Photo

KGs Skins

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Skins (10 member(s) have cast votes)

What skins do you like the most?

1. Utpoia (4 votes [12.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

2. Royalty (4 votes [12.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

3. Nightfall (2 votes [6.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

4. Executive (5 votes [16.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

5. Fenix (8 votes [25.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

6. Coldspace (8 votes [25.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

What skin do you use the most?

1. Utpoia (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Royalty (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

3. Nightfall (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Executive (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Fenix (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

6. Coldspace (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

As you can tell we uploaded a few new skins. We're trying to make things as visually appealing as possible for you guys. What do you think of each skin? Do you hate a certain one? What skins to you want to see kept and worked on more? Nothing is final with our skins and they are just at the 'base' level so take that into mind. They might change a bit. Tell us what you think so we can better your experience here at Knightly Gamers. Thank you for your time.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

I personally like Executive and Utopia for the "light" skins and Coldspace and Fenix for the darker ones. Coldspace needs work, though. It has problems with quote text and the edit box looks atrocious. Fenix needs quite a bit of work but I think it has potential. Utopia needs a banner and stuff, but banners can be worked on AFTER we finalize what skins we want.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#3 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I love Fenix, Royalty and Coldspace. Royalty and Coldspace are nice and cool dark skins while Fenix has it's own level of awesomeness with the dark colours it has. It kinda reminds me of a racing game kind of theme though (? Maybe I've just been playing too much Forza). Executive is pretty sweet for the light skins. It's got it's own smart and classy feel to it and off course it looks like one of the more professional kind of skins. I don't know much about Utopia. I like it but it needs to be more personalized (like the icons and background). Yeah, I like these skins you guys choose. Good job with the banners and stuff btw guys. :x

Edited by The Dream, 10 January 2013 - 08:03 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

You guys are terrible at feedback. Make up your freaking minds so that we can cut off the skins we don't want and I can make some fucking banners for the other ones.

Edited by Dion, 13 January 2013 - 03:15 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Maybe more people besides me should vote in the poll so that we have a quantitative measure of which skins are liked and not liked. When I voted I was shocked like WOW EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME COMPLETELY until I realized that I was the only vote. Come on, guys.

I think Utopia is a great basic/default skin for the forums. It needs new "new post" icons, though.

Executive could look a LOT better with a small splash of color in there somewhere (likely just adding a color to the "new post" icons or the headers)

Coldspace is easily my favorite, and Fenix is nice since it's a really pretty warm skin.

Nightfall is pretty bland, color-wise, and has a rather outdated layout/image base to it that would be tough to fix. Royalty just has too many colors for my tastes, when compared with Coldspace and Fenix.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#6 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

there's a poll wut

-x-

Seriously, though, when the hell'd that get there?

2j87ib.jpg

#7 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

there's a poll wut

-x-

Seriously, though, when the hell'd that get there?

Would anybody mind if I murdered him?

a>

#8 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Well, I'll look at the results of the polls tomorrow at 8 PM EST. That'll be the cut off date for the skin voting. I'm not gonna vote since I don't want to be biased about this based on which skin I think would be the easiest to make banners for. o.o So yeah.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#9 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

No skin is greater than the main/utopia skin. If removed, heads will roll.

a>

#10 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Based on the votes. No one seems to care for Nightfall, at all. Royalty seems to be hated as well. So It's safe to assume those guys will be gone alright? That leaves us with Utopia (our lightskin), Executive (our Neutral skin), Fenix (Our warm skin) and Coldspace (our Dark skin). I think those four skins are great for us and we can do a lot with them. Now, which do you want worked on more/first? What would you like to see the skin have? What do you want the banner to look like? The new and old post icons? Give us your thoughts for feedback please.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#11 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Eh, I generally hate lighter skins because that means more light in my eyes, and higher frequency photons, so I stick to the darker ones that look nice. Helps my body fall tired so I can go to bed and have an excuse to be on the computer even though I told not to be.

Edited by MotherHugging Lexaeus, 14 January 2013 - 04:21 AM.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#12 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

What would you guys like to see in each of the respective skins? I know Fenix needs work, but what characters, themes etc would you like to see? Coldspace will remain a nice dark skin, but I was wondering if Iggy/Kai/Blade/Val could do something about the quote boxes in it. They're all blurry and gross. Aside from that,the edit box could be changed, but I'm not complaining if it wasn't. Executive seems nice to me, but people want to see new new/old icons, so yeah, we can throw some of those together. I was thinking since Executive is our neutral skin, we could do a nice light/dark concept with it like we did with Dissidia, which was one of my favorite skins in the old forums. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind making it a FFXIII skin, since it has that nice sleek look that FFXIII's menus and HUD etc have. What do you guys think?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#13 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

COLDSPACE

I can remove the drop shadow in quote boxes no problem.

That background for the banner up top is pretty gross. You mentioned liking to make nebula and the like, so if you could scrape something nice together, that'd be really awesome.

Banner-wise, I think the current font face/style looks nice, so mimicking that with our site's name would probably make the skin look really sharp.

This skin also needs better new/old post icons, since it doesn't even have custom ones. Not sure exactly what to do with them, but if the new background banner up top has a non-blue accent color, the new post icons could pick up that color and make it look cohesive and sexier than it currently does.

FENIX

This one is one that needs more work on the back end, rather than the gfx end. Gotta remove the duplicated Forums button and get rid of the non-english parts.

As far as a banner for that skin goes, I think the current one's style (in the background) is neat and really nice, so duplicating that (and changing it a bit) would be good. Over the top, though, I'd like to see something along the lines of (but executed better than) the current Royalty banner. I think fire and that red Knight would look really nice there, as long as the fire is kept MORE toward the orange-yellow side and less toward the red side.

UTOPIA

I think Utopia is 10000% sexy the way it is. Adding a serious "banner" to the skin could very easily take away what makes the skin so nice. Simplicity here is definitely priority 1, I think.

It DOES need better post icons, though. Those default ones are just ugly.

Aside from that, I don't think Utopia needs any work.

EXECUTIVE

This skin really only needs a splash of color to make it not so bland. Even if the color is desaturated and barely visible, it needs to be there. I suggest coloring the headers for each section, since that's something that pervades every page of the skin, rather than only appearing on the index. The color could then be picked up in the shield in the banner and it would be a more interesting, nicer skin (at least in my opinion; feel free to disagree).

a5g7ld.gif

#14 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

COLDSPACE

I can remove the drop shadow in quote boxes no problem.

That background for the banner up top is pretty gross. You mentioned liking to make nebula and the like, so if you could scrape something nice together, that'd be really awesome.

Banner-wise, I think the current font face/style looks nice, so mimicking that with our site's name would probably make the skin look really sharp.

This skin also needs better new/old post icons, since it doesn't even have custom ones. Not sure exactly what to do with them, but if the new background banner up top has a non-blue accent color, the new post icons could pick up that color and make it look cohesive and sexier than it currently does.

Yeah, I wouldnt mind throwing something that's all spacey and nebula like. What colors should I use? Make it cold since Fenix is our warmer dark skin? I can use blues and silvers etc to make it all nice.

FENIX

This one is one that needs more work on the back end, rather than the gfx end. Gotta remove the duplicated Forums button and get rid of the non-english parts.

As far as a banner for that skin goes, I think the current one's style (in the background) is neat and really nice, so duplicating that (and changing it a bit) would be good. Over the top, though, I'd like to see something along the lines of (but executed better than) the current Royalty banner. I think fire and that red Knight would look really nice there, as long as the fire is kept MORE toward the orange-yellow side and less toward the red side.

Yeah, we can definitely re use the stock from "Deviant" for Fenix. I can give the fire a phoenix like shape to make it look even nicer and tie into the whole theme of the skin.

UTOPIA

I think Utopia is 10000% sexy the way it is. Adding a serious "banner" to the skin could very easily take away what makes the skin so nice. Simplicity here is definitely priority 1, I think.

It DOES need better post icons, though. Those default ones are just ugly.

Aside from that, I don't think Utopia needs any work.

Yeah, I don't mind that at all. New icons can definitely be something we can throw together.

EXECUTIVE

This skin really only needs a splash of color to make it not so bland. Even if the color is desaturated and barely visible, it needs to be there. I suggest coloring the headers for each section, since that's something that pervades every page of the skin, rather than only appearing on the index. The color could then be picked up in the shield in the banner and it would be a more interesting, nicer skin (at least in my opinion; feel free to disagree).

I'm all for that, as well. Can I ask you to do that, though? I don't even have the files for the skin o.o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#15 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

For Utopia I was gonna do some shield icons that could be white/blue like in the banner for new posts (New Posts would be a bright blue color). I think that would work nicely.

147.png

#16 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

For a dark banner I'd love to see Warrior of Light in his red ff1 costume. He's a knight and stuff so, yeah. Go Chivalry!

Also, a school themed one. Go Crusaders!

Edited by MotherHugging Lexaeus, 14 January 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#17 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Executive color ideas:
Spoiler

147.png

#18 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

The green and orange ones look nice. They actually would blend really well with the skin overall. They arent too dark either like the purple is, but thats just me.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#19 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

I really like the orange. I think it's a nice tone, and I'm super fond of grays with orange. Silver and green is another of my favorite color combinations, but I tend to like bluer greens with the silvers, and I don't think that would really look as good as the orange does, so yeah.

a5g7ld.gif