9 replies to this topic

#1 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

Alright this is something I've kinda pulled out of the air. It's nearly a completely free kind of RP were you, the player, will make up most things along the way. A beginning you start with a blank character, all you have is their name which you can make up (or pick for another option). From there you get thrown into the RP and the world you get thrown into will mostly be described by the GM. When I mean mostly I mean the external world will be described (e.g trees, ground, sky, buildings). Things which will not be fully described here would be the people and creatures wandering you. You can choose to interact with an NCP which a GM will then take hold of or you will go on with yourself. When I talk about the internal world I'm talking about the inside of buildings and other structures. This world you will create completely on your own. You can place your own NCP's in there and your own convenient objects. The GM will, however, again take control of NCP's if you wish for such to happen.

Now more on you. You will be allowed to describe your own player as you go along. For example, your person finds a mirror they can describe their facial features. Another example would be if they decided to look at themselves at any point in the RP. They might describe their clothes then, or their build, or skin colour if they wished to be thrown into the world nude. The personality a person has can be developed along the way when they interact with people. They might had a kind personality if their first instinct if to be kind with everyone they meet. You're pretty much filling in an empty template. With their back stories though it would be preferred that everyone has some amnesia. They're like a blank piece of paper getting filled with everything they've gone through in the RP.

A record of things they've gone through can be put down in the OOC. It would have to be updated by themselves but it can be there. In fact, it would be preferred that there is one. In the end of the RP everyone can fill out their own template to see how much they've developed their character throughout the RP.

If you want me to explain more clearly who controls what then here ya go.

Spoiler

This is just an idea I've pulled out and it could use some tweaking. I originally thought of it as a fun RP to along with but it might also be a nice way for people to improve their skills when developing characters. You'd get more used to MAKING things happen for you character to develop them. You wouldn't just sit there and wait for the GM to hand everything to you on a plate. You make everything happen. You start the scenarios. You be the descriptive one.

There are rules of course. Basic rules of course. The main limits I'd have for the RP would be no "supernatural" things like everyone having powers. I dunno, if you made a convincing and entertaining story up about it then I think it'd be fine, but like I said it had to be convincing and not so "random" or "just for the sake of it".

Edited by The Dream, 24 February 2013 - 09:29 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#2 KershaFangs

KershaFangs

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts
  • The Golden Lycan

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

How supernatural can things be? If I wanted my no past character to instead of having amnesia, be "born" into the world with no knowledge through paranormal means, would that be allowed? The character wouldn't be important to anyone aside from the involved party to their birth, and it shouldn't affect anyone else for that matter.

Is that okay?

#3 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Sure, I see nothing wrong with something like that. If it's a mild supernatural kinda of occurrence I can go with that.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#4 KershaFangs

KershaFangs

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts
  • The Golden Lycan

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Then I am in because I thought of a character,

#5 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Great!

Oh shiz, I forgot about the other things for peps. If you really want a back story and name picked out for you so that you can have some fun just exploring your surroundings and the people you meet then I can give you a name. I would have a secret back story up for you and every interaction you do will be loaded with stuff from me. All you'd do is roam around, decide what your character does and most of the the other option has (like appearance and some personality).

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

So basically this seems like a general like... slice of life type thing? I think I'd be interested in joining, especially if you'd be running it :D

147.png

#7 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Yeah, something nice. It's be a bit more like a drama thing but slice-of-life too depending on how your character goes about their business. I got some really nice things planned for you guys if you all want to join it. It's a nice fun RP to let everyone stretch their fingers and imagination. Hopefully it goes along how I wish for it to go.

Edited by The Dream, 24 February 2013 - 11:21 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

I enjoy stretching both of those, and I use these roleplays to keep my writing as sharp as it can be. Definitely in :D

147.png

#9 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Would I be able to play a vampire? I've been on a vampire kick lately.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#10 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Uh, since I'm going against supernatural I'm kinda gonna be against vampires. If you're dude has some strange addiction for blood like that though then I guess it's ok. I've heard that there are people out there like that so if you can deliver a character who is like that then it should be fine. Just as long as they are, in the end, human.

A darker side with a few maniacs are ok with these RP's.

Edited by The Dream, 25 February 2013 - 04:38 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one