#281 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hopefully we'll be done with this fight today/tomorrow and then we'll be on to the final boss fight, possibly finishing up around Friday. Fingers crossed for this to be the case, but I also wouldn't put much stock in finishing the battles we have planned by Friday.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#282 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

To clarify!

I made a new, separate thread here for anyone who's interested in jumping back into the RP at the current time. The reason I made a separate thread is for a few reasons.

1. People jumping back in won't need to sift through pages of battle posts that don't pertain to them to find the one GM post that DOES (or the one post by the other player they're talking to)

2. People in the battles won't be needlessly distracted by events that do not directly/immediately concern them unless they purposely seek those events out.

3. Everything is cleaner and neater this way.

Feel free to make a post there with your character doing whatever on the school grounds. Uh, not sure how much this will matter to anyone, but it's interesting information?

Class D (Troy Gavin, Carlos Reyes, Robert Jefferson, Zeronia Naraya, and their proctor Heather Isaacs) is in a training session in the SMART Room, concurrent with the current training session for Classes A-C.

Other NPC's and their locations in the school right now:

Desmond Dawson is off-campus; he headed to Milencia for the day with a couple of coworkers to get laid.

Blaine Dawson is running on the treadmill, boosting his speed and endurance at record speed!

Pascal "Pike" Sloan is in his room, making something special for someone special.

Artemis Aurum is in the library, sitting on a desk and eating oreos while reading a book backwards.

Evelynn Rydell is out by the fountain, watching martial arts videos on her laptop and practicing the moves.

Kim Diehl is holed up in the infirmary, despite it being a beautiful day out. She is depressed, as per usual.

Professor Haley Church is out on the grounds, playing a game of tennis with Professor Jeremiah Ripple.

Headmaster Allison Praesent is sitting in her office, doing some puzzles with her feet up on her desk.

NPC Appearances:

Haley Church is a slender, athletic woman with long, blonde hair. Mr. Ripple, contrary to his usual appearance, is thin, muscular, and, in a word, hot. He's also very sweaty. Very sweaty.

Artemis is scrawny; more bone than meat. He has scraggly black hair and wide, blue eyes. He's wearing a blue polo and khaki shorts; no shoes or socks.

Evelynn is a fit girl with shoulder-length brown hair and emerald-green eyes. She's wearing a white tank and black short-shorts, with arm and leg weights (five pounds) strapped to her shins and forearms. A yellow sweatband is wrapped around her forehead; her hair is tied in a ponytail by a yellow scrunchie. Her heavy-duty, high-tech headphones hang around her neck, the wire stretching down into her pocket.

Pike is a tall boy with dark brown hair and a dark complexion. He is wearing a beige button-down and mesh shorts with sandals. He's sitting at the desk with the door to his room (and the window in his room) wide open as he works away at a gorgeous blue crystal, slowly and carefully carving it into a clearly specific shape.

Kim has short, blonde hair and wide, blue eyes that hang half-open all the time. She wears too much eyeshadow and is wearing a black tank and short pink skirt under a white lab coat. She's sitting at her desk, head slumped in her arms as she pretends to scribble through paperwork.

Allison is tan-skinned with long, straight black hair (today styled in a tight bun with a few purposely loose strands giving her an "exotic" (her words) look). She is wearing a half-buttoned white shirt and a black pencil skirt. Her feet are bare.

Setting for the day: It's sunny, low 70's (F) and there's a pleasant breeze in from the south. An absolutely gorgeous day, perfect for any sort of outdoors activity. The current time is mid to late afternoon.

#283 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:50 PM

Oh wow I'm set when I get around to being back. Thanks Iggy. I SHOULD be available Friday for a post so long forward to the CASUAL return of Ari.

Also, what happened to him while I was out of his brain?

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#284 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

This is for everyone and not just Lex:

The end of Act 1 saw EVERYONE present unless you joined AFTER this point (Jason and Ken, I think, are the only two?) or were otherwise not present (Ludo). It involved an interruption from Haven. The full post can be found here.

The end of the second intermission (aka right before we moved on to today's mission) involved a confession from Allison, which, again, EVERYONE (sans Ludo) was canonically present for. The full post for this can be found here.

Aside from this, nothing much important happened. There were a few small clues I dropped in some GM posts here and there, foreshadowing what's coming next, but none of that is really stuff your CHARACTERS have missed. So yeah. That should catch everybody up and have you all ready to go.

PS. Dex should read these two posts, as well, because Ludo will be filled in on the developments by Allison after this mission, and I'm only gonna reference those posts; I don't wanna write out all that junk again.

a5g7ld.gif

#285 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

be home in a bit. about 30 min away. had a ton of fun. i will post a bit later

#286 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I was pretty busy all weekend and my free time last night was squandered on being a poop, so I only got around to making another post today. So... you haven't missed much.

a5g7ld.gif

#287 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

I'm gonna GM and Nate post a little later tonight. I'm gonna get to work on it.

147.png

#288 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Double post because fuck you guys.

Some personal shit came up last night which left me at 11 o clock drained and exhausted. I'm real sorry, since Ralor asked me to GM post and I had every intention of doing so. Sometimes shit happens. In any event, I'm gonna get to work on it now so you guys will have it when you roll around

147.png

#289 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

so our guests busted the power in the living room. the comp is in there. i have no idea when we will be able to fix it. i will be able to post tonight at my friends but bexond that i do not know. on my flip right now awful for posting

#290 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

so our guests busted the power in the living room. the comp is in there. i have no idea when we will be able to fix it. i will be able to post tonight at my friends but bexond that i do not know. on my flip right now awful for posting

#291 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

I'm posting here to clear up some things. I'm also tired and cranky, so whatever. Deal with my minor wrath.

This is aimed at only a few of you, but I think what I'm saying are general rules everyone should keep in mind at all times when roleplaying. They're kind of basics.

Please remember that your actions in battle do not exist in a vaccuum. If you notice that Iggy or I are going exceptionally hard on your character, that's usually a punishment.

If you set up an incredible combo of multiple hits without thinking about defense, you will likely be counter-attacked. Here is my reasoning:

If any character attacks 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 times in a row, the damage gets ridiculous quickly. If you do just 1 damage per attack, you're locking down at least 7 damage. If you hit a 4 roll on each of those, you're doing 28. Is that kind of extreme? I think so. I really think so. Most people don't swing for 1d4 damage.

Not to mention, you're fighting against an enemy that is capable of defending itself. No one will let you just walk up and wail away on them. No one. So, if you perform a ridiculously long combination of attacks, you should be prepared for swift and unfair counter attacks.

Why cheat?

It's not cheating. If I tell you "I am going to do this and then that, and then this." then that is what you are aiming to do. What happens if you fail? You didn't account for that, so you didn't expect it, so it takes you by surprise (so you get f'd in the a.)

Even the weakest opponent will try and escape someone beating the crap out of them relentlessly. Be mindful of how many times you're aiming to attack.

You want a golden rule? Aim for two or three. Move in a way so much so that you aren't standing there like a tard taking shots on the chin.

When there's a MASSIVE LASER CHARGING, for example, don't assuming that running around like a silly person is a reasonable defensive strategy. It isn't. Saying in your post "tanking the hit" is applying meta concepts. Who actually stands there and just takes hits for fun? Not many people. Usually they do so for a reason - like to counter attack. Not to run around. If you're running you aren't tanking. This is common freaking sense, people. Common sense. Put yourself in these situations. Think logically and critically, especially if you're attempting to roleplay an "intelligent" or "moderately intelligent" individual. Moderately intelligent people realize that if there's an explosion nearby, they probably shouldn't try to tank that hit. Brace yourself. Stand your ground. Evade away. Don't pretend it didn't happen.

Finally, if you're trying to attempt things outside of the norm, like scaling robots like Nate did earlier, or even cutting tubs on robots, try to be as clear and concise as possible. Give details so that we know how you are attempting to go about this. If you make unclear posts or barely spare three words to try and orchestrate a difficult plan, it's very unlikely that Iggy or I are going to give a fuck and just make you auto fail.

When George was trying to just climb the mech, that was never going to work. Ever. Why?

I'll tell you.

Seeing the robot's rage overcoming it, Zoey used the moment to approach the bot and spawn in George, who would attempt to climb the bot and hit smash its visor, where she also aimed a mushroom.

How is he trying to climb the mech? Is he near the legs? Can he get stomped? Is he trying to climb the chest? How will he attempt to scale a shear object made of flat, smooth panels? The visor is the mech's head, as I've stated many times. The mech is like eight to ten feet tall. That's a lot of climbing. That's a pretty decent throwing distance, too.

If you're gonna do this, you better tell me and CONVINCE ME that you know that this is doable. When I made Nate try to scale the Heavy Mech in the last battle, I was very clear about what I tried to do. Make a sword. Slam it into the arm. Use it as a way to pull himself up. That has a lot of variables that we can think about and react to.

Try to be detailed and get involved in all of your posts. Aim your attacks. Get into it. Think critically. Aim at joins or weakpoints. Think outside of the box. Come on. Use your noodle. I'm not only talking about one person when I say that. I'm really disappointed that the SAME EXACT MISTAKES keep happening. I keep punishing the offenders, but they never try to do things differently or realize their tactics aren't working.

If you are being met with failure and automatic counter-attacks, maybe you should re-think your strategy. These same things don't happen to every character, do they?

That's all. We're 80 pages in. This is no one's first roleplay. I'm tired of rookie mistakes. You're better than this.

That is all.

147.png

#292 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Srop being Lazy and fluffing RP like YOU would handle it if YOU were in YOUR characters shoes. Stop being dumb or I will hurt you lots. I will continue to hurt you lots until you stop being lazy and put more thought into your shiiiiit. Also (Dammit Zal EXPLAIN MORE CLEARLY NEXT TIME YOU DUMB DOODOOFACE Y U ALWAYS GOTTA MAKE THINGS MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT SHOULD BE.

I luh you Val and Ok I will try to not be so complicated. I accept your rage and will improve and make myself better~ 

#293 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Lol. <.< I could always bring back those old Guardian posts...Especially that one time against Behemoth. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#294 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Just to throw this out there because I feel it's important to note in addition: Dion has been doing perfectly well in this fight with the boss. It's not *entirely* his fault that his character is getting manhandled. The only reason that's happening is because he's level 2. His dodges would be working INFINITELY better if he had a dodge skill available to him. He also gets a lot of shitty rolls against him (like I mean he averages 3+ on the rolls from the boss against him) so yeah. You aren't being punished so much as just... it's a bit of an indicator that Kenny is just behind the others by a bit. Which is fine. He'll catch up. :> Kenny has been fighting smart and well, the numbers just haven't liked him for whatever reason.

a5g7ld.gif

#295 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

This is an example of what I expect from each of you:

Gloves

+1 STR

+1 Speed

Doubles as a marble pouch for Nate

- I have no idea for a name yet -

147.png

#296 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Scarf (Capes slot)

+1 AGI

+1 Speed

- amps up the ice along Jack's biceps and shoulders, giving her additional ridges and spikes while it's worn -

"Frostbite Scarf"

a5g7ld.gif

#297 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

Mask

DUR

Stealth

Makes Zoey feel awesome

Shroomy Goggles

Edited by Ralor, 04 May 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#298 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Allows her to give others a temporary Fungal Skin

No. This is not what I said. You can't do this.

147.png

#299 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

eh, never mind

Boots

+1 STR

+1 Force

-Electricity constantly surrounds his boots while worn

Electric Slide

Edited by Dexel, 04 May 2013 - 10:03 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#300 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Gloves

+1 STR

+1 Force

- Wind Wire attaches to her scythe from the gloves, keeping her from losing her scythe when she needs to 2 hand.

Edited by Griever, 04 May 2013 - 10:04 PM.