106 replies to this topic

#41 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I humbly welcome out new Blaziken Uber Overlords.

DHHIpKN.png

#42 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

I'm still far from sold on the Mega forms. I really don't want them to increase their stats. =/ It's unfair that a damn legendary is going to get a freaking stat boost. Mewtwo nonetheless. Already has wicked Sp Atk. Doesn't need anymore then it already has. I'm hoping theres some sort of draw back for going in these Mega forms. As long as a reasonable amount of them can go Mega then it should be fine. Moreso, if it's something like, you go into Mega form after your HP goes to X percent, then I'd be on board even moreso. Or even if you have to spend a turn transforming yourself into the form. Cause then it at least gives SOME sort of 'disadvantage' to it.

Nice to know Blaziken event can be gotten in America. Speed Boost on that mofo is gonna be insane. No one is gonna care about EV's or IV's in that stat at all. It'll just get faster as the battle goes along so yea...

What I'm more interested and excited for is this Super Training. It seems really fun and awesome. Won't have to find hundreds of pokemons to raise my guys stats up. It was a pain to get to the 510 for each of the pokemon I wanted to use. Different pokemon for different teams and what not so yea. I just hope we have a way to eliminate unwanted IV's like in B/W2 with the Salon.

Also, I don't care what anyone says. That damn Mega Lucario looks fucking beastly. Kinda sad that it's ATK gets increased in a way. I was going to use mine with SP ATK considering his move pool. But with adaptability.. it doesn't really matter cause I'd be using STAB moves on him anyway. So he'll still rape like hell. >__>

Also, I sort of hope that Mega pokemon aren't allowed in official battles and what not if there isn't a certain requirement or so to make them transform in battle. If they can just do it right off the bat... ehh... already have a strong mofo at the start. But from whats been said it doesn't seem to be the case. The whole 'turn the tide of the battle' makes me think the pokemon has to get beaten down or even maybe another pokemon in your party has to have fainted? Don't know, should see more later this month or next month. =X

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#43 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Mr. Junichi Masuda has just confirmed the next Mega Evolution.

Spoiler

Source

Edited by Wynn, 10 August 2013 - 11:54 AM.

DHHIpKN.png

#44 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

That is just too adorable. I wonder what they will do with the baby coming out. It could possibly have it's own stats. Since a pokemon getting to attack twice in a turn with a power of 400+ is... a little too much. So might just have it be where the baby gets to attack with it's own power. But I really like this Mega Evo so far xD

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#45 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Now all we need is Gyarados to get a Mega form and it'll be alright.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#46 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yea, maybe his form would, ya know, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT FUCKING FLYING TYPE WITH MOVES. Or, rather, take away the Flying type and turn him into the DRAGON THAT HE REALLY IS.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#47 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

The downside is that they can only evolve in battle and that they have to use up their hold item slot for the evolution. No Choice Band, no Life Orb, no nothing that could actually maintain stability. There's also no way of knowing if they evolve on the first turn or if it's a random chance/2nd turn sort of thing.

It mixes up the battles a bit, but doesn't seem too awesome.

147.png

#48 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

I generally don't even use held items. At most a might use Shell Bell or Leftovers? Possibly a type increasing move but it's kinda rare. Course I use the EV training items though, so yea...

And yea, I dont see these Mega forms starting out battles honestly. I can see it happening once HP hits yellow range maybe? Or even you need to activate it in battle and lose a turn in doing so? But depending on the increases you get for stats, abilities, type changes, etc, it can be really awesome and neat. Will for certain change how you'll battle, even if you dont use it, others most likely will. From what was revealed, seems like we might even have a gym leader that focuses on Mega evolutions herself. So yea...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#49 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

The hold item trade-off seems to be just too much for the Mega Evolutions not to start during the battle. Choice items/Orbs/Eviolities and so on are actually used a lot in competitive and not having access to those can make or break a fight. Besides, if an enemy pokemon has enough damage after say a Quiver Dance/Dragon Dance/Shell Smash, they might dish out enough damage to make your pokemon go from green to 0 instantly :v

Also, from what I've read, there is some talk in restricting this mechanic in some way. Specifically, it seems you can only have 1 Mega Evolution. Whether they meant for one turn or one in your party wasn't really elaborated though.

// Here's where I read it :v

Edited by Wynn, 10 August 2013 - 04:48 PM.

DHHIpKN.png

#50 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Mega Kangaskhan or just an animation/movement?

jQy13Ya.jpg

/Edit: It's been confirmed as a Mega evolution. 

Edited by Dion, 10 August 2013 - 05:47 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#51 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

The hold item trade-off seems to be just too much for the Mega Evolutions not to start during the battle. Choice items/Orbs/Eviolities and so on are actually used a lot in competitive and not having access to those can make or break a fight. Besides, if an enemy pokemon has enough damage after say a Quiver Dance/Dragon Dance/Shell Smash, they might dish out enough damage to make your pokemon go from green to 0 instantly :v

Also, from what I've read, there is some talk in restricting this mechanic in some way. Specifically, it seems you can only have 1 Mega Evolution. Whether they meant for one turn or one in your party wasn't really elaborated though.

// Here's where I read it :v

Yea, but, no one would ever NOT use a Mega Evo if it's the beginning of a battle. They get a stat increase right from the start, that'd make any other pokemon pretty inferior. Especially if it's a legendary like Mewtwo already adding more stats onto it's 600+ total. Normal 500-600 pokemon wouldn't be able to stand a chance against the Megatwo which will most likely have a total exceeding even Arceus' massive 720. They said there would be certain requirements to actually go into it's Mega form so... =/ I don't know. Some have said that you need to have at least one fainted pokemon, which i doubt, others say that it won't happen at the beginning because it states that this form will change the tide of a battle. If it starts as a Mega form, how can it change the tide of a battle in which it hasn't even started yet? There's a lot of things that can be done with it and what not. And yea, it would kinda suck for competitive fighting, but a lot of people that do go competitive fighting usually use similar ways of fighting and such. Theres tons of things they don't use in competitive and yet they are still in the game. Mega Evo might just be something to make things new and interesting or gain no fans or such? Maybe they're trying to get Digimon fans into the mix. Hell if I know. We should know more next month in the, possibly, last issue before the release of the game.

As well, they've shown art of two Mega forms fighting each other. So the rumors of just one Mega form in a battle at a time is false for certain. But the ones of only one mega form in a party or mega form for just one turn or whatever has yet to be confirmed so yea... It's still a pretty neat addition honestly.

Mega Kangaskhan or just an animation/movement?

jQy13Ya.jpg

/Edit: It's been confirmed as a Mega evolution.

slow.gif

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#52 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

Wynn basically said what I meant by hold items. Hold items are nearly crucial in the meta. These pokemon are seemingly made for the meta (Blaziken is/was one of the only fire types in the top tiers of the competitive sphere, and the only starter aside from Infernape) and I don't see them being all that useful, honestly.

Toss a dark type against Megatwo and he'll still be handicrippled. If speed doesn't rise, then you may not have a shot anyway against quick pokemon. I thought this mechanic was going to ruin pokemon for me, but instead it looks RIGHT NOW to be kind of a pointless addition.

Let's just say that Darmanitan's second (DW?) ability to change into the Fire/Psychic when low on health doesn't much help it out. Same can be said of these. Mawile and Absol are nowhere near good enough to run on the off chance that you get them down to below half health.

Turning the tide of battle could very well mean nothing, or it could mean that you can use it late game as your fourth/fifth/anchor pokemon and steal a win.

However, I doubt that we're gonna see them be all that spectacular in any way. It just adds a gimmick to a handful of pokemon. I'm not too worried.

Also, best use of that Slowpoke image in a while :D

147.png

#53 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Yea, after really considering the Mega Evo and what not, It can come at quite a huge cost if it doesn't happen right at the beginning of a battle or rather once you send the pokemon out into battle. Outside of the story and most of the ingame fighting of Pokemon, you really never have to worry too much for held items or things of the sort. Once you do things like the Elite Four for a second time or even challenge mode with BW2, those items really come into play a great deal.

Looking at it, low HP to Mega Evo would be shit in varies circumstances. Especially if not all Megas get stat boosts. I'm not sure how they could make it be balanced in all honestly. Certain pokemon getting it to be as soon as they are thrown out in battle is fine and wouldn't be 'overpowered' at all. Like with Absol, Mawile, Kangashan, etc since they aren't really powerhouse pokemon to begin with. Ones like Mewtwo, Blaziken, Lucario though, those could be really team destroyers themselves. Especially with how much their stats could possibly be raised. From the new movie of pokemon, a lot of people stat that Mewtwos form made him faster as well to deal with extreme speed Genesect so... his stats might get rearranged along with gaining more Special Attack? Don't honestly know. So yea... Blaziken though, at least THIS one, can really mop the floor with a lot of pokemon. The Speed Boost Ability just makes him even more deadly honestly. If the power increase for his attack is pretty suffiecent, combined with that ability, he'll still be a fairly highly used pokemon in battling.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how things work out and how to actually activate this new form besides needing the Mega Stone for the certain pokemon. I have faith in gamefreak considering the new additions they've made since way back in Gen 1. I don't think they'd really screw things up badly and make something drastically overpowered, even moreso considering they've added a new type in the mix to deal with the overused Dragon type which really had nothing to stand against it other then itself. Not going to really count Ice since... not all that many really good Ice pokemon out there themselves and their weaknesses aren't that pretty either.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#54 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

http://pokejungle.ne...tions-revealed/

So yeah. 17 more?..

GET HYPED!

DHHIpKN.png

#55 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

All of the starters = 15 more megavolutions.

Done deal.

147.png

#56 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

I SEE GYARADOS ON THAT LIST. HUR-HUR-HUR. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#57 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

That list is really stupid. Medicham? Why? Charizard? Blastoise? No Venusaur? Banette? Aggron? Why? Scizor? Why does Scizor need a new evolution? It doesn't. Stupid list. Really stupid >_>

147.png

#58 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

inb4 it actually is true

Feels like it's more smark bait than anything. But who knows, I can see some of those actually being real.

DHHIpKN.png

#59 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well, it's just a list of those that might as a result of someone doing some investigating and shit it seems. I dont see why a few of them would get it though. I can understand like half but the others... not really. I really want Houndoom to get one though. I'd prefer a full on Evo but... I'll take this...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#60 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

The names just don't make sense in general. I don't have an answer as to why they renewed the trademarks or whatever on their names, but I think it's pretty flimsy evidence at best. They also mentioned that because Gyarados was in the trailer for the new guys that he's one of the megas as well. That's kind of silly, I think.

We're gonna find out in next month's Coro Coro though.

147.png