#1 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

So, the Generation VI mascots for the games X and Y have been revelead. Pokemon X will feature Xerneas, and Pokemon Y will feature Yveltal. What do you guys think of what we've been given this time around?

I'm loving the new mascots that we've been given. I still suck at pronouncing the names, and the names did take some adjusting to. However, I like how the names are different. I espeically like Yveltal's name. I think the design of Xerneas looks pretty nice. I suppose what bothers me about it is its horns--in particular, the multiple colors; this is just a personal nitpick--and that its legs and somewhat general build make me think too much of Arceus. Perhaps it could be related to Arceus? I don't know, though I wouldn't think so due to Arceus's story. If not, then yeah, it really bugs me, since it sees to make it just... idk. It's not unique. On the other hand, to me, Yveltal couldn't be more beautiful. <3 I love Yveltal, and I really hope I continue to feel this way once more is revealed and we see the mascots' types and how they fight.

What I'm most interested in discussing, though, is what types do you see these guys as being? And what exactly do you think that they are?
Xerneas looks to be quite obviously somewhere around the deer family (I don't know enough about them to state any specifics.) I think of Yveltal as being some sort of dragon, and I adore the idea of it being a wyvern. I'm not sure what type I'd see Xerneas as being past the idea of it being either pure or part Psychic type. Yveltal I think of as having some type combination that has two of the following: Flying, Dragon, Dark, Poison (potentially), Fire (potentially.) I'm personally hoping for Poison-Dragon. Looking over things now that I've listed things out, Poison-Fire also seems pretty neat. We have yet to have either of those combinations, and we haven't yet had a Poison-type Legendary Pokemon (Toxic Plate Arceus doesn't count.)
(Sorry if you guys are sick of speculating on Pokemon and Pokemon types. These guys are just really intriguing, and I'm all to eager to know what they are and what Types they will be. D:)

Posted Image

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Yvetal is really amazing looking. I can't wait to get Y and capture him <3 I'd like him to be Dragon/Flying in a way but Idk what he'll be really. Xerneas could be physic but I dont know. Too early to really say anything on them and I doubt they'll get spoiled before the games come out, which is sad sicne I'd love to know their moves and types before hand. I just hope they are really good legendaries myself. Gen V lacked a bit besides the three dragons... 

Also, I know I said there would be a Z but now that I thought about it, its stupid and wont happen since X and Y are based of chromosomes and not coordinates like I thought at first.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

I don't think that Generation V was bad. .-. A lot of the Legendaries from Gen V we haven't gotten or really played around with yet. I've only just gotten the Musketeers because you run right into them as you make your journey in B2/W2.

Anyway, I think a Z is possible. I'm not really sure wat would be the third and "middle" or whatever game for Generation VI, but I wouldn't toss Z out. Pokemon are creatures who are extremely unique. Their genetics and such may be different from our own. I wouldn't cross out Z being some gene strand, if only a hidden potential one, found in Pokemon. Generation V did have that who DNA Splicing stuff that it introduced. I don't think we know the specific of Pokemon cloning either, which occured years ago. I could see X-Y-Z having a double meaning, one being chromosones and the other being coordinates, being this is the first main game that's being made with 3D graphics and breaking out of Pokemon's 2D sprite shell.

Posted Image

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

I have a feeling Yvetal is going to be a dark flying type. He just seems like he would be. Xerneas could be a psychic grass type or maybe just psychic. I'm not sure, though. Anyway, the only thing that bothers me about these two is that they either named the games after the shape of the pokemon or the other way around. It makes me feel like  Game Freak is running out of ideas.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Because Black and White didn't feature Black and White legendaries.

Because Diamond and Pearl didn't feature "Dialga" and "Palkia." Platinum v Giratina is more of a stretch...

Because Ruby and Sapphire (and Emerald) didn't feature legendaries that matched the colors.

Because Gold and Silver didn't have Ho-Oh and Lugia, who are gold and silver, respectively.

Because Red, Blue, and Green didn't match those colors to the three game mascots (the starters).

I'm sorry, I don't see how this is any different from any other generation. >_> You're just nitpicking, now.

I'm Considering the trend of legendaries in the past two generations (which I hope is kicked), the two legends will likely share a type. I don't see how they would << But yeah. Xerneas looks Psychic to me, and Yveltal looks Dark. I would be VERY happy to see them as just those pure types (though I'd prefer if Xerneas was not another pure Psychic legendary...) and then Zwhatever would be Fighting and all the fanboys can stfu about their shitty-ass triangle.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#6 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

I would love to see Z be fighting or ghost, Y with Dark, and Psychic for X, but I really don't want more dragons. Fuck you Rayquasa for starting that.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

^ Agreed.

No more dragons.

I think X is likely to be Psychic, or maybe even Dark.

Initially I thought Y would be Fire, but now I'm thinking Dark because of his swoopy neck thing. I think it'll be part flying, too.

No evidence of a Z, so I'm not gonna speculate on that.

NO MORE DRAGON LEGENDARIES. There are way too many.

147.png

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I want more dragons, but not legendaries. I want to use them and have them be a rare but still around kind of thing.

And I can see X being Psychic only. But at the same time something makes me think it'll also have a secondary type with it. Y... God I want a Dark type for it. Dark/Fire. Dark/Flying. whatever. I'll take Flying/Fire though too...

I still dont think we'll see a Z. Maybe we'll get XX and XY =O Then again, how knows... there is a Z chromosome so.. *shrugs*

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

I don't think this is gonna tie into chromosomes. That'd be an unusual thing to bring Pokemons to. 

Iggy, you see, that's the thing. The colors were a previous trend that I actually liked. Im not a fan of this trend.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#10 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

It's the exact same trend, though. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are not colors. Gold and Silver are also barely colors; they're precious metals. Black and White are shades and made a fun play on the common phrase "not everything is black or white" since it spent a majority of its storyline focusing on the "gray area" in the Pokemon series.

I don't see this as too large of a shift from those things. And all that it is is a link between the game's name and the titular pokemon. In the past it was colors (and naming conventions; see: Dialga+Palkia) and now they're just doing naming conventions.

All I'm saying is that a link between the game's name and the titular pokemon (the ones on the box) is inevitable. Descrying it as silly or different or dumb is just a pointless reaction to something that should have been expected. I don't think one beget the other. It was definitely a combined creation, since that theme is inherent in Pokemon. And calling it a "trend" implies it will be extended beyond this generation, which is silly, since it's only the first time it's happened (game named by letter and pokemon name starting with that letter). If the next gen is Pokemon A and B with Apples and Bananas as the titular pokemon, yeah, I'd start to get upset and call it stupid. As of now, it's just following the already-established trend of Pokemon games and I don't see how that's a bad thing, especially considering the fact you like that trend. ._.

In addition, I really hope Y-vern is NOT part flying. I'm sort of sick of "this pokemon can fly therefore it is a flying type" that seems to pervade thoughts about pokemon in general. Like, it has wings and shiz, yeah, but meh. I hope it goes pure type along with its buddy. And if a Z exists, I hope it follows that train of thought by being a single type. Also if a Z exists, I hope it's not available in either X or Y, saving it solely for the third game in the trio. Something like that would have made Kyurem, Giratina, and Rayquaza cooler in their respective generations... If they were physically unavailable prior to learning the full lore surrounding them.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln