Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

[Battle 1/5]

As Grant wandered into the tall grass, he would spot a little brown rodent, resting against a log. He held a string of oran berries in his hand, popping them off one at a time in a very slow and methodical manner. He tossed one into his mouth and munched on it, eyes half-open as he watched Grant run by. He stretched and dropped the berries before scratching his tummy. "Sand...?" he asked to no one in particular.

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Grant cocked an eyebrow at the relaxing shrew. Cynders wriggled on his shoulder and hopped off. "Qui! Qui!" he shouted. From his azure back and flickering flame sprouted up instantly. It flared brightly, in tune with his fighting spirit.

"Doesn't look like much of a challenge..." Grant said with a sigh, rubbing the back of his head.

"Quil!" It shouted, not having any of Grant's dissuasion.

"Alright, let's get it going, then!" He relented with a grin. "Don't hold anything back! Flame Wheel!"

"Quuiiillll!" The little rodent shouted. Flames blew out from its back and cloaked the little creature in a veil of fire. Without any hesitation, he roared towards the lax Sandshrew, his accuracy spot on!

147.png

#3 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

The Sandshrew's eyes widened when Cyndaquil lit aflame. He hopped up and scrambled up and over the log to hide, but Cyndaquil's raging fires tore through the log and sent him tumbling through the grass. Obviously no longer able to sit back and relax, the Sandshrew rolled around and hooked his claws into the dirt, figuring that his best tactic would be to burrow underground and launch a surprise attack... His claws dug into the soft dirt and his plump little rump wiggled about in the air as he squeezed on down into his hole, vanishing from view. A quiet cry of "Shrew shrew shrew~" echoed from the entrance of the hole.

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Grant snickered and pointed at the log. "Alright, Cynders! Up on the log! When he comes out, hit him with a Flamethrower!"

Cynder obeyed, hopping up onto a piece of the shattered log and perching watchfully. As soon as the Shrew emerged, Cynders would leap into the air and quickly take aim at the golden pokemon, unleashing a billowing cloud of flames at the creature!

147.png

#5 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

The Sandshrew couldn't pinpoint the Cyndaquil's location once he jumped up on the log. Unsure where the Cyndaquil went, he searched for a time, and eventually settled on a spot he was pretty sure was Cyndaquil. Of course, he was wrong.

The Sandshrew popped out of the ground under one of Grant's planted feet, shouting, "SHREWWWW!!!!" as he tore into the sky with his claw. Mid-leap, however, a stream of fire washed over him, much to his surprise, as he was quite positive he had struck his appropriate target. The flames would most likely hit Grant, as well, due to the close proximity.

Sandshrew tumbled away, nursing his burns, growing more agitated by the second. He was determined to win. He spun around on the ground, throwing sand up into the air to impede the vision of Grant and Cynders. The Sandstorm was fierce, and Cynders would certainly feel its buffeting. On quick feet, Sandshrew used the veiling dust to rush toward Cynders. He rolled into a ball and darted toward the fiery pincushion with reckless abandon.

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Grant stumbled backwards from the surprising attack and got his arms up as Cynders unleashed the fiery breath. Cynders plopped to the ground and squeaked in concern.

Grant staggered a bit in place and coughed, feeling his forearms throb painfully. "No worries. Good to know your spirit is still blazing."

Cynders approached him carefully, but shuddered as the sand blasted over him. He growled and looked over towards the epicenter of the sandstorm. Grant shielded his eyes and coughed out an order. "Flame Charge!"

With a burst of fiery passion, Cynders ignited himself again in flames and stood his ground as the Sandshrew neared. If it connected, it was going to take some punishment as well due to the swirling flames.

"Follow it up with a Quick Attack!" he ordered, hoping it would go according to plan. If so, Cynders would shoot towards the Sandslash with its increased speed and try to put an end to the battle.

147.png

#7 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

The Sandshrew rolled into the flames and bounced right off, singing his hide on the fire. He yelped and was tackled by Cynders, flopping end over end across the grass before he ended on his back, arms flopped to his sides, defeated.

The sandstorm died down, revealing the wounded Sandshrew sprawled out on the ground, groaning mostly to say "wow that was troublesome" moreso than "ouch I'm hurt." Both were equally valid sentiments for the shrew, however.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

Grant wobbled towards the Sandshrew and chuckled. "That was a little bit more complicated than I anticipated for our first battle."

Cynders nodded and licked the Sandshrew's head, then coughed up some dust. He looked up at Grant. Grant returned the gaze. "What?"

Cynders motioned with his head. "Daaaa~"

"Oh, right." He pulled the Poké Ball out of his pocket and knelt down next to the Sandshrew.

"I..." he started. His face flushed. "I"m new to this, but..."

He held out the ball towards the Sandshrew, "Wanna be friends?"

147.png

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

The Sandshrew shuddered from the lick and then rolled into a sitting position as gracefully as he could. Accidentally, his snout tapped the button on Grant's extended ball. Expressionless, the Sandshrew was sucked inside, and the button began to blink.

Sandshrew sighed heavily. He had intended to slap the ball away and say "no way yo you just beat me up why would I want to be friends with you!?" but he had just been too overzealous. That's what he gets for overextending himself. He couldn't very well be bothered to even try to escape from the ball.

It shook once.

Twice.

Thrice.

A quiet ding noise sounded and the light went out. Grant caught a Sandshrew!

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Grant blinked. Cynders and him exchanged looks. "I guess that's a yes?" he wondered aloud. Cynders shook his head and climbed up on Grant's shoulder.

"Come on, let's head back. Hah. I should have brought some Burn Heal."

Cynders cooed softly on Grant's shoulder.

"Oh right, maybe we should go meet up with that girl again."

With that, they set off back to town.

147.png