#1 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:13 AM

Has anyone else heard of this console? It releases on June 25th, and will be sold for $99. Important features include:

* FF3 is a launch title

* Every game on the system is required to be free-to-try. EVERY game will have a free trial, will be f2p, or will have some other means of playing it BEFORE you buy it.

* Games will be purchased from an online store, it seems.

* As implied from FF3, top developers and producers are planning releases on the system.

* Did I mention that it's $99 and focused on gaming?

* It runs on an Android operating system.

* Devkits and the like to create games for the system will be available to anyone who owns a system.

* The system and controller are both very easy to open up, allowing easy access for modding and potential hardware extensions.

* It is small and thus both portable and easy to find a spot for even on a cluttered gaming shelf.

I dunno how I haven't heard about this until now, but hot damn this thing looks awesome.

Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouya

The Kickstarter campaign: http://www.kickstart...le/posts/269612

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

._. I'm just interested in the idea that they'll send out Devkits and other similar stuff are sent out with each purchase. >.>...Makes me wanna get it just to see what's in those dev kits. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

I've known about this for months. Seems like a step in the right direction when it comes to consoles, but I'm kind of afraid of the 8GB internal memory. If the games aren't that big, then that's okay, but if you don't have big games, then the games are probably not going to be as big as those on PS3 and other competing consoles. The promise of sending out devkits is great, since it shows that not just AAA studios can make games for this little wonder. Hope it does well and changes how next gen will turn out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#4 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

I heard about it but I'm not too sure if it'll work to great with the Android system idea. I doubt powerful games will work on it at all so it's pretty much just a phone but for gaming. I do like the whole "create-your-own-game" idea but anyone can do that if they have a comp, especially if they're making android games. I want to see this in action first before I think about my position on whether or not I like it.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#5 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

It's actually a pretty great plan they have with it. It's not some big box console that says either watch everything on me! play amazing shooting games and epic RPGs! CRAZY GRAPHICS MAN!

It's a basic and nice little guy. He doesn't have too much for him but he can do a fair bit. I mean, its not ALL about updated shit Look at minecraft.

It'll still put out a lot of power though, but nothing to what the PC and ONE/PS4 will be able to. But for no it's at least a start in the right direction. Would be nice to get an all digital sort of console involved with the whole new gens.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

I've known about this for months. Seems like a step in the right direction when it comes to consoles, but I'm kind of afraid of the 8GB internal memory. If the games aren't that big, then that's okay, but if you don't have big games, then the games are probably not going to be as big as those on PS3 and other competing consoles. The promise of sending out devkits is great, since it shows that not just AAA studios can make games for this little wonder. Hope it does well and changes how next gen will turn out.

I don't see this as an issue at all. The system itself can be opened with a simple phillips head screwdriver and you can dig right in there and hook up a bigger, better harddrive if you really want to. They wanted the base system to be small, cheap, and functional so that anyone could afford one and play it, and those who want bigger harddrives or something else better can easily get in there and ramp it up.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#7 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

OH SO IT'S A COMPUTER///

OMG//

No but seriously it's kinda cool that it's a "base" and they're encouraging doing your own personal add-ons. I think it'll be a potential competitor for other consoles and help structure a specific niche in indie works. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺