#1 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

This is quiteeee a trip down memory lane.
Does anyone here remember or know of the DOS game Commander Keen? Did you ever play it? Did you like this series?

Man, I love every one of these games... Commander Keen is one of the first games/series that I've ever known in my life. My dad and I would play these together all of the time... He was so good at these. I would just sit next to him and watch him play these for hours on end, all day long, time after time.... It was awesome experiencing this when I was younger, since time seems to be so much longer on your youngest years. It felt like we you wpend our time on this forever, and it would never get old. I'm really sad that we never got to get more than just the demo of the 6th main installment, "Aliens Ate My Babysitter!" I'm pretty sure my dad owned every other DOS game. The only one that I don't recall that I only read of years later is "Keen Dreams." It would have been a bit odd, judging by the summary of it, but I wanted and still want to own every game of the Commander Keen series. It's said that the trilogy "The Universe is Toast!" was never made, and that the creators just moved on...

Hopefully there is someone here who can reminisce with me... I know most of you here enjoy your latest-gen games with HD graphics and all. However, I do know if you have a DOSBox emulator, it is possible to obtain and play the games... I read that Steam has Episodes 1-5 available... Maybe you'd enjoy them and a trip back to the earlier generations of gaming...

Posted Image

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

I really love this series. The games are so amusing to me. I love sound effects in the game too xD It's... really odd that he's a little kid and saves the galaxy and stuff though...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png