Photo
- - - - -

What's the manga you've invested the most time on?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

In lieu of a 'general manga' thread where we could talk about every miscellaneous question regarding our manga reading habits, I'm asking just this one particular question.

I've been reading Kosuke Fujishima's Oh My Goddess! since 2004/2005. It's the one my public library orders the most regularly, and the one that I just liked since that time. Apparently someone in the library staff liked it too, since it's the only series that hasn't stopped being ordered.

Physical copies are so good.

Edited by Waker, 17 June 2013 - 11:24 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Well Bleach actually. I started reading it in the Hueco Muendo arc or whatever because I wanted to know what happened after it....Then there's Naruto, and then there's Fairy Tail and History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi. I've spent more time reading HSDK though...It has about nearly as many chapters as Bleach and it seems to be just getting into it's middle. Pacing ain't that bad but the length of the story is long as fuck.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

I've read every single chapter of Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece. I don't think any other manga comes close since I still follow them (mostly) week to week.

147.png

#4 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

Surprisingly, the mangas I've invested the most time reading, were all three volumes of both the Mega Man Mega Mix and Mega Man Giga Mix mangas, which I own.Any other manga, I read at a more slower pace, lols.

Edited by Maru, 19 June 2013 - 04:15 AM.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

"One must always plan a few moves ahead in battle." -Char Aznable

#5 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

I was hoping you guys would... you know, mention how many years you spent. Or since when you started reading those series.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#6 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

I honestly don't know. I believe I started in 2007-08 and So that's like 6 or 5 years? 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I don't really know the actual dates that I started reading the manga that I still read, honestly. I don't believe I read them in high school, but I might have. I would assume around 2005 for Bleach at the very least. I think when I was current in the manga that it was around the rescue Rukia arc, since I'm pretty sure I've been following it "weekly" since before the arrancar arc.

A good chunk of that time I only watched the anime, and I watched the anime only up and through the Bount arc before eventually giving up. Naruto I started reading around when Shippuden started/during the endless filler arcs of the anime during that time period.

One Piece I have been reading since before Franky joined them. When I got really invested in the manga it was leading up to them recruiting Franky, since I remember discussion on the internet about which one would be the new crew member.

I can't accurately date these times, sorry D:

147.png

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Oh boy... this is a little hard honestly. I've been with Bleach and Naruto from the beginning honestly. At least from when they started in Shonen Jump for USA. So that should have been early 2004/late 2003? I picked up One Piece shortly after that. Those have to be the three major mangas I've always followed. I got into Manga from DBZ honestly. I watched it before I read the manga and when I saw that DBZ was going to be coming in this thing Shonen Jump, I picked it up and started from there. And even to this day I still read the DBZ manga. So I suppose DBZ would be the one I've invested the most time on...? I've read it fully about three times now. Read it with the terrible scans they had. Read what was posted in Jump and now reading the new higher quality scans of it as they come out. I've put a lot of time into One Piece as well. So those two are probably the most I've spent time on reading fully. I didnt know at first that Jump was quite a bit behind the actual releases. Once I started actually using the internet a lot in about 2005/2006, I started reading manga online cause it was much better that way. Still buy Jump at least, though it's sad they went to an all digital format. Nothing better then actually having the book physically in your hands.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#9 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

I honestly can't remember when I started mangas like Naruto and One Piece, sorry Waker.But it has been 2-3 years at the most, since I got my Mega Man Mega Mix and Mega Man Giga Mix mangas.Those I can remember when I read at least, lols.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

"One must always plan a few moves ahead in battle." -Char Aznable