Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Freaks' Squeele
http://www.mangahere...freaks_squeele/

It's French. No idea why it's on a mango site. Anyway, essentially it's a French version of superhero comics mixed with a zany school comedy.

Fucking fantastic art and great characters. Story's great, too, and they avoid a shitload of the cliches since they aren't stewing in the same supers pot.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#2 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

I just finished the first volume and it's a fun read, for sure. The art is really pretty, and I'm fond of the power choices they've made for the leads as well as others. They're interesting and different, and the characters in general are really fun to read about. I love how Chance is a demon who wants to be a hero. :>

Wait - before I continue.

Is this series completed at 19 chapters? The last one was added in August last year, and I refuse to catch up in another series I'll need to wait an undetermined amount of time for future releases. >_>;

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#3 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:14 PM

WELL. Apparently Freaks' Squeele is updating again? I dunno, but the first 3 chapters of the Funerailles side story cropped up so I've got my fingers crossed that it keeps progressing. Gosh I missed this thing and its arts.

Gosh I'm super excited to see more of this series. PEOPLE NEED TO READ THIS WITH ME OK.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#4 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

._. I didn't even know there was a thread about this at all. I read this a good long time ago and completely forgot about it since it was never being updated. This should be nice if they manage to keep up with it again. >_<

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png