• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:43 PM

So, somehow, the first thread was deleted, along with every other post in the Music section. So, I'm making a new one. Discuss hip-hop and rap (and R&B), as well as your favorite rappers.

Anyone listened to Drake's new song Over? The verses are good as hell, but I'm not really feeling the chorus.

Also, top five rappers in your opinion?

5. Lupe Fiasco
4. T.I.
3. Jay-Z
2. Kanye West
1. Eminem

Oh, and blame Shino and Rose if J. Cole's music becomes my new obsession.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 16 May 2010 - 09:22 PM.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#2 Obito

Obito

Page

• Page
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:20 PM

I didn't even notice my other thread was deleted.Anyway,My top 5 rappers are
1.Stack Bundles
2.J.R Writer
3.Juelz Santana
4.LL Cool J(The man has been around since 85 and is still one of the greatest)
5.Pharell.(Pharell is the realest lol)

Stack Bundles was an underground rapper from Far Rockaway,(Queens)New York.He was a great lyricist.His life was taken from him on June 11th 2007.He was a member of dipset byrdgang but remained with his little squad.Rockaway Riot Squad.He was offered money and a house in New Jersey but,He wanted to have enough money to take his family and friends with him and ultimately never fufilled his dream.

On another note,Has anybody heard Beamer,Benz & Bentley?Great song and great beat.It's by Lloyd Banks ft Juelz Santana.

#3 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

for once, i dont really like Drake's new song >> i dun like the beat.

but uhm..idk the top 5 rappers >>

i love Drake & Lupe <3

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#4 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:01 PM

for once, i dont really like Drake's new song >> i dun like the beat.

but uhm..idk the top 5 rappers >>

i love Drake & Lupe <3

I love the beat and the verses, it's just the chorus I don't like...

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#5 Obito

Obito

Page

• Page
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:04 PM

Umm...Can you give specific reason to me why you like drake???And please do NOT say appearance.I believe Drake is all hype.There are better lyricist in Young Money that are over shadowed by drake. Two examples are Lil Twist and Jae-Millz.Millz was around before drake.I believe if he were to battle drake,Drake would lose horribly.

(Freestyle battle-Drake has yet to freestyle something good so,how do we know somebody isn't ghostwriting for him???)

#6 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

Top 5?

1. Styles P
2. Nas
3. T.I
4. Jae Millz
5. Jadakiss

Lets try to include reasons as to why we like these artists please. Not just say these people are my favorite and thats it. Styles P is my favorite considering the fact that I can actually relate to his lyrics and his songs have meaning. Nas is second because he has created the greatest hip hop album of all time, Illmatic. T.I has been one of my favorites since he made Trap Muzik a long time ago. I became a fan of Jae Millz by watching him battle around NYC against other artists and I like his style. He's still real and not about money like the rest of the YM camp (Other YM Artists that I Like include Lil Twist. Get those mixtapes). Last is Jadakiss. Like Styles P, I can relate to some of his lyrics.

As for Drake, he's fallen off. Back in 2006, when he was still new, he wasnt about being cocky or money. He just wanted to be noticed and make music for people. Now that he's noticed and has publicity, his motives have changed and I think his career will go down the drain.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#7 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

Okay, so I've gotten used to Over's chorus. Now it's one of the most played songs on my LimeWire and iTunes. Drake still needs something better, though.

Also, has anyone heard I'm Beamin' by Lupe? Shit is fire.

Oh wait.....

#8 Obito

Obito

Page

• Page
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:41 PM

Speaking of Over,A teen rapper from brooklyn named Dyme-A-Duzin or Dymez just made his own version.Better than the original IMO.
YouTube - DyMe A DuZiN ft Crucial "Over"

I don't listen to Lupe he is a good rapper but,his music is not for me.

#9 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:01 PM

Okay, so I've gotten used to Over's chorus. Now it's one of the most played songs on my LimeWire and iTunes. Drake still needs something better, though.

Also, has anyone heard I'm Beamin' by Lupe? Shit is fire.

he has a new song? =o

isn't the lasers album or w/e its called gonna be his last one? >>

#10 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:12 PM

he has a new song? =o

isn't the lasers album or w/e its called gonna be his last one? >>

Lasers was originally going to be his last album, back when it was a triple album titled Lupe Fiasco's LupE.N.D., but now I don't think it is. His contract with Atlantic Records prevents him from retiring.

It's waaaaaaaay too early for him to have a last album anyway.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 10 March 2010 - 08:15 PM.

Oh wait.....

#11 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

Lasers was originally going to be his last album, back when it was a triple album titled Lupe Fiasco's LupE.N.D., but now I don't think it is. His contract with Atlantic Records prevents him from retiring.

It's waaaaaaaay too early for him to have a last album anyway.

he better not go away! i love Lupe :3

my all time fav songs from him are Hip Hop Saved My Life, Intruder Alert & Paris Tokyo.

#12 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

Bleh. Not really a fan of Lupe Fiasco.

So Lil' Wayne made a good decision before he went away on Monday. Apparently he went out to the Bronx, found Cory Gunz, (He was on one song with Wayne) and signed him to Young Money. I'm a fan of Gunz since his father is apart of a legendary group and I have a couple of his mixtapes on my ipod.

Also, for those interested in mainstream artists, Waka Flocka (or however you spell it) has dissed the Wu-Tang Clan along with many other veterans over the radio and says hip hop is now about money and no one needs lyrics for a good song. Do you agree with his statement?

#13 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

Waka Flacka sucks monkey dick so whatever he says doesn't matter much to me or people who listen to GOOD rappers.

Eh, double post.

Y'all need to hop on Kid Cudi if you haven't already. Listen to his ENTIRE Man on the Moon album. It's a lyrically-perfect album. The only song that I honestly don't like is In My Dreams. Everything else is just perfect. Seriously, download the whole album NOW.

I'd definitely put Cudi in my list of Top Rappers. Hell, he might even crack the top five.

Oh wait.....

#14 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:30 AM

Your bugging, In My Dreams is one of the top tracks on that album. Something about the beat just draws me to it like a half naked chick on the beach :)
A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

I hate you more than Cole McGrath hates water.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Posted Image

#15 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

Eh, double post.

Y'all need to hop on Kid Cudi if you haven't already. Listen to his ENTIRE Man on the Moon album. It's a lyrically-perfect album. The only song that I honestly don't like is In My Dreams. Everything else is just perfect. Seriously, download the whole album NOW.

I'd definitely put Cudi in my list of Top Rappers. Hell, he might even crack the top five.

those 2 songs you showed me are beast lawl the beats attract me so much. ill prob check out some of his other songs too <3

#16 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

I honestly cannot wait for this album to drop. B.o.B. is just an amazing rapper. I've heard three of the songs off the album already (Nothin' on You, Don't Let Me Fall, Bet I), and they are fantastic. Bobby Ray is definitely, in my opinion, the best rookie rapper in the industry. You guys should listen to those three songs, and I'll Be in the Sky, a song that won't be on the album.

Oh wait.....

#17 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Posted Image

I honestly cannot wait for this album to drop. B.o.B. is just an amazing rapper. I've heard three of the songs off the album already (Nothin' on You, Don't Let Me Fall, Bet I), and they are fantastic. Bobby Ray is definitely, in my opinion, the best rookie rapper in the industry. You guys should listen to those three songs, and I'll Be in the Sky, a song that won't be on the album.

Nothin On You is my Addiction <3

#18 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

B.o.B is an average rapper bringing nothing new to the game. I see nothing out of the ordinary about him.

#19 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:31 PM

Not every new rapper is going to be something new to the game. There really isn't anything someone could bring to the rap industry because so much stuff has happened in the rap game.

Ugh, wtf hip hop fans? Do some postin'.

So B.o.B's album dropped. I love every damn song. Favorite tracks are Nothin' on You, Magic, Ghost in the Machine, Airplanes (both parts), Don't Let Me Fall, Lovelier Than You, and 5th Dimension.

Seriously guys, give B.o.B a chance and listen to his album. I'm sure you'll like AT LEAST one song off the album.

Oh wait.....

#20 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:36 AM

uhh..i like Nothin On You >>

i also heard Airplanes(the 1st part) and im in love with it! Hayley was perfect for the chorus. her voice is beautiful.

Edited by cbchick, 29 April 2010 - 03:14 PM.