• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

A thread for the upcoming remake of Evil Dead. Stated for release in spring 2013, this movie looks creepy. I'm not one to easily scare, but the trailers for this movie genuinely creeped the shit out of me. Discuss the upcoming movie here.

I just hope they didn't showcase all the nice, juicy, scary parts in the trailer, since that's what they usually do. 

Here's the latest trailer (viewer discretion is advised. this trailer has gore and MANY disturbing images and sequences.)

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well that sure was pretty messed up. I wasnt  scared by it as I was disgusted by it to be honest. 

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yeah. It's just downright creepy on a very inhumane level...

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#4 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

A remake? And without Ash?

Welp, don't think I'll have any interest in seeing this. I was personally hoping for a sequel to the original story but if this is successful, it might just inspire the producers to come out with one.

DHHIpKN.png

#5 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

brb wasted 3 minutes watching this crap

brb can't take movies like this seriously

To be honest it look's like pure crap.

a>

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

.-. I'm usually kind of hesitant about big budget re-do's of pretty awesome horror movies (Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc) but I've never actually watched Evil Dead. I think I'll have to make it a point to do so. The trailer looked pretty good though. Pretty creepy, good makeup, good effects, but the puking was kind of meh to me, and the knife lick/makeout was kind of silly instead of "scary" or "gross". Usually i'm not good with graphic stuff, but this was pretty tame ._.

I hope it's not bad. It has to be better than 90% of horror movies that come out lately.

147.png

#7 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

The original Evil Dead was known for its campiness though. Like, the special effects haven't really aged well imo but it adds to its charm.

I'm kinda with Blade on this one. I just don't see the need to remake something like Evil Dead when you take away certain things that made the original great. But then again, it isn't released yet so I probably shouldn't judge.

DHHIpKN.png

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, I know it's supposed to be campy and stuff, but Reimi made it and he's helping to make this one. That's my sole optimistic rationale for it. That and the plot of the story is actually pretty cool.

147.png

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

This is supposed to be what he wanted The Evil Dead to be but he didn't have the option to make it in its full potential because of what movies were expected to be/special effects and other reasons. I'm quite optimistic about it, but yeah, the throw up and the make out scenes were p dumb. Aside from that, the movie looks pretty interesting.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg