) equipment slot in Capes. It incorporates stuff that's on your shoulders (pauldrons) or back (packs) or capes (capes). I feel it's important to bring this to people's attention for some reason or another. Every one of the five different special skills now has 2 pieces of gear to give a +1 in it. Please note that these are still in the same category as everything else. You can leave them being 100% meta and never have your character actually wear any of what you buy (but list it in your roster so that it will add to your stats) or you can have them be actual items you receive and equip. Or anything in-between. You can purchase and use the Light Cape without actually having any cape on at all.

a5g7ld.gif