#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:53 AM

I'm pretty sure a fair amount of you know this game, and how awesome it is despite all of the terrible bugs in it.

I've been playing this game, and it's predecessor for a good two months now. It's been a real good way to pass the time and consume myself into something fun. Grinding for levels actually doesn't feel like it's grinding at all since I always swap people out and make all sorts of different combinations.

So I ask all of you fine people, just who all do you like in the game? Who are the best characters? Who's the worst? Any team you like best? Any equipment or move pools you like to use? And so on and so forth.

For me, I have to say that I love me some Wolverine, Deadpool, Iron Man and Sunfire. I don't like that some of their moves are bugged out and either don't work properly, or are extremely overpowered(looking at you Stark). I've come to find out that Sunfire, with the right set of equips on him. Can do some really crazy damage. He's level 60 for me right now and his melee attacks do near 800-1000 a hit. Not to mention his Flame Sword hits upwards of 2,000. Only Wolverine and Deadpool can match those numbers without the aid of a power up like Starks. Tony can use his motion amplifier to gain crazy amounts of melee strength. 6 Levels into the Boost and he's doing 500% more damage. I haven't tried that with the radiation equipment yet, so no idea if that will further increase things. One thing I dislike is that certain moves are better NOT to level. Like Bishops Full Auto, it can deal a nice 150 damage each hit and if you have a decent mutant mastery, his Energy bar will never move, allowing for a constant stream of hits. Back that up with a Radiation boost and he'll be killing just about anything. Bishop and Gambit both have broke Boosts in Energy Fury as well, making them deal amazing amounts of damage. And a kicker with it, it can be doubled and stacked with the blokes.

Another thing I'd like to talk about, I don't get why so many people say Bobby is the best character in the game because of his special equipment from the danger room. I know double cold dmg is nice and all. But with two nice Energy+ and Mental+ adding to him, he only deals about 800 with a Beam or with Cold Crush. Pillars is the third move I use for him and it's not really leveled but it does a modest 300-400 to enemies.

So yea, enough rambling for me for now. Let you guys talk and speak your minds on it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

<.< Ugh. I prefer the first one...The second one seemed shorter and easier to run through. Actually it was shorter and easier to run through. And the difference between end-game battles is that in the original game you had to fight a big ass Master Mod, or whatever it was called in the game, without power boosts. In this one you get boosts of power to defeat "The Great One". <.< And that was my only gripe. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

When Ig and I played it fuckin' forever ago we ran with Wolverine, Cyclops, Ice Man, and whoever we felt like.

Sunfire's sword attack is incredibly strong from what I remember, but the rest of his attacks are pretty crap or basic. Fire pop ups, flamethrower, nothing exciting. All of the characters are pretty good, really, but i don't remember how that game worked when compared to MUA/2, since those i've played more recently (and I haven't played them in at least two years)

147.png

#4 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Erg. I hate the damned random freezing that happens in the game. It's mainly why I've stopped playing it. >.o

I find it rather silly just how much damage some characters can deal compared to others. I have Wolverine with the same pluses in Damage and Mental/Electricity/Elemental as Jean but Jean does way more damage then Wolverine with Melee. Wolverine does about 500-600 with Jean hitting 900-1100. It's pretty damn crazy... Wolverines Striking is 240ish with Jeans down near 40. That whole boost she gets from one of her powers adding 250% Mental damage to Melee attacks is kinda cheap to be honest. It takes away from people like Juggernaut, Colossus, Wolverine, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, and others that aren't meant to be Melee damagers more then anything else. At the very least Wolverine does 3000 or so damage with his abilities but it's a bit dumb for him to not be one of the stronger damaging ones with Melee.

The game does have a fair bit of flaws in it but it's still pretty enjoy able and all. I love running Deadpool, Iron Man, Prof X, and either Wolverine or Cyclops.

Another flaw, or hax, or whatever you'd call it, is Toads one move. Secretion i think it is? Not only does it increase your movement speed but it drastically increases damage too. I ran a team with Toad and Nightcrawler abit ago and it was pretty insane. Used Secretion then had Nightcrawler use Master of Chaos and it did over 4,000-5,000 per hit to the guy. Think it's ten complete hits? Took down Sugarman really... easily. Can't believe I managed to beat it on Hard mode at only level 42. Had to be really careful though and pick good teams... I still want to try and beat the game with the 'weaker' guys. Like Rouge, Colossus, and Magneto though.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:50 PM

Doesn't Wolvie also have a boost to increase his melee speed? DPS should go way up with that, even if he's hitting for ~600 a shot against apparently bad enemies. I forget if that's in MUA or Legends, but I could have sworn he has some good boosts for his melee attacks. That said, Legends and MUA is a power-spamming system, so you're meant to abuse your powers over straight melee damage.

147.png