#1 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Duke Nukem is an awesome game series that was first made for PC and first released at the beginning of the 1990's. There have been many installments to the series released over the years across many game systems/platfroms, with the most recent appearing during the summer of 2011. Since the series is still around and has appeared on some of the most popular gaming systems, I figure that some of you have at least heard of it. Does anyone know of or play this series?

I myself really haven't followed anything past the very early releases of this series. My dad used to play these games with me and my sister. My mom would even watch. It was like a family thing. After the first two or three games, however, some violence and rather... gory? graphics appeared that my parents were not okay with me and my sister seeing. We were very young then, so it was a really big deal. Both of them were very disappointed with the direction that the game had been taken and promptly returned the offensive game. We still enjoyed the earlier ones, though. I really do like this series--particulartly the earliest games. Did anyone enjoy those specifically? I hope I'm not alone in that memorable experience...

Posted Image

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

(BlehtheseareallrealvulgargamesthatkindagoagainstwhatIbelievebutohwell) Ah, Duke Nukem. Yeah I really young when my dad got a copy of the game. I don't remember why exactly he got it or when exactly but I remember being young and him handing it over for my to play. It was the "land of the babes" addition to the series on my playstation one. I was pretty terrible at it back then but I picked up again a while back when replaying my PS games and I got far (got too distracted before I could finish it though, sadly). It's really entertaining and fun. I wanted to try out the new one because I tried the demo and it was great but I got over it because I kept hearing that it was terrible.

I might end up replaying land of the babes later on.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Land of the Babes? Lol, yeah... I never played that game or any ones similar to that. It sounds pretty vulgar and bleh to me, but I wouldn't really know. >_>;

Here's what lies in my fond memories:

;.;

I feel like I'm watching myself playing...

somuchluff...

Posted Image

#4 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

It's really terrible with story and of course it's one of the games that went into a horribad (as you put it vulgar) direction, but I just like the gameplay. I never got to try out the older games released before the one I have but looking at that video I might try to grab one. They look pretty good compared to what these games are like.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#5 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Idk Kain unless you're gonna "Blow it out your ass." Or "Rip off your head and shit down your neck." I don't know anything about Duke.

#6 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I've been watching playthroughs with kain and it looks pretty fun, at least the first one does for sure. Seems fun and doesnt even have anything bad in it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png