#1 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

I was thinking about making this thread along with my other threads, and with the exciting news from the Nintendo Direct conference, I think this is a perfect time to do this.

What new Pokemon would you like to see? I don't really mean types or anything; I mean what kind of animal, creature, et cetera design would you like to see? A Yeti? A Crustacean? Perhaps a pokemon with a design of a poisonous flower or an exotic space substance?

The Pokemon world is a unique one that allows for pretty much any and everything, everything you could fathom and infinite things that you could never even dream of. So go on: Share your thoughts, ideas, and wants.

---

In light of Pokemon spoilers that are coming up more and more, I decided to edit this thread a little bit.
In addition to discussing what new Pokemon you would most like to see, Which of the spoiled & confirmed Gen VI Pokemon are you most looking forward to?

Posted Image

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

I really want a Yeti. That would be really neat. I want to see a snow leopard too. That would be really cool. I'm not too sure what kind of creatures or animals I'd like to see though... I know I want to see more flying buddies. A few more bugs would be pretty cool. How about haunted armor? It could be a steel/ghost type =P 

I'd really have to think hard about what I'd want to see. Theres been a lot already and in the new Gen theres going to be ones I probably didnt even think of...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'm not big into wanting specific animals or anything, but a few more interesting birds (hummingbird?) and maybe a better panda (spinda is a joke) would be pretty cool. Since the new location seems like it's based on France (or europe?) maybe some more natural wildlife around that region.

147.png

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I want a snail that's not Magcargo. You know, one that's cool and not an evolution of a slug. :< Unfortunately they already did a play on escargot with that one. With the france setting, I hope they do a better snail (or at least make slugma/magcargo a staple of the region).

Also hoping for a LEGIT PENGUIN POKEMON as I have been since forever.

Delibird is a gimmick pokemon who really sort of sucks.

Piplup is a starter and part Steel.

I want a Water/Ice penguin. Simple. But really shouldn't be in a northern hemisphere region but idgaf.

And I really, really, really want grass to be paired with more interesting types. I want to see a Grass/Dragon. I want a Grass/Flying type that doesn't suck. I also want more interesting Fire combos, too. Fire/Water or Fire/Grass would be some interesting type combos which would produce interesting pokemon aesthetics. I know you said bleh to types, but yeah.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#5 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I want a Grass/Flying type that doesn't suck.

Jumpluff says hi.

Also, less cat Pokemon please. I don't care what they come up with as long as it isn't another cat.

DHHIpKN.png

#6 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

There can never be enough cats, Wynnie.

We need more squirrels.

2j87ib.jpg

#7 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I've like some cooler reptiles thrown in there. Like a bad ass snake.

Seriously we only have Arbok (I'm including ekans with that), Seviper (I personally thought this was a terrible joke, or could've been handled better >_>) and Serperior (that was a starter pokemon and you only get that snake when snivy evolves into it). You could throw in dratini and dragonair but uh, no. I don't just want the usual poison type. It'd be cool to throw it with a bit of fire. A grass or ground snake would be cool too. Heck a psychic snake would be pretty neat too. Also when I mean snake I mean something that's like an actual snake.

It'd be nice if we got some epic lion type of pokemon. A giant lion (like arcanines size or bigger).

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#8 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Jumpluff says hi.

I said one that doesn't suck. Jumpluff is the definition of shitty grass type. He can't even fly, despite being flying type. Tropius is BARELY an improvement.

I've like some cooler reptiles thrown in there. Like a bad ass snake.

Seriously we only have Arbok (I'm including ekans with that), Seviper (I personally thought this was a terrible joke, or could've been handled better >_>) and Serperior (that was a starter pokemon and you only get that snake when snivy evolves into it). You could throw in dratini and dragonair but uh, no. I don't just want the usual poison type. It'd be cool to throw it with a bit of fire. A grass or ground snake would be cool too. Heck a psychic snake would be pretty neat too. Also when I mean snake I mean something that's like an actual snake.

It'd be nice if we got some epic lion type of pokemon. A giant lion (like arcanines size or bigger).

In the vein of reptiles, I hope they finally make some carnivorous ancient pokemon, since they have yet to do a carnivorous dinosaur.

Gen 1 had horseshoe crab and amonite and flying reptile

3 did a flower and some bottom feeder

4 did pachy and ceratosaur

5 did a turtle and archaeopteryx

I just want a freaking theropod to show up somewhere, and I want a fossil sauropod, no banana-neck flying leaf dude who sucks.

As far as snakes go, they've done what... cobra, viper, and garden snake. They could do a boa or python very easily, and I really hope they do, but I'm worried they'll be all BUT WE HAVE DONE SO MANY SNAKES ALREADY (though they ARE making a THIRD frog/toad this gen, so fingers crossed!). D: I would love to see a new snake with an interesting, non-poison typing.

a5g7ld.gif

#9 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

> he thinks Jumpluff sucks

laughingpokemans.jpg

Bitches haven't seen my utility Jumpluff :v

And yes to carnivorous dino poke

DHHIpKN.png

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

I see your Jumpluff and I raise you a Whimsicott.

147.png

#11 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Jumpluff is outclassed by many many other, better pokemon in everything that it can do well. Give me your moveset and ability and I guarantee I can find you a pokemon with comparable utility with better typing or similarly poor typing with better utility.

a5g7ld.gif

#12 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

And I really, really, really want grass to be paired with more interesting types. I want to see a Grass/Dragon. I want a Grass/Flying type that doesn't suck. I also want more interesting Fire combos, too. Fire/Water or Fire/Grass would be some interesting type combos which would produce interesting pokemon aesthetics. I know you said bleh to types, but yeah.
I'll make an actual reply later; I just really wanted to respond to this first. The reason why I mentioned that I wasn't referring to Types for this thread is because the thread that I made that I titled as a placeholder and needed to edit is a thread to discuss the Type combinations we'd like to see. Due to it being brought up here, I did do a partial edit of the thread so that discussion can get started. I'll edit in the rest of what I want in the OP later. In the meantime, here: http://www.knightly-...ou-want-to-see/ ~
Posted Image

#13 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

I want a Raven. I nice Dark/Flying type. Would be really interesting. Another snake would be cool, no poison though. Maybe Grass/Dark or so. I'd also like to see a few more different water creatures. A sea dragon would be really cool even though we have horsea and what not. I know they'll be some really cool new ones in this Gen so hopefully some of our ideas are already being done.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#14 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

I'm terrible with thinking of ideas that aren't animal-based... However, as far as animals go: I realllyyyyyy want a Snow Leopard. I'd also like more felines with more being based off of, in particular, domestic cats. (Purrloin = <333 and I want an Egyptian Mau.) I wouldn't mind some of those evolving into wildcats like Bobcats and such, though. I really want to see a Hummingbird and a Raven as two of our next bird Pokemon. Another owl, a flamingo, and some tropical birds or more nocturnal birds would be cool, too. I hope that for our next aquatic Pokemon, we see some deep-sea, marsh/swampland, or so Pokemon that we don't yet have. For some really interesting designs, I hope that we get more ancient or extinct Pokemon. Mythical-, Urban Legend-, or Cryptic-based Pokemon would make for some really unique buddies. Hmm... Do we have a Platypus? And I want another snake. I want a beastly snake-snake, with a long body, a mean look, and vicious fangs. Ohh, a split-end tail would be sweet. I don't want it to be Poison-type, either.

I wish I could think of some things that aren't animal-based, though... like how we have Chandelure, Gigalith, and some Pokemon like those. :<

Posted Image

#15 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Psyduck-Golduck is a platypus line. :X You would think that they're ducks, but look at the hands...

Also a dark/flying raven would be so dreadfully boring. We already have TWO dark/flying birds. TWO. Mandibuzz and Honchkrow. A third would be boring and beyond old hat. I like the idea of a raven, but it doesn't need to be dark/flying to work.

Also it would be cool to have a pokemon eiffel tower lols.

a5g7ld.gif

#16 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Raven could be flying poison..? Not sure. I'd like a nice dark/purplish raven though. Something menacing. And Iw ant more different flying buddies. We have... too many... normal flying. My god we have too much.

What about a Chimera for a creature? Like the head of a lion tail of a snake, etc. That would be something pretty neat and different. 

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#17 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Since there's a normal flying type thrown in with every release I'm pretty sure we'll be getting another one. I don't mind them to be honest. Now a poisonous Raven would awesome! How would it be boring? A flying poison type could be nice if it's delivered well. I'm all for it thought because I want more cool poison types so my opinion would be considered biased (maybe?) since I like the poison types.

Now a Chimera for a pokemon. That sounds like something that would suite a legendary role. I don't think seeing Chimeras everywhere would sit well with me (or just make me feel like I'm playing Final Fantasy instead of pokemon). That would do so well as a fire poison type, imo. Fire from the lion and some poison from the snake.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#18 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

So, Gen VI Pokemon that have been spoiled so far look REALLY nice.
There's a good few that have my interest, but I can't wait to have a party that includes Noivern (I love this name) and Yveltal together. They are so beautiful. <3

Pancham, Helioptile, and Sylveon are also super adorable to me. <33
Really, though, there hasn't been a single Pokemon that we've been shown that I haven't liked. Skrelp does look a little weird, though... >__>;;;

Posted Image

#19 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

Oh man, Noivern is so going to be in my party. He looks like a bat-dragon hybrid D:

I also love the little Fire Lion that was introduced. >.< So going to make him a main one too.

The pure fairy type that was shown is so cute. It's so tiny! I love that it's just hugging a flower. Seems like the flower it hugs will change so we might so multiple different looking ones. That should be really neat.

I honestly hope they show the second stages of the starters sometime soon. That would be really amazing. @_@

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#20 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I don't think they're going to show evolved versions of the starters, but who knows! I'm looking forward to X and Y a lot, still. I'm digging a lot of the pokemon, and I kind of hope that Noivern is our new zubat >>

147.png