2 replies to this topic

#1 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm just going to leave this here until I have enough time to follow up on it. Until that time comes, feel free to add in your input and help me make this better. A quick note; I used Tori's save from Dragon Age: Origins and my save from Dragon Age II when creating this role-play.

original.jpg

It has been 15 years since the war started. Since the Champion of Kirkwall helped the mages overthrow the Templar order in the Free Marches. For the past decade and a half, this war has torn Thedas apart, pitting the mages against the mighty Templars in a desperate bid for freedom from the oppression of the Chantry. The war, which many have taken to calling The Inquisition, has split the population into three factions;  The Mages of the Broken Circle, a group of mages and mage supporters who were once part of the Circle. Now they are fighting for the freedom and their lives. Then there is The Order of the Knights Templar, a group of Templars and the “faithful” of the Chantry who are bent on putting down the mage rebellion even if it means killing every single mage and all who support them. In Ferelden, King Alistair and his wife, Queen  Alessia had been attempting to negotiate with the mages and Templars to end the conflict before it tore the country apart. Unfortunately, before negotiations could begin, King Alistair was assassinated by a member of the third faction; The Red Hand. Much of what we know of this faction is purely speculation, but we do know that The Red Hand is a group of Blood Mages and rogue Templars who split off from the Broken Circle some time ago. The assassin used this Blood Magic to secure his escape. Queen Alessia became regent to the fourteen year old heir, Owen. She left shortly after to pursue the assassin and hopefully find The Red Hand.

But this is only the beginning.

You are a citizen of Ferelden. By choice or chance, you find yourself in the Korcari Wilds, in the middle of what will be the bloodiest battle in the war. You owe allegiance to no one, interested only in your survival and that of your friends‘. Little do you know, the Maker has great things in store for your group. It is your responsibility to save the world before it tears itself apart. No matter what side you choose or the choices you make, know that your actions will change the world forever.

Good luck and Maker guide you on your journey.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This role-play will be based on the upcoming game, Dragon Age III: Inquisition. However, little to no knowledge of the series is actually required to play.

Character Sheet
Name:
Race: (See: Appendix A)
Class: (See: Appendix B)

Stats: (Distribute five points to the following stats, figuring in your racial benefits and drawbacks)
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 10
Willpower: 10
Magic: 10
Cunning: 10
Constitution: 10

History:  (Optional)

(Skills and Talents will come later)

Appendix A.
Races

Human
+1 to all stats    

Elf
+2 Willpower
+2 Magic
Cannot wield two-handed weapons.

Dwarf
+1 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+2 Constitution
+10% chance to resist hostile magic
Cannot be a mage    

Quanari
+2 Strength
+1 Constitution
-3 Dexterity

Appendix B.
Classes

Warrior
Starting Health - 100
Starting Stamina - 100
Starting Attribute Bonuses: +4 STR, +3 DEX, +3 CON.
Starting Skill: Combat Training
Starting Talent: Shield Bash

Mage
Starting Health - 85
Starting Mana - 115
Starting Attribute Bonuses: +5 MAG, +4 WIL, +1CUN
Starting Skill: Herbalism
Starting Talent: Arcane Bolt

Rogue
Starting Health - 90
Starting Stamina - 90
Starting Attribute Bonuses: +4 DEX, +2 WIL, +4 CUN
Starting Skill: Poison Making
Starting Talent: Dirty Fighting

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Are you gonna have time to actually run this? Not trying to be a brat or nothing, but it'd been a while since you've been around last, and I don't want you to bite off more than you guys can chew, you know?

147.png

#3 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

We won't have time to run it right now, but perhaps next month, we'll start to really get into it. If all goes as planned, of course.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens