• Please log in to reply
407 replies to this topic

#341 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

I shet you knot. I opened it and closed it before it could finish and it opened itself back up and finished it for me.

Yup.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#342 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Excuse me, sirs, I am very disappoint.

147.png

#343 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Which sirs are you talking to?

#344 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

The posting levels have been absolutely putrid lately :\ I was hoping that some people would be returning to us for a few weeks over the summer. Maybe I'll have to wait a little longer for that.

147.png

#345 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

O btw HoA needs attention  .-. Lots of it. don't ask about Juggles cus I'm not sure he was super excited for awhile >.> but then nothing happened s he may have fallen off lol

#346 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

double posting but whatever.

First off HoA needs a GM let down, or some type of response in OoC or RP thread and I'm "fairly" sure it MAY or may not be dead at this moment. Wayward is asking and has been for a bit. Not sure what this means for the other roleplayers, but I DO believe they should get some type of response >_>;

Second off, what is going on with HoM? 

Edited by Griever, 07 June 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#347 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm gonna keep up with HoA; I've been really... bad. At life. Since I've come home. I've barely been here or on SEO, or the interwebs in general that isn't watching vidyas on utube. But I'm gonna try and fix that.

147.png

#348 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:26 PM

HoM has been slacking because I'm a giant poopy butt. It's been difficult (read: nearly impossible) for me to pry myself away from Yuko for the hour+ it would take to make a post here, and when I have it's been more of me working on stuff that requires smaller time commitments, tutoring a local high schooler for monies, or searching for an actual hourly-wage job. (or game of thrones)

So, yeah. I've been pretty much an unmitigated disaster the past 2 weeks oops. I'll try and be better moving forward. Posting now, though, in both halves of the roleplay. D:

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#349 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

OKAY SO I LIED SUE ME.

But this time I'm actually serious. I want to ask you guys a significant/important question.

If we revive this RP, would you be down to continue it? Because I'm actually getting better at budgeting my time and have managed to scrounge up that elusive thing known as "free time" in which I'm actually dicking around on my laptop for hours every day. I would LOVE to devote this time to running this roleplay again, if you guys would have me back. <3 I'll have at least a full year before I get any sort of significant scheduling conflicts (because Fall 2014 I should be starting on with Teach for America and becoming a REAL WELL-ADJUSTED ADULT) so yeah. And even that, I'll be able to make it work.

So yes. Let me be more specific. The question is this.

To all participants in this roleplay, which option below would you prefer?

1. Revive this roleplay where it is and march on forward with the current story as it is and the characters as they are

[ this is contingent on a good number of our participants wanting to return to the current story and pick up their characters ]

2. Start up a brand new roleplay with decidedly different (but also similar) parameters - unlikely to be another reboot of a Milencia story

[ i'll do this if fewer than a decent number would prefer option 1; so if you don't want to continue this RP you can just not respond at all ]

I'm gonna make the cutoff for this Tuesday. Most of you guys are still relatively active around here, and I have Zal's phone number, so I'll be able to poke him about it, too. If I see no interest in reviving this tomorrow I'll start drafting up my interest check thread for the new RP, which will be used to both gauge interest and brainstorm ideas with you guys on what you want to see and what I want to run to come to a happy medium.

a5g7ld.gif

#350 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

God. Another reboot? Nty. I'd be fine with pushing on from where we were but I've completely forgotten where we were. I might just sit it out. >_>

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#351 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

I don't think it'd be a full on reboot of the same thing we've seen before though. Having yet another RP with us at a school being junior X-men would be dreadful, wouldn't mind it if we kept the superhero part but moved away from the Xmen aspect and went on to something Avengers like...

I'm down for anything of course though. =X

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#352 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'd be fine pushing on from where we left off if sufficient interest is built, though I must voice concerns over the future style of these RPs as well. The school for mutants concept is getting sort of tiring - I'd like it better if it was a bit more 'open', so to speak. The more 'structured' or laid-out it is, I noticed, the more prone people are to not posting about a character's individual actions. Mission, simulation, poof. Nothing seems quite that unique anymore.

Then again, we tried that in the one Jizzie and Didi managed...but to be fair, that was more an issue with people posting than anything.

( Well, and I do sort of miss The Festering Carbuncle. )

Edited by Dexel, 21 July 2013 - 02:40 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#353 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Same here, idc. Paragon is Demi-god status.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#354 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

God. Another reboot? Nty. I'd be fine with pushing on from where we were but I've completely forgotten where we were. I might just sit it out. >_>

No. We would not be rebooting. The key word was "unlikely" - as in it would NOT be more of the same. I've tried it twice. If it fails this second time officially and completely, then I'm not about to try again. That would be an exercise in futility.

I don't think it'd be a full on reboot of the same thing we've seen before though. Having yet another RP with us at a school being junior X-men would be dreadful, wouldn't mind it if we kept the superhero part but moved away from the Xmen aspect and went on to something Avengers like...

I'm down for anything of course though. =X

What I'd lean more towards is closer to Brave Story in that - instead of superheroes we go a more... grounded route with original races in an original setting with similar mechanics to Brave Story (battle-wise), with a wider, more open-world sort of feel to it. You guys would control where the story goes. I'd basically set a backdrop with defined "roles" for you guys to be in (which would be broad, not really all that narrow) and the primary limits would just be in what sorts of skills you have access to. (I'd let them be largely decided by you guys this time around; you'll see what I mean if it comes to that)

I'd be fine pushing on from where we left off if sufficient interest is built, though I must voice concerns over the future style of these RPs as well. The school for mutants concept is getting sort of tiring - I'd like it better if it was a bit more 'open', so to speak. The more 'structured' or laid-out it is, I noticed, the more prone people are to not posting about a character's individual actions. Mission, simulation, poof. Nothing seems quite that unique anymore.

Then again, we tried that in the one Jizzie and Didi managed...but to be fair, that was more an issue with people posting than anything.

( Well, and I do sort of miss The Festering Carbuncle. )

This is pretty much my thoughts as well. This RP was a bit too railroaded in its construction, I feel, which caused most of my players (you guys) to sort of lose interest and not want to post much because (at least as I saw it) you guys felt like your actions and reactions didn't really mean much or have much impact on the plot, characters, or the world around you.

That being said, in case anyone wants or needs a refresher course:

The team is all assembled and set and ready to head out to the Museum. They were recently called out by White Crow and her mysterious, apparently Azalian "boss," Black Crow. The team is operating under the quite likely assumption that Black Crow is none other than Orias Cole, a past hero who has seemingly turned down a much darker path in recent years.

The plan involves investigating the exhibits to figure out where best to lay in ambush for the Crows when they arrive. They are leaving to arrive at the museum before closing so that they have plenty of time to examine the exhibits and set everything up before their foes are set to arrive.

As of right now, you guys are basically waiting on a post from me having Kim drag you all off into the Jet and off to the Museum to enact said plans and confront the Crows.

And a brief overview of my plans in making a wholly new RP:

The setting would be steampunk-ish (US Industrial Revolution-era/Steam technology is considered state-of-the-art) and the world would be populated with six unique, original races of my own design. You'll notice some peculiar similarities with a certain novel project of mine, but the world itself in the RP isn't the same (politics, race tensions, etc) as my novel, since my novel climate is specifically tailored to that story and I'd want to create a freer, more open environment for us to muck around with.

A character could be ANY of the six races. You'd create a "unique" (it'd be one of about 30-40 possible) Vocation for your character, populated with skills (offensive, defensive, and passive) of your OWN design, drawing from particular skill "builds" that your Vocation would avail you. For example, you could mix a Swordsman with a Healer and take a "healing" tag from Healer and tack it onto a "sword slash" skill from Swordsman to create a sword slash that would heal you a percentage of the damage you dealt. You might call such a Vocation (Swordsman-Healer) something like a Paladin (the name of your Vocation would be all on you to create.)

You would also tether your character to one or more Elements, with which you engage in Artistry (which is essentially magic) utilizing your chosen Element. The system is deep and complex, and can have a large or small impact on your Vocation, depending on Race, classes chosen, and your desired Artistic Potential (magical prowess, essentially; how easily you can handle your chosen element(s)). The whole system would have VERY MINIMAL restriction (outside of the "real-world" restrictions; the normal restrictions that exist for the different races and all that jazz) so you will very likely be able to create the exact kind of character that you want to create.

The general setup would be centered around some sort of conflict which has recently stirred up nearby. You would be a citizen of [Country] with some sort of trade (decided by you, of course) and would recently have finished your mandatory military training.

I'm gonna stop there before I get too enthralled by the prospect of seeing my fledgling world come to fruition in a roleplay and then I lose my desire to actually revive HoM. I am 100% okay with and on board with attempting to breathe new/old life in HoM and bring it back. If I remember correctly, we're about 1/3 of the way through Act 2, with the last 2/3 of it being the Museum mission and a fun Battleball™ tournament. So look forward to that. At the end of Act 2, I am 1000% sure anyone who rejoins is going to beg me to push on into Act 3, and after that we can officially call the roleplay completed, if you guys wouldn't want to try and push for a second story arc (though Val and I DO have some ideas we were throwing around for a second Arc a while back, so we can DEFINITELY scrape something nice together if you guys want it).

a5g7ld.gif

#355 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

:| Nate is not a hero yet. This needs to be rectified.

147.png

#356 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:21 AM

New RP sounds good and interesting to say the least and I would love if it came to be so I could join. However I see why most people want to continue with HoM. The bond with ones character is strong within all the participants it seems.
A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

I hate you more than Cole McGrath hates water.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Posted Image

#357 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'd prefer to continue on with Zoey, but if we need to start from scratch, well, I've got some old characters who I could breath new life into.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#358 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

As it stands right now, we're looking at a student roster consisting of:

Jack

Nate

Dale

Ludo

Axel

Zoey

I think we can run it with just the six of us, if you guys keep up with posting. I'm *assuming* we'll see a return of Shine, as well, if Dream sees the posts here anytime soon, and Ellie would be sure to return if Zal ever sees my text message. So I'm gonna go ahead and make a post tomorrow morning getting us back into the swing of things. It'll open up with a short recap and a bit of an in for Kai to make a Dale post and get him on-board with the whole current plot (since he was missing for most of it) and then we'll just move forward at a normal pace. The smaller cast of 6 might work nicer, though I was also very fond of our 8-person strong (Shine, Ellie, and Ken being the 3 we lost) cast we had up until now. Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers.

Besides, if this goes off well and we press onwards and upwards, maybe more peeps will return to help us move forward. Tonight I'm gonna set up (read: copy from HoA) a cool GDOX sheet wherein we'll likely be keeping our character stats and such updated from here on out. It's nicer, more conducive to you guys keeping up on it, and just generally better and more efficient than the thread. I'll post a link when I have that up and running.

In the meantime, Val and I will (sorta) be working on getting groundwork laid out for the other RP idea to see if it's actually worth pursuing. I'm gonna throw up an interest check thread for it AFTER HoM is off the ground and trucking forward again to see if people here would actually want to participate in it. I might end up running it alongside HoM to try and help breathe life back into the RP section here, since it's been depressingly dead for a long time, and I think both ideas (HoM and the new one) have merit and could be something neat. Assuming it even garners interest once people see what direction I'm planning to go with it. And that's the last time that non-HoM RP will be mentioned in this thread by me.

a5g7ld.gif

#359 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

You would be better off doing this rp on SEO, more life and rpers. Unless your plan is to do it with our tight knit group that we have here.

a>

#360 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:23 AM

Nyeh. I've been poking around the EO RP section and I've been mostly unimpressed with what all is there, so yeah. :\

I also think it's r00d to insult the people we have here, who are already committed to HoM and who have thus far been super wonderful in keeping it moving until I became a poop and entered a relationship and my life fell apart at the seams for two months (on thursday). I also was never able to really give much of any shits about HoA over there, so I doubt I'd frequent enough to keep tabs on a new RP running over yonder. If SEO people want to join it, they're more than welcome to migrate to KG to participate. <3

a5g7ld.gif